Chapter 33 - "Well, that was a boring morning."

Rohan

It all went down well with Karan, he didn't even need Ria and I to come along. After discussing the plans and arrangements and all, we were back home. Knowing that tomorrow was Monday and I'd have to return back to the office gave me the chills, I loved my job but there are times where you just want a break from it, I mean all those meetings that I'd have to attend since I missed quite a lot of days of work were going to kill me; as for Ria, well her pile of work probably has doubled. On the bright side though, Ria and I would still be together even if it's in the office, we could have lunch together at least and go home together.

"Let me guess, you're thinking about going back to the office tomorrow, right?" Ria came in after freshening up.

"Yeah, do I have to go back?" I complained.

"Of course you do." She came and sat beside me; I put my head on the backboard of the bed, "Plus I'm going to have to go too."

"That's the only good thing about it." I laughed.

"Too bad there are people and CCTV camera's around otherwise you know..." She gave a cheeky smile and bit her lips.

"Otherwise what, Ria?" I asked with a cheeky smile of my own.

"You know very well, Rohan." She said tracing my lips with her fingers. Is she trying to turn me own? Because it definitely is work.

"No, I don't know." I said with an innocent look.

"Ok then, bye." She got up of the bed with a disappointed look.

"Wait!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her back down.

Slowly and steadily I pressed my lips against hers. Every time I kissed her I felt relief and stress free. I indulged myself into her even more. We were just getting comfortable doing this when Ria's phone rang. Not again! Her parents always call at the worst possible time!

Ria

Just when Rohan and I were getting comfortable, my stupid 'Maa Ka Phone' ringtone went off. I swear my parents need to learn to call at better times! It's always when I'm about to have a moment with Rohan!

"Hello." I said, pissed at them.

"Where are you? Back in London? In your home? Have you unpacked?" Mum started firing questions at me, like always. Well, I sort of deserved that, I kept forgetting to call them every time they asked me to call them.

"Mum, calm down. Yes, I'm back and" I looked around, "safely in my house." Rohan smiled, "and yes, I've unpacked." I lied, knowing that our bags were all stuffed in some corner of the room still locked.

"Why do you always forget to call? You know how worried your father and I were?"

"I'm sorry, mum. We were ju-" She cut me off, and I figured out exactly why.

"We? What do you mean by 'we'? Who else is with you?" She asked in a stern voice.

"I-I-I mean Rohan and I, the CEO of my company, we went together right?" There was no point lying to her about who I meant by 'we,' she already knew that I went with Rohan, but this doesn't mean that I tell her the exact truth about what I really mean by 'we', "Well, yeah, that's who I meant by 'we', we came back and there was a lot of pending work so we just headed to the office straight away. Yeah, that's why I forgot to call you." Phew. I was proud of my lie. If she found out exactly what I mean by 'we' I'd be called back to New Zealand that very moment.

"And you were in the office today as well?" She was interrogating me now; she knew something was fishy.

"You've been watching too many crime movies, mum, stop interrogating me, I need to go to sleep and I have to go to work tomorrow as well, ok bye." I said quickly and cut the phone before she could question me further.