Rival

By bakane

Hyori is a social outcast in school due to her arrogant and proud personality. Hyori had already adapted to h... More

I'm such a social outcast
My confession about my selfish needs
Charlie Brown and I aren't so different in the Christmas season
This is why I hate biology
trying to find a way out
Bom's past and a drunk head father
Does friendship mean nothing to you?
you're ditching class?
wishing everything was like it used to be
exploratories?
the fresh new beginning
First practice; nor bad or good
feelings of love and a sudden, interesting wedding
his little secret
a really bad misunderstanding
to the beach
ever felt life threatened?
of all the luck, why me?
I'm going to make you mine
Love vs Friendship? which should I keep?
it can't be helped.
Burger king is romantic -Gin
death and death... If I survive...sure! -Bom
Chilling at Burger king...?
Freaking out much??
"You know what suits you the best? duct tape." -Jung-woo
Depart
This is not my best morning -Bom
"It's our graduating year! It'll all be fun and parties that's what." -Gin
G is better than J -Gin
"What makes you think all population of girls are like Hanna?" -Hyori
Day two
Gin: A genius from birth
The best French class in the history
Hanna's Warning
"People like that don't change"
I honestly do not want to have this conversation with you mother.

i kissed her...

356 8 1
By bakane

Hyori’s POV

                Every single part of Bom was signaling off that something was wrong. She was an extremely easy book to read.

                “What happened?” I questioned, sitting down on her bed.

                She seemed to hesitate for a minute then sighed.

                She turned her head slightly towards me, her hair covering her side.

                “I have something I need to tell you,” she said quietly.

                I leaned closer and listened more carefully.

                “I’m sorry,” she announced and fell silent, not explaining indeed why she was sorry.

                “Sorry…?” I questioned her further, “what do you mean?”

                “I, I kissed him.”

                “…what?”

                “Even though I knew you liked him, I kissed him. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it,” her head bent lower; “I’m a horrible person aren’t I?”

                There was an awkward silence between us as I let the words sink in.

                She kissed him? What was she talking about?

                Then it hit me. Could she have? She couldn’t have…right?

                “Okay,” I murmured, “I’m tired. Let’s talking about this later, okay?” Without hearing an answer I stood up from the bed. Making sure my side bangs were covering my eyes that refused to hide my true emotions, I took a couple of steps towards the door.

                “Wait, Hyori!” Bom stopped me, but I didn’t look back. I didn’t know which was worse. That Gin loved someone else or that Bom liked him back.

                Not knowing what to say, I remained quiet. My hands were reaching on top of the door knob when Bom’s voice sounded more urgent this time.

                “He was there…just lying there,” her voice sounding desperate to persuade me.

                “And seeing him all…sick, like that… I just couldn’t do anything and I felt so bad. Then he leaned closer and we were inches away…and….and it happened before I know it! I’m sorry, Hyori, I really am,” she ranted on.

                “Wait a second…” I paused, thinking over that carefully, “what?” I flipped around to meet her eyes staring frantically at me. Her hair seemed slightly disheveled and her eyes had dark bags as though she seemed quite stressed. She stood up from her uncomfortable stance and walked forward.

                “He told me that he shouldn’t get in the water or else he would get sick,” she explained, “and he dived in to save me. That’s why he’s sick.”

                “What?” I hissed, not understanding, “what are you talking about? He never dove into save you.”

                Bom gave me a quizzical look, “you were there. What are you talking about?”

                “Who are you talking about?” I asked.

                “Jung-woo,” she answered, her face slightly flushing.

                I stared at her with a hard expression then exploded in laughter. Through fits of uncontrollable outbursts I held myself enough to look up to her confused and dazed face.

                “What’s so funny?” she questioned, her eyes brows rising.        

                “You thought I liked Jung-woo?” I smiled after resisting another laugh, “what are you talking about? Why would I like him? You like him!”

                Her eyes widened, “how…what? But you told me that time, that you liked Jung-woo!”

                “What time?” I frowned.

                “In the classroom,” she told me, her expression turning demanding.

                “The classroom…” I flashbacked to the moment after the small wedding celebration for Mr. Parker, “Oh…you mean…?”

                “That time you told me you liked Jung-woo,” Bom pointed out sharply, “I asked you and you said yes!”

                I laughed nervously, “I must have misheard you.”

                “You couldn’t have,” Bom looked angry now, “I pulled off your earphones and asked you! You said yes, I remember clearly.

                I gulped, “I thought you meant-

                I paused. Should I tell her?

                “Who did you mean then?” Bom seemed distracted. Then, her eyes widened as she seemed to have gotten the idea.

                “No way,” and she grinned for the first time ever since I entered the room, “you meant Gin, didn’t you?”

                “What- no?” I blushed, making my actions seem pretty predictable.

                “You liar,” and it was her turn to laugh now.

                I furiously began to blush, “well, shut up and tell me what happened! What do you mean you kissed? You kissed Jung-woo?!”

                I rushed back to her side, “tell me!”

                “W,what?” she immediately stopped and began to blush, “nothing really.”

                “It can’t be nothing,” I sneered, “it’s a kiss, for crying out loud Bom, a kiss!”

                “I…I, but,” she just stood there opening her mouth and closing it again.

                “Did you kiss him back?”

                “At first…but then…I pushed him away,” she muttered the last words.

                “What, WHY?” I demanded.

                “Because I thought you like him!” she seemed stressed and frustrated at herself.

                “Oh,” I stopped. How fortunate was I to have such a good friend? Bom, my best friend that is kind enough to sacrifice her own feeling for mine, she is the most caring person I’ve ever met in my life.

                “I’m sorry about the misunderstanding,” I apologized, “but then what happened? What was his reaction?”

                “He fell unconscious.”

                “Excuse me?” I inquired more detail.

                “He fell back into sleep,” Bom sighed.

                “Okay…” I heaved, “This is what you are going to do…”

Jung woo-s POV

                “You are going to march right up to her…and tell her you love her. Then you are going to ask her out,” Gin smiled crookedly.

                “You’re kidding,” I gasped, looking horror struck, “I, I can’t do that!”

              “You kissed her!” Gin pointed out, “you made the first move! You can do anything! Don’t be shy! Just go, ‘Hey, love! Fall into my arms!’”

                I groaned. I immediately regretted telling Gin when he entered my room and woke me up from my deep slumber.

                “Jung! Wake up, stupid!” a sharp punch on my head woke me up.

                “What?” I sat up and saw Gin standing beside my bed, “when did you come back?”

                “Moments ago,” Gin flashed a smile, “I heard from Bom you’re sick. Did you have some medicine yet?”

                The second he mentioned her name I remembered what I had done.

                “Oh My Gosh,” I gasped, my hands immediately flipping up and clamping my mouth.

                My fingers reach around my lips as I flashbacked to what crimes they have committed.

                “What’s wrong?” Gin asked.

                I stared directly into his eyes, breathing heavily, and beginning to blush even thinking back about it.

                “I…I kissed her.”

                “I am not taking your advice!” I shouted.

                “I’m your best friend. I am a guy. I am an experienced person in relationships. I am the most popular guy in school. Sure, why shouldn’t you take my advice,” he shrugged while smiling playfully.

                “Show-off,” I murmured under my breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 968 29
Siyeon is one of the popular girls at school, although she doesn't feel like it. Bora is just another student, she wants nothing more than to just gr...
13.6K 622 50
In a university's music club, four girls' lives get completely transformed when they decide to enter a local band competition.
48 0 12
Lee Jiwon finding her way around a new high school, she meets her polar opposite; a quiet and shy boy, who ends up becoming like her brother.
1.2K 1K 33
Blood is no longer thicker than water. Baze has always been a lonely child. Both parents are always too busy to even spend time with her. She has alw...