Chapter 9: Lets go home...

Ria

I’ve always seen nightclubs in Bollywood movies, never actually gone to one. This one wasn’t so different to the ones they showed in Bollywood movies. It was quite dark with green, red and blue lights cutting through the darkness. It was so loud when we got in I couldn’t actually recognize the song. It was Saturday night, one of the busiest nights and the club was packed, jammed packed. I was afraid I would get lost. Just then someone grabbed my hand in the darkness! I started to panic but then realised it was the same hand that had grabbed me when I tripped over in Paris. It was Rohan. I don’t know why but I could feel my cheeks starting to blush.

“Hold on tight otherwise you’re going to get lost” I faintly heard him say.

We headed towards the bar.

“Four shots of vodka please” Karan ordered.

“Um actually, Karan I don’t drink, in fact I’ve never touched alcohol in my whole life.” I said.

“Female Gandhi” Rohan whispered, but I heard him and ignored him.

“Come on Ria! There’s always a first time. One day or another you’re going to have one, might as well make this that day!” Alina threw in her philosophy. “Plus if you get drunk today it’s fine because you’ll be sure that you’ll get home somehow.” 

I really wanted to try it but I wasn’t sure. I was bought up in a typical Gujarati family, no alcohol, no meat. I didn’t want to bring shame or anything to my family but I also wanted to try the shot. I was having a mental fight with myself just when Rohan – that to without my consent – told the waiter to just get four shots. Oh well, looks like I’m in for something big today.

Rohan

Ria was taking too long to decide so I decided for her, plus it looked like she really wanted it too but her ethics were in the way.

The shots arrived and we decided take them on three.

“One, two, three!”  Karan yelled and everyone took their shot, surprisingly even Ria; I hadn’t expected her to take it on time, in fact I thought she might hesitate.

A huge smile began to form on Ria’s face, she wanted more, I could see it!

“One more!” she yelled.

“Okay!” Karan yelled back. The music was so loud, hence the yelling.

We had another shot. She wanted more, but we had a dance off to do. I pulled all three to the dance floor and began showing off my moves. Main aisa kyun hoon from Lakshya was playing; this was perfect to show her some of my Hrithik moves. Just as I thought I was going to ace this, the DJ changed the song to Sheila Ki Jawani from Tees Maar Khan and Ria began her turn. Unlike me she was actually mouthing the words, “I know you want it but you’re never gonna get it tere haath kabhi na aani.” Please I don’t want you either, I thought and started smiling like an idiot. One thing is for sure though, she is an amazing dancer and I could literally spend hours watching her dance. However, I didn’t have all that time; I had to prove to her that I was a better dancer than her. The next song came on and I showed more of my sleek moves, during which she went and helped herself to a shot. Again it was her turn and she showed more of her sassy – actually more like sexy – moves. The next song was a duet –Malang from Dhoom 3 – Karan and Alina forced us both to dance to it. By this time Ria was high, I could see it in her eyes, they were bloodshot red. We got so close to each while dancing at one point that – I swear – I could feel some connection like a spark. She managed to dance to that without going all crazy but in the next song, don’t even get me started.

The next song was engine ki seeti from Khoobsurat. She lost control of herself and was dancing like crazy. But there was something about it that was making me smile; I couldn’t stop staring at her. Alina was right she isn’t just a boring legal advisor, but nor is she just a sassy dancer. There is a kid inside of her, she is enjoying her life to the fullest and that smile on her face is priceless. I don’t know what was happening to me but I was really mesmerized by her, I just wanted to keep staring at her. By now Alina had also joined her. Karan grabbed a drink for us and sat down beside me. We sipped our alcohol and stared at the two drunk – yet beautiful – ladies in front of us that were showing their true colours.

“I think we should get going now, it’s quite late and I have to drop Ria off too.” Karan said after his drink.

“Yeah you’re right” I agreed, “Actually you know what? You take Alina with you, I’ll take Ria with me. Handling one drunken lady is hard, two? Out of your capacity! So yeah, you take Alina and I’ll drop off Ria.”

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“I’m your boss, of course I’m sure!” I reassured.

We got up to get the girls but that was none less than mission impossible. First we had to get through the crowd, pull them out of the crowd and take them to the car. All this took approximately 1 hour, no jokes, but we got there in the end.

I don’t know how Karan was dealing with Alina but I was not dealing well with Ria. She was out of control. She was screaming and yelling like crazy and would not budge to go inside the car. I had to literally push her inside – In the process of which she hurt her head.

I got into the driver’s seat and realised I hadn’t tied her seat belt. I bent over her to grab the belt but lost balance and fell on top of her.

“Owww!” She screamed.

“Owww” I moaned. She actually kicked my guts when I fell on her.  I slowly got up and tied her seatbelt. I turned on the car engine and realised that I had no idea where she lived. I totally forgot to ask Karan. I got my phone out but it was dead. I don’t know if I should be asking Ria, she wasn’t in the state to answer by the looks of it; I gave it a go anyways.

“Where do you live” I asked her.

Only a groan, no answer.

“Where is your home” I asked again, this time more softly. I’ve read that when a person is drunk they’re nothing more than a kid.

“Home? Ahhh, I miss home. Auckland, I want to go back to Auckland!” She cried. Oh great! Now what? I wasn’t ready for this! I had to cheer her up.

“Ok, ok, do you want Ice-cream?” I asked and mentally punched myself. Who the hell asks a drunken person if they want ice-cream? But I guess it worked.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” she replied and instantly lit up. Drunken people are defiantly kids.

“What flavour Ice-cream do you want” I asked her once we got to the ice-cream shop; I didn’t want to take the risk of taking her inside the shop.

“Chocolate” she replied.

“Ok, stay here I’ll be back” I gave her a soft smile and shut the door. Just to be on the safer side I even locked the car, although I’m sure she’s not going to go anywhere.

I rushed over to the counter and gave the person my order and rushed back to the car. She was still there, phew.  I handed over her ice-cream and she started liking it just like a little kid. I sat in the car and started to think about what I should do next. Where was I supposed to take her? I finally reached a decision.

“Let’s go home.” I said.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the really late update :( I was busy helping out with practically every housework there is to do (cooking, cleaning hanging the clothes etc.) and on top of that I run 3 instagram accounts so I had to handle them and urgh! Life can get so hard at times! Anyways! It's here the latests chapter and I hope you enjoyed the dance off! I know I'm not so creative that's why I have a wierd selection of songs. kbye! Oh and if you enjoy this story then don't forget to vote and comment <3 :)