Best Mistake

بواسطة allhailqueendani

"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confus... المزيد

Chapter One: City of Angels
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Character List
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One.

Chapter Forty-Two

183 4 1
بواسطة allhailqueendani

Pretty little bird
Pretty little bird
You've hit the window a few times

You pretty little bird
Pretty little bird
You still ain't scared of no heights
When the spiral down feels as good as the flight up
When hating you feels good for the night
When the morning comes I hope you're still mine

Sza - Pretty Little Birds

"Wake up...angel." Fernando hummed, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb, and I opened my eyes, groaning with exhaustion.

"Morning beautiful." he said, pushing some hair out of my face and I smiled softly.

"Morning." I whispered, snuggling further in to his chest.

"I know you're tired, but I have to get up." he spoke, his words making me groan.

"Just a few more minutes." I muttered, my arms tightened around him as I stuffed my face in his neck, inhaling his scent.

He chuckled lightly.

"I would love for you to stay in my arms all day, but, I have some important business to handle, and I can't put it off." He informed, and I grumbled, forgetting for the slightest moment that he had some stupid sit down to attend.

"Jazmin." He rubbed my arms, hoping I would loosen them. But I didn't. I would rather not leave his embrace, at least not yet.

Next thing I know, I'm being lifted from the bed and carried bride style. "Where are we going?" I questioned, my arms never dropping from around his neck.

"Well, you refuse to detach yourself from me, so I have no choice but to bring you to the shower with me."

"Oh, okay." I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder as we entered the shower.

Showering took all of twenty minutes between the two of us. Leaving the bathroom, my exhaustion, and need to be in his arm had slowly begun to simmer.

"I'm going to head into my room. Brush my teeth and get dressed." I informed him, while tightening his robe around my body. It fit loosely, but the soft cotton on my skin was most comfortable.

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs," Fernando replied, using a towel to dry his dark hair.

"How about a kiss before I go?" I asked, my lips puckered up, ready for him to lay a smooch on them.

"Mhm..." He hummed, looking down at me, "You should probably hit that mouth wash first." He proposed a hint of playfulness to his tone, yet I gasped, slapping his wet chest.

"My breath doesn't smell so bad that you would deny me a kiss ..."

"... or does it?" my eyes widened, and I brought my hand up to cover my mouth.

"No, it does not." He removed my hand.

"But you just said—"

"I spoke nothing of the sort." He replied, pressing a gentle peck to the back of it.

"Sure ..." I said, covering my hurt with a smile that probably didn't meet my eyes.

"You're too sensitive for your own good," He muttered, placing a soft kiss on my wrist.

"I. Am. Not. Sensitive" I said, in protest. "... than again, you much rather kiss my wrist than my lips. " I pouted slightly.

Suddenly, he reached out, cuffing my face in his grip, my eyes drawn to him as he leaned forward and laid a fervent kiss on my lips.

His hands finding my wild tresses, forcing my head back, and he spat into my mouth. I "hmph" in surprise but swallowed promptly and, like every time before, his barbaric behavior turns me on. My thighs clenched together, as heat radiated between my legs, spreading through my lower abdomen like a wildfire that could not be ignored.

"Good girl," He purrs, and my heart spins like a top in my chest.

Those mesmerizing eyes focus on my face; I honestly couldn't think straight enough to speak, but forced out a quiet, " Thank you." the shakiness in my tone didn't go unnoticed and I watched as the corners of his mouth formed a small smirk, and his voice sounded gruff as he spoke a reminder." I couldn't care less about morning breath. I'm a kinky fuck, remember?"

******

"Hey you." Leia greeted me as I joined her in the dining room.

"Morning." I beamed as I sat down at the table, awaiting was a spread like every morning before. There was cut fruit, berries, scrambled and sunny- side-up eggs, cinnamon rolls, bacon, a French press of coffee, and what looked like grits with cheese. I was starving, so everything look absolutely appetizing.

"You look pleasant." Leia compliments, which earned herself a smile.

"Thank you," I told her, as I pulled back my chair and sat down. Seconds later, Fernando walked through the threshold, greeting his dear sister before coming over to me.

"Hola." He said, placing a soft kiss on top of my head before sitting down.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

A loud squeal ripped through the room, drawing our attention away from each other. "Holy cow. You two made up!!" Leia's eyes widened as she stared at us.

I couldn't contain the grin that reached my face at her discovery.

"Uh, yeah, sort of." I answered. Leia squealed once more, but this time she was hopping up and down like some kind of schoolgirl.

"Leia, would you settle down and stop acting like a court jester?" Fernando shook his head as he buttered his toast.

"Fine, but I'm just so happy for you!" Leia replied, as she pulled back her chair and sat down." I knew you would get back together, every iconic duo finds a way too,"

"Allie and Noah, Romeo and Juliet, Rose and Jack ..." she exclaimed, and the names she listed made my ears perk up.

"Oh dear, god, no! Those are not good comparisons." I spoke, concern heavy in my voice.

Challenge sparks in her eyes, signaling that this conversation is quickly about to take a nosedive.

"How come? " She questions, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"The point that every one of those stories either or two ways with the main characters hurt or dead! "

"What are we even talking about here?" Fernando chimed in, sitting his phone down on the table.

"Leia thinks we're going to crash and burn, that our relationship will end bad as opposed to good."

"Well, that's not great."

"My point exactly."

"Don't be dramatic. I did not say that." Leia glances off to the side, seeming to look to something, before she rolls her eyes.

"What did you mean?"

"Yes, do tell, sister." Fernando inquired.

"My point was ... simple, that you two have a bond that can withstand just about anything."

"Oh."

Our discussion was interrupted as Mateo made his presence known. "Morning." the brute of a man greeted as he walked through the threshold.

"Morning." everyone responded in synchronization.

"Ready?" Mateo shot a look over to Fernando, who was taking one last sip from his coffee mug.

"Yes." He replied, sitting his cup down on the table and pushing back his chair to stand.

"Already? You hardly touched your food." I frowned.

"I know, but the coffee will hold me over for a while."

"Okay but, can I atleast see you out?"

"Couldn't tell you no if I wanted to." he grinned, helping me out of my seat.

"Farewell, hermano." Leia waved her brother goodbye as we headed out of the dining area.

Meanwhile, at the door, I found that my concern had not yet gone away but was boiling over to the surface.

"Should we pray?" I asked, making Fernando chuckle, meanwhile Mateo, who was standing nearby, sucked his teeth.

"Oh, for goodness' sake, you do have a flair for the dramatics. The man will not die. He's been in this situation more than enough time. If god wanted him dead, he'd be decomposed right now as we speak."

"Mateo, will you shut the fuck and get out of here."

"Fine, I'll wait out-fucking-side. Have your goodbye kiss, but don't take too long." By now I'm sure my face drains of color before turning bright red. He slams the door behind him.

Fernando turns to me and says, "A goodbye kiss, then?" with a smile that would turn my panties wet if I were wearing any.

Really, it's not fair how good-looking he is. It's completely and totally disarming. I'm always fighting with everything I've got to keep my walls.

"Fernando?"

"Yes, angel?"

"Be careful, okay?"

"I will. Now, enough with the worrying." He cups my face tenderly with one hand and dips down to just barely brush his lips against mine.

"Be good, will you?"

"Okay."

Hours Later

"I'm hungry." Leia announced we were now in her bedroom watching a little television, counting down the hours until Fernando's return.

"Me too. I wonder what's good in the fridge?" I spoke up.

"No, not anything in the kitchen!" A'Leia groaned, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Takeout then?"

"Mhm, let's go to dinner at an actual restaurant."

"That's an idea, but how will we get there?" I questioned. There were guards all over the place. There was no way we were making it out of this place without getting caught.

"I have a plan." Leia announced, sitting up.

Sometime later, I found myself dressed in a trendy solid crop tube top and pencil skirt set in a nude hue. It fit my body splendidly, the top pressed my breast and the bottom hugged my curves. Heeled sandals in the color black was my preference of shoes, but of course, I wasn't wearing them to reduce noise as Leia and I attempted to sneak out the sliding back door.

Despite the cool temperature, my forehead beads with sweat. My eyes zero in on the exit in front of me, scanning the wall next to it in case there's an alarm pad. Surprisingly, there isn't... I guess few people were stupid enough to fuck with a man like Fernando.

"Going somewhere?" Our movement came to a halt as a familiar voice spoke. Looking behind me at Victor, Leia's personal guard, I dropped my heels down, and kicked them behind me to hide them.

"No." Leia answered, and he corked up an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Hmm." He hummed, as he pondered what to say next.

"Then why are you dressed up?" He questioned, eyeing at our appearance, noticing the extensive change.

"Can't a girl just pamper herself? I mean, being under house arrest doesn't mean I have to let myself go."

"Yes, but was enlisting Miss Biltmore in your antics necessary..." He pointed at me, not believing a single word she said.

"She wanted too!"

"Did she now?"

"Well— "I went to explain, but he cut me off.

"You should really be in your rooms."

"We'll be alright." Leia waved him off.

"I understand that, señora. It's just that it's late, and we're on high alert."

"I understand the extent of this situation, but we just want to lounge by the pool for a while and take some cute pictures, or are we not allowed to do that?"

"Of course, it's just if you're contemplating doing something ill-considered, I suggest you don't. Now is not the time to be running off," he scolded.

"Of course, padre." A'Leia said, sarcastically, and his face remained firm in expression as he took one last glance at her before bringing his views to me. -Father-

"You shouldn't be out here alone."

"I'll send for Jax."

"God, Victor. I know you take your job seriously, but she does not need a guard to lounge by the damn pool. Go back to your post!" Leia snarled, and my eyes widened. I'd never seen her show any signs of anger, so I was surprised.

"Si, señora." He bowed his head in acknowledgment before walking away.

"Well, shit. That was way easier than I anticipated." I shook my head.

"Yes. It's good, to know I still hold some weight around here." she smirked, and a small giggle passed my lips.

Once outside, we waited by the pool for some time until we were sure, we weren't being watched under scrutiny. "Let's go," A'Leia announced, grasping my arm and I hurriedly bent down to pick up my heels. I followed behind her as she dragged me out towards the desert.

If I hadn't trusted her, I would've thought this was a shit plan. We walked a suitable distance from the house before spotting a highway and awaiting us on the asphalt road, where Morgan and Paris parked in a drop top.

"Qué pasa, señoras!" Raven greeted, enthusiastically, and two hunks from the horn was heard as we approached the vehicle. -What's up, ladies-

"Shut up. The guards could hear you." Leia rolled her eyes as she dropped her bag into the front seat before getting in. I reach for the back door handle, clutching it but not opening it as I thought of all the perspective ways tonight could go terribly wrong.

"Girl, what are you waiting for? Get in!" Paris voice broke me from my thoughts, and I hadn't realized all three sets of eyes were now on me.

"Sorry." I uttered, putting my worries to the side, deciding to just enter.

Once in the back seat, Paris turned on the car ... making the engine roar, and the girls cheered in response.

Paris sped off, and I reveled in the cool breeze as it fanned my face. My head rested on the back of my seat, as I wondered what Fernando was up to, or if he was safe. A knot produced itself in my stomach at the thought of him being in danger.

"Is it okay if I smoke?" Morgan's voice invades my ears, interrupting my concerned thoughts.

"No." I shook my head. I watched her pull a vape pen out of her clutch, A grimace of revulsion almost reached my face at the sight of the electronic cigarette, but I refrained... Not wanting to offend her. Morgan was a pretty girl, too pretty to have such a nasty little habit.

"You realize those things will kill you." Leia looked back at her in disgust.

"I know. So will alcohol, too much sugar and my husband when he finds out I snuck out."

"Don't worry, it's totally going to be worth it when you discover where we're going?" Paris spoke, I could see the sly smile on the side of her face as she focused on the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my mouth watering at the prospect of smothering tacos in some sour cream.

"Serenade!"

"As in Club Serenade? I thought you said we were going to eat." I asked Leia.

"I told a white lie, well, more so left out a few details." Leia confessed, and I gasped.

"Leia, I'm starving. Moreover, this is very irresponsible, risky behavior."

"We'll just drop in and be gone before anyone notice, then we can go grab some food. I promise!"

"Fine." I exhaled, feeling the heat rise in my face. Something in my gut told me this was a bad idea, but I didn't protest. My curiosity now outweighs my fear of getting caught.

                                       ******

******

"Shot's!" Paris screamed over the loud music. We had a booth, on the floor, but was very close to the main stage. The room was filled with people in every direction.

"What you all want to drink?" Leia asked.

"I'm game for anything," I told her.

"Same!" Morgan responded. Leia ordered the drinks. We did not know what she got, but regardless, I knew tonight could easily turn into a damn movie if we let it.

"I love it here already!" Paris declared, drawing our thought to her.

"I wonder who's going to be the lucky guy tonight." Morgan retorted.

"I'm already scouting. Two guys at the bar..." she answered, and all our awareness directed toward the bar, where two individuals stood, one looking over into our section at her.

"God, he's hot. He reminds me of Breaux." Paris drooled.

"Who is Breaux?"

"My fiancé."

"Wait, you're not single?" I asked, and the girls snickered.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, honey, you didn't. I'm not single, I'm engaged to be married." Paris explained.

"Ooh...so do all of you partake in those activities? Cheat on your partners, I'm not judging, if you do." I glanced at the Leia and Morgan, they shook their head's no.

"No, just me. "Paris claimed, my eyebrows furrowed. "Well, technically it's not cheating me, and my fiancé have an open relationship."

"Oh, okay." I spoke, nodding.

"Now that that's settled, Morgan, may you do the honors?"

"I can't be your wing woman tonight. Felix would kill me if he found out... And I'm in enough trouble as it is." Morgan declined.

"Boo." Paris blew a raspberry." You suck."

"Jazmin?" she brought her gaze to me.

"I'll do it." Leia offered, before I could speak.

"Cool, follow my lead."

"I know how this goes." Leia says as they get up to approach the guys.

We observed as the girls conduct their moves over at the bar, This seemed to be going well, and we went on to watch them for a while before Morgan and I made our way to the dance.

We took turns twirling each other around the dance floor, just playing around, when I felt a tall figure come behind me and I watched as Morgan immediately stopped laughing. The person placed their hand on my exposed waist, and I spun around, coming face to face with my ex-boyfriend, Zachariah.

"You've got to be kidding me," I inwardly groaned.

"Hello, Jazmin."

"Zac."

"You look beautiful tonight. Better than any girl in here," He slurred, and I inhaled the heavy liquor on his breath, causing me to grimace in disgust.

"What are you even doing here? Don't you have a wife and offspring at home?"

"You were the one who was supposed to be my wife and have my child." He leaned into my face regretfully, and I immediately leaned away from him.

"You're drunk and making a spectacle of yourself. Go home, sober up," I told him, turning around to walk off when he grabbed my arm.

"Get off me!" I snatched it away and was about to tell him off when Morgan interfere.

"Hey, leave her alone, asshole, before I have to pepper spray you." Morgan threatened, pushing me behind her before reaching into her clutch and fishing out her can of mace.

"Alright...Alright, no harm, no foul." Zac insisted, placing his hands up in defense and I shook my head.

"See you around, Jazmin," He uttered, shooting me one last glance before walking away. Where to? Who knows? As long as he was leaving me alone, I couldn't care less about his whereabouts.

"Are you okay?" Morgan asked, concerned.

"Perfect." I exclaimed, forcing a smile.

"Who was that?"

"No One Important." I grit my teeth, not wanting to talk about that idiot any more than necessary.

"Uh, okay, we should head back to our table?"

"Yeah, of course. But first I have to go pee..." I told her, but really I just wanted to get away from the chaos and clear my head.

She nodded in response. "Should I come with you?"

"No. I'll be fine" I assured, before walking away. I fought through the thick sea of bodies with the urgency to get to the restroom.

When I made it, I entered and shut the door behind me...I groaned, leaning my head back against the door. Why was Zac here? Seeing him after our discussion in my office was not on my itinerary for tonight, but then again, nothing about this night was on my itinerary.

I was stupid for coming.

I forced my fingers through my thick hair,
tugging slightly as if it would help me sort through my thought, It wouldn't. Looking over in the mirror, I looked nice, but I didn't feel nice. I was hot, bothered, and this club was making me feel claustrophobic.

I put my anxiousness aside, moved into the first stall and locked it behind me... After handing my business, I grab my purse and go to exit the stall only to be pushed back inside by Zac.

"Zac, what are you-" I didn't get to finish as he pressed me to the wall and kissed me.

Instantly, I shoved him away from me and stumbled back in surprise, seeing his dark and cold eyes. This was not the same man from earlier. In the blink of an eye, his hand reached out and gripped my upper arm painfully, making me wince.

"You bitch." He growled, and I screamed as he snatched me out of the stall.

"You're such a cunt. Always have been, Always will be." He hissed, and a feeling of anger, fear, and hatred overwhelmed me.

"Fuck you," I spat in his face, and quickly braced myself for a slap. But instead, he wipes it off with his hand.

"That really hurt my feelings, Jazzy ..." He says, before slamming me up against the wall, and I let out a light cry in pain. The back of my head was throbbing and his tightening grip on my arms would definitely leave a bruise.

"Zac please ..." I whimpered, hoping there was any ounce of the man who cared for me still in there somewhere.

"Finally, the queen has stepped down from her pedestal ..." His eyes narrowed, and his hands slides up my waist, making me wince in disgust.

"... Will you be getting down on your knees for me as well?" Then one of his palms slides to cup my braless breast, teasing the nipple through my shirt, and the other slips inside the front of my skirt.

"Stop..." I shuddered, but kept my eyes closed, feeling his lips against the skin of my neck.

"Don't act like this isn't what you want. In fact, this is precisely what you wanted from the day I stepped foot in your office."

"No..." I shook my head, fat tears brimming my eyes.

"No? If it's not so, then, why did you accept those flowers?"

"Wh-What?" My eyes shot open and confusion clouded my mind. The only flowers I'd receive were the ones Ashley had brought to me on the day of the debutante ball, and at that moment realization dawned on me ...

Fernando wasn't responsible for sending me those flowers, Zac in fact was, and my blood ran cold.

"You're delusional." I spat. The words are acidic and bitter like bile as they crawl their way out.

"Oh, yeah!" He bellowed as his hands began fiddling with the buckle of his belt. "We'll see just how delusional I am, after I'm done with you,"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
2.3M 83.6K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
110K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...