Chapter 21 - Ria. What? Nothing.

Ria

I thought that Rohan wouldn’t call after what happened on Friday, but I guess I was wrong. Not only did he call but he sounded really happy too. So I guess this week might not be as boring as I thought it would be, at least he will call and I will have someone to talk to.

It has been a long week. I was stuck at home all week long with Rohan calling at least – I said at least- three times a day. I think on Wednesday he called nine times, was he even doing any work? According to him, when I get back tomorrow everything is going to be different, but I don’t know he sounded a bit odd when he said everything was going to be different. He sounded like what a guy would say to his to-be bride before they get married. Ok, I really have to stop getting my hopes up too high.  Oh well, I have to wait for tomorrow now.

Rohan

I had planned everything out for meeting Ria tomorrow. First I was going to pick her up from her home at the usual time, she would think that we were going to go to office but actually I’m going to take her to Hyde Park and there I’ll tell her how I feel. And according to Karan she loves me too so she wouldn’t slap me like they do in Bollywood movies either. After our love confession I was going to take her out for lunch then, then I don’t know. Oh my God! I didn’t have anything planned after that! What was I supposed to do?

I was still freaking out thinking about what to do next when my phone rang. Who calls at eleven thirty at night?

It was Karan, of course. He was the only one that could call at such stupid times.

“Karan have you seen the time?”

“Yes, but this was urgent-” He began but I cut him off.

“Karan, I’m planning my special day with Ria tomorrow.”

“Well, sorry to tell you but you have an urgent meeting with our international affairs head tomorrow morning.”

“What! Why?”

“I don’t know, he said it was something to do with a conference in Dubai or something.”

“Why did he call you? He could have called me.”

“Rohan, we don’t have time for this. It’s eleven thirty and I think you should take rest. Sorry for ruining your plans for tomorrow.”

“Algoods. Goodnight.” With that I hung up. Not only the phone but I hung up on my hopes of confessing my love to Ria tomorrow.  Well I guess I might as well get some sleep now.

Next morning came by really quick, but I wasn’t even in the mood to get up and go to the meeting. I was so excited to tell Ria how I felt about her and they all ended up down the drain thanks to that international affairs head! I eventually got out of bed and dressed up and headed to pick up Ria.

“Good morning!” She smiled at me. That smile was so bright and welcoming.

“Good morning.” I sounded a bit shaky. Get your act together Rohan!

“Shall we go?” She headed for the passenger’s side. I wanted to tell her so much but not like this, I wanted it to be special. I guess it has to wait then after all, time flies by.

On the way to work we talked about how Ria spent her week and I must say, this girl really needs a life. But it’s alright once she’s with me I’ll make her fun like me.

We got to office soon and Ria headed towards her cabin and I headed towards mine.

“Ria!” I called out, I don’t know why but I just couldn’t control the urge to call out.