Chapter 26 - The Conference

Ria

That dinner was so awkward. Rohan wanted to say something but he forgot in the time I finished my call with mum. Urgh mum! She always called at the wrong time but yesterday? It was the worst possible time to call! Rohan was getting all serious and I swear, I swear on my unborn children, that I could start to feel some connection between us, but then mum calls and he forgets! Great!

I got undressed and removed my makeup. I had to giggle a bit at that actually, I mean I got all dressed up for what I thought would be a "special" dinner and now I'm here taking it all off. Oh well if I keep thinking like this I'll end up getting a migraine. Tomorrow is a big day, we have to go through a whole day conference and I hate listening to people lecture, so I might as well rest because I will need the energy tomorrow. 

Rohan

Parents, the reason behind practically ruining everything. Why did Ria's parents call at the wrong time? It totally killed the feel. Ok, ok, it's over and I need to get over it too. I better get to sleep because tomorrow I'll have to sit through a boring conference and I'll really need the energy. 

-

I woke up horrified. I had a nightmare that I told Ria how I felt and she slapped me across the face real hard.  It was only five-thirty in the morning but there was no way I could go back to sleep so I just decided to wake up and get ready, if I'm early I'll just wonder around, this place apparently has an adventure park and amazing restaurants.

I got up from the ground – since I fell due to the dream, no, nightmare – and went to the bathroom to have a shower. By the time I got out it was six – I don't usually take this long to have a shower but I don't know why I was just really tired so I took forever. I called up room service and ordered  breakfast. Within 10 minutes the breakfast arrived and as I ate it up I couldn't help but giggle a bit, what had I thought, I had thought that today I would be having breakfast with Ria, not just a friendzoned type of breakfast but like a boyfriend-girlfriend type of one. Oh well, I better get out of this bathrobe that I had on ever since I got out of the shower, and into some suitable clothing for the conference. I wondered if Ria was awake by now.

Ria

I've been awake for the last two hours – since five-thirty – just lying in bed, occasionally changing sides. Just like every day when I had to school or attend lectures at university I had a gut feeling, I don't know what it meant or why I got it, I just did and it was not nice. 

I couldn't take it anymore so I got out of bed and went to get ready. I had to meet Rohan outside the lobby at exactly eight-thirty as the conference began at nine and this time I did not want to be late at any cost.

I'm not a breakfast type of person, so I just skipped all that and got ready. I was completely ready by quarter-past eight. I had my corporate outfit on, very formal and boring. With that I had my LV bag with pens and a pad in it – not to take down notes but to actually draw when I'm bored – and some makeup products to touch up if anything smudges. I still had fifteen minutes so I decided to have some coffee; I called up room service and ordered some. 

Fifteen minutes later we both stepped outside of rooms at the same time.

"Morning" I said trying to be as bright as possible after yesterdays fiasco – when my parents called at the wrong time.

"Morning" He said sounding pretty sad and down. "Ready?" He asked.

"Urghh! Do we have to attend this stupid thing?" I moaned.