NOT FINISHED/ORIGINAL VERSION...

By Lemonade___Tears

Hello! I'm completely redoing this story. This was such a fun project and my first real experience with writi... More

Chapter Two: Hidden Enemy
Chapter 3: Clone Wars Movie p1
Chapter 4: Clone Wars Movie p2
Chapter 5: Rookies
Chapter 6: Jedi Crash
Chapter 7: Defenders of peace
Chapter 8: Resolute Fun
Chapter 9: Trespassers
Chapter 10: Blue Shadow Virus
Chapter 11: Coruscant
Chapter 12: Wishes
Chapter 13: Meet the Parents
Chapter 14: Goodbyes
Chapter 15: Joyful Reunions
Chapter 16: Holocron Heist
Chapter 17: Cargo of Doom
Chapter 18: The Zillo Beast
Chapter 19: Dark Side of Love
Update!
A Secret Rendezvous

Chapter One

14.2K 185 159
By Lemonade___Tears

This is a Captain Rex x Reader fanfiction based on the Clone Wars animated series. I have been a fan of this series since it came out, and I absolutely love it and the characters. Ugh, I love the clones so much. As with most x Reader stories, (N)= name (F/N)= full name (L/N)= last name (E/C)= eye color. Enjoy~

Also, this story is dedicated to Girl_of_Fire for being so kind and supportive! Would have given up on writing this fanfic long ago if it wasn't for you! :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or The Clone Wars. All rights owned by their respective owners.

Chapter One

Geonosis was absolutely horrible. Only four weeks had past since the carnage, but the memories of battle and the damage inflicted still lingered on. The planet of Geonosis was a dusty, blood red war zone. With its sweltering heat and long hours of sun, you had thought the enemy droids would have melted into piles of molten goo. It seemed like such a strange place for a droid factory. And then there were the natives... Yuck.

You volunteered for the mission to save your closest friends, Anakin and Padme. Of course, you knew about them, their secret relationship. It wasn't so "Secret" from how often Anakin talked about her to you. He trusted you with more than just his life, and you worked hard to keep both of their trust. That was the whole reason why you went to that bug-ridden, alien planet.

And, currently, you were seriously regretting your decision as an aspiring Jedi healer carefully tended to the worst of your wounds for the thousandth time. The battle was a slaughter for both sides, but mainly for the Jedi. That was until Yoda brought an army of clone troopers and saved the day. The healer pressed a bacta patch a bit roughly on a blaster wound you earned on Geonosis, which brought you back to the present. You hissed through your teeth at her.

"My most sincere apologies... I am not used to all of these emotions. They seem to be getting to me," the healer said as if her words actually mattered. If anyone was being overwhelmed by forbidden emotions it was you, because, besides the guilt, fear, anger, and sadness, you also felt something else. You were attracted to a clone.

"Just be careful," you whispered harshly. "I'm being assigned a clone battalion today. I'd rather be better by the time I meet my men."

Reclining back, you stared at the beautiful, cream and gold ceiling. You were safe inside the Jedi Temple's Hall of Healing, but you had to frequently visit the place because of your wounds. When you woke up here a few days after the Battle of Geonosis, there was so much relief and guilt all around. Jedi were happy to be alive but saddened that others were not so lucky.

You honestly thought you were going to die during the fight. There were so many droids, fear of your own death mixed with the grief you felt over your lost companions. You should have died, but a clone saved your life.

CT-7567 fought by your side as you *recklessly* slashed through enemies without a care. After witnessing so much death, you went numb and hit a primal state. You were shot, not once, but three times. Yet, you continued to fight until your body finally gave up. As you were bleeding out in the crimson dust, a clone with two pistols blasted away the droids that came to finish you off. He was there by your side until the fight was finished. He carried your limp body back to the rest of the ships that took you off that burning hell hole. CT-7567 held you the whole way back. Or, as far as you remembered before passing out. The thought brought a blush to your cheeks.

When you regained consciousness, you asked for him. CT-7567 had been recalled to Kamino for special training. The ARC program, or something, whatever it was called. You were disappointed in a way you should not have been. Your heart sunk and you were greatly bothered by it. However, today, you would get the chance to see him again. Apparently he was based on Coruscant and had a special ceremony. Everyone was allowed to attend, and Anakin was going. That's how you learned of it, because the clone was assigned to Anakin's legion.

The thought of seeing CT-7567 again sent butterflies fluttering within your stomach. It was not an unpleasant feeling, just a new one. You needed to get advice from master Yoda on how to master your emotions again, and from the looks of it, so did every other Jedi Knight. Your comlink began to beep, so you answered it. "(L/N) here."

"Where are you (N)?" Anakin. You sat up abruptly, but winced from the injury on your stomach.

"I'm getting my last check up, why?" You asked quickly. Anakin sounded a bit irritated and that worried you.

"Rex's ceremony is about to commence," he said through the static.

"Who's Rex?" You asked in confusion. Anakin groaned.

"My clone captain. The one you were so enamored with," he responded. You hesitated for a moment."CT-7567," Anakin said dryly. So the clone had a name now.

"Of course! I'll be right there," you exclaimed. Then quickly added, "I'm not enamored by him."

"Sure, and I still have both my hands," Anakin sarcastically retorted. You hung up and ran despite the healers that tried to stop you. When you were nearing the coordinates Anakin gave you he called via comlink again.

"Sorry (N), you missed it." A plain and simple response. You felt yourself deflate a bit.

"Okay. Thanks for trying, Ani," you responded with false cheer. "See you later?"

"Actually, my legion is being deployed tomorrow. I have to get ready to move out tonight," he said, which really meant, I'm going to be with Padme until I have to leave.

You were sad when you realized that meeting CT-7567 was no longer a possibility. Maybe if I run, I might just catch them while they're leaving, you thought, picking up the pace.

You collided directly into white and blue armor as you ran around a corner. Your head hit first. As you fell back, the arms of the trooper caught you, and your arms darted out around his neck. You looked up at the helmet with its strange blue symbol, and were shocked. It was him, no mistaking the valor you could feel through the Force. Pushing away from him in horror, you stood up and suppressed your surprise. "CT-7567?"

The clone nodded. "Yes Sir." He stood at attention. The clone gave no indication that he remembered you.

"Do you remember me?" The question slipped out. You looked around to see if there were any Jedi around. Surprisingly, there weren't any. His helmet cocked to the side ever so slightly, the tension in his body loosening just a bit.

"Of course, sir. I haven't forgotten you," he replied. You tried searching his helmet for any reaction, but the dark, T-shaped visor blocked his eyes. You went to the Force and felt a light, warming feeling emanating from his being.

"I hear you have a name now," you said, hands on hips, his warmth through the Force a pleasant feeling you liked very much.

"I go by Rex now. Captain Rex."

"Ah, fancy," you said with a smile. You tapped your temple. "Those blue curves on your helmet, are those the things you got today? I wanted to see the ceremony, but I got caught up in... Jedi stuff," you said. Rex seemed to be surprised.

"Excuse me, sir?"

You instantly felt awkward. He was shocked? "Am I wrong? Did I hear the wrong thing?"

"No sir. I just was not expecting a simple clone matter to be known by a Jedi," he said, standing at attention once again. You laughed awkwardly, then rubbed the back of your neck.

"Well, simple matters become important when someone saves my life," you said a bit shyly. Your eyes shot back to his helmet. "Those look really interesting and I would like to know what they are," you then added while pointing at the blue marks.

"They are jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se."

"Oh, thanks," you said jokingly, then just stared at Rex until he awkwardly continued.

"Also simply known as Jaig eyes. It's a Mandalorian symbol passed down to those who distinguish themselves in battle." Rex was not smug or prideful about his achievement.

"That's pretty cool. I was thinking you clones would be a boring bunch, all exactly the same. But, you keep surprising me so far."

He just kept staring forward, or, you guessed so. The helmet kept his face hidden. You knocked on his armor. "Captain Rex, are you alive in there?"

Rex chuckled, took off his helmet, and tucked it under his left arm. Your brows raised, a grin threatening to break free from your lips. It was not the first time you saw a clone's face, but he had blond hair. Rex was incredibly attractive. There was a strange smile on his face. "If I made you angry, I apologize."

You stared, mouth making a small O. Gold eyes and blonde hair matched well with his dark skin. It barely registered that he was apologizing, but for what?

"Sir?"

You shook your head, blushing fiercely from your embarrassing actions. You were a Jedi, and these emotions had no place in your life. Quickly, you looked at the floor. "I just realized I never gave you my name. I'm (F/N)," you said, thrusting your hand out to him. "And I'm not mad. There's no need to apologize."

He laughed lightly, shaking your hand. "Well, (L/N), it is a pleasure to meet you in a domestic setting. It's much nicer here then on the battle field."

You pulled your hand away quick, then asked a question that had been bothering you since he stood over you on Geonosis. "There's no better way to bond than in battle. Speaking of the battle field, what were you thinking?"

He stared at you in confusion. "When?" Then he quickly added sir to the end of his sentence. Rex's whole body was completely straight again, standing as if he were talking to a military general! It was so funny, especially since he had to look down at you. Laughter filled the empty hallway as you struggled to contain it. He cracked a smile as he witnessed your hilarious action. Finally, when you composed yourself, you mimicked him.

"What were you thinking when you helped out my sorry hide, sir!" The sir was not sarcastic, just more... comedic than anything. He grinned and looked up at the high ceiling.

"I saw someone who was injured and needed help, and you were right in the middle of my path."

"That's great," you said. A strange disappointment settled over you because you wished his response would be a bit more... Personal. You wanted to know more, just a bit more, but he started talking again.

"Although," he squinted his eyes and continued, "you're so small I respectfully think the enemy would not have seen you, sir." You raised your eyebrows, unable to stop that persistent smile. Rex smirked in return, and you rolled your eyes.

"Now aren't you a sassy clone," you said, hands on your hips. He chuckled while sliding his helmet on.

"Only to you, (L/N), sir."

"Too bad you can't be in my battalion," you said. "I would have enjoyed fighting with you."

"Excuse me, sir?" Rex was amused. "Fighting with me, or against me? Either way, I think I'd enjoy it as well."

"Oh, not fight with you. I meant fight beside you," you quickly corrected. Rex laughed, the sound muffled a bit.

"Of course that's what you meant. Maybe I need to go back to Kamino," he joked. You smiled, and just kept staring. The feeling you felt through the Force continued to grow stronger, and you just basked in it. Then you quickly composed yourself when you saw another Jedi walking down the hall.

"Take care of Anakin for me," you said, shaking your head as the Jedi passed by, oblivious to the hammering of your heart. "He's going to need someone to watch him. Ani's more of a reckless fireball than me!"

"Will do sir," Rex said with a salute. You did the gesture back, and went on your way, instantly regretting it. You couldn't exactly run back and start another conversation. How strange would that be? Besides, you still needed to meet with the Council. You were excited. But nothing could have prepared you for what happened.

Almost as soon as you were let within the circular room with its beautiful view of Coruscant, you spoke. "I am ready to meet my battalion," you said before any of the masters could speak. Each Jedi exchanged looks of discomfort, even the holographic ones.

"(F/N) please step forward," Master Windu said. It sent a chill up your spine. You carefully took steps into the middle of the circle, nodding at each master with a light grin. Obi-Wan did not meet your eyes.

"There is a shortage of clones. If we had more to deploy, then we would easily give you your own legion. However, that is not the case."

You narrowed your eyes, laughed, then shook your head. "What? How is there a shortage of clones? I did not think that was possible."

"We understand you are an exceptional Jedi, and close with Anakin Skywalker." They did not answer your question. You just shrugged it off, not taking it personally.

"I am no closer to him than I am with any of you, Master Jedi," with the exception of Mace Windu, your former master. And you were close with Anakin. The two of you shared a tight bond, but like siblings not lovers.

"Of course. We, the Council, have decided to have you lead the 501st Legion alongside Skywalker. The two of you would be an unstoppable duo," Master Windu finished.

"Does Skywalker know?" You gasped. This decision was a shock to you. That would mean... Oh god. Rex would be in your care!

"General Skywalker does," Master Windu said, hands folded. You gulped but kept a steady gaze. "You will be leaving for Christophsis first thing in the morning. Get ready to move out."

More war, so soon after the last battle. "If that is all, I would like to meet my men," you said softly. You waited until you were dismissed, then spun out and left as fast as you could. Basically running down the halls, your dark Jedi robes flapped about like an injured bird. Something was strange about the meeting. It almost seemed as if everything Master Windu said had a deeper meaning. Did he think you possibly had feelings for Anakin? Was he on to Anakin and Padme? You felt numb as you went to meet your new team.

But there was one thing good about this all. You would be with Rex. The very thought made your heart leap. You knew it was stupid, but you didn't want the feeling to end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.9K 83
Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No body knows about them... except for Cod...
2.8K 67 17
"How are we gonna do it?" Ahsoka asked her favorite clone captain. "Do what?" He responded as his hand trailed down her lekku. "Make up for all the l...
26.3K 561 41
*CURRENTLY TRYING TO EDIT* *Wouldn't recommend to read right now! Some chapters are incomplete due to me editing!* AHSOKA has a newbron child, she is...
294K 5.7K 34
You've recently become a nurse serving the First Order. So far your life was uneventful and unimportant...you felt useless in a sense. Everything cha...