Imperfect Mate

Від NightWolf718

Attending CottonWood High, also known as CottonWood Living Quarters For Rouges, life is difficult for Estelle... Більше

Prologue- Before CottonWood
Chapter 1- The Hunt
Chapter 2- The Cabin
Chapter 3- Awakening
Chapter 4- The TakeDown
Chapter 5- Hidden Within
Chapter 6- Just Another Ceremony
Chapter 8- Tongue Tied
Chapter 9- The Party
Chapter 10- Secrets Revealed
Chapter 11- Feelings Revealed
Chapter 12- The Monster Inside
Chapter 13- Missing You
Chapter 14- His Hidden Thoughts
Chapter 15- His Hidden Soft Spot
Chapter 16- The Camp
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part One
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part Two
Chapter 18- Confessions
Chapter 19- BreakUps
Chaper 20- Is this even Love?
Chapter 21- Mistakes Uncovered
Chapter 22- The Unexpected
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part One
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part Two
Chapter 24- The Truth
Chapter 25- You're Mine
Chapter 26- Getaway
Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls
Chapter 28- Freedom
Chapter 29- A New Life (Ending)
<>Epilogue<>

Chapter 7- The Night

2.9K 132 30
Від NightWolf718

Chapter 7- The Night
---------------------------

"Cheers!" Alpha hollers, lifting his glass of booze. The others follow suit by gently sloshing their glasses together.

My glass of liquor stays sitting on the table cloth, my eyes gazing to my plate full of roasted ham and side serves of mashed potatoes and corn.

My stomach was too twisted to eat anything.

Rangel on the other hand, dug in and stuffed in the mashed potatoes and the corned beef.

When he catches me looking at him, he swallows and clears his throat, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"You should eat something," he tells me, gesturing to my plate.

As if you care... I roll my eyes.

My words tangled in my throat for the greater good, my eyes moving from his, grasping a fork so tightly my knuckles went white.

Taking a bite of the food, my stomach turns and my whole head feels dizzy.

Spinning and spinning... I look at my full glass of booze, knowing it wasn't the cause.

"You okay?" I hear Stacey ask me from the other side of the table, her expression sympathetic.

Thea and Ozzy were on the other side of her, sitting closely together mumbling and hiding giggles from something that one of them had said.

I gaze at her, returning a pained grin.

"Yeah I'm just tired," I lie, hoping the false words that came from my mouth were really the cause.

Stacey nods in response, continuing to eat slowly as she harshly picked around at her seasoned and sauced rotini noodles with her fork.

It was something she does when she's upset.

Right now, she was upset for me... that makes the two of us.

Rubbing my hands over my temples, I feel the dizziness pass. I continue to eat knowing it was just my stress and depression making me feel horrid.

"Blessings to all who came as you all shall attend the afterparty tomorrow night as well," the Alpha says over all the quiet chatter, everyone silencing down fast,"Estelle and Rangel now may share a very lovely night together."

A very lovely night I shall have...

Majority of the people get up from their seats, pushing in their chairs, eyeing Rangel and I the whole way out as others lingered around with too much booze in their systems.

"Don't have a too lovely night if you know what I mean," a guy Rangel's age spoke to us, his voice raspy as he chuckled, stubbily hair visible under his chin,"Rangel can be abusive and rowdy when he wants to, small girl."

Rangel's brow pinches together in confusion.

"I'd never do that to such a ravishingly young girl," he corrects the guy of his speech.

The scar on my wrist starts to burn as I hear him tell his lie.

"Prepare to get destroyed," the guy adds, laughing his ass off as well as ignoring Rangel's words.

Completely annoyed and disgusted, I stand up and run from the room.

Was that what Alpha wanted, for Rangel to claim me as his tonight?

Dashing for the restroom, I quickly lock the door and slouch to the floor with my head falling into my hands.

Sobs were ratcheting around the tile bathroom while tears poured down my cheeks that made my makeup also run.

"Hold yourself together, Estelle," I silently cry to myself, rocking back and forth to calm down.

Taking deep breaths, a knock was all a sudden pounding against the door.

"Estelle, let me in," they said.

Realizing the voice as Leon's, I stagger to my feet and swing the door open quickly.

Right away he swiftly steps in, closing and locking the door after him to not be seen.

Pulling me into a tight hug, he lifts me off the ground, my face burying into his neck.

"Leon..." I drag on his name, pinching him tightly in my arms.

"Es, be strong for me," he tells me softy, pulling back to see my teary eyes,"don't do anything you don't want to do."

He rubs my wet tears away with his thumb, his gaze turning gentle as well as his arms around me.

My sobs unleashed from my throat then, Leon lowering to the floor to hold me against him as I turned in his arms to face his chest.

"Estelle!" I hear Rangel shout outside the door in the long hallway, calling for me,"get the hell back here!"

Leon presses his hand against my mouth, noticing the worsening change in my crying.

"I can't hide in a bathroom forever," I croak after I take his hand off my mouth, holding it.

"Sure you can," he softly speaks,"I have all the time in the world to hold you here with me."

I don't reply, falling back against his hard chest noticing I could stay there all night long listening to his heartbeat as he told me.

Leon cups my face, gently moving me back so he could look me in the eyes.

"My Estelle, you are bigger and stronger than you appear and he doesn't know that," he tells me, taking my scarred wrist then,"worst comes to worst, I'll always heal you."

"Not mentally," I complain, a bang of a fist on the door just then.

"Estelle, open this God damn door, or I swear I'll skewer you myself!" Rangel bellows, rattling the doorknob violently,"I know you're the one in here!"

Tears streamed down my cheeks once more, Leon patting his tie to my eyes before sitting me off his lap.

"Estelle isn't in here, asshat," Leon says lowly, outstretching a hand to me in which I take to heft me up to my feet.

Rangel remarks,"Of course you'd be with her, consoling her.

Leon growls,"Who says she is with me?"

Rangel cackles,"You mean why wouldn't she be with you? She knows you are a huge teddy bear.... a softy for crying babies like you are for my little girl."

Leon opens the door suddenly, Rangel standing there as Leon had his hands balled into fists holding in his temper.

"We can do this the hard way, or the easy way, Leon," Rangel says, looking at Leon's fists.

"Either you can hand over Estelle without a fight, or you can stubbornly try to fight me to 'save' her," he adds, rolling his eyes.

Not giving him a choice, I step forward, walking up to Rangel already knowing that Leon would sure in hell fight him.

"There won't be any bloodshed tonight," I tell them both, cringing as I imagine Leon all battered and bloody.

Leon worriedly looks at me, but I smile slightly before jumping up to give him another tight hug. His arms caught me and pressed me hardly against him.

"Please, just listen to him for your own sake," Leon silently whispers into my ear, his lips grazing my skin.

With that, he set me on my feet, Rangel snatching my arm and reeling me close.

"Just to inform you, Estelle isn't and never can be your beloved soulmate, so don't even think about getting near her again or anytime soon," Rangel threats, my heart basically shattering as his sentence reminded me of my disgusting future.

"She'll never like you if you isolate her away from all the people she cares for," Leon remarks, eyeing Rangel intently.

"Well, a man has to do what a man has to do," Rangel replies, dragging me off.

My eyes meet Leon's one last time, our gaze's both worried and sorrowful.

-

Opening the dark oak bedroom door that Rangel and I'd be staying in this night, I shutter and shiver.

Candlelight and flowers made the decor, a crackling fireplace alight.

Rangel's arm snakes around my waist after he shuts the door, twisting the lock with a key.

"Your idea of this night probably isn't what my idea is," I break the silence, turning my head to look up at him.

"Doesn't matter," Rangel replies,"my idea is probably what Alpha is looking for anyways."

I sigh heavily.

"Alpha shouldn't sway what we do," I attempt to convince him.

Rangel releases me just to pick me up which causes me to gasp in surprise.

"Yeah, well my idea will be way more entertaining," he says, throwing me on the fluffy bedspread, a mischievous expression on his face.  

"Rangel, don't even think about it," I breath just as he crawls on top of me, leaning down to take my lips.

Leon's words from the bathroom tumble into my mind all a sudden... telling me to be strong for him.

"Estelle, don't make this difficult," Rangel growls as I stay unmoving as a statue.

I hoped it was like kissing a lifeless body.

When I didn't reply, Rangel rides his hands up my legs, pulling my dress up in the process as he continues to kiss me.

"Rangel!" I loudly speak.

He nips at my lip then, my blood coating my lips as it was trickling down my chin since he bit hardly.

The taste made my whole mouth water and crave for more which lead me to pushing Rangel off me with a grunt.

Quickly, I jumped off the bed, sprinting to the door, my temples sweating and pounding.

When the door wouldn't budge, I punch the wood, pain swelling in my knuckles.

Spinning around, Rangel was right in front of me, looking down at me as he makes me feel little as he always managed to do.

"Give me the key, Rangel," I demand, canines slowly growing as my fury was.

"Or what?" He chuckles in question,"you're going to bite me?"

Growling, I punch his chest, my hand aching even more.

"I said give me the key!" I order, eyes glowing blood red as I ignore my swelling pain.

"You're going to make this get ugly real quick, Estelle," Rangel warns me, crossing his arms over his steel chest.

"Stop acting like you want me when honestly, you just view me as another one of your sluts on campus," I quiver, eyes stinging.

My canines retract, eyes dimming as I look at the floor.

What is happening?
Don't show him your weakness!

Sobs threatened to escape my throat as I pulled the hem of my dress farther down my thighs, feeling uncomfortable.

Rangel grabs my chin then, forcing my eyes to look up at him.

"Glad you have a mind that actually works once in awhile," he tells me,"just to say, I'd pick them over you any day. But, since you're here, why the hell not give you a try?"

I rip my head from his grip, eyes streaming with tears as I knew his words were true...
Nobody could ever like me enough to actually want me.

"Not to mention, you have completely ruined my future," Rangel continues,"forced to be engaged to a freakish hybrid who will make my kids freaks as well, the infestation forever going to be contaminating my family."

Sinking to the floor with my head in hands, that's when my tears flow harder.

As if I wanted to be who I was...
Maybe Leon sees me that way too, but he's just nice to me because he has pity for me.

"Those other girls could give me a real pack and family with fully bred wolves coming together."

"Does it look like I enjoy being this?" I ask him, standing tall, eyes puffy and bloodshot.

The voice I spoke with came out as a congested mess.

Rangel looks at me, his head cocked.

"My parents kept me away from the world, salvaging my siblings away from me by locking me in a closet for years," I cry, chest heaving,"I starved and was basically tormented from day one of my life."

I grasp onto Lily's necklace, tears hitting the metal. My eyes look at Rangel to see him intently staring at me.

"And how is that supposed to affect my thoughts over you?" Rangel questions, raking a hand through his longish blonde hair.

"It's not supposed to change anything," I whimper,"you'd never treat me normally anyways."

"If you'd let me try, then we could work at it," he says, his words totally surprising me,"I mean, we are supposed to be content with each other now."

Noticing he does care about our future at least, my body relaxes which I was glad for.

I longed to be loved, to be cherished and just feel high on life by drugged happiness to relieve my stress and depression. At this moment, I didn't give a damn who it was and who'd give it to me...

Grabbing Rangel's shirt, my hand shakes before my other one latches on beside it.

Taking a deep breath, I move my fingers to the hem.

When Rangel realizes what I'm doing, he takes my hands in his rough ones, searching my eyes before dropping my hands to pull his shirt over his head.

Shuddering, I close my eyes before opening them, Rangel's tan abs visible.

Wanting to look away, my eyes stay glued to them rising and falling as he breathed quickly.

My mind was screaming as I stepped even closer, running my hand over Rangel's muscled stomach, feeling the muscles ripple under my touch.

Thoughts dizzy, my eyes flutter before I stand on his feet as I went on my tippy-toes to take his lips once more, my mind gave up on trying to stop me.

I was over with now, Rangel scooping me off my feet and wrapping my legs around his hips as he carried me back over to the bed, my mind hazy as he still kissed my body that left goose bumps over my thighs.

"That's my little girl," he whispers into my ear, giving me shivers of pleasure.

Gasping for breath as I crashed against blankets and the hard mattress, my eyes gaze at Rangel to see him climbing back over me for the second time, sliding a sleeve of my dress off my shoulder with his huge hand.

"Rangel-" I start.

"Shh," he softy says to me, continuing to deepen our kisses as our heated motives became wilder and wilder with our clothes coming off.

His hardness was enough to make me scream and bite his bottom as he rammed it upon me...

-

Waking, I slowly open my eyes, my body sore...

Finding myself undressed still in bed with Rangel, I cringe remembering last night.

Glancing at Rangel to see him still asleep, I swing my legs over the bed, my neck having sharp pain.

Touching my fingers to the bite wound, my breaths hitch.

He has to mark me again?

I stride over to my dress to slip it back on,
threading my fingers through my ratty hair, finding a pack of pills on the nightstand near Rangel's face.

Quietly, I grab the aluminum tray and pop a pill into my mouth, swallowing it quickly dry.

Cause for who knows, I'll be a teen mother with Rangel's disgusting son and I don't need that right now.

Eh, I already have to deal with one Rangel and that's plenty.

Looking at him again, his face peaceful and restful made him look cutely calm.

His blonde hair was tousled and not neatly combed anymore from him sleeping.

My mind noticing how gorgeous he actually was made my face twist up and grab his black kakis near the bed, searching for the room key.

When it wasn't there, I opened the nightstand drawer then his dress shirt after that which did have the key in the breast pocket.

Thank the lords..

Sliding my flats on my feet, I walk to the door, playing with the key until it unlocked the door.

"Leaving so soon, princess?" he asks me, sitting up in the bed, the sheets sliding off his chest...

His voice causing my body to go stiff, I take in a deep breath then exhale it quickly.

"Yes, and if you speak of this to anyone, I'll suck the blood straight from your heart, killing you," I remark, leaving without another word.

Pain still erupting through my lower half of my body made me grunt and show the pills in my dress. I sprint out the Alpha's quarters, never stopping until I made it up to my cabin and swinging the front door open.

Standing in the kitchen was Jackle, his sweaty gym clothes on his body as he slammed the fridge shut with a water in his hand.

Must of went on a morning run.

When he saw me, he raised his eyebrows.

"Whoa, you look beautiful this morning," he says sarcastically, cracking his water bottle open and chugging it halfway.

Ignoring him, I stride towards the hall-

Jackle grasps my upper arm, abruptly stopping me.

"Think you can get away that easily?" He sneers.

I glower at him, snatching my arm from his death grip.

"Leave me alone," I demand, looking up into his eyes,"I've had enough for awhile."

"You can talk to me, Estelle," Jackel tells me, searching my tired eyes.

"Like I'd ever do such a thing," I slightly laugh.

"Then I don't suggest you talk to me why you're bleeding on the wood?" he raises an eyebrow.

I gasp and look underneath me to see little droplets on the floor from me losing my virginity.

What a dick...

"No, I don't," I tell him sternly.

Jackle walks away to the kitchen.

"Might wanna clean that up," was all he said on his way.

I sigh and bend down to soak the droplets into the fabric of my dress. I don't want to keep this dress anyways for the fact it'll remind me of my awful decision-

The front door opens and slams, braking off my thoughts.

"Jackle, seen Estelle anywhere?"the voice was deep and low, demanding.

Ozzy?

"Stay in your league, Oswald," Jackle insults,"and leave my cabin. You're a disgrace for wanting to see a monster."

"Move it, asshole," Ozzy orders sternly,"that's Oliver to you."

"No need to move," Jackle informs,"she's not here, you lunatic."

"Yeah, then you wouldn't mind me looking for myself?" Ozzy questions.

"I said leave-" Jackle starts.

"I'm over here, Ozzy," I somehow get out, staggering to my feet and walking over to them.

Ozzy squints at Jackle oddly before grasping my wrist and leading me out the door quickly, throwing a supportive arm around me.

"What's your deal?" I grumble, curious why Ozzy would ever act panicked around me alone.

He was never the one to come to me unless Thea was in tow.

"Have you seen Thea?" he asks me, letting my wrist go from his hold.

Of course it was about Thea and not about anything else...

Bemused, I shrug.

"Probably out running," I suggest, hoping my words were true.

She usually ran at dusk though, which got me questioning.

"Already checked," he replies quickly.

I smile, realizing his clingy attitude when it came to her. Often, I thought it was cute, but now it was just plain out annoying

"Did you check her cabin?" I question.

"Duh," he says to me.

"Class?" I suggest another.

"I know her whole schedule," he tells me.

"Not surprised there," I say plainly.

Ozzy gives me a look, walking off the porch.

Following, I see Leon not far away under a shady Oak tree...

Falling to my knees, I cry out in complete utter sadness, Ozzy failing to catch me in time.

"What is it, Estelle?" he questions,"what's wrong?"

Several yards away, Leon was holding a blonde in his arms, cupping her face as he kissed her hardly, the girl sitting on his waist pressed against a tree.

She was so beautiful, like a dream come true for Leon I bet.

Long hair, long legs...

Ozzy tries to help me up but, I shrug him off, head in my hands as I buried my head in the mud in front of my cabin.

Why does everything I love disappear from me: My sister, my brother, my future, and now Leon?

Crying so hard, my chest my heaving as I  struggled to get a hold of my breath I only start coughing as I continued to sob, gripping onto the grass strands in the loose soil.

Wanting to go up to the chick and rip her head off and use her spluttering jugulars as a blood drinking fountain, I hold myself back instead.

Ozzy awkwardly squats down and rubs my back in smooth circles.

The worse part was, he had no idea what I was sobbing over and probably thought I was a complete lunatic and leaving me would be both regretful and rude on his part.

But right then, all I could do was be grateful for him that I wasn't alone burying myself in a hole of mud in despair...

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

You're My Rogue Від Em4cyc

Перевертні

471K 11.3K 31
Rogues. They are feared. They are hated. They are killed. But some don't have a choice wether they become a rogue or not. Alpha Jacob Sterling hates...
Rogue ✔️ Від Satan

Романтика

230K 5.8K 59
Their's all sorts of names for them; deserters, runaways, mutts...but in this world we call them Rogues. Celia ran away from her problems a long ti...
63.8K 2.8K 44
Rejected by her mate five years ago, Eva Highwater has been tormented by the mate bond with her mate Alpha Dante Black - all because her wolf will no...
Rogue Alpha Від Lunabug261

Перевертні

25.6K 705 42
Ember Raven escapes her captors after six years of living in a cell. She grew up thinking that she's a natural rogue, not kicked out of a pack, just...