Chapter 25 - Parents Ruin Every Situation

Rohan

First stop Atlantis — The Palm. I'd only seen this hotel in movies, but now in real life it looked way more majestic than what they show in movies. We checked in, Ria and my room was on the same floor, just two doors apart. The chauffeurs took our baggage up to our rooms and we set them off with a little bit of tips.

"Let's freshen up and then meet for dinner downstairs?" She asked.

"Can I pick you up?" I said, "I want to look like a gentleman for once." I quickly added that just incase she thinks I'm being a bit dodgy. Also this could be the night. If I be a gentleman to her from the beginning then if I tell her how I feel about her tonight, I could get a positive response. 

"Sure." She said raising an eyebrow.

"Ok see you in thirty minutes." I quickly said and left for my room. 

My room was grand — after all I was the CEO of the year. It had a grand window from which you could see the palm trees below and the beautiful ocean. This was just the view from the living room, the bedroom's view was even more beautiful.

There was a balcony that came out of the main bedroom — there were two — that faced the artificial, yet beautiful beach. The breeze kissed my face as I stood there admiring the scene. The sun was slowly setting into the horizon leaving the sky in an orange and navy blue blanket. I stood there a couple of minutes just looking out as far as I could — it really calmed me — but just then I realised that I promised to pick up Ria in thirty minutes; it had already been fifteen. 

I rushed in and went to have a shower. I shaved of the little stubble that had formed on my face — so that I looked like a true gentleman and put on the formal white shirt and skinny jeans that she packed for me and a little bit of perfume. 

In exactly thirty minutes and twenty-nine seconds of saying bye to her I was at her door once again. I took one good look at myself in the mirror in the hallway before knocking on the door. 

"Five more minutes, Rohan. Sorry" Ria called from inside. Oh great. I swear, all these women are the same; they just cannot possibly get ready on time!  I mean look at me, I got ready in just fifteen minutes and even thirty minutes is too less for her? 

I sat on one of the many tub chairs that were lined in this ancient looking hallway. I hadn't actually realised how scary this hallway actually looks. It had chandeliers (with lights not candles, thank god) stuck to the walls two to three metres apart. There were huge pots with palm trees growing out, and since it was dark it looked haunted. A cold shiver ran down me and I hoped that Ria would come out as quick as possible. 

Ria

 Urghh! I'm so stupid! He told me that he'd be here to pick me up in thirty minutes and I still wasn't ready! Well, mind you, it takes longer for a female to get ready so maybe he shouldn't have said thirty minutes. Well there was no point mentally arguing now, he was already waiting for me outside so I had to get ready as quickly as I could. I put on some eyeliner and winged it in the end and curled my eyelashes a bit and applied mascara. I already had dark eye shadow on so now I had the perfect smokey eyes that matched my elegant black dress that I had on. My hair bounced just below my shoulders in loose curls. I chucked on my high heels and took one last good look at myself before stepping out. 

Rohan

Women are seriously not good at giving times. Ria said she would be out in five minutes and now it's been ten! I stood up to go and knock on her door again. Just as I was about to knock on it, the door opened and there she stood in front of me.