Chapter 15 - The Dinner

Rohan

We went to Ria’s place to get changed to go to the restaurant for dinner. While she was still getting changed I decided to call up the restaurant and book us a table, otherwise we’d have to wait.

“Hello, The Ledbury Restaurant. How may I help you?” The lady on the other side of the phone asked.

“Uh, Hi there. I would like to make a reservation for two for tonight. Is it possible?”

Suddenly Ria’s bedroom door burst open and she stepped out wearing that black gown we brought from Jaquie this afternoon. Her loose curls bounced past her shoulders. The dark eyeliner and thick eyelashes made her beautiful eyes stand out even more. Those red lips, I just wanted to take them into mine. Oh my God! I couldn’t, no! I couldn’t possibly be falling in love with her. She was just a friend and I’m sure she wanted to keep it that way.

“Hello, sir! What time would you be coming?” The lady from the restaurant asked and broke my thoughts.

“Uh, yeah sorry, around ten thirty.” My eyes were still on Ria.

“That’s great, whose name do I reserve it on?”

“Um, Rohan Sharma.” I stammered.

“Mr Sharma. Thank you and see you soon.” She said and hung up.

“How do I look?” Ria asked. A couple of strands of her hair came in front. She softly tucked them behind her ear and raised an eyebrow. She was waiting for an answer but I didn’t have one. I was just blown away.

“Let’s go.” I concluded and left for the door. I could see Ria pull on a disappointed face.

“You look gorgeous.”I turned around and answered. I couldn’t possibly see her upset.

“Of course I do. After all this was your choice of dress. And plus I look good in anything I wear.” She gave a pleasing smile.

“Ok, Miss I-look-good-in-anything-I-wear shall we go?” I asked.

I got out of the car and handed the keys over to the chauffeur and helped Ria out – just like a gentleman. I held her hand so that she doesn’t trip over that gown and those high heels and walked into the restaurant.

The restaurant reminded me of our hotel in Paris. It was as grand as that with a large chandelier in the middle.

“Rohan Sharma.” I told the lady at counter.

“Ahh, Mr and Mrs Sharma, your table is ready.” The lady said and an instant chill of embarrassment ran down my back.

“Mr Sharma, Miss Patel.” Ria corrected her.

“Oh, I’m extremely sorry. My eyes don’t usually lie but you looked like a couple. That’s alright. There’s your table.” The lady pointed towards a table in the corner.

“What do you think that lady meant by ‘my eyes don’t lie’?” Ria asked. I knew what the lady meant but I didn’t want to tell Ria, because otherwise our friendship might get a bit confusing and I really didn’t want that.

“She seemed crazy. Leave it. What do you want to eat?” I quickly changed the topic.

“Anything vegetarian.” She smiled.  “I don’t usually go to classy restaurants like these so I don’t know what to order.”

“Ok I’ll order for you then.” I said as I read through the menu.

Ria