Disenchantment Sagas

By TheDisenchanter

Everything begins to change on Bean's wedding day when she encounters Luci, a demon sent to curse her life, a... More

The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 1
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and the Wanderer Part 2
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon and The Wanderer Part 3
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon and The Wanderer Part 4
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 5
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 6
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 7
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 8
The Princess, The Elf, the Demon, and The Wanderer Part 9
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 10
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and the Wanderer Part 11
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 12
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 13
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 14
The Princess, The Elf, The Demon and The Wanderer Part 15
Home Sweet Home
Bachelor Party Part 1
Bachelor Party Part 2
Wedding Day
Knight's Of the Zog Table
Bandits of the Plains
Courtyard Spar
Snakeroot Shenanigans Part 1
Snakeroot Shenanigans Part 2
The Underground Tomb Part 1
The Underground Tomb Part 2
The Underground Tomb Part 3
Bounty Hunter Bean Part 1
Bounty Hunter Bean Part 2
Bounty Hunter Bean Part 3
Bounty Hunter Bean Part 4
Bounty Hunter Bean Part 5
Knight's Festival Part 1
Knight's Festival Part 2
Knight's Festival Part 3
Knight's Festival Part 4
Knight's Festival Part 5
Prince Derek
The Confidence with Fairy Dust
Dreamland Babysitter
The Prince, The Demon and The Pig
Party at Number One Castle Drive Part 1
Party at Number One Castle Drive Part 2
Party at Number One Castle Drive Part 3
Party at Number One Castle Drive Part 4
Spooky Campfire Stories
Exotic Insects
Relaxation
Gentle Giantess Part 1
Gentle Giantess Part 2
Gentle Giantess Part 3
The Elf and The Wanderer
Demon Time Part 1
Demon Time Part 2
Demon Time Part 3
Demon Time Part 4
Demon Time Part 5
Dear Freya
Mingle
The Prince out and about
IronHeart Part 1
IronHeart Part 2
IronHeart Part 3

Hilda

92 5 3
By TheDisenchanter

     King Zong of Dreamland woke up feeling refreshed on this fine Friday morning. He let out a loud yawn and stretched his arms. "I feel so refreshed on this fine Friday morning!" said Zog gleefully. He turned to Oona, who was lying on the other side of the bed. "Good morning, my beautiful queen!" He softly patted her side.

Oona waved his hand away, annoyed. "Meh..." she groaned.

"I have my queen, this kingdom, this nice bed, and my—wait, what?" Zog looked at the counter to the right, where he always placed his crown. "Hey! Where is my crown?!" He bellowed. Zog looked forward and saw two little demons standing at the entrance of his bedroom door. One of them had his crown and was playing with it. "HEY! YOU LITTLE RODENTS! GIVE ME BACK MY CROWN!" Zog yanks the covers off and rushes towards them, fully naked.

The demons laughed and ran off down the stone hallways. "Get back here—WHOA!" Zog tripped over a demon lying about in the hallways and began tumbling down the stairs. "OW! OW! OW! DOH! OW! AH! WHY DO WE DESIGN CASTLES WITH SO MANY STAIRS?" He yelped in pain as he kept tumbling until Zog finally met the bottom, where he lay flat on his back in the middle of the stone floor. "Ooooooh..." He groaned.

"Hey, Zog," said Koga, stepping over Zog and continuing on his way.

"ooooweee...." Zog whined.

***

Zog was eventually picked up and taken back to the master bedroom. He lay with an ice pack on his head, surrounded by his family, Bean, Tavish, Derek, and Oona, castle maid bunty, and his royal adviser, Odval. Zog was letting out a whine as bunty wrapped up Zog's head with some bandages.

"There, there, Your Majesty, you're going to be just fine," Bunty reassured as she tightened the bandages.

Zog let out a yelp. "Jeez bunty, would you take it easy!"

"It depends if my next pay bounces," She replied sweetly as she walked out of the room.

Zog let out a miserable sigh as his head hit the pillow. "We have to do something about those cats. They lounge around, get in the way, steal food, and make snarky remarks at my weight!"

"That doesn't sound any different from what we normally do," said Bean.

"At first, I liked having them around the castle. Then they started stealing my drugs," said Oona. 

"We could have animal control come to the castle and get rid of these rodents," Odval suggested. "There should be enough to round them up, although I heard that they are short-handed since they still have trouble dealing with that bear spotted on the outskirts of Dreamland."

"No, not animal control!" said Derek. "Do you know what happens to animals that they take?"

"Yeah, to a nice farm where they can all live happily ever after frolicking in the flowers with their new owners!" said Zog, smiling.

Derek frowned at him. "Father, even I know that's not true,"

"What is that not what happens?" Zog said, confused.

That's when Bean's eyes widened with a sudden realization. "Oh my god, I have an idea!" she blurted out. "Why don't we gather up all of the dem—I mean, gather up all of the cats and just give them to the townsfolk who want them?"

Derek gleams. "That's a part of my socialist utopia idea!"

"Derek, please, enough of that nonsense," Odval scowled. "Socialism...ugh."

"Sister, I don't believe anyone in this kingdom would want one of these...cats," said Tavish.

"Everyone loves cats!" said Bean, thrilled. "I mean, who doesn't like getting free stuff? Annnnnd...it'll make you look good among the townsfolk Tav. Just picture it: The prince of Dreamland giving out adorable pets to everyone; it'll be great!"

Tavish pondered on the thought. "Well, maybe having a pet wouldn't be too bad. It's worth a try."

Bean turns to Zog. "What do you think dad—"

"Quiet, sweetie, I just got an idea!" Zog stated. "Let's round up all the cats in the kingdom and hand em out to the townsfolk! And get this: We'll do it for free! That'll make me look great!"

Bean and Tavish glared at their father.

Zog looks at them, confused. "What? Don't get mad because you two didn't come up with the idea first. Now, where's my leftover turkey?"

***

Rounding up the demons in the castle was difficult, especially when getting the violent ones. One of the knights lost a finger to the sub-demon, chopper, who bit it clean off, and another demon named Dagger, who tricked a knight into falling to his death. Other demons were willing to come with the knights due to their boredom and desire for something new. The last remaining bunch had difficulty capturing until Tavish stepped in and used his magic to make the remaining demons obedient.

"Ok, you have to teach me how to use my magic one of these days," said Bean. "Especially controlling demons. I can get Luci to do the goofiest things."

"And it'll be the last thing you'll ever do," Luci threatened.

Once the gang had rounded up all the demons, Harold was sent out into town to announce to its citizens, and he began his announcement. "HEAR YE! HERE YE! IN THE WORDS OF KING ZOG, THERE ARE FREE CATS AT THE CASTLE! IF YOU WANT A FREE CAT COME BY THE CASTLE! COME AND GET YOUR FREE—ARGH!" The citizens trampled over Harold, making their way to the gates of Dreamland. "H-Here y-ye...here ye...I am in a lot of pain!"

The crowd of citizens all stood in the courtyard as Bean, Tavish, Derek, Elfo, and Kog handed out the demons to them. One kid took a demon into his arms and hugged it tightly.

"He's so cuuute!" said the little girl as she walked off. Tavish handed a kid his demon and held it close. "Maybe this will help me get over my excruciating hunger!" He said, leaving with his parents.

"You don't think this is a bad idea?" Elfo asked Koga quietly. "I mean...handing out literal demons to families?"

Koga shrugs. "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?"

Bean hands a little girl a demon. "Here you go!" She said happily.

The little girl takes the demon and shouts, "Yay, my first pet!" She hugs the demon. The demon whispers, "Kill your parents, Milly..." The little girl's eyes widen, and she looks at the demon, confused. "What?"

Once Tavish gave out another demon, his eyes panned to the crowd. He let out a small gasp when he caught a glimpse of pink hair from afar. Hilda, along with Ruppert and Tuppence, were heading towards the stand.

Bean had placed her empty basket away and asked, "Hey, Tav, can you hand me the next basket?" She waited for his reply. "Tav?" She turned around and saw that he was gone. "Huh? Hey, where did Tavish go?"

"He was standing there a second ago," Elfo replied.

"Hey, Bean!" said Hilda.

"Oh, hey, Hilda!" Bean smiled at her. "Want a free cat?"

"I want one!" said Rupert, excitedly.

Elfo would walk over to Rupert and hand him a small sub-demon. "Here you go!"

"Awww, look at her! She's precious! I'm going to name you Teenie!" Rupert pats the demon's head softly.

The demon smacks his hand away. "My name is Mileena. I like foot rubs and long baths in molten hot lava. Oh, and I love eating seagulls—LOTS of seagulls." She licked her lips.

"How did you all end up with all of these?" Hilda asked, glancing at the demons.

"Oh, you know, you take one in, and they all start showing up," Bean shrugged. "So we all decided to get together and give them away!"

"Everyone except Tavish, huh?"

"W-Well...he was here a second ago. Then he just disappeared."

Hilda looked down. "I see. Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. We're going to leave you all be. We'll see you later, Beanie," She turned around and left with Rupert and Tuppence.

Bean frowned as she watched Hilda walk off. Then, Bean heard the sound of someone sneezing. The noise came from below her. She walked off the stand and looked under to see Tavish sitting there. Tavish stared at Bean in shock, and she stared back angrily.

"O-Oh, Bean!" Tavish crawls from under the stand. "I was umm...I was just checking to see if the stand is stable!" He examines the wood closely. "Hmmm, everything seems to be in order."

Bean didn't respond. She crossed her arms and gave him THE LOOK.

"What? I'm telling the truth! Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You avoided Hilda, didn't you?"

Tavish wanted to act as though he didn't know that she was there, but he would only be burying himself even further if he did so. The prince signed, "I...I don't know what came over me..." He rubs his head.

"What the hell, Tav?!" Bean shouted. "That's twice now that you avoided her. What's your deal?!"

Tavish looked shameful. "I...it's just..." He sighed and rubbed between his eyes. "I can't see her Bean. You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me," The Princess replied.

Tavish looked at her sister, and then his eyes met the ground. He sighed once more. "I can't face her, Bean. Not after what happened the last time I saw her..."

Bean raised a brow, and she uncrossed her arms. "Last time?"

"It was when I had just turned seventeen. Hilda and I were alone talking. I told her about all my plans for Dreamland when I became king. Hilda commented on me needing a queen and..."

"And?"

"I kissed her..."

Bean's eyes widened. "You kissed Hilda?!"

Tavish nods with flushed cheeks. "It was a spur-of-the-moment thing! I bottled all these feelings about her and acted on them without thinking!"

"Oh my god, Tavish, you kissed her and then stopped talking to her for...FOR YEARS!"

"I didn't mean to be that way!" Tavish yelled. "I...so much happened and..."

"And now, you're not even trying to talk to her because you're acting like a coward," Bean scolded.

Tavish lowered his head in shame. "I don't know if I can face her..."

"Are you just going to let her continue to hurt for the rest of her life? Or are you going to man up and see her?" She asked.

Tavish looked at her sister. Of course, she was right. He couldn't keep doing this to her anymore. It was time for him to face her after all this time.

***

The twins left the castle and headed into town. The whole time, Tavish looked nervous and on edge. The prince was never good at hiding how nervous he looked. The entire time he was walking, he looked stiff and awkward.

Bean nudged him and said, "Jeez, Tavish, ease up. You look ridiculous,"

"I can't help it!" said Tavish.

Bean scoffed and shook her head. That's when she saw Hilda stepping out of a building carrying a broad bucket of soaked clothes. Hilda wore a shabby grey dress, and her usual pigtail hairstyle was worn down to shoulder length. "There she is!" said Bean, pointing at her. "Ok, Tav, just go greet her!" She shoved him forward.

Tavish stared at her. He watched as she placed her laundry down and began washing it. The prince looked at her bright pink hair, soft tan skin, and piercing brown eyes. He wanted to speak to her, laugh with her, hold her. But...his fear was getting the best of him, and he stepped back. "I...I can't...I can't do this..." He quivered.

Bean placed a tight grip on Tavish's right shoulder. "Yes. You. Are."

Tavish looked at her hand. "W-What are you doing?"

Bean picked Tavish up with ease and hurled him over to Hilda. Tavish landed flat on his back, and his head hit the laundry bucket and tip over, causing the water to fall on his face. Hilda let out a loud gasp and sprang to her feet. "T-Tavish?" She stuttered.

Tavish snaps his eyes open, and he quickly gets to his feet. "H-Hilda!"

The two stood there, staring at each other. It was the first time they had seen each other in so many years, and they were at a loss for words.

"Uh...uh..." Tavish couldn't process his words. Hilda stared into his bright blue eyes, trying to gather her thoughts. "You look great!" he smiled awkwardly at her.

At that moment, Hilda looked at Tavish as though he was a bumbling idiot.

"I-I mean, um...how do you do Hilda? It's been a while! Your hair looks exquisite!" Tavish began sweating.

"You're covered in laundry water," said Hilda. "Come in." He grabbed his hand and took him into her home. Hilda hurried past Tavish, grabbed her laundry bucket, and stepped back inside, stomping her feet.

"H-Hilda—MMF!" Before Tavish could speak, Hilda tossed a dry towel at his face.

"Dry yourself off," said Hilda, coldly.

"Thank you..." Tavish replied sincerely. He looked at her clothes. "Sorry about that..."

Hilda ignored him as she filled her laundry bucket with fresh water.

Tavish dried out his hair with the towel. His eyes began scanning Hilda's living room. Everything was so organized, with books in alphabetical order and items that looked very expensive and were hung proudly on the wall. Tavish's eyes landed on a particular item placed on Hilda's nightstand. It was a pink pearl.

"You...you still have it," Tavish murmured.

"Sit," said Hilda, placing a chair in the middle of the room.

"What?"

"Sit," She grabbed his shoulders and forced him to sit in the chair. She takes the towel off his head, revealing his snowy white hair. Hilda picked up a pair of scissors and began cutting Tavish's hair. "You haven't had a proper haircut, I see..."

"Oh, um, no, I haven't," said Tavish. "So much has been going on that I've neglected grooming myself."

"I'm shocked to even see you out of the castle,"

Tavish chuckled. "I know...it's a big surprise..."

"How's royal work been?"

"It's...been tiresome...very tiresome," Tavish said quietly

"I see..." Hilda replied softly as she combed his hair.

"What about you?" The prince asked.

"I've been making it," Hilda replied somberly. "Although the thief's work isn't exciting anymore. I've been thinking about opening my own business."

"That sounds wonderful. Maybe I can hel—"

"Don't worry about it," she replied quickly. "I'll do fine. Rupert and Tuppence will help me out."

"Who?"

"Friends I met after you and Bean left,"

"Oh..."

Tavish looked over at the pearl on the knight stand. "You still kept the pearl,"

Hilda looked over at the pearl. "Oh, yeah, I did. It's pretty. I couldn't part with it..." Hilda placed down her scissors. "Done..."

"Already?"

Hilda handed Tavish a mirror. He looked at his haircut. The back of his hair was shorter, and his bangs were adequately even. "Wow...thank you, Hilda. It's been a while since you cut my hair, huh?" He turned to her and saw that she was already preparing her laundry.

"You can go now," said Hilda.

Tavish got up from his seat and faced Hilda. "Hilda...I've...I've been wanting to talk to you—"

"We talked; you can go,"

"No, Hilda," Tavish walked closer to her. "Listen...I wanted to apologize for—"

"Is that right?" Hilda snapped her eyes onto Tavish. What, have you got tired of finally avoiding me? Oh wait, let me guess: That princess isn't treating you so well? Ooh, now you want to talk to me, right? Is that it?" She spat, her eyes full of anger.

"Hilda, I—"

"Do you know how much I've been wanting to see you? I've tried to see you for so long, Tavish. The thought of being with you again was...was...UGH! I don't even know how to feel right now. I don't know if I should be happy or angry or...or..." Hilda rubbed her head, frustratingly. Her bottled-up emotions were seeping out, yet she was repressing them.

Tavish lowered his eyes. The two were quiet for a moment before Hilda spoke.

"I missed you so much..." Hilda turned to Tavish, her eyes watery. "All I've wanted was to see you again. But...you didn't want to see me anymore."

"That's not true...I've always wanted to see you..."

"Then why didn't you try?!" Tears fell down Hilda's cheeks.

"Because...I was ashamed of myself," Tavish sat back on the chair. "When I saw how the kingdom turned out, I was determined to become king and try to steer Dreamland in the right direction. I kept pushing myself to improve, but...while doing so, I realized...I was losing myself in my obsession. I...I neglected the ones who cared for me the most. I neglected Bean, who needed me during our mother's absence. And I...I neglected you, Hilda. I was scared to see you...because I was afraid of what I'd become...I felt so far gone that I didn't feel like myself anymore. I felt like I was someone else. I couldn't face you...even when I wanted to see you so much..."

"Tavish..." Hilda's tears were rushing down her cheeks. "I..."

Tavish reached forward and grasped her hands. "Hilda...I know I hurt you. I know you're angry at me, and rightfully so. I'm so sorry for the pain I caused you. I...I..."

Hilda suddenly leaned forward, and their lips met. Tavish's eyes widened as she felt her soft lips pressed against his. She pulled away, and the two looked at each other in the eyes. "That's enough talking..." She whispered. She wrapped her arms around Tavish and pressed her lips against his. Tavish sat up from his chair and brought her closer. The loving and gentle kiss turned into a passionate, heated kiss. His hands glided up and down her waist, and Hilda brushed her hand through Tavish's hair. Finally, the two broke away and panted.

"You're not going to kiss me and leave again, are you?" Hilda asked. Her eyes fixated on Tavish's.

"Never...I'll never leave you, Hilda..." said Tavish, gently rubbing her cheek.

"Good..." Hilda kissed him once more. Tavish leaned forward into the kiss, and the two ended up on the bed, with Tavish on top of Hilda. She broke away from the kiss and looked at Tavish, her eyes gleaming. Her heart raced as he placed his hand on her cheek and slowly slid it down to her chest. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as he did this. "Tavish..." she hushed.

"Hilda...I..."

"It's ok..." She opened her eyes and stared at him. "Please...don't stop..."

The two shared another kiss and lost themselves in their love till nightfall. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498 3 14
This is Season 2. Please read Season 1 first if you don't want to feel completely lost. "Miitopianime!"-Putting the high in high fantasy! This show i...
4.4K 180 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
1.9K 27 17
"Miitopianime!"-Putting the high in high fantasy! This show is based on the Nintendo game "Miitopia" but lacks the family-friendly quality. Miitopia...
1.3K 73 14
Avelina lives the average life of studying magic, picking up demons from hell, and living in the beautiful country of Maru. Where she's raised by her...