Summers End

By MissDicey

Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple... More

Chapter 1 - Summers End
Chapter 2 - Summers End
Chapter 3 - Summers End
Chapter 4 - Summers End
Chapter 5 - Summers End
Chapter 7 - Summers End
Chapter 8 - Summers End
Chapter 9 - Summers End
Chapter 10 - Summers End
Chapter 11 - Summers End
Chapter 12 - Summers End
Chapter 13 - Summers End
Chapter 14 - Summers End
Chapter 15 - Summers End
Chapter 16 - Summers End
Chapter 17 - Summers End
Chapter 18 - Summers End
Chapter 19 - Summers End
Chapter 20 - Summers End
Chapter 21 - Summers End
Chapter 22 - Summers End
Chapter 23 - Summers End
Chapter 24 - Summers End
Chapter 25 - Summers End
Chapter 26 - Summers End
Chapter 27 - Summers End
Chapter 28 - Summers End
Chapter 29 - Summers End
Chapter 30 - Summers End
Chapter 31 - Summers End
Chapter 32 - Summers End

Chapter 6 - Summers End

12.2K 151 4
By MissDicey

So here you go Chapter 6... i know it took forever but i could think of anything so hope you like it.

i really appreciate everyone reading and voting.

so please...

Vote

Comment

Fan

ENJOY!

Chapter 6

“Okay so what was so important Steph?” I asked.

We were on webcam, it had been about a month since we had seen each other, it had to be a new record for us.

“Okay so you know how James took me up to the mountains for the weekend,” she said with a cheeky smile on her face.

“Yes you told me like a thousand times. How was it? Did you guys have a good time?” I asked wanting to know every detail.

“We had an awesome time the whole thing was so romantic oh and guess what,” she said still with that smile on her face.

“What did you guys do?” I asked warily, “Hang on you didn’t… did you?” I questioned her.

“Mhm,” she replied nodding her head as a dreamy smile made its way onto her face.

“You did IT. You and James did the deed,” I exclaimed.

“Yes and it was all so romantic I mean he had candles and rose petals all over the bed… he made me feel so special,” she told me with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“What did it feel like?” I wondered aloud. “Hang on, don’t tell me, it’ll gross me out ill won’t be able to sleep for a week,” I said shivering at the thought of her describing it all to me.

“What about you and Matt have you guys, well you know,” she asked raising her right eyebrow.

“What! No Steph, we haven’t,” I told her shaking my head.

“Fine no need to get snappy,” she said holding her hands up like she was surrendering.

“What about second base?” she asked leaning forward really interested.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Come in,” I called from the chair not wanting to get up. Saved by the bell.

“Darling Matthew is here to see you,” mom said opening the door.

Matt walked in shutting the door behind him; he walked across the room placing a kiss on my cheek.

“And Steph no,” I told her before she repeated the question. “Matt this is my best friend Steph, Steph this is my boyfriend Matt,” I introduced them.

“Hey Matt so have you and Bel-,” she was cut off by me screaming,

“Steph, NO WE HAVEN’T!” I really didn’t want that to be the first question that she asks Matt or for that matter for her to ask him that at all.

“Haven’t what?” Matt wondered with a cute confused look on his face.

“Nothing,” I said glaring down at Steph pointedly.

“Matt as the best friend I must tell you something,” Steph said with her serious face.

“Okay go ahead,” Matt said lifting me up and pulling me down onto his lap wrapping his arm around my waist.

“If you hurt her I hurt you,” she threatened; eyeing him down.

“Promise I won’t hurt her… she’s too special,” he said staring down at me.

“Stephy, James and Tom are here to see you,” Lilly called out. Lilly is Steph’s mom.

“Okay mom, send them up,” she yelled back.

“So is it nice sunny and warm in California?” she asked.

“Yes its beautiful sunny everyday I’m so coming here again,” I announced looking up at Matt and smiling.

“You’re so lucky it hasn’t stopped raining here in like a week, and its super boring,” she said.

“Hey we’re not that boring are we?” Tom questioned walking into her room closely followed by James.

“No, just the rain,” she quickly told them.

They both stood next to Steph with a cheeky smile on Tom’s face… I knew that face he was going to do something to Steph.

Tom pulled something out of his pocket, I couldn’t see what it was.

“What’s with the awkward silence here guys,” she asked, we were all being silent Matt and I trying to figure out what they were going to do.

Tom was being quiet so they wouldn’t get caught.

“Hey Steph what’s that?” James asked pointing to the ceiling.

“What,” she wondered looking up. Gosh she is soo gullible

Tom quickly placed something on her keyboard.

“I can’t see anything,” she announced looking back down. Her eyes widened in shock falling off the chair hiding under the desk with the biggest scream I’ve ever heard her do.

We all just cracked up by her reaction. Her face was priceless, nothing could have been better than her reaction.

“Get it off! Get it off!” she yelled from under her desk.

“Get what off?” Tom asked holding back laughter.

“The SPIDER!” she screamed.

“What spider,” Tom continued.

“The spider on my keyboard,” she yelled at them.

“OH, that spider,” Tom said with fake realisation.

If you can’t tell already, Steph is deathly afraid of spiders.

Tom reached over the chair to retrieve the fake spider, his cheeky smile spread across his face… Uh Oh, what was he going to do know?

He bent down with the spider in hand.

“This spider?” he asked holding it in front of him making Steph scream in terror.

“YES now TAKE IT AWAY!” she screamed creeping further back into the desk and away from the spider.

“Okay, Okay. Keep your pants on,” Tom said standing back up putting the spider back in his pocket.

“Is it gone?” she asked poking her head out from under the desk.

“Yes babe, it’s gone,” James said holding his hand helping her get up from under the desk without hitting her head.

“That wasn’t very nice guys,” Steph said folding her arms over her chest.

“Sorry,” they both said in unison.

“Hey, Bell didn’t see you there,” James said looking over to the laptop.

“Hi James, Hi Tom How’s your summer been,” I asked.

“It’s been good. Who’s he?” Tom asked eyeing Matt.

Ever since my older brother, Lockie, went off to college Tom sort of took over the role, he is really protective.

“This is Matt, my boyfriend, And before you give him the speech which both my parents and Steph already have given him, calm down,” I told him hoping that he wouldn’t threaten Matt.

“She’s like my little sister so you if you do one thing to hurt her…”

“Tom please stop talking” I cut in, but he continued as if he didn’t hear me.

 “I will hunt you down and well you know the rest,” he said with a sly smile on his face.

“Okay mate, Don’t worry, I won’t hurt her,” he promised solemnly.

“Look I have to talk to you guys later Matt and I are going camping and don’t want to be late,” I told them. I couldn’t let Matt get threatened again.

“Okay see ya babe,” Steph said blowing me a kiss. I blow her one back it’s a thing we do don’t ask why we just do.

“Bye lil B,” Tom said. Lil B is my nickname Tom gave me in the 6th grade for being the shortest in our group of 4.

“Bye big T,” I waved goodbye. Big T is Tom’s nickname because he was the tallest in the group.

“See ya James,” I said.

“See ya Bell, talk to ya soon,” James said goodbye. I then terminated the call turning to Matt.

“So they were my closest friends,” I told him.

“They are so funny, I can’t believe they did that to Steph” he laughed back at the memory.

“Well it’s usually me; apparently I have the best reaction,” I told him.

“Have you gotten all of your clothes packed?” he asked.

“Sure do, let me just grab them then we can go,” I said hopping off the seat racing over to my bed, grabbing my bag.

I followed him out to the car which was packed full with all this camping stuff… I was super excited but was also a bit nervous.  

Yes, I, Isabell Andrews, will be going camping for the first time today.

I know that may be weird but where I live the best time to go camping is way too cold and when it is ok it rains… ALOT.

*

It took us an hour to get to Lake Opal; we kept up an idle chatter the whole way with the radio blasting through the speakers.

At 1pm we finally reached the camp ground.

I got out of the car, taking in the scenery.

WOW

The lake was crystal blue with the sand as white as snow.

The camp ground was literally right on the sand.

If I had just one word to describe this place it would be… magical.

We each grabbed a handful of stuff walking over to where we would be camping.

There were fold out chairs everywhere a table in the middle of all the seats. A big stereo and lucky for us we were right on the water like literally two steps out of your tents and you’re on the sand another 4 and you’re in the water.

We walked into our tent, which Mark had kindly already made for us, we carried in all of our stuff.

When we were finally done unpacking we headed down to the beach to look for everyone.

We found them just down the beach a bit; Kai, Charlotte and Jasper were on the boat tubing which looked like real good fun, you were on a donut shaped inflatable thing getting towed around behind the boat really fast while trying not to fall off.

Jack and Addison were taking on the beach skimming rock across the water.

But we couldn’t find where Nikki, Levi and Ava had got to.

We were walking over to Addy and Jack the sand going between our toes, the sun beating down on us, when we heard a familiar voice yell,

“Matt, guess what?” We turned around to see Nikki, Levi and Ava standing there, all three had their hands behind their backs.

I looked up to Matt who was eyeing them watchfully.

“What,” he replied carefully.

“You’re the last one here,” Levi continued.

“And your point is,” Matt questioned.

“Well as you know it is tradition to prank the last person to get the 4th of July camping trip,” Ava said.

“No, no, no, no,” Matt said all in a rush.

“Yes, yes, yes,” Nikki mimicked.

“Fire!” Ava Yelled.

Within seconds I was covered in water from head to toe. I couldn’t help but start cracking up; I mean who has ever heard of a 4th of the July prank before, I certainly haven’t.

Everyone soon joined in.

“What’s so funny?” Kai asked anchoring the boat.

“I’m wet,” I told him pulling off my now drenched shirt, in between laughs.

“Well I’m going out again if you want to get wet again,” Kai said nodding towards the boat.

“Sure I’d love to go out,” I said running into the water, jumping into the boat with Matt, Nikki and Kai right on my tail.

“Do you guys want to ski or tube,” Kai asked pulling the anchor back up.

“Ski,” both Nikki and Matt replied at the same time.

“Bell?” Kai asked putting the boat out to deeper water.

“I don’t mind,” I told them.

“Okay well Matt do you want to get the ski’s ready,” Kai asked and Matt did just that.

Matt stayed on for a couple of minutes; Nikki for about ten.

Then it was my turn…

I was in the cool water holding onto the handle for dear life, water spraying up in my face, I think I prefer real skiing.

Matt was right though, it was just like skiing but on water, with a few differences.

I fell off quite quickly but… I had fun.

The rest of the afternoon was spent dodging water bombs and water pistols, the random silly string attack, eating lots of nibbles and drinks and just hanging with everyone.

The day had stayed beautiful.

 Not a cloud in the sky.

*

It was 11pm and we were all gathered around a camp fire, the boys had constructed, singing along and dancing to some random and classic sing along songs.

Everyone was having a ball.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Matt whispered halfway through a song.

“Sure,” I replied standing up, brushing the sand off my bum, grabbing hold of his hand as we began walking along the beach.

We walked for about 30minutes and the music from our camp fire slowly subsided, when we finally sat down on the sand.

“I love how the moon shines on the water at night,” I told him totally captivated by the moon’s reflection shimmering across the ripples of the waves.

“Yeah it’s pretty cool,” he replied. I don’t think he understood me.

We sat there for about 10minutes in silence not the awkward kind just the silence that is comfortable; you know they’re there but it doesn’t feel awkward if you don’t talk to them.

He grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers in the sand as he leaned in for a kiss.

After our kiss I fell back into the sand looking up at the stars as I thought to myself ‘it doesn’t get much better than this. ‘

Someone up there wanted this summer to be the best summer of my life and whoever that was as well as whoever brought Matt into my life, I will be eternally grateful.

As I watched the stairs flashes of colour exploded in the sky.

The 4th of July fireworks; it was beautiful.

I love fireworks, all the colours in the sky, all the different effects.

They just always seem to amaze me, even if I had seen them so many times before in my life.

This day, as was all the others I spent with Matt, was the perfect day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
67.3K 1K 17
Sam & Piper have been best friends since birth. They've been each other's first kiss, first crush, and first date to a dance. But now, their in high...
1.2K 298 22
Elowyn "Winnie" Smith met Ben when she was 4 years old. They've been best friends since they were 6. After her dad died when she was 13, he was the o...
379K 3K 22
Can i Have This Dance? Nicki Alab, whom lives with her step dad, step-sister and brother plus her mum in Arizona is 18 years old. She's not the prett...