Chapter 34 - "There's a slight problem"

Rohan

"Ria!" I called into the bathroom door, "How much more time are you going to take to get ready?" It was nearly five in the evening and the guests would be arriving at the engagement party at six. Karan had strictly told us to be there an hour before.

My phone rang in my pocket. Sixth time, it's the sixth time Karan has called me in the last thirty minutes.
"Where the hell are you guys?" Karan yelled through the phone.

"Just on our way." I lied.

"Don't lie! You're still at home aren't you?" Ok, he caught me.

"I can't help it! Ria is still getting ready!" I complained.

"Urgh!" and with that he cut the call.

"Ria!" I called again.

"Ok, ok, I'm ready!" She pulled open the door.

There she stood in a pink lehenga with a black border and silver working. The blouse was really short and showed her flat stomach. A chain hung from the middle to both side, it just made her look even sexier. It looked like she was having trouble putting on one of her earrings, she cursed the earring as she tried to push it in. I felt like being a bit filmy so I grabbed the earring off her and instead of helping her put it back in her ear, I pulled her hair over that ear and smiled.

"Get original, Rohan." She laughed and pinched my cheeks, "So how do I look ?" She modelled in front of me pulling at her lengha.

"You look like... like... like candy floss!" I joked and slowly moved back before she came running towards me. Her playful smile turned into a frown as she raced towards me but, as she tried to push me I locked her in a tight hug.

"Let go! I hate you!" She tried to pull back but I only tightened my grip on her.

"But I love you." I said back.

"Liar!" She argued.

"I'm not lying!" I protested.

"So I do look like candy floss?"

"NO! You don't! You look like an angel, I swear! And I love you!"

"Good." She looked up and smiled.

"Let's go, otherwise Karan will kill us." I laughed, but you could never be so sure of what Karan was capable of.

Ria

Alina and Karan were going to kill us - primarily because of me, I took forever to get ready. Rohan was ready ages before me; he wore a dark maroon kurta with black, tight bottoms and a black vest that went perfectly with it. I'd never actually seen him in traditional wear but I must say that he looked hot as ever in it.

"Am I that hot?" Rohan turned and asked with a cheeky smile.

"Who do you think you are? Hrithik Roshan? Salman Khan?"

"Depends who you like better, I'm them, maybe even a little better than them." he replied with his 'oh-I'm-so-cool-attitude'.

"No. Just no. You are no where near them!" I said, but felt bad instantly.

"Wow. That hurt my self-esteem." He said, but smiled letting me know that he was taking my criticism as a joke.

"Hrithik and Salman are nothing compared to you, baby." I said.

"Awh, come here give me kiss." He turned around and moved towards me.

"Turn around and drive!" I ordered. "Otherwise we're going to be late and Alina and Karan are going to kill us!" We were already in for a long lecture for not getting there an hour before the guests arrived, and I have to admit I did feel a bit guilty for taking forever to get ready.