Done Done London

By yashriii

Ria, a strong and independent Law graduate sets off to live and work in her dream city of London. There she m... More

Part One
Part Two - Chapter One: Graduation (I)
Chapter 2 - Graduation (II)
Chapter 3 - London en Route Paris (I)
Chapter 4 - London en Route Paris (II)
Chapter 5 - London en Route Paris (III)
Chapter 6 - Home Sweet Home (London)
Chapter 7 - Meet your new legal advisor
Chapter 8 - The New Nightclub
Chapter 9: Lets go home...
Chapter 10 - Ria, The Dangerous Driver
Chapter 11 - Friends? Friends.
Chapter 12 - My New Friend
Chapter 13 - Do I? No.
Chapter 14 - 'Today is on me.'
Chapter 15 - The Dinner
Chapter 16 - Aisha.
Chapter 17 - The Return Of Aisha
Chapter 18 - You are my Soniya
Chapter 19 - Truth or Dare?
Author's note
Chapter 20 - A new Beginning
Chapter 21 - Ria. What? Nothing.
Chapter 22 - Pack my bags, please.
Authors Note
Chapter 23 - The Goons
Chapter 24 - Welcome to Dubai
Chapter 25 - Parents Ruin Every Situation
Chapter 26 - The Conference
Chapter 27 - The Magical Moment
Chapter 28 - Move in with me?
Chapter 29 - Aisha's Big Surprise
Chapter 30 - "We've got some news."
Chapter 31 - Toasts
Chapter 32 - "You're the perfect prince for my princess"
Chapter 33 - "Well, that was a boring morning."
Chapter 35 - The Ring
Chapter 36 - Hello Italy!
Chapter 37 - "Hi... Layla."
Chapter 38 - Sunset Kiss
Chapter 39 - Moments of Love
Chapter 40 - Roaming Around Rome
Chapter 41 - The Mehndi Ceremony

Chapter 34 - "There's a slight problem"

839 50 15
By yashriii

Rohan

"Ria!" I called into the bathroom door, "How much more time are you going to take to get ready?" It was nearly five in the evening and the guests would be arriving at the engagement party at six. Karan had strictly told us to be there an hour before.

My phone rang in my pocket. Sixth time, it's the sixth time Karan has called me in the last thirty minutes.
"Where the hell are you guys?" Karan yelled through the phone.

"Just on our way." I lied.

"Don't lie! You're still at home aren't you?" Ok, he caught me.

"I can't help it! Ria is still getting ready!" I complained.

"Urgh!" and with that he cut the call.

"Ria!" I called again.

"Ok, ok, I'm ready!" She pulled open the door.

There she stood in a pink lehenga with a black border and silver working. The blouse was really short and showed her flat stomach. A chain hung from the middle to both side, it just made her look even sexier. It looked like she was having trouble putting on one of her earrings, she cursed the earring as she tried to push it in. I felt like being a bit filmy so I grabbed the earring off her and instead of helping her put it back in her ear, I pulled her hair over that ear and smiled.

"Get original, Rohan." She laughed and pinched my cheeks, "So how do I look ?" She modelled in front of me pulling at her lengha.

"You look like... like... like candy floss!" I joked and slowly moved back before she came running towards me. Her playful smile turned into a frown as she raced towards me but, as she tried to push me I locked her in a tight hug.

"Let go! I hate you!" She tried to pull back but I only tightened my grip on her.

"But I love you." I said back.

"Liar!" She argued.

"I'm not lying!" I protested.

"So I do look like candy floss?"

"NO! You don't! You look like an angel, I swear! And I love you!"

"Good." She looked up and smiled.

"Let's go, otherwise Karan will kill us." I laughed, but you could never be so sure of what Karan was capable of.

Ria

Alina and Karan were going to kill us - primarily because of me, I took forever to get ready. Rohan was ready ages before me; he wore a dark maroon kurta with black, tight bottoms and a black vest that went perfectly with it. I'd never actually seen him in traditional wear but I must say that he looked hot as ever in it.

"Am I that hot?" Rohan turned and asked with a cheeky smile.

"Who do you think you are? Hrithik Roshan? Salman Khan?"

"Depends who you like better, I'm them, maybe even a little better than them." he replied with his 'oh-I'm-so-cool-attitude'.

"No. Just no. You are no where near them!" I said, but felt bad instantly.

"Wow. That hurt my self-esteem." He said, but smiled letting me know that he was taking my criticism as a joke.

"Hrithik and Salman are nothing compared to you, baby." I said.

"Awh, come here give me kiss." He turned around and moved towards me.

"Turn around and drive!" I ordered. "Otherwise we're going to be late and Alina and Karan are going to kill us!" We were already in for a long lecture for not getting there an hour before the guests arrived, and I have to admit I did feel a bit guilty for taking forever to get ready.

We reached the hall they held their engagement in another ten minutes. Rohan got out of the car and came around to my side to open my door and escort me out. No, he wasn't doing it this time because he wanted to feel like a 'gentleman,' but actually because he knew that I was going to have trouble getting out of the car in this heavy lengha.

"Get ready to be yelled at." He whispered into my ear as we stepped into this neo-classical hall. It had two large staircases from the middle that lead up to the second floor. There was a balcony on the second floor that had been decorated in pink flowers, in fact the hall was covered in pink flowers, and pink ribbons and balloons.

"Have you seen the time?" Karan came yelling at us. He wore a navy blue kurta with embroidery near the neck and matching bottoms.

"Karan, we're here now. It's ok." Rohan said trying to calm him down.

"Nothing's ok!" He yelled, "The guests are going to be here any moment and... Excuse us, Ria," he pulled Rohan away from me and began whispering something to him.

"Ok then, I'm just going to go check on Alina." I said and headed off to check on Alina, although I wondered what Karan told Rohan.

"Hey, gorgeous." I called Alina. She looked so beautiful; her cream-ish white lengha fell down graciously. Her bikini blouse was filled with beautiful pink and golden embroidery and her golden net dupatta hung from her left shoulder. The heavy golden neck piece and earrings and white flowers in her hair made her look like a princess.

"How do I look?" She got up and turned around showing me her beautiful lengha.

"Just like a princess." I smiled.

"No." Rohan came in and I turned around appalled at his statement.

"What?" I asked, disgusted.

"No, she doesn't look like a princess, she looks like a queen." He came up and hugged her.

"Thanks, Sir." She joked with him and he smiled.

"Ria, can I talk to you for a second?" Rohan turned around and asked me with a disturbed look on his face.

"Oh, you two want some private time together? Ok, then I'm just going to go out and see the arrangements." Alina gave us a cheeky smile and left the room.

"What happened?" I asked eager to know what was disturbing him.

"There's a slight problem..." He began.

"Like?"

"Like... Karan forgot to buy a ring in all this rush." He said in one breath.

"What!" How could he? "How is this engagement supposed to happen without a ring?"

"Exactly!" He said, "Now what?" He rubbed his head and walked back and forth.

"We could rush to get one?" I offered.

"If we rush, Alina is going to find out that something's fishy." He said, still walking back and forth.

"If he doesn't get the ring she's going to find out anyways." I said.

"'Meri ma!' Can you think positive for once?" He retorted. I guess he was right, I need to think positively and come up with a solution quickly.

I too started walking back and forth trying to think of an idea.

"Idea!" I just remembered that I had a ring on that I always wore. "Here take this ring and give it to Karan to give to Alina." I took it off and gave it to Rohan.

"But isn't this ring given to you by your dad on your twenty-first birthday?" Rohan hesitated to take the ring from me.

"Yeah, but it's ok. I'm sure dad would understand." I'm sure my dad won't mind, especially if it was for a friend, "And I'm sure you'll buy me a better one." I gave him a cheeky smile yet warm and pushed the ring into his hand.

"Oh how much I love you!" he exclaimed and hugged me tightly.

"Ok, baba. I get it, now go give that ring to Karan!" With this I pushed him towards the door.

I did not feel bad at all for giving up my ring, in fact it felt nice. I just saved an engagement, a couple from breaking before they even got together. I'm sure if my dad found out he'd be proud of me, he's always taught me to help someone and that's all I did.

The fact that Rohan hesitated before taking my ring made me feel even better. He understood that, that ring meant a lot for me. He understood the importance of it in my life and I'm glad that he does.

At the thought of that I took one last look into the mirror, I also headed out to where the guests had started arriving.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Another really quick update (I'm just trying to update as much as I can before my school starts). So anyways, what did you guys think? Still a bit boring, I know but this time I promise you the next update is going to be really cute, so be ready! || If you're enjoying my story (which I doubt at this point) do comment, vote and tell others!

XOXO YASHRIII

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89K 4.3K 38
Arjun Malhotra, a lethal batsman, gold mine for paparazzi, and the true heartthrob of the country. Kiara Singh, a Judge, and your next-door girl. Th...
6K 271 23
kiara khanna - a mysterious girl who is the daughter of a rich business tycoon , she has everything according to the world but in reality she has not...
18.2K 1K 46
Maya she is a single mother, she has a five years old son, rohit. After living with her mother for so long she decide to move out with her son to fi...
29.4K 2.2K 49
Book #2 in Love Duology. One year ago he mysteriously disappeared from her life. Leaving her shattered into million pieces. But now his back, but hi...