Chapter 19 - Truth or Dare?

Rohan

Oh Shit! Oh Shit! Oh Shit! Why did Karan have to walk in at the worst possible time?

“Oh I’m sorry” Karan shut his eyes and turned around.

“Oh, uh. Welcome Karan, we were just dancing to ‘You Are My Soniya’ so I was just-” Ria explained, but I cut her off.

“What are you doing here Karan?”

“Well, since Ria came home today, Alina and I decided to come meet her. I was supposed to meet her here but then I thought that she might already be up here so I came up here, but then I found you two.” He looked at me strong and hard in the eye. I couldn’t handle it so I looked away.

“Hey, people!” someone called from the door. All three of us looked towards the door. It was Alina. “Why is it so silent?”

“Alina!” Ria exclaimed and ran towards her to hug her. “Thank god you came.” She whispered to her – a little too loud – and looked my way with a smile.

“Thank god?” And Alina caught it.

“Nothing. Come inside – both of you.” She pushed them inside. Karan flopped down beside me and kept staring at me. I swear the moment Ria and Alina leave me and Karan alone he’s going to kill me!

“What would you guys like? Something hot or cold?” Ria asked. This is the typical question an Indian asks guests.

“Nothing.” Both Karan and Alina said in sync.

“We just came to see you. We can’t possibly make you work for us.” Alina continued.

“Yeah we just came to see how you were going, and by the looks of it you look all fine.” Karan taunted. I pinched his hand. He had a problem with me so why is he taunting her. She was only giving me a friendly hug; he was the one that stepped in at the wrong time. He should have at least knocked on the door before just bursting in on us like that.

“Hey why don’t you guys do something? Leave after having dinner!” Ria said. What no! I’m definitely going to die now! Ria! Why do you have to be so nice!

“Ok that’s a great idea!” Alina said, “But what are we going to do until then?”

“Let’s play truth or dare.” Karan offered. Why does he want to play that? We aren’t in school anymore.

“Karan we aren’t in school anymore.” Ria spoke out my thoughts and laughed.

“Yeah, but truth or dare in school is different to the one we will play today. We will play an adult version tonight.” Karan argued back, “So what do you guys say? Are you up for this or are you guys going to be wusses and wuss out?”

“I’m in!” Both Alina and Ria said in a sync. Karan sure had a plan up his sleeves; he wants to get something out of me I’m sure. I’m not going to play in that case.

“What Rohan are you going to be a wuss then?” Karan asked with his I’m-teasing-you face.

“No, I mean yes, I mean no. Urghh! I mean I’m not a wuss, but I don’t play kiddie games like these!” I felt proud of my excuse.

“Oh wait, Karan. This is Times magazines CEO of the year, why would he play such games? After all CEO’s are boring people.” Ria taunted me. Even she was against me? This was an insult to all CEO’s and I was not a boring person, thank you very much.

“Fine, in that case, I’m in!” I didn’t care now, Karan can try to get anything he wants out of me but I’m going to think twice before I answer.