Chapter 10 - Ria, The Dangerous Driver

Ria

The warm sun rays touched my face and woke me up this morning. It may seem a nice a peaceful wake to wake up, but trust me, I wasn’t. My head was pounding like mad. It felt like someone was literally hitting my head with a hammer. I felt like vomiting but I didn’t know where the bathroom was and I don’t know if I can stand up with all this dizziness. I finally spotted the bathroom and gathered up the energy to get up and go vomit.

I felt much better after vomiting out last night’s alcohol. I wondered how much I had last night.

The moment I stepped out of the bathroom I was stunned at where I was. I’ve never seen such a big room in my life! It was like the ones they show in Bollywood movies.

I walked over to one of the many giant windows in the room. The view was unbelievable. I could see the whole of London, from the Big Ben and Parliament to the Gherkin, even the London Eye. As I stare at the beautiful view I can’t stop thinking about where I am, who’s house is this and how did I get here in the first place?

I was still staring and thinking, when I heard a soft knock on the door and it slowly opened up. First came in a tray with a cup and then Jenny, Rohan’s personal assistant. I instantly knew where I was. I was in Rohan Sharma’s house.

“Good morning, Ria” Jenny greeted me with a warm smile. “Rohan brought you here last night, you were in a full drunken state. You must have a headache, so here’s some black coffee to ease that down.” she handed me a china cup filled with black coffee.

“Thank you” I said and grabbed the cup. I don’t actually like black coffee but this was my only option at the moment and I really wanted to get rid of this headache.

“Where’s Rohan?” I said, before I could get a chance to think about what I’m saying.

“He’s awake in his room, down the hallway to the right. Go meet him” She said with a cheeky smile on her face. I knew what she was thinking but that wasn’t reason I wanted to meet him, I just wanted to thank him for bringing me here.

“Thanks” I said and walked out with her – and my coffee.

I knocked one of the many grand doors – hoping it’d the right bedroom.

“Come in” someone, actually Rohan, called from inside. I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. There he was on his giant bed with his laptop. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up marrying that laptop. He’s always with it and only that electrical device would want to be with him all day long. No girl would have the energy to handle him all day long.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Umm,” I stumbled to start the conversation.

“Hurry up, Ria. I don’t have all day.” He snapped back at me. I let go of the door and walked towards his bed. The door closed itself behind me.

“What are you doing on Sunday? I mean you do office work on a Sunday too?” I said. I gave myself a mental punch. I was supposed to say something else but, ending up saying something else, something really stupid that too!

He stared at me in confusion then said, “Really? Ria, I’m the CEO of an international company, even if I work twenty- four seven that wouldn’t be enough, and I know this isn’t what you’ve come here for. What is it? Spill the beans.” Damn! How did he know?

“Umm,” I hesitated, “what happened last night?” I asked. A cheeky smile crossed his face. He got up off his bed and walk towards me. I put down my coffee cup just to be on the safe side.

“You were out of control last night, just crazy.” He began his story. “I didn’t know where lived so I thought I might bring you here, I mean I can’t just let you loose on the streets like that.” He came closer. “You look even better in the morning” He touched my face. “Whatever happened last night, I had a feeling it would have happened, but like this? I never thought it would happen like this.” I knew exactly where he was taking this, and I know he actually didn’t do anything. He didn’t have the guts to.