Rival

By bakane

Hyori is a social outcast in school due to her arrogant and proud personality. Hyori had already adapted to h... More

I'm such a social outcast
My confession about my selfish needs
Charlie Brown and I aren't so different in the Christmas season
This is why I hate biology
trying to find a way out
Bom's past and a drunk head father
Does friendship mean nothing to you?
you're ditching class?
wishing everything was like it used to be
exploratories?
the fresh new beginning
First practice; nor bad or good
feelings of love and a sudden, interesting wedding
his little secret
a really bad misunderstanding
to the beach
ever felt life threatened?
of all the luck, why me?
I'm going to make you mine
Love vs Friendship? which should I keep?
it can't be helped.
i kissed her...
Burger king is romantic -Gin
death and death... If I survive...sure! -Bom
Freaking out much??
"You know what suits you the best? duct tape." -Jung-woo
Depart
This is not my best morning -Bom
"It's our graduating year! It'll all be fun and parties that's what." -Gin
G is better than J -Gin
"What makes you think all population of girls are like Hanna?" -Hyori
Day two
Gin: A genius from birth
The best French class in the history
Hanna's Warning
"People like that don't change"
I honestly do not want to have this conversation with you mother.

Chilling at Burger king...?

297 7 2
By bakane

Hyori’s POV

                “What the hell are you doing?” I demanded as he continued to drag me away.

                “I’m trying to be helpful,” he grinned slyly as he pointed to Bom and Jung-woo, who was walking away slowly.

                “Oh,” I grinned.

                “Okay,” he stopped as he finally let go of me, “what do you want to do now?”

                “I’m not sure,” I shrugged, “they are going to take their time though…”

                “Want to go eat something?” his stomach growled, “I’m starving. Let’s go back to Burger King.”

                “Sure,” I nodded. We arrived there as quickly as how we left.

                To Gin’s immense relief the line up wasn’t long at all.

                “What do you want to get?” Gin asked, “I’m getting a Whopper Combo.” He took out his wallet and pulled out a twenty dollar bill.

                “I’ll get just a whopper burger,” I answered.

                “You sure that’s all?” he asked.

                “I’m really not that hungry,” I replied as I reached into my own bag to take out my wallet.

                “Hey no problem, I’m paying!” Gin stopped me and headed to the counter.

                “You don’t have to-

                “Hello sir! I’ll get a Whopper Combo, no onions, with two Cokes, and a whopper, just sandwich please,” Gin cut me off. After paying and taking the food he took me to the near by table.

                “I’ll pay you back,” I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my wallet, “I don’t like being in debt.”

                “You don’t need to think of it like that,” he looked surprised, “it was a gift. When a guy and a girl eats somewhere it’s normal for the guy to pay, don’t you think?”

                I blushed at his blunt comment.

                ‘Yes, that’s normal if the two people are dating, stupid,’ I thought in my head.

                “Well, that’s what I think,” Gin concluded as though that solved everything. He put a straw through the coke and started to drink it quickly.

                “You were thirsty too?” I questioned and he nodded as he finished his long gulp. Then he quickly proceeded to his hamburger.

                “Do you hate onions?” I wondered.

                “I hate them,” Gin grunted as he took a huge bite. He chewed and swallowed before saying, “It just ruins the taste of the hamburger.”

                “I don’t mind them that much…” I muttered.

                “Aren’t you going to eat?” Gin pointed out before taking another huge bite on his burger.

                “Yeah,” I nodded and began taking the wrapper off my burger. I took a small bite and took my time chewing it down and savoring the flavor.

                “You eat really slowly,” Gin commented. He was almost finished his burger.

                “No,” I coughed, “you’re just extremely fast.”

                “My mom always says that…” Gin sighed, “she always used to tell me that if I eat too fast, I’m going to be overweight. Of course I didn’t believe her. It doesn’t matter, it never happened anyway.”

                “It’s true though,” I smiled after taking a small bite, “if you eat fast you never feel full so you keep eating and eating.”

                “I always eat more than I should…even if I eat slowly,” he grinned as he finished his burger and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

                “That was quick,” I said softly as Gin started to eat his fries.

                “So…Hyori,” Gin whined, “I’m bored. Do something.”

                “Like what?” I pondered.

                “Let’s play a game!” he announced, “here are the rules.”

                “You love games don’t you?” I sighed, “Fine, okay, I’ll play.”

                “This is one of my favorite games-

                “What isn’t?” I grumbled.

                “It’s called, name the song!” Gin shouted and paused for dramatic effect.

                “Hah?” I raised my eyebrows.

                “One person sings a lyric of a song and the other person guessing, which song the other one is singing. Whoever guesses right more can get one wish from the other person,” Gin explained, “fair?”

                I thought about it for a moment. I was not that familiar to songs, but Bom was into music so she was always singing random lyrics to me. Besides, the idea of making Gin do whatever I want him to do sounds hilarious.

                “Fair,” I grinned.

                “Great,” he dropped his fry back onto the tray, “I’ll go first.” He paused and thought for a moment before saying something like.

                “Doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M. Just put your paws up, cause you were born this way, baby.” He recited, “that’s an easy one, come on.”

                “…I don’t,” he gestured me to go on, “um…”

                “Only one chance,” he told me.

                “What?” I groaned, “okay…give me a hint will you?”

                “Come on, Hyori,” he snorted, “the answers in the lyrics.”

                That gave me an idea, “born this way?”

                “Yes,” he seemed exasperated and told me to go on.”

                “Um…hey, hey, you, you, I don’t like your girlfriend?” I muttered.

                “Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne!” he shouted, “next time do something les obvious.”

                “Okay…” he said, “when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while.”

                I willed myself from saying, ‘aww,’ and thought about it for a moment and said, “just the way you are.”

                He smiled.

                “Let’s see… you make me feel like I’m living a-

                “Teenage dream,” Gin ended me off, “you have to try harder then that to beat me. I’m a master at this game.

                “Because…you made it up?” I pointed out.

                He ignored me and said, “you know you love me. I know you care. So shout whenever, and-

                “I’ll be there,” I snorted, “Baby by Justin bieber, obviously.”

                “Ironic you know that one,” Gin teased me.

                “My turn,” I growled. I searched in my head for some random music line. The song that Bom recently introduced to me popped in my head. I smiled darkly. This one was going to be hard. Bom had a knack of finding the weirdest and oldest music no one ever listens to.

                “Still I remember you, waving your hands till the end. And hear your last words that the moments we shared would never fade away,” I recited from my memory and smiled a victorious smile.

                Gin looked stumped.

                “You sure you didn’t make that up?” Gin grunted after a long moment.

                “Do you think I can make that up in a second?” I grinned.

                “Uh…Never fade away?” he guessed.

                “Nope.”

                “Till the end?”

                “Uh- no.”

                “How about…Your last words?”

                I shook my head and smiled even wider, “guess I win.”

                “Darn it,” he sighed, “what was the answer?”

                “Never ending story,” I laughed, “and I have Bom to thank for telling me this song.”

                “Bom told you?” Gin sounded exasperated, “obviously I didn’t know. She listens to the weirdest songs.”

                “I like them though,” I defended, “better than your choice of songs. Justin Bieber…really?”

                “Hey, I was…” he dropped his head, “I have no excuse.”

                “So…with my wish,” I sounded excited and Gin horrified.

                “Don’t make me do anything stupid,” he begged me, “you know the last time I had to ask that women out? God, that was embarrassing.”

                “I have a better idea,” I smiled evilly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 99 16
"We are born to be alone, but we're still looking for love" - Lovesick Girls, BLACKPINK A life is full of rocks, sometimes different from others and...
12.9K 968 29
Siyeon is one of the popular girls at school, although she doesn't feel like it. Bora is just another student, she wants nothing more than to just gr...
1.2K 68 34
It about how Jo had a best friend name jimin she had a crush on but she was not sure to tell him how she feels about so she decided to wait but her o...
37 2 8
~The story begins with two best friends. One that's a nerd, the other is the popular high school girly. ~ You may think that the devil and scary stor...