Unknown Colours (Destiel/Sabr...

By Gabriels_Wings

Highschool/Soulmates AU The Novak's and Winchester's live in a world where everything is grey, up until you m... More

1 - How About a Cliché Start?
2 - Dean and Cas are Forgetful Idiots
3 - Charlie Plotting and Rainbow Glitter
4 - The Trickster Gets Pranked
5 - Lying Never Helps
6 - Gabe and Cas Aren't Idiots
7 - Pranks and Totally Not a Date
8 - No Colours and More Colours
9 - From Notes to an Introduction
10 - The Beginning of Relationships
11 - Dean Can't English to Castiel
12 - The Beginning of Feels
13 - Yay for Cliché Carnivals
14 - A Few Feels
15 - Mall of Ships
16 - Pranks and Sabriel
17 - Sam's A Tease...So Is Gabe
18 - I Felt Bad For John
19 - Not Exactly Sleep Walking
20 - Suspicious
21 - Grey?
22 - You Promised You'd Always Be There
23 - Memories
24 - Brothers Will Always Be There
25 - A Single Man Tear
26 - Reenactment
28 - Road to Recovery
29 - Author Feels Awkward
30 - Soulmates
31 - Under the Glow of Fairy Lights
32 - Shipping
33 - School's Out
34 - Snow Day
35 - Goodbye My Innocence
36 - These Unknown Colours
37 - Written in the Stars
38 - Memory Trip
39 - Once Again With The Fairy Lights
40 - Together
Epilogue
Author's Note

27 - I Miss You

13K 792 853
By Gabriels_Wings

It was Sunday. On Saturday no Novak's saw a Winchester. Cas refused to leave his room, Gabriel was out buying stuff. Today Gabriel was breaking into the school and Sam's locker. More pranks.

Cas looked up at the ceiling, sighing. His last conversation with Dean was still ringing through his head. Dean had cheated. Sure he had been confused and mislead, and he felt horrible, but he had still cheated.

"Cassie?" Balthazar said, opening the door slowly. "Come on. You can't keep this up forever."

"Why not?" Cas asked.

"It's not healthy," Balthazar said, walking over and sitting on the bed beside Cas. "Besides, you need to fix this thing with Dean."

"You have no idea what's going on," Cas muttered.

"No," Balthazar said. "I don't. But I know this. You and Dean are soulmates. You're meant to be together, and one little mistake on his part isn't going to change that. You guys can fight through whatever happened."

"How can I trust him again?" Cas asked. "He broke my trust."

"It'll come back with time," Balthazar said. "But it won't if you keep locking yourself up in here. You need to try Cassie, or nothing's going to get better."

Cas sighed and closed his eyes. Balthazar was right, but that didn't mean it wasn't hard.

"Fine," Cas said. "I'll talk to him tomorrow."

Balthazar smiled. "Good. Now, Anna is watching the Titanic, so I'm going to hightail it outa here. Wanna come?"

Cas laughed. "Sure."

~~

Sam walked into the school, heading to his locker that was still covered in paper. He was tempted to see what was under the paper, but knew it would ruin Gabriel's plan. And he wanted so much for Gabriel's plan to work.

As he opened his locker, a mountain of ping pong balls fell out, making him jump back in shock. People around him stopped to look, some confused at seeing the same prank as a few weeks ago.

Sam looked around the hallway and saw Gabriel leaning up against a locker, watching him carefully and smiling slightly. Sam looked around at the ping pong balls, noticing a note.

'You broke into the school to set this up. By the way, take a ping pong ball. You'll need it.'

Sam picked up a ping pong ball and put it in his bag, confused. Then remembered...he had heard about the war when he picked Dean up from the party, and planned a large amount of pranks for Gabriel on the Monday. The first being to fill his locker with ping pong balls. The next...a muffin?

The day went smoothly, the first two periods going past with Gabriel ignoring Sam completely as usual. At recess however, Gabriel walked over to Sam.

"Gabriel I—" Sam said, but Gabriel shook his head, silencing him. He held something out to Sam, a muffin with a note on it.

Sam took it, and Gabriel began to walk away. "Gabriel it's working...just so you know..." Sam said quietly. Gabe stopped for a moment and looked back at him, already looking much happier than before.

Sam looked down at the muffin, remembering switching out the cocoa for cinnamon. He remembered watching Gabriel from a distance as he gave the muffins to his family and watched their reactions. Sam smirked slightly and went in search of Dean.

As he did, he read the note on the muffin. 'I think a sibling deserves this. Also, be late to your next class.'

"One step ahead of you Gabe," Sam said quietly, walking over to Cas and Charlie...where Dean wasn't? "Hey guys, where's Dean?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Charlie said. "He's not here today."

"Weird," Sam said. "Well I did walk to school...maybe he's sick. I wouldn't be surprised with the way he was treating himself on the weekend."

"He...what was he doing?" Cas asked nervously.

"Moping. Not eating. Not sleeping. He's really beating himself up over it Cas"

Cas looked down sadly and guiltily. "I'll go talk to him after school."

"About time," Charlie muttered.

Sam looked down at the muffin in his hand. "Hey Cas, do you want this muffin?"

"I don't see why not," Cas said, taking the muffin and taking a bite out of it. Before coughing violently. "I avoided this once. I thought I was safe." Sam and Charlie laughed.

"Just finishing what Gabe started," Sam said happily. Cas looked at him strangely.

"Do you...remember?"

"It's coming back. Gabe is a genius. If it wasn't for him..."

"Sam...you're going to remember something soon, and you're going to hate yourself for it."

(I know that has confused a lot of people so I'll explain. Chapter 14, Sam promised Gabe that he wouldn't lose him. Yet that's exactly what seemed to happen)

"I...what?"

"You'll understand," Cas said sadly. "Just saying that so you know the pain you see in Gabriel's eyes isn't for what you did at the hospital, or anything that you're doing now."

"Okay?" Sam said, confused. The bell rung then, and all the students started heading off to their next class.

Sam walked slowly, making sure he would be late. When he got to class, their was one chair left...and it had been switched out for one of those tiny prep chairs. The teacher, who was usually nice, refused to let Sam get another chair and he had to sit on the floor.

With the chair was another note. 'You were causing a dent in my reputation kiddo. You were tricking the Trickster.' Sam smiled at the note, before remembering again. This had been another prank from him...and the next one would get him soaked.

Sam was thinking about that during lunch. He couldn't remember the details of the prank...then the sprinklers around him turned on, soaking him.

Sam ran out of the way of the spray, picking up yet another note attached to the sprinkler. 'It was starting to feel like a one sided war.'

Sam smiled at the note, remember writing out the similar one and placing it on the sprinkler, waiting for Gabriel to walk past to turn them on.

During lunch, Sam went to sit with Charlie, Benny, Garth and Cas. Cas looked worried while Charlie was trying to comfort him. Sam pulled out all the notes that Gabe had given him, as well as the ping pong ball, turning them over in his hands. Then he realized that the notes were all written on the backs of the original notes. Gabriel must've kept them...

"Hey Sam," Charlie said. "Wouldn't you have noticed if Dean was sick?"

"Probably," Sam said slowly. "Mom would've been running around looking after him..."

"Was she?" Cas asked.

"Now that you mention it, no," Sam said. "I didn't see Mom, Dad or Dean this morning. I was a bit distracted..." He totally hadn't been looking at the painting of the pranks again. "Sorry Cas. We can check after school though."

Cas nodded, but he didn't look any less worried than he did before.

~~

In art, they were doing some photography assignment when Gabriel walked over to Sam. Sam looked up at him as Gabriel put three things down on his desk before walking away. Two notes and a book.

On the original note was Sam telling Gabriel his locker number. On the back, 'Okay Samsquatch. If you really are remembering, then prove it. You should know what to do with my sketchbook.' The other note was the one obviously meant to go with the sketchbook.

Sam looked down at the worn sketchbook. He went to open it before getting a feeling that he shouldn't, not yet at least. He saw Gabriel stand up and leave the room, before remembering a small fact. Gabriel's sketchbook was one of his most precious possessions. And he'd given it to Sam...no, Sam had taken it from him without realizing and Gabe had left the room in panic.

Sam stood up, asking the teacher to leave. He could tell by her smile that Gabe had told her what was going on, and she let him out of the room.

Sam walked down the halls to Gabe's locker, and was about to break open the lock before he realized he remembered Gabriel's code. Except not from when this was a reenactment of, from something more recent. From when him and Gabe were together.

Sam opened the locker, and saw the messiness of Gabe's belongings. He put the sketchbook in, before writing a quick note to go with it. Then he noticed a picture on the door.

It was of Sam and Gabe. Sam was obviously the one who had taken the picture since Gabe was asleep. They were lying on a couch and Gabe was curled up against Sam's side, sleeping peacefully. Sam, while being the one to take the picture, was looking down at Gabriel with an expression filled with so much love and adoration.

Sam could feel tears coming to his eyes so he closed the locker. He didn't realize that the bell had gone and people were walking into the hall. As well as Gabriel.

Gabriel was standing there, had seen Sam looking at the picture. Had seen his reaction. He walked over to where Sam was looking at him and opened his locker without a word, smiling as he saw the sketchbook in there. Sam didn't move, just watched as Gabe read the note. He hadn't known what to write...so all he'd written was 'I miss you.'

Gabriel looked up at Sam with tears in his eyes, biting his lip. He stepped forward and pulled Sam into a hug. Sam was surprised, since Gabe had been avoiding him, but then again they were soulmates.

Sam smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around the shorter one, leaning down to rest his chin on Gabe's shoulder. Gabe pulled away a moment later before starting to ignore Sam again, as much as Sam could see it hurt him. Sam looked at him sadly before walking away.

~~

(I just remembered, Cas's wrist is broken)

Cas walked through the hallways, heading towards his car. And then Azazel the assbutt appeared.

"Why hello there Cassie," he said, smirking with his freaking yellow eyes and blocking Cas's path. "How's our favourite fag doing?"

"Are you ever going to expand your vocabulary or stick to the insults of a twelve year old?" Cas replied, scowling at Azazel. Azazel narrowed his eyes.

"Listen here you little shit," he said.

"No."

Azazel fumed and went to throw a punch at Castiel. Which Castiel blocked perfectly. Surprise was clear in Azazel's eyes and Cas took that opportunity to punch Azazel hard in the stomach. He doubled over before straightening up with even more rage in his eyes.

"Oh you've done it now," he snarled. He jumped at Cas, but Cas just dodged to the side before kicking Azazel into the lockers the way Meg had taught him. He punched Azazel hard in the stomach with his good hand before holding the cast of his broken wrist against his throat, pressing him against the lockers.

"How about this?" Cas said. "You leave me alone and I won't beat the shit out of you."

"In your dreams," Azazel spat. Cas shrugged and went to walk away. Before turning back and punching Azazel in the face. There was a sickening crack and a scream from Azazel. Probably a broken nose. Cas smirked before turning and walking away, leaving the gathered audience to help Azazel if any of them felt he deserved it. Which most of them didn't.

Cas walked out to where Sam was waiting so they could walk over to the Winchester's house.

"Why is there blood on your hand?" Sam asked.

"A bully needed to be taught a lesson," Cas said. "Now he has a broken nose."

Sam clapped. "Bobby may not be too happy."

"I don't think anyone will care. Who ever liked Azazel anyway?"

"Good point," Sam replied.

And so they walked to the Winchester's house.

Only to find no one home.

~~

It's sad to think that this story has almost finished...because these whole feelsy things are the last things I have planned...I was going to end it a bit after this section finished...

And a question for everyone...does anyone want there to be smut in this story?

Coz I mean, I could write it if you guys want it...but if no one wants it then I won't go through with that awkwardness. Obviously not Sabriel coz they're to young, I mean for Destiel.

So I got a Kings of Con thing from their Indiegogo campaign...it shoulda been sent recently...and now I'm being so paranoid about it getting lost in the mail or something, coz that always seems to happen for us...sigh

Also I feel like writing a Christmas oneshot. Ima do that soon.

*Gives you all pizza*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.8K 36
Autumn is a of many perfections and of course blemishes. "Keep your head up, and nothing will go wrong" is her motto. She lives her life as a success...
609K 37K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
11.1K 421 11
Theo Raeken thinks he can just continue living his life in his truck. After all, there's nobody out there who cares about him, right? And sure, he'll...
115K 6.4K 36
Dean got into an accident and was most likely going to die, but a miracle happens and Dean lives but for some reason he can't see colors any more, al...