Chapter 27 - The Magical Moment

Ria

We were going ditch the rest of the conference to go sightseeing around Dubai. I couldn't express how happy I was. I swear if I had stayed in that hall any longer I would have died!

"Here!" Rohan called, and passed me my burger. He had gone down to the closest fast food restaurant to grab a quick meal before we left for sight seeing. 

"Thanks" I said and began munching on my burger. I was so hungry that I began eating like a dog. He just looked at me and laughed.

"What?" I said with my mouth full with food.

"Noth-Nothing" he was cracking up more now.

"No! tell me!" I whined slapping his shoulder.

"Nothing, just the way you eat" 

"What's so funny about the way I eat?"

"Nothing you're just, just a bhukar" The way he said 'bhukar' was so cute, I love it when guys with a british accent - Rohan had one of them - spoke in hindi and by guys I meant Rohan.

"I am not a bhukar ok?" I said wiping my face with a tissue. Ok, maybe I was but that was only because I was really hungry today because of the conference.

"Bhukar... Bhukar" He teased. I got up to leave him in anger but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. 

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. You're not a bhukar" He apologised.

"Of course I am not!" I said.

"Now if you're done with your food shall we go ahead?" He said quoting "food" with his fingers.

"Yeah, whatever, lets go." I said back in an uninterested way.

Rohan

The angry Ria is the best Ria! You should have seen her face when I called her a 'Bhukar' it went red with anger - but it was cute. 

We got up from the area and started walking towards the main road. 

We didn't know where we were headed but the fact that we were together was enough for me. 

I held her hand while crossing the road and surprisingly enough she didn't protest either. 

We just cruised the streets for a couple of hours till we came across a garden. It seemed to be like a botanic garden.

I looked really beautiful just from the outside, so imagine how beautiful it would be from inside. The roses at the front gate gave me a great idea. This could be it! Here in between all those beautiful roses and other flowers I can and will express how I feel about her. I will tell her how she completely changed my life and of course I'll tell her the truth about Aisha.

"Hey, Rohan. Where did you get lost?" She snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, no where. Lets go?" I pulled her into the garden by the wrist.

"Rohan, slow down." She laughed as I dragged her behind me. 

I took her to a corner of the garden filled with roses of all different colours. There were whites, reds, yellows and many more. 

"Rohan, enough." She laughed and pulled her hand away from mine. 

"Ri-Ria" I said while puffing.

"Wha-What?" She said puffing.

"I need to tell you something." I stood up straight and pulled my business briefing face - it was just a little stricter than usual. 

she recognised my change in mood and applied it to herself, "Yeah?" she said.

"Um..." I hesitated but I had to say it. "Aisha... Uh I found out she is cheating on me-" Before I could continue she cut me off.

"Oh I'm so sorry." She came rushing by my side.

"No no, don't be. She didn't even deserve me." I said it casually and to be honest I wasn't even feeling that bad.

"Oh" She said "Yeah, I guess. But how did you find out? Did you break up with her?"

"Karan told me, actually showed me, and not yet but I will soon after going back from here. But, thats only half of what I wanted to say."

"Really?" She said.

I moved closer to her. Now I could feel her breathing hard on my neck. Her brown eyes twinkled as she stared at me hard.

"So what did you want to say?" She asked again.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "Ria, I-I-I love you" I opened my eyes to see her staring at me open mouthed.

"No?" She said.

"Yes!" I said.

"Are you serious?"

"Serious as ever!"

"Final decision?"

"Final"

"Are you sure? I mean I'm a hard one"

"I'm ready to take this challenge"

"Really?" She folded her hands.

"Really!" I stomped my feet like a little kid.

"I love you too" 

Wait! What? This was unexpected! "You-you do?"

She started to tear up - of course tears of joy - and nodded her head. I moved forward and hugged her as tight as I could. By now I was tearing up too.

"I love you" She said between her sobs,

"I love you too." I whispered in her ear. I was hugging her so tight that I was scared that I might suffocate her. But it's ok, because she was hugging me in the same way and I loved that feeling.

Ria

Oh. My. God! Rohan Sharma loves me! I never expected this and here I am hugging him harder than ever. I was scared that I was going to lose him so I hugged him as tight as I could. I didn't want to think about it but I couldn't stop thinking about how Aisha cheated on Rohan. Why would she do that, he really loved her. Oh well, now he loves me and I know he means it! I just know it. 

We pulled apart after what seemed like a two hour long hug. He looked down into my eyes hard and was licking his lips, indicating that he wanted something. Without second thoughts I pressed my lips against his as hard as I could. 

At first it was uncomfortable but slowly and gradually I began to drift more and more into his mouth. The warmth of his mouth sent a current through my body and the butterflies in my tummy from the proposal slowly settled. Our hands were playing with each other at our sides.

We slowly pulled away from each but our foreheads were still touching. He lifted me up and twirled me around just like they do in bollywood movies!

He put me down and went down on one knee. I already can see what's coming up.

"Ria Patel, will you be my girlfriend?" He said in his British accent, he already knew the answer but asked me anyways.

"Rohan Sharma, I will be your girlfriend." I said smiling. He stood up and I dug my head into his chest. 

I've never had a boyfriend in my life - I was just too busy with studying all the time that I never had time for all this. Nor had I ever loved someone the way I loved Rohan. This was all new to me, all these feelings, these gestures. I'd only seen these things in Bollywood movies.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: So here it is! The chapter - I hope - you've all been waiting for, The Magical Moment! So they have confessed, finally! Did you guys like the proposal? What do you guys think is going to happen next? Anyways, I hope you are enjoying my story so far, if so then please vote, comment and spread the word! <3

- XOXO Yashriii