Chapter 7 - Meet your new legal advisor

Rohan

“You?” I asked surprised at the person standing in front of me.

“Urgh! I have a name!” She retorted back.

“Uh, yeah sorry, Ria” I’m starting to forget what I’m supposed to say due to the shock. “What, What are you doing here?”

“I’m your new legal advisor?” she puts her hands on her – I can’t help but notice – slim hips.

“Yeah I know that, but you? I mean out of all of the other law graduates around the world they choose you?” The words just slipped out of my mouth, I didn’t realise that what I was saying could actually hurt her, but I guess not.

“Too bad, you’ve got to deal with me for the next two years and then maybe forever if this temporary jobs turns to permanent” she sassed. That sass of hers was really getting on my nerves! It’s funny how I think about her all this time but now that she is standing in front of me I just can’t bare her!

“Two years! Are you out of your mind? I’m not letting you stay here for two days! I’m the CEO of this company and can get you kicked out this very second!” What the heck am I saying! I guess seeing her really gets my inner bossiness out! I didn’t care anymore, I mean I care but I don’t! URGHH! I just didn’t want her to stay here and work with me and give me legal advice!

“First things first, you can’t kick me out. Just like you the board has hired me and only they have the power over letting me stay or kicking me out. Also I’m not like your assistant or anything, I’m your legal advisor and in this office I get the same respect as you, if not more.” She lectured. I’d forgotten she was a lawyer, always ready to prove herself! Well I guess I’m stuck with her for a couple of years now. There was no point arguing with her because she was going to win with all her legal shit! I just stomped out her office like a little kid who’s just lost an argument with his mum.  

Ria

I can’t believe that I was actually excited to see Rohan again! I guess I forgot that night in the hotel where he was so rude! Some things just never change! Urgh! Actually you know what? I’m not going to spend my time thinking about him, I’m going to actually do the work I’m here to do. There’s just one problem, I don’t exactly know what to do. I mean I know what to do – and that is to give legal advice about a subject, like if they should continue on with certain projects and what would the legal consequences and stuff would be, but I don’t know on what projects I should be giving legal advice on. I decided to go and ask someone and within 20 minutes I was on my desk going through one out of the many files about their upcoming projects and taking down notes.

Rohan

It’s finally lunch. Thank god. I didn’t have breakfast – thanks to Jenny telling me that I had to do a speech – and now I’m extremely hungry! Luckily I hadn’t seen Ria ever since this morning’s encounter.

I walked over to the office kitchen to grab myself some lunch and guess who I see there? The bitch. Actually that’s really harsh, she’s not that bad. What about the devil? Yeah that’s better. We look at each other and give each other an evil stare. Smiling is the best revenge, I give her my famous smirk, and I could see that this was really getting on her nerves. She frowns back. I was enjoying this staring game. Just when the devil was about to say something, Phil – one of the board members – came up.

“Have you met your new Legal advisor, Rohan?” He asks.

“Ria Patel, topper in law and legal studies at Auckland University.” I reply.

“Wow! Looks like you know her whole biography” Phil laughed.

“Yeah, we’ve had an interesting morning.” I said.

“Better get used to her, she’s here to stay.” Phil said, tapped me on the back and left.

 Ria gave me a smirk and walked past me with her dish.  I guess I wasn’t having much luck today, everything seemed to be backfiring me. I was so pissed that I didn’t realise how hungry I was, so instead of thinking too much about the devil I decided on concentrating on my lunch.

Ria

After lunch I had a meeting with the other legal advisors and Rohan. Like always I got there on time and who do I see there? Mr I’m-the-CEO-and-I- have-all-the-power, we just stared at each other and sat down. within a couple of minutes the other legal advisors started coming in and the meeting commenced. I decided to not say much – since this was my first ever meeting – and just listen. I was occasionally asked for my opinion on certain things and well, I stated what I thought, but I could see Rohan making faces at everything I said. Why does he have to be like that? I mean one day he’s really nice and the next he’s being a total idiot!

After the meeting I worked till six in the evening, I really wanted to complete the first file and when I really want something, I get it. By the time I get out it was quite dark, I’m not sure if the driver was going to come to take me home or not.

I was about the press the button on the lift when Rohan comes in and pressed the car park button before me.

“Hey! I don’t need to go there!” I said, more like yelled.

“Too bad” he said casually with a shrug of his shoulders. I didn’t have the energy to argue so I just let it be his way. Once he got off I pressed the first floor button – this was above the car park, it was ground level. Although it was six in the evening the reception floor was still busy as always, people were running from one end to another. I headed out of the door I came from this morning. Ahhhh, finally some fresh air. My eyes fell on the posh black Audi that brought me here this morning. I rushed into it and was all set to go home and go to sleep. It’s surprising how tired I am, I hardly ever get this tired – the last time I was this tired was when I did garba for 4 hours straight! 

~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I just want to start a new point in the next chapter so I had to end it here. Hope you're enjoying my story :) if you are them please vote and comment :) <3 :*