Chapter 38 - Sunset Kiss

Ria

"Oh. My. God. What are you doing here?" Layla asked after our really tight hug.

"You guys know each other?" Aayush asked in surprise.

"Yeah! She's my cousin - the one from New Zealand - remember I told you?" She said.

"Hi, I'm Aayush." He extended his hand to shake with mine, "You have no idea how much I've heard about you."

"Hi, I'm Ria." I shook his hand, "And this is Rohan."

"Rohan Sharma? The Times Magazine's CEO of the year?" Aayush questioned Rohan as he shook hands with him.

"That's me." Rohan said with pride.

"So, what are you doing here?" Layla questioned. It's weird how she hasn't brought up the 'boyfriend' topic, maybe she just thinks that Rohan and I are 'just friends' let's just hope that's the case.

"Uhm, the same reason you're here." I said.

"For Alina's wedding?" She asked the obvious question.

"Yep." I said with a smile.

"How do you know her?" She questioned me further.

Rohan came to my rescue, "Layla, would you mind playing this 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' with Ria in the car? We're getting late now." He said. I must say I let out a slight chuckle at that.

-

"So yeah, how do you know Alina?" She continued her 'Who Want To Be A Millionaire' quiz.

"She's my friend; we work together." I answered.

"And you Rohan?" Aayush asked.

"Actually, both of them work for me." He laughed. "But I'm not from Alina's side, I'm from the groom's side." He said.

"Oh, so you're related to Karan?" Aayush asked the obvious. I wonder how much IQ these two have - like seriously stop asking obvious questions for God's sake!

"Yeah, we're best friends. Like brothers, to be honest." Rohan answered calmly.

"That's nice." Aayush said. An awkward silence followed after that.

"So, Ria. You and Rohan, what's going on?" Layla asked after sometime - to my surprise.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I stammered.

"You know exactly what I mean." She gave me a cheeky smile. I wasn't going spill the beans that easily - not until she told me what was going on between her and Aayush at least.

"I could ask you the same question - what's going on between you and Aayush?" I said.

"He's my boyfriend." She said straight to my face. Damn I must say this girl defiantly has guts!

"And do Kaka [Uncle in Gujarati] and Kaki [Aunty in Gujarati] know?" I asked - although I already knew the answer.

"Nope. I mean who tells their parents nowadays, anyways? I'm sure you haven't told your parents about you and Rohan, right?"

"No." I said embarrassed.

"So you two are dating!" She said in excitement.

"I think it's pretty obvious isn't it, Layla?" Aayush nudged her. "You got yourself a nice one, Ria." Aayush said, "He's rich, good looking and loves you like nobody else matters!"

"How do you know?" Layla asked.

"I can see it in his eyes." Aayush complimented.

"Well, thank you guys. I know we make a perfect couple." Rohan laughed from the front seat.