Imperfect Mate

By NightWolf718

Attending CottonWood High, also known as CottonWood Living Quarters For Rouges, life is difficult for Estelle... More

Prologue- Before CottonWood
Chapter 1- The Hunt
Chapter 2- The Cabin
Chapter 3- Awakening
Chapter 4- The TakeDown
Chapter 5- Hidden Within
Chapter 6- Just Another Ceremony
Chapter 7- The Night
Chapter 8- Tongue Tied
Chapter 10- Secrets Revealed
Chapter 11- Feelings Revealed
Chapter 12- The Monster Inside
Chapter 13- Missing You
Chapter 14- His Hidden Thoughts
Chapter 15- His Hidden Soft Spot
Chapter 16- The Camp
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part One
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part Two
Chapter 18- Confessions
Chapter 19- BreakUps
Chaper 20- Is this even Love?
Chapter 21- Mistakes Uncovered
Chapter 22- The Unexpected
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part One
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part Two
Chapter 24- The Truth
Chapter 25- You're Mine
Chapter 26- Getaway
Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls
Chapter 28- Freedom
Chapter 29- A New Life (Ending)
<>Epilogue<>

Chapter 9- The Party

2.9K 119 19
By NightWolf718

Chapter 9-  The Party
------------------------------

Ripping my hand from Rangel's grip, I feel the base rumbling through the ground, the music loud.

"Try not to have too much fun," Rangel sarcastically grumbles to me.

Stepping onto Alpha Quarters, Rangel and I walk through the familiar fence, tall hedges lining the pathway to the mansion.

"Yeah well, you shouldn't sound like such a killjoy when saying that," I reply, the both of us walking down the long pathway, couples making out within the bushes.

"Oh, like you even are enjoying any of this," Rangel remarks. "You'll never accept me or anything to do with this ceremony. Quit acting like I'm the 'killjoy' here."

Knowing that he was right, I keep silent knowing that my heart belonged and longed for a different guy that probably doesn't even like me...

"Cause we both know you'll never love me like you would with that damn shady guy," Rangel huffs, completely irritated. "I ought to kick his ass back into his own league away from you."

"Getting jealous? I haven't even talked to him for the longest time it feels like," I say to him just as we approach the front door, Rangel swinging it open letting me enter first.

"Well, all I have to say is that it better stay that way between you two,"Rangel tells me. "Stay the hell away from him or you won't like the results, Estelle."

The look on his eyes as he spoke to me was enough for me to know he was serious.

It was almost enough to scare me...

"You're not the boss of me. I shall do what I please," I back talk. "Leon is just a supportive friend."

Rangel gives me a threatening glare before I turn and walk away, eyes scanning the people drinking and dancing all around me. Sweaty bodies clinging and grinding.

Gaze falling on a certain guy all a sudden, my stomach flops for an unknown reason, as if I encountered this man before.

Tall and broad, his eyes basically orange rather than yellow as his hair was thick and stark black with the most muscular body...

Jared

Breaths hitching as I saw him searching the scene carefully, I turn and run for Rangel who was at the table getting drinks patiently.

We've got to leave. He's probably looking for me.

"Coming back to me now ?" He softly chuckles, handing me a cup just as I quickly set it on the table, pulling him from Jared's eyesight.

Rangel's alcohol spills onto the both of us in the process, the contents soaking into my dress and onto his suit as I tugged him roughly outside.

"What the hell!" He yells at me, cursing to see himself all covered in his drink.

"We've got to leave, now," I urge, going to grab his arm again to only have him back away.

"Listen, I know you probably really don't want to be here," Rangel slurs. "But, you've got to be here for the Alpha. No telling what he'd do if you weren't here."

He takes a swig from his half-empty cup, tossing it behind him afterwards.

"Just hear me out on this one-" I start.

"Thought I'd never see your pretty little face again," I hear a low, masculine voice says. "Too bad this encounter you're wearing clothes-"

Rangel punches him in the nose, not even hesitating when the guy basically loomed over the both of us, the wolf looking like he took steroids.

"Say something like that again and I'll have you dead in a second," Rangel seethes, pulling me to his side.

"That was a compliment," Jared mumbles as he held his nose in pain. "Never knew those deserved punches to the nose-"

"Who in the hell are you?" Rangel sternly asks, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"She knows who I am. That's all the importance," Jared replies. "Looks like I found your camp without your help."

"Big deal," I growl. "Like you can do any damage."

Jared steps close to me, leaning down to my face. "I wouldn't be brushing this off your shoulders, little girl."

He looks to Rangel,"You've got something I want."

Rangel stands straighter, showing dominance.

"That is?" Rangel asks.

Jared's grin widens. "Your girl here knows where I can find my pack member."

I pinch my brow together in confusion.

"Leon," Jared explains upon seeing my confusion. "That traitor knows he's in trouble."

Heart pounding, Rangel probably feeling it thundering in my chest as I take in a deep shaky breath, I avoid eye contact with him.

"I have no idea who that is," I say aloud, looking to my feet.

Jared angrily growls at me, causing me to look him in the eyes.

"Gotta be difficult every time?" He lowly speaks in question. "I'll gladly take you in exchange until you tell me."

Rangel glares at him, shoving him away as he got closer to me.

"Back off," Rangel protectively growls.

"I'll do whatever it takes, even if that's taking her away and torturing her," Jared snarls at Rangel.

"Jared, get away from me," I order, slipping from Rangel's arms.

"Mess with her and you're in for a world of hell," Rangel warns. "I suggest getting out of here and never coming back."

Jared brushes his hand over my cheek to cup it. "I'll be back, beautiful."

With that, he disappears in thin air, vanishing before my own eyes, explaining why he has orange eyes.

That pack of wolves weren't your usual pack of wolves...

"How many more weird guys are attracted to you?" Rangel asks. "You've got to quit hiding these things from me."

"I just meant him in the woods when I was hunting and they all ambushed me," I explain simply. "I just hope it won't happen again."

"Hey, I won't let him ever get to you," Rangel coaxes me, cupping my face with both his hands. "You're safe with me."

"I wish I could believe that," I sigh.

Rangel gazes at me, leaning down close to my lips,"Sometimes you've got to trust people."

I internally shake with that thought.

"Like you would actually trust me with anything," I point out, wanting to roll my eyes.

"It's probably for the best," Rangel says. "It's either that or we'll be dealing with you in danger all the time."

"As if that's not already a problem," I say, looking up into his eyes.

"We shouldn't be dealing with this right now, come on," he stops the conversation, pulling me inside to the pounding music.

Gazing around, I all a sudden am aware of Leon no where in sight...

Is he aware of Jared? Has Jared already gotten to him..?

"Stop worrying, I know that look," Rangel tells me, guiding me to the dance floor packed with other people. "You're little boyfriend will be fine."

Ignoring him, I don't see Stacey or Thea either, my mind stresses-

Rangel twirls me, lifting and spinning me around in dizzy circles... It was almost enough to relive my pinned emotions.

Taking in a deep breath, I decide to go along with Rangel's motions, our bodies swaying close to each other.

"You're so tense, ease up," he tells me, rubbing my shoulders soothingly.

I look up into his soft eyes, not knowing how to reply to that. So, I stay quiet and attempt to sigh my stress away.

"Wish I could make you happy like he can," Rangel mumbles suddenly, gazing at the floor as he spun me again... I knew he was talking about Leon.

Still being quiet, I finally speak,"I'm stuck with your sorry ass, so stop your grumbling."

Rangel grasps my chin then, leaning down close to me, flashing me his sharp teeth in threat.

"Watch what you say, pretty girl," he growls to me."You're so full of yourself to care about other's feelings. You think you deserve the best and you'll argue until you get what you want, like some little spoiled brat. And when it's the best time to say something, you give me that same blank stare as if something has ahold of your tongue."

Anger pulsing through me, my teeth extend out fully as my nails grew.

"You hurt the people you love as if it was showing affection or to show dominance, but it hurts both internally and externally, Rangel," I say to him, forcing my fangs to sink back to normal. "You keep these secrets from me as if it's some game. You're hidden and shady. Yet, you expect me to actually think about loving you someday when you won't even open up to me over anything?"

With that, I run from him, making my way out the door, not stopping until I got to my cabin, slamming the door shut after me.

"Someone's not having a very good party," a voice teases in the dark kitchen.

Not being able to pin the voice to someone, I flip on the lights, almost ready to freak out thinking it might be Jared.

Instead, it was Luster. He looked completely sober as he picked through the fridge and gathered some food in his arms.

"Geez, how'd you guess?" I sarcastically question, tears streaming both my cheeks.

Luster just chuckles, warming up some pasta that was in a plastic container, stuffing his mouth with it quickly after, looking like it was stress eating.

"Well, what's your problem?" I ask, sitting on the barstool.

He looks up at me, setting the container down, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

Knowing how he was always fit and good looking, there must be a reason for this...

"As if that even matters," he replies. "You shouldn't even be talking to me right now about this."

But I was.

In fact, I was sitting right in front of him and he didn't even care to talk.

"Well, obviously someone has bothered you enough to get you to eat late at night," I reply, blowing off his statement.

He stops chewing then, dropping the container which got noodles all over him in which he flung at me.

"Hey!" I scream, my tears stopping. "Stop that!"

Luster bends over to grab the noodles, chuckling slightly and that's when I jump from my chair and tackle his back, causing him to fall completely into all the noodles and all of them smash into his sweatpants and sweatshirt as he cushioned my fall.

Growling, Luster grabs me off him and mats noddles into my nice hair, laughing.

Cursing as I squirm under his grasp, he leans over me, gazing into my eyes.

"You're a handful, aren't you? I feel Rangel's pain-"

The front door slams, the person walking over to us.

"What the hell?!" I hear Rangel bellow, throwing Luster off me. "Decide to go throw yourself at my friend then?"

Noticing he was questioning me rather then Luster, I sigh and gather myself to my feet, noodles still covering me.

Of course this is my fault...

"I wasn't throwing myself at him, Rangel. Sorry I got assigned to a cabin full of guys and I just wanted someone to talk to," I half lie.

"You've got a lot of guts, Estelle," Rangel eyes me sternly. "For making a move like that."

He grabs me then, pulling me real close to his chest dominantly.

"Another problem you have," Rangel seethes. "Constantly lying to save yourself. That's quite sad, actually."

"Get the hell away from me," I grit out, trying to push him away which only resolves in him lifting me off the ground, walking from the kitchen with Luster watching us.

Carrying me up the staircase, my nails sink into his arm but he didn't seem to care as he continued to hold me tightly, making his way to his room.

Dropping me to my feet, I get the urge to knock him flat on his ass but I hold back as I stare at his blooded arm, not getting the feel to sink my teeth into his skin.

His blood is probably rotten to the tongue.

"Your not the superior here," I remark. "Just because I'm not near as big as you are doesn't mean you're all in charge and can do whatever you want."

Rangel smirks at my words, coming too close.

"Maybe you deserve what's being thrown at you..? Ever look at other people's sides to things?" He questions.

I roll my eyes, knowing he's starting another argument.

"Not when I don't care about the person," I truthfully tell him.

Rangel's expression changes all a sudden, realizing I hit a really soft spot.

He backs away from me only to have me step closer. Almost feeling bad, I extend an arm to take his big hand in mine, knowing that this was not a good way to start out our long relationship.

"Leave," he sternly speaks."I'm not in the mood."

"Rangel-"

"I said leave!" He yells, eyes glazed.

When I don't walk, he makes a move to physically force me to leave, his expression stern with anger...

Hating my next idea, I take in a deep breath, standing on my tippy toes to press my lips to his.

He takes awhile to respond, wrapping his arms around my waist as I did around his neck.

"Estelle, now isn't the time," he mumbles against my lips.

Not responding, I knew I had to fix this little twist between us.

Closing any farther gap between us, I take his lips again, muting any farther complaining that would come from his mouth.

Rangel takes over then, deepening our kiss extremely, his lips hot against mine as his touch was as delicate as I remembered. He caressed the sides of my neck, raising me to his hips which eased my calf muscles from standing on my toes.

Our argument seemed to quickly disappear, my hands raking through his hair, pulling on some strands-

"We should stop," he groans, placing me onto my feet.

"Glad we see through on something," I agree, stepping back a couple of steps.

"Go get cleaned up, you've got to get some rest," he orders, acting like the boss again.

I swear...

Getting my pajamas from my closet and quickly changing into them, I climb into my own bed, wanting to scream into the pillow in frustration.

Resisting my instinct, I grab one of my smaller plush pillows and smack my head with it several times before closing my eyes... Falling into a dream...

Smelling blood coursing through a live person, I sprint through the woods, following their tracks.

I haven't drank in weeks, my strength and energy extremely low with exhaust.

Glad that I could be alone instead of with a group of other wolves, I smile and gracefully seek out my meal.

Stumbling across the smell to be thicker, more pronounced, I see the guy standing in a open meadow of white roses as if he were waiting for me after awhile. Blood was dripping from
his arm, which was the factor to baiting me out.

"I knew you'd come running to me," he said,"epically when starving and in desperate need for this..."

The guy cuts himself again, blood dripping down into the peddles of the roses, my stomach growling with hunger.

"You'd do anything for your beloved Leon, wouldn't you?" I notice the guy all a sudden as Jared. His random question hits me in surprise.

The knife he gripped was turning his knuckles white, the tip pointing at me as it aimed at me.

"Give a life for a life," Jared spoke,"sounds like an even agreement to me."

"Just don't hurt him, I'll do anything!" I beg in a loud exclaim, ready to fall to my knees.

That's when I knew he got him back his camp, probably already torturing him.

"Anything?" He questions...

"Yes-"

His knife is thrown at me then, protruding from my chest, my body clasping into the wet soil, or was that from my blood?

Clutching the knife, I cry out, knowing this was all a trick... A nasty trick for Jared to kill me. Eliminate Leon's only chance of rescue-

Shooting awake in bed, forehead all sweaty, I notice it still late night.

Tossing the covers from me, I step from the bed, making my way to the door after slipping on some sneakers and a hoodie, as well as some leggings.

Jared littering my thoughts, I grasp my hands into fists.

There was only reason why I had that dream...
I was worried for Leon, worried for his safety and if he was okay right now.

I have to see him.
Right now.

Tiptoeing past Rangel's open door, I make it to the staircase and slide down the railing, landing on my feet quietly to avoid the loud creaks.

If Rangel found out about this, I'd hate to see what he'd end up doing to me...

Swinging the door open, I walk out into the night cold, closing it and swiftly running to Leon's cabin not too far from mine. His was closer to the woods, something that I wouldn't take for granted if I were him.

Swinging my arms before launching off the ground, I reach Leon's balcony flat footed, actually enjoying my vampire side for once.

Peeking in through the window of his door, I surprising see him awake. He was writing in a small leather journal, the light of his lamp illuminating his whole room, a crease in his brow as he slowly wrote out his words in deep thought.

Lightly tapping on the glass of his door, Leon jumps in surprise, dropping his journal to the floor, his pencil rolling under the bed.

His long legs carry him to the door, his hands cupping his head as he looked out at me in question before yanking the door open and pulling me inside.

"What are you doing here, if Rangel finds out-"

"Which he won't, don't worry about that," I reassure, lying. Rangel was a very light sleeper and woke up regularly every night.

Leon rakes his hair with his hand.
"You're just going to pretend nothing happened?" He asks me.

I knew exactly what he was referring to, my face falling slightly at the thought of that bleach blonde.

"Yes, exactly what I was going to do," I reply,"that hurt beyond belief, Leon."

"That's understandable, Es," he says,"but I never intended on ever hurting you, not after ..." his words trail off, referring to the Ceremony.

"You don't have to explain yourself," I tell him,"after all, you should be with who you please."

Leon's expression was unreadable as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Wish I'd like to be with her," he sighs, searching my face,"but, she's just not for me."

Nodding, I step closer to him, not sure if I should be happy or not about his words.

"Well, I'm still glad to see you holding up," I brightly say, looking up into his eyes, the lime green one gazing back.

Leon shrugs.
"I've been better."

Grabbing his hand suddenly, I hear his heart race.

"Please, never leave me," I say,"I'd be lost without you here."

Leon then brushes his fingers over my cheek, my skin jumping.
"What are you talking about? Of course I'd never leave."

My urge to just jump into his arms and hug him was so bad, that I had to bite my lip and cross my arms.

"I couldn't live with myself if you ever got taken away...." I trail off, Leon gently grasping my chin and lifting my face to meet his gaze.

"Why are you saying these things?" Leon questions.

"He's here to get you, Leon," I inform,"he's here to take you back, even if he has to get through me by killing or torturing me."

"Who do you speak of?"

"Jared."

Leon's eyes go wide, pulling me closer.

"You never stand in his way, understand?" Leon tells me,"never."

I just shake my head.
"I'll do whatever it takes," I say,"You're like the glue in my life that keeps me together. Without that, I'm nothingness."

Leon gives me a look, his eyes hooded.
"You shouldn't say those things about me. I'm the last person who should deserve those words."

"Of course I should give you credit for being so nice to me when no one else could," I say,"why shouldn't I?"

"I'm not like them," Leon explains, meaning the wolves in this committee,"I'm...."

"Different," I fill in for his loss of words, smiling up to him. "Different is good," I add.

"It's not good. I'm far from that," Leon lowly speaks,"I've done things... Not good things."

"That's in the past. All that matters now is that you're not one of those pigs," I tell him, referring to his pack of weird eyes.

He has so many secrets it's sickening almost...
And I thought Rangel was suspicious.

"Pigs don't even begin towards what they are. Just hear me out and never leave your cabin unguarded, okay?" Leon worriedly searches my eyes.

Those words can go rest in a grave...

"No promises, I've been going crazy being around Rangel all the time," I truthfully say.

Leon grabs my face in both of his hands then, lowering down to my level, his gaze stern.

"Don't be stubborn with me, they won't even hesitate snatching you from this camp and killing you since they know how much you matter to me, understand?" Leon speaks,"and to come to me in the middle of the night by yourself like this-"

I put a finger to his lips, shushing him.
"I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

Leon balls his hands, his eyes glowing brightly as he makes his way over to his door, locking it and closing the blinds.

"Stop saying bullshit that won't even console me," he says softly,"living knowing you're with them is impossible. You remember that man Bradley back in the woods?"

I gulp, disgusted by the thought... How Leon was so uptight when Sir Bradley called us down from the tree, Leon ordering us both to disguise ourselves..

"Yes, what about him?"

"Well, that's my official Alpha."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.1K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
61.3K 2.7K 40
Freya Highwater was rejected by her mate five years ago, a rejection she accepted and moved on from. Since then her life has blossomed as she focused...
471K 11.3K 31
Rogues. They are feared. They are hated. They are killed. But some don't have a choice wether they become a rogue or not. Alpha Jacob Sterling hates...
1.2M 33.4K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...