Chapter 17 - The Return Of Aisha

Rohan

I haven’t seen Ria since this morning. She’s been in her cabin all day; it was getting closer to lunch and I’m not sure if she was going to come with lunch or not like she’s done in the past couple of days. I decided that I might take lunch for her today since I gave her a huge shock in the morning.

I knocked on her door with our lunch.

“Come in.” She called after a second and I slowly turned the door knob and went inside.

“Hey, I’ve got lunch.” I said as I laid down the tray of food.

“Thanks , I was just about to come and give you yours.” She said. She sounded a bit sick.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a bit of weakness but I get it often.”  She didn’t only sound sick, she looked sick. I went around and touched her forehead and it was stinging hot.

“You’re not OK Ria! Your head, it’s stinging hot.”

“I’m fine Rohan!” She was yelling at me but I didn’t care, I wasn’t going to let her work in such a state.

“Come on, get up. I’m taking you to the doctors and then taking you home.” I ordered.

“And who are you to order me?”

“Your friend!” I pulled her up and started towards the door just when she fainted.

“Ria! Ria!” I yelled, but it was no use. I went out and called Karan.

“What the – what happened to her?” He asked.

“We don’t have time for storytelling; just call the ambulance right now!” I yelled back at him. I was freaking out I’ve never handled a fainted person before. I also felt a bit guilty, I don’t know why but I think that this was all because of me.

I was walking back and forth in the hospital’s hallway waiting for an update on Ria’s condition from the doctors. It’s been two hours since she fainted in the office and still hasn’t gained consciousness. I was starting to worry now, what might have happened. I didn’t want to lose a friend like her. No. I shouldn’t be thinking like this. Think positive Rohan.

Karan came casually walking like nothing had happened. How can he be so relaxed about everything?

“How can you –” I began but got cut off by him.

“Before you say anything, you’ve got a surprise waiting for you at home.” What? Here a friend is fighting for her life and he thinks I’m just going to leave her and go for that surprise?

I gave a disgusted look, “Do you really think any surprise is bigger than staying here with Ria at the moment?”

“This one is; I meant it! And if you don’t go, you might end up in Ria’s position. Look, even I’m worried for Ria, I mean she’s awesome and I don’t want to lose a friend like her either. I’m here and Alina will be coming shortly too so don’t worry about Ria, but you have to go home right now! That’s really important too!”  I should listen to Karan, I mean he did warn me about coming to close to Ria.

“Ok. Keep me updated if anything happens” I said and left.

Usually when you’re getting a surprise you would be thinking about what the surprise will be, not in my case. The whole car ride back I was thinking about Ria, about what would have happened to her, If she was ok or not? All those thoughts kept coming in my head.

I got home and asked one of the servants about my surprise.

“Do you know anything about a surprise?” I asked.