Is It Okay To Dream? -Sequel

By In_These_Chains

Rydley Johnson is back with a new feel on things or a lack of some. She meets the new hot-shot in town and go... More

It was a Sunday morning
How many girls do you see a night
You make the nightmares go away
Thanks for leaving me.
Because it is one
Give me strength
California dude
It's gone
Score one for Rydley
Brings back memories
Trouble
Because, I don't care
It's okay to dream
Do I look like my mom?
Anything can happen behind closed doors
Mother like daughter
Cocaine under my bed
You don't need drugs to fit in
She's not the only one who looks nice
Cocaine eyes
She's only fourteen
Don't leave me
They obviously haven't found you, yet
She always smiled whenever she got a stuffed animal
I would've thought heroin
All because of drugs
Tough life, man
Run away from all my problems
I feel like I've lied
Everyone loves a good story
It is going to be all over the News, after all
Epilogue - Many years
Authors note

No one deserves to experience a death

61 8 7
By In_These_Chains

Colton rubs my back and looks at Liberty with me, "she's in a better place now."

I give a stiff nod, "anywhere is better than here."

Colton keeps rubbing my back and looks at me, "do you wanna stay a little longer?"

I let out a breath and sniffle, "I want to, but I don't. I want to stay with her because this is the last time I'll see her for a long time, but I don't wanna see her like this."

"It's up to you. I'll stay here as long as you want to," he kisses my cheek and walks out to sit outside.

I close the door a little and walk back over to Liberty, "hey, potato head," my voice breaks knowing it's the last time I'll say that. I frown and take a deep breath, "you were a great little sister and I hope you know that I would've gone to the end of the universe to keep you happy. You're the reason why I'm still here, honestly. You were so beautiful, amazing, inspirational, creative and my best friend," I wipe my tears away and kiss her forehead, "I'll see you soon. I love you."

~

I open her door and slowly walk in and look around. It smells like perfume and stuffed animals cover the floor along with clothes. I pick up her stuffed animals and put them in a corner, then gather up the clothes to put them in a basket.

I make her bed and put all the stuffed animals on it in a small circle like she used to do. "They like to cuddle," I speak her words while putting the last one in the middle. Her teddy bear. "He's broken, so he needs to go in the middle. He needs the most love," I frown and walk out of the room with the clothes basket.

I set it next to the washing machine and walk into my room while stripping out of my clothes. I change into pajamas and slowly crawl into bed with Colton, "I'm sorry."

I wipe my tears and shake my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

He nods, "I'm here for you."

I frown, "you'll be gone soon, too," I turn over and ball myself up.

~

I turn my head and look through the windshield while biting my nails. I look at the sky and how gray it is; the clouds are sad and ready to cry. I shift my eyes on the road, "look out!" I scream.

He slams on the breaks, but it's too late. I get out of the car and run to the victim; her blonde hair is wrapped around her neck like a noose while her blue eyes lose their color and roll back.

I look at the clouds and they let their emotions go with the wind along with her spirit.

I turn over and look out the window with tears rolling down my cheeks. I let out a depressed breath and scoot closer to Colton, "I miss her already."

Colton turns over and I frown. I nudge his back and he wakes up a little, "what's wrong?"

"I miss Liberty," I cry out.

He turns over again and faces me, "I know, but she's in a better place."

I wipe my tears, "stop saying that! I don't want her anywhere else; I want her here!"

Colton frowns, "I'm sorry."

I look down at the bed and frown, "I just want my little sister back."

~

"I'm so sorry about what happened last night, honey. If I would've heard about what happened, I would've been at the hospital with you."

I shrug and stare at my water glass, "I don't want to talk about it." My shoulders drop and I sink lower in the bar stool.

Mona gives me a small nod and walks away to talk to someone at the tables. I lay my head down in my arms and try not to cry. The darkness consumes me and I silently cry in my arms as the last vivid image of her replays in my mind.

"You okay?" Alec sits next to me and rubs my back. I shrug him off and he pulls his hand back, "I heard what happened."

I take a deep breath and collect myself, "and you feel sorry for me. Yeah, yeah, news travels fast and everyone is concerned about me, but listen here: you didn't know her, you didn't save her and your apologies mean nothing to me. I don't give a damn how sorry you feel or how sorry anyone feels, you can't bring her back." I grab my jacket and storm out of the bar.

The humidity hits me hard, but I keep my head down and ignore everything except my thoughts. Why? She was so young, "no one deserves to experience a death," I mumble under my breath.

I make a right turn at the intersection and slowly walk down the sidewalk. I keep my head down, but I lift my eyes to focus on where I'm going. I roll my shoulders back and straighten my body, then I knock on the door and wait.

The sleazy guy from last time unlocks and opens the door with a nod, "what's good, baby?"

I shake my head and push passed him, then look around. I wait till he closes the door and I light a cigarette. He leans against the torn couch and raises his eyebrows. I blow out the smoke, "what's better than cocaine?"

That last chapter made me cry :( I feel like so many people are mad at me, so I'm sorry if I upset you. I made myself upset. Anyways, question time!

Question 1: Do you see Rydley turning into her mom?

Question 2: Any thoughts on her dad/Matthew?

Question 3: I'm thinking about writing a THIRD story and I would love to know your thoughts/opinions on it! Should I or should I stop after this one? 

Those are all my questions! I hope everyone has a good week(: <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 258 14
**Very old story that I decided to put on here. Writing is from when I was much younger** This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Lee. After...
Ignite By Skylar Black

Mystery / Thriller

49.4K 5.4K 68
WATTPAD FEATURED NOV 2020 AND OCT 2021 - FROM OUR STARS LIST WATTPAD MULTICULTURAL FEATURED SEP 2022 - AUSTRALIAN WHISPERERS READING LIST It's diffic...
5.9K 140 31
Liza Micheal's has a stutter, an eating disorder and self harms. Liza is a fourteen year old gay kid and no one really cares about her anymore, then...
3.6K 83 21
This story is about 16 year old Faythe Jones. She's kinda like your normal teenager she enjoy's drinking and drugs. She's not a girly girl nor a punk...