RWBY team COMBAT

By johnmr01

When five guy meet each other and find out their all bin kicked out unwanted and a nobody but when they work... More

Bio
Bruticus
The C-TEAM
Team COMBAT song
How we got to beacon
The First Step
The Emerald Forest
Players and Pieces
The Badge and The Burden
Jaunedice
Forever Fall
The Stray
Black and White
Best Day Ever
Welcome to Beacon
Painting the Town
Burning the Candle
Dance Dance Infiltration
Field Trip
Search and Destroy
Mountain Glenn
No Brakes
Breach
COMBINE for round one
Featst
It's Brawl in the Family
Lessons Learned
Never Miss a Beat
Fall: Onslaught vs Sun
PvP
Battle of Beacon
Heroes and Monsters
End of the Beginning
Rose and feathers 2
FireRocket and snowflakes
RPG and shotguns
Leader, Monkey and a Cat
The sly Fox in the White fang
A Fox, Cat, Monkey and a leader
Bird, feather, rose, ninja, knight, hammer
Reunion
Fight for the lamp
The brothers reunited
Argus Limited
Uncovered
So That's How It Is
The Coming Storm
Alone in the Woods
The Grimm Reaper
Dead End
Lost
Stealing from the Elderly
The Lady in the Shoe
Seeing Red
Our Way
The Greatest Kingdom
A New Approach
Ace Operatives
Pomp and Circumstance
Sparks
A Night Off
Worst Case Scenario
Cordially Invited
As Above, So Below
Out in the Open
Gravity
With Friends Like These
The Enemy of Trust
Divide
Ruby team
Jail time
Team Yang
Ultimatum
Risk
Creation
Worthy Of These Final Word

A feather of a rose

76 2 0
By johnmr01

(To the sound of blowing wind, the scene cuts to a shot of blue sky above a green forest. There are a few shots inside the forest before Nora is heard speaking)

Nora: I'm just sayin'...

(Nora and Ren emerge from behind a tree, walking together)

Nora:...there's more members of JNPR in this team than RWBY and COMBAT. It just makes sense to go with that one.

Ren: But "junior" isn't a color.

Nora: (groaning) How can I be more clear?

(Nora puts out her hands and the letters JNRRV pop into existence. She points to the first three)

Nora: One, two, three. That's more than one.

(She points to the R)

Ren: But we're helping Ruby with her objective. And vortex is the second in command of his team.

(Ren holds out his hand and the letters RNVJR pop into existence. Behind him, Jaune is crouched and watching something)

Ren: (pointing to the first R) Wouldn't that make her the leader?

Jaune: Guys!

Vortex: Stop thinking about what name to give us.

(Ren and Nora turn their heads toward him)

Jaune: We need to focus.

(The letters pop out of existence)

Jaune: Also, JNRRV is way cooler.

Nora: Exactly!

Vortex: Um yeah hey um why is Ruby doing this when you already have a member who can fly.

Ren: I see your point.

(There's is soon a rumble)

Jaune: It's here.

(Scene changes to Ruby flying backwards from trees but as she about to hit the trees Vortex fly up and catches her)

Ruby: Thanks vortex best this is the best strategy!

(Vortex then evades the Grimm attack as it try's to hit him with its stone arm he then drops Ruby as she uses her semblance to zipp by. Jaune, Ren, and Nora look up)

Jaune: Let's get that thing off her.

(Jaune runs toward them. Ren jumps up into the trees)

Nora: Don't forget me!

(Nora pulls out Magnhild and shoots it at the ground, propelling herself into the air with excited whooping. She lands right besides Ren in his branch)

Ren: We need to draw its attention away from Ruby! And vortex!

Vortex: Don't worry about me this think cant even hit me.

(I say as I take out both of my Uzi and fire them. Then a stream of rose petals, Ruby flies past them)

Ruby: Could use some help!

(Nora shoots the Grimm in the back. Ren hops around on branches. The Grimm tries to hit Ren. Ren runs up its rock arm, flies into the air, and comes down upon the Grimm, striking at it with StormFlower. It's ineffective)

Jaune: Gotta get in closer!

(Ren lands beside Jaune)

Ren: My blades don't hurt him!

(The Grimm turns, standing upright)

Nora: Crap!

Vortex: We could try shooting it that what I'm doing.

Ruby: Goos idea. How about this?!

(She loads a magazine with an image of a lightning bolt on its side into Crescent Rose and fires. Electric bolts encase one of the Grimm's arms. The red lines on the arm glow brighter, and the Grimm slams it into the ground. They all except Vortex are sent flying backwards, but Ren, Nora, and Ruby manage to land on their feet. Jaune tumbles along the ground painfully until he hits a boulder between his legs and falls forward.

Jaune: (mimicking) "You'll be fine without a weapon. You're the strategist."

Vortex: So any other ideas?

Nora: That's it!

(She runs forward, tossing Magnhild into the air and transforming it into hammer mode. She jumps into the air and hits it, breaking its arm apart. A large piece flies straight toward Nora, but Ruby gets between them and knocks it away. The Grimm uses its other arm to strike at the two girls, Jaune straightens and stretches and soon has to dodge a barrage of rocks)

Jaune: Wha? Whoa! Wha? Ho!

(Jaune lands)

Jaune: Hey! Be careful!

(Before another rock can hit him Vortex comes in front of him and makes his swings into metal as they take the hit and break)

Vortex: You ok?

Jaune: Yeah thanks.

Vortex: Find some cover.

(Vortex them flys back into the fight. The Grimm continually tries and fails to hit an evasive Nora)

(Jaune soon hides behind a tree)

Jaune: Ah...

(The Grimm's armless shoulder gains a glowing red circle with a symbol of an eye in the middle. The circle spins, and then a black, elongated arm with clawed fingers emerges from it. The arm rears back)

Jaune: Uh-oh.

(The Grimm shoves its new arm into the tree Jaune was leaning against and lifts it from the ground)

Jaune: (running) His arm is a tree! His arm is a tree!

Vortex: Then that means it easier the destroy.

Ruby: Big mistake!

(Ruby spins Crescent Rose and loads another magazine into it - this one with imagery of fire on its side. She fires, and the flaming projectile swings around to the tree arm. Jaune fist pumps. The tree arm swings around to him, on fire. Jaune loses his smile)

Jaune: (putting his hands into his hair and running) Big mistake!

Vortex: And now it's on fire.

(The Grimm chases Jaune, swinging the flaming arm at him. It misses twice, but then Jaune falls. One of StormFlower spins through the air and makes a cut across the Grimm's mask. The Grimm falls)

Ren lands beside Jaune and catches his gun. Ruby and Nora come up behind their teammates.

Jaune: Okay, how do we do this?

Ren: His body is too thick to break through.

Jaune: It doesn't care about its body.

Nora: Plus it can keep grabbing new limbs!

Jaune: But it keeps protecting its face.

Ruby: We can't break it!

Jaune: Ugh, if we knocked all of its limbs off at once and went for the.

Vortex: Me and my team bet one of these things before but we only bet it by combining.

(Jaune's eyes light up with an idea and he turns to face his team. Behind him, the Grimm gets up)

Jaune: Guys, I got it! We hit it harder!

Vortex: Really! Did you get that idea out of brawls idea book?

Jaune: No, seriously. It's trying to keep us from its face. If we kill the limbs, we'll have a shot to kill the whole thing!

Vortex: It not the worse idea it the only one we have.

Ruby: Alright! Come on, team, let's do this.

Nora: Yeah!

Ren: Right!

Jaune: Ren, left. Ruby, right. Vortex, up.

(Ren Vortex and Ruby depart as told)

Jaune: Nora, ready to try out the new upgrade?

(Nora nods and runs)

Jaune: Right. And I will—

(Jaune gets hit in the back by the Grimm)

Vortex: Don't get hurt.

(Ruby attacks the right side. Ren attacks the left. While Vortex attacks it form the air. As Nora activates a mechanism that generates a current of electricity across the hammerhead of Magnhild. Jaune runs around to make himself a target, waving at the Grimm)

Jaune: I'll take it over here!

(The Grimm goes after Jaune but switches targets as Ruby and Ren attack it)

(Nora charges Magnhild even more and braces her feet)

Nora: Ready!

(Ruby lands next to Jaune after another attack)

Jaune: Use everything you've got!

(Ruby uses her Semblance to fly at the Grimm, taking Nora with her, and the red and pink swirls go right for the tree arm. Ruby slices the tree in half, opening the way for Nora to hit the mask with Magnhild. The rock body shatters and the ephemeral Grimm rises out of it and flies off, but not fast enough as Vortex cuts it with his sword)

Jaune: Another victory for Team JNRRV!

(Silence)

Vortex: That name is horrible.

Jaune: (deflating) Yeah, okay. Ren, I think you're onto something. I-it's just not sounding great anymore.

(Jaune walks away, Ruby shakes hands with the town Mayor)

Mayor: We truly can't thank you enough.

Ruby: Just doing our job, sir.

Mayor: That Geist had been plaguing our village for weeks. We were beginning to wonder if we'd have to relocate.

Ruby: Well, we are on our way to Mistral. You could always come along with us if you don't feel safe.

(Scenes of the idyllic life in the village are shown: people buy fresh produce from a cart, stand and chat on open balconies overlooking the roads, tend to their horses and generally go about their daily lives peacefully. The village has plentiful trees and green spaces and cobbled roads)

Mayor: (amused) Ha. I take it you're not from these parts. Anima is a large continent. I'm afraid our people would never survive the long trek to Mistral. It may be safer in the Kingdoms, but we prefer our way of life. I just wish we could pay you more.

Ren: Our previous arrangement is more than sufficient.

Vortex: And I don't think I need any more money my pockets are all ready too full.

(Team RNVJR bows respectfully)

(A shop door closes. At a counter, a burly man with horns sets down a set of armor)

Blacksmith: There you go, son. It's going to be heavier than what you're used to, but you'll thank me the next time you go up against a set of claws.

Jaune: Wow. That-eh. I don't know what to say.

Blacksmith: Don't gotta say anything! Just put it on! I'll go get the rest.

(The Faunus blacksmith turns and goes out back)

Nora: So, what are you waiting for?

Jaune: Oh, uh, right!

Vortex: Come on man new armor put it on.

(Jaune takes off his old chestplate)

Jaune: (softly) Guess I was going to grow out of it eventually.

Ren: A sign of progress.

Jaune: Progress.

(Jaune turns around, and Ruby and Vortex gasps then covers their mouth and tries not to giggle)

Jaune: What is it?

Ruby: (pointing to his chest) What is that?

Vortex: On your hoodie. (Laughs)

(A bunny emblem is on Jaune's chest)

Jaune: What, my hoodie? I've always had this.

Ruby: (snorting) It's got a cute little bunny rabbit!

Vortex: I think I had that when I was six.

(Both laughs)

Jaune: It's Pumpkin Pete! You know, from the cereal?

Ruby: (in near hysterics) What did you do?! Send in a box top for a prize?

Vortex: Bro that cereal is not good like at all.

Jaune: (turning away) Yeah! Fifty!

(They both continues to laugh hysterically, as their head stylistically expanding, before they falls onto the floor)

Ren: Well, I suppose we don't have to grow out of everything.

Vortex: Oh it. It feels good to laugh.

(Ruby chortles from the floor, feet in the air. The blacksmith returns from out back)

Blacksmith: Can't have a Huntsman without his weapon.

(A wide sword sheath is stuck into the countertop)

Blacksmith: Made all the modifications you asked for.

(The blade expands into a shield)

Blacksmith: That was some fine metal you brought me. Accents the white nicely. Where'd you get it from?

(The camera pans to show the gold accents on the shield, the design on the bottom reminiscent of Pyrrha Nikos' circlet)

Jaune: From a friend.

Vortex: We all miss her jaune. And I think she would be proud of you putting her metal to good use.

(Vortex, Ruby, Ren, and Nora wait outside the shop. Jaune comes out wearing the armor. He pulls out the sword and expands the shield)

Blacksmith: He cleans up alright, don't you think?

Ren: He certainly does.

Vortex: Now your looks like a warrior.

Nora: I still think a grenade launcher would've really brought the look together.

Vortex: Nora swindle has fifty he show jaune.

Ruby: Nothing's gonna stop Team RNVJR now!

Nora: Team JNRRV!

Ren: Still not a color.

Vortex: I kind of like RNVJR.

Jaune: It doesn't matter what we're called. As long as we're together.

Blacksmith: You kids sure you won't stick around? You've been real good to this town.

Ruby: Sorry, but we've got another mission.

Nora: Make it to Haven Academy, no matter what.

Ren: We've heard the next village over has a working Airship.

Vortex: So that will cut our time in half.

Blacksmith: Mmm, no way to know for sure. Scroll signals were weak enough out here back when Beacon Tower was still up. Haven't heard from Shion Village in a while.

Ruby: Well, there's only one way to find out.

(With a wave, Team RNJR turns and leaves. The blacksmith waves back and grunts)

Jaune: Food?

Nora: Check!

Jaune: Water?

Nora: Check!

Jaune: How about ammo?

Nora: Locked and loaded! Thank you, Schnee Dust Company!

Jaune: Got the map?

Ruby is looking down sadly.

Nora: Ren's got it.

Ren: No, I don't. You have it.

Nora: Wait, what?

Jaune: Guys, please tell me you're joking.

Nora: Uh.. heh-heh-heh.

Jaune: Guys! Guys? Guys...

Nora: Nope.

Vortex: Jaune calm down I have it. And just be glad I hardly spend any of my money. 

(After we walk for hours we soon make camp as vortex start to cook dinner as they all soon get their own cheeseburger as we eat and head to bed. I t he morning all five members of Team RNVJR walk down a sunny road. Ruby is in front, looking at a map)

Ruby: So the next town is... uh-huh... uh-huh... We're lost.

Jaune: We're not lost. The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time.

Ruby: Oh yeah. Don't you have, like, four sisters?

Jaune: Uh, seven.

Vortex: Wow man how did you survive.

Ruby: (giggles)

Nora: You know, that actually explains a lot.

Jaune: Wait, what do you mean?

Ruby: So, what did you guys do there?

Jaune: Oh, all sorts of stuff! Over here is a great hiking trail, and over here is where we went camping all the time. I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sisters would stop braiding my hair.

Ruby: Didn't like the look?

Jaune: Yeah, they just kept doing pigtails, but personally, I think I'm more of a "warrior's wolftail" kind of guy.

Vortex: That's just a ponytail for men?

Jaune: I stand by what I said.

(Nora stops short, raising her hands to her lips as her eyes widen. Soon after, Ren stops, visibly tense)

Nora: Uh, guys?

Vortex: Oh gods.

Ruby: Huh?

Jaune: What?

(Jaune and Ruby look up from the map. Their eyes widen and jaws drop. In front of them is a desolated village. The sky is gray and two columns of smoke rise in the air. A gazebo has a broken tower and lampposts are askew from the ground. At least one dead body can be seen on the side of the road approaching the town. The map is dropped and all five rush forward. They briskly move into the town, looking around. Ren tosses his backpack on the ground and moves ahead while the other three gather in the middle of a road)

Ruby: There could be survivors!

Ren: Over here!

Vortex: This doesn't look good.

(The other three rush to where Ren and Vortex is leading them. On the ground, sitting propped against a broken building wall is a young man in armor. He breathes heavily and holds his hand against a bleeding wound in his abdomen. Ren drops by his side and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Ruby: A Huntsman!

Jaune: What happened? Who killed all these people?

Vortex: Grimm?

Dying Huntsman: (coughs) Bandits. The whole tribe... Then, with all the panic...

(The Huntsman can't finish and coughs repeatedly)

Ren: Grimm.

Vortex: Sir stat with us.

(Ren stands and walks a few paces away, placing his hands atop his head. Ruby, Jaune, and Nora step away to confer)

Ruby: Alright, we can get him to the next village and try to find a doctor there!

Jaune: Yeah. Ren and I can take turns carrying him there.

Nora: I don't know if he'll make it.

Jaune: He will. He has to.

(Ren turns back and walks over to the Huntsman)

Ruby: If we get going now, our chances will be better. I can run ahead and look for help!

Ren: Guys.

Vortex: Sir? SIR! (Check his pulse) Sorry guys he's. He's gone.

(The other three turn and discover that the Huntsman has already died)

Nora: Should we bury him?

(Ren walks right past them without a backward glance)

Ren: We should go. It's not safe here.

Nora: Ren.

Vortex: Rena right we should move if we stay we could end up like him.

(Nora turns and follows him. Ruby puts her hand on Jaune's arm. He is looking stressed and sad)

Ruby: It'll be okay.

Jaune: I'm just tired of losing everything.

(Ren stops and looks at something on the ground, his eyes widening. A cloven hoofprint is impressed into the ground. Nora comes up to his side. She sees the same mark and her eyes also widen in recognition. The two of them silently make eye contact. After that we moved on and kept of move and soon made camp to be ready for tomorrow)

Vortex: alright guys time to eat.

(I say as I give them each a bowl of chicken soup with breed as the next day. On a path through the woods, Team RNVJR moves forward with Ruby looking at a map)

Ruby: Come on, guys! If we pick up the pace, we can hit the next town before sunset!

Jaune: Assuming it's still there.

Vortex: The bandits won't attack two places.

Ruby: Of course it'll be there. This one's supposed to be pretty big! Hee-gan...bayn-a.

Ren: Higanbana. It's a well protected village with a popular inn.

Nora: Which means, no camping in the rain!

Ruby: See? Everything's going to be fine!

Jaune: You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs. But things could be a lot worse. I really thought we'd see more Grimm.

Ren: As did I.

Nora: I guess our luck is finally turning around!

Vortex: I haven't seen any above the tree. Maybe this place is so calm the Grimm don't come here?

(The scene changes to Team RNVJR being viewed from above, a rocky outcropping just on the edge of the view.

Nora: To Higanbana!

Jaune Vortex and Ren: To Higanbana!

Ruby: To Higanban... ban-a!

(A Beowolf stomps into view and growls at the four kids. Just as it is about to leap, it is stabbed through by Qrow. Three disintegrating bodies of other Beowolves are just behind him. A black raven caws from a tree branch on eye level with Qrow, catching his attention. He looks at it and it flies off, following RNVJR)

Qrow: (scoffing) Luck.

(It is a cloudy day, and RNVJR is following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora stretches her arms up wide)

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, Jaune Arc reads a map while Ruby Rose and Lie Ren continue alongside them.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Vortex: Man you never realized how long it takes to get some where on foot. When you have your own ship.

Nora: Yeah we're is your ship because I have a feeling we would be there by now?

Vortex: Swindle is using the ship to get into the white fangs base to find out what they know.

Ren: make sense he is fox. 

Ruby: (sighs) Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Jaune: (looking up from the map to glare at her) What?!

Vortex: Are you kidding me?!

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something! (not making eye contact) Look, whatever.

(Ruby looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead)

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

(Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead)

Jaune: That's... strange. (checking his map) I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

Vortex: Dame it! Here we go again.

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

(Jaune drops the map and all four go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. As Vortex flys around the area look for anyone there. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath)

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

Jaune: No one over here, either!

Vortex: It's like a ghost town.

Ren: It almost seems like... the town was abandoned.

(Ruby looks around while the others go offscreen, feeling unease in the wind)

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

(Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says)

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

Jaune: Me neither.

Vortex: Don't look at me.

Ren: I have.

(The other three look at him, surprise on Nora and Ruby's faces)

Ren: You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run.

(As Ren speaks, there are wide shots showing the various unfinished buildings, disrepair and neglect of the village)

Ren: Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future.

(Ren walks away from the other four)

Ren: I know my parents did.

Ruby: What happened?

(He brushes some dirt off of the stone border of a low wall to reveal claw marks)

Ren: What always happens.

Jaune: The Grimm.

Vortex: Dame. And with the building not up yet there didn't stand a chance.

(Ren tightens his hands into fists)

Ren: Not just any, one.

(Ruby briefly faces Nora in confusion, but Nora doesn't move her concerned gaze away from Ren. Ruby turns back to him)

Ruby: One?

Vortex: One Grimm did all this?

(Several small black birds take off from a tree outside Oniyuri's wall. They fly over the village and the four travelers)

Jaune: Come on. Let's just get through here. This place gives me the creeps.

(He turns and leaves, soon followed by Nora. Ren lingers for a moment for a few moments, seemingly in thought, then follows. Ruby is the last to move as she looks over the empty village. Leaves blow through behind her after she follows her friends)

Vortex: Come on Ruby let's go.

(As the five members of Team RNVJR continue out of Oniyuri, but Ren suddenly senses something. He puts out his hand to stop the other four, eyes closing as he focuses. Somewhere close by Tyrian can be seen running. Ren draws his weapon. Ruby, Vortex, Nora and Jaune immediately follow suit. Tyrian soon leaps high over the wall to engage them in combat)

Vortex: The hell?

(He immediately takes out his weapons in a seamless motion and, laughing eagerly, moves to attack Ruby. Ren intervenes, StormFlower clashing with Tyrian's claw blades. Ren attempts to both kick and shoot Tyrian, but he dodges. The two have a couple more attack and parries until Tyrian kicks Ren several feet away. Tyrian turns to go after Ruby again, who rushed forward with Crescent Rose to meet him. Tyrian uses his blades to block the scythe and kicks Ruby backward. She easily remains upright and they clash again. Tyrian manages to land a strike on Ruby's right arm, causing her to cry out at the pain and him to laugh. She's doesn't break stride however and leaps back to take a swing at him with her scythe. He dodges and then lands a moving blow against the body of Crescent Rose, causing a red shimmer to cross her Aura in the area of the strike. Vortex then flys in and try's to stop him as their blade clash but his moment in random till he knocks one of his sword out of his hand and cuts him on his body and also him till he kicks him on the ground. Jaune steps in at that moment and Tyrian climbs onto his shield and grins at him. Nora rushes in with Magnhild, but Tyrian just leaps from Jaune's shield to her hammer and up through the top story of a narrow, rectangular building. Holding himself up with his feet on wooden frames to either side of him, Tyrian looks down at Team RNVJR)

Jaune: We're not looking for a fight!

Ren: Who are you?

Vortex: He some kind of maniac. No one fights like that.

(Tyrian leans forward, drops from the tower, does a front flip, and lands on his feet in front of them)

Tyrian: Who I am matters not to you. (points to Ren) Or you. (points to Nora) Or— (cuts himself off and pauses) Well. you do interest me. (pointing to Jaune) and well so do you (pointing at vortex)

(Jaune gasps nervously. While Vortex can only think of one reason why for him)

Tyrian: No, I only matter to you.

(He points to Ruby, and the rest of RNVJR turn to look at her. She tilts her head in confusion)

Ruby: Me?

Vortex: Ruby?

Tyrian: (breaks down into laughter) You, you haven't the slightest clue, do you? Oh, how exciting this must be.

Ruby: What do you want?

(Tyrian begins acting dramatically in response to her tone of voice)

Tyrian: Oh, the rose has thorns! My little flower, I'm here to whisk you away with me!

Nora: Well, what if she doesn't want to go with you?

Vortex: Yeah think again freak! We're not letting her go with you!

(He stares for a moment with his lips scrunched up before answering)

Tyrian: Well, I'll take her.

(Jaune walks over and stands between him and Ruby, his shield held in front of him)

Jaune: We're not going to let you do that.

(Tyrian closes his eyes and inhales through his teeth. His eyes slowly open, and he happily growls a single word with a dark grin)

Tyrian: Good.

(Delighted that they're willing to fight, Tyrian moves fast to attack Jaune from behind)

Ren: Jaune!

Vortex: Wow he's fast.

(Ren and Vortex deliberately shoots Jaune's shield so that the ricochet hits Tyrian. Tyrian covers his eyes with his arm and then cartwheels onto Jaune's shield, using his claw blades to spin in the air against it. Ruby steps in to face Tyrian on his descent, but he just kicks her to the side. She regains her ground by using Crescent Rose to steady herself. Jaune and Vortex bath takes a swing with their sword at Tyrian, but he simply dodges and kicks jaune away as well. He then kicks Vortex in the face but use his wings to stop himself)

Vortex: This guy is like nothing I've ever seen before his attack are both random and he's flexible that a dangerous combo. He wants to keep us guessing.

(His next move is to run toward Nora. From across the way, Ruby grins and shoots Nora with lightning Dust. It passes just over Tyrian's left shoulder, and he turns as he senses it. Nora gets knocked down when the bolt makes contact, dropping Magnhild in the process. Mistaking the move for an error on Ruby's part, Tyrian gives Nora a baffled stare and laughs while Ren, Vortex, Jaune and Ruby simply watch and wait)

Tyrian: (laughs) Well, if that isn't ironic.

(He senses something is up and loses his mirth. With a determined, satisfied grin, a now upright and supercharged Nora rushes Tyrian from behind, moving over his right shoulder and coming before him just in time to hit him with Magnhild. The blast from the contact has the other four covering their eyes from the backwash of dust and air, Jaune actually taking cover behind his shield and Vortex using his wings. The air clears to reveal a perfectly fine Tyrian in a crouch, using his now unveiled scorpion tail to block Magnhild. He giggles and curls his fingers at Nora)

Tyrian: Surprise.

(He kicks Nora twice in the face before leaping backwards and upward onto a roof, leaving his coat behind)

Ren: He's... a Faunus.

Ruby: What is this about? The White Fang? Roman Torchwick?

Vortex: we should all be careful he's dangerous.

Jaune: Yeah no kindling.

Tyrian: Plastic soldiers and pawns. My heart and body belong only to our goddess!

Ruby: Cinder.

Vortex: Great her.

Tyrian: Hmph, only in her wildest dreams.

(Tyrian leaps back into the fray. He uses his tail to knock Crescent Rose down. Though surprised, Ruby doesn't lose her grip on it. The two both attack each other and miss until Tyrian kicks Ruby backwards again. Vortex come in with his two swords in hand and with his swings made of metal try to fight him off but he proved to slippery and cut him back before kicking him to Ruby. Tyrian uses his tail to go after Ren before finally kicking him away and attacking Jaune next)

Vortex: ow sorry ruby. You go get him I'll be up in a minute.

(She gets up and head back to the fight while Vortex heals his wounds. As crow flies determinedly toward the fray while Tyrian kicks Jaune back and then Nora, and then Ren returns for more only to leap away again. Without missing a beat, Tyrian lets Ren be and goes after Ruby again. In quick succession, he delivers a right hook to her face and a left blow to her torso, causing red shimmers on her Aura on her head and chest respectively. He turns and swings his tail to knock her back into the air. She flies back several feet and he rushes forward to meet her before she lands. While Ruby's still midair, he kicks her right in the abdomen, causing a large red shimmer over her abdomen and hips. The incoming crow turns into Qrow who keeps running forward after landing. But Vortex see him attacking Ruby he gets up and runs to her)

Vortex: RUBY!

(Tyrian approaches Ruby on the ground and raises his stinger, his eyes turning dark purple. Nora, who is comforting a fallen Ren, and Jaune both look on in horror. Laughing, Tyrian is about to strike with his scorpion tail when Qrow bursts through a building and inserts himself between them, holding his weapon behind his back. Vortex then runs and helps Ruby up)

Vortex: Wait isn't that your uncle Ruby.

Ruby: Yeah it is.

(There's a metallic noise as Tyrian's stinger hits against Qrow's weapon and clips into the blade. He lets out a nervous giggle of surprise while Ruby and Qrow make eye contact and smile at each other)

Qrow: Hey.

(Tyrian Callows pulls his tail back. Qrow turns around, swinging his weapon and holding at the ready by his side)

Tyrian: As I live and breathe, Qrow Branwen. (mock bowing) A true Huntsman has entered the fray!

(With Vortex help Ruby leans on Crescent Rose on its end. Qrow glances back at her)

Ruby: (to Qrow) I don't know, this guy's weird.

Vortex: And a nut job, crazy guy, just be ready.

Qrow: (facing Tyrian again) Thanks kid. Look, pal, I'm not sure who you are, but you need to leave my niece alone.

(Tyrian chortles)

Tyrian: Why, friend, my name is Tyrian. And I'm afraid that is not possible. My assignment from Her Grace was to retrieve this young girl. So, that is what I must do. One does not upset the Queen.

Ruby: Queen?

Qrow: Salem.

Ruby: Who?

Vortex: I've never heard of a Salem.

Tyrian: Hmm, I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?

(Tyrian assumes a crouching position)

Qrow: You took the words right out of—

(Tyrian rushes Qrow before he can finish voicing the thought and the two begin fighting. Qrow blocks two strikes with Harbinger, then slashes at Tyrian who jumps trying to pierce Qrow as he lands. Qrow dodges then swings but Tyrian back-flips away and rushes back in. The two clash as Tyrian goes flying, he comes to a stop digging his weapons into the ground. He ducks to avoid a slash from Qrow then leaps aside to dodge a horizontal strike. He follows up with a slash, using the force to transition into a kick that Tyrian slides under, then the Faunus tries to strike his back but it is stopped. Tyrian attacks again as Qrow parries several thrusts of his tail. As Tyrian blocks a downward strike pinning him on his knees a roof gets damaged by the shock-wave and Tyrian uses The Queen's Servants built in guns to get free. As Qrow blocks the shots with Harbinger Tyrian circles him firing a steady barrage)

Vortex: What are we waiting for let's help him.

(Ren and Nora join in, but Tyrian catches their sneak attack and dodges then easily knocks them away. He moves to chase them as the two land back near Jaune and Ruby, but Vortex come in from the sky as he fight him in his element but Tyrian manages to get a shoot in his wing witch curs him to drop he then goes to attack but Qrow intervenes to hold him back)

Qrow: Don't come closer!

(The two men continue to fight as Vortex gets up and him wing is fine and still working)

Vortex: That hurt.

Ruby: Fine!

(She takes Crescent Rose to the top of a building and waits for an opening to shoot Tyrian. However, both he and Qrow move too fast for her to get a clear shot. Ruby grimaces in frustration. Qrow blocks a jab from Tyrian"s tail then counters, Tyrian parries before retaliating with a slash followed by a kick. Qrow ducks before swinging three times as the Faunus avoids them all, before using his tail as a spring to gain altitude as he opens fire again. Qrow blocks the attack then fires a shot of his own then dodges another thrust. Tyrian manages to uses his tail to disarm Qrow flinging the sword away as he rubs his wrist. This slows things down enough for Ruby to repeatedly shoot at him from the roof, but after the first shot misses an amused Tyrian just deflects each with his tail. Qrow curls his hand into a fist then switches to punching Tyrian in the face. He groans in pain backing up before Qrow lands a few more hits. With a final kick, he manages to send Tyrian flying and casually moves to retrieve Harbinger from where it embedded in a wall. A frustrated Tyrian waits crouched until Qrow has his back turned before striking, but Qrow merely leaps on top of his own weapon and partially changes it to scythe mode. Using the gun barrels he propels himself to a roof top, Tyrian follows as their battle continues. They appear evenly matched until Qrow notices a damaged beam. He tricks Tyrian into landing on it and the Faunus descends into the building and uses his tail to drag Qrow down, too. As the two land, the remaining roof collapses inward. This is enough to make Ruby decide to no longer stay back. Staring at the dust cloud in concern she descends to street level. Just as she reaches the building, Qrow comes crashing out through a wall, his body bouncing. He tosses Harbinger which lands with its blade in the ground, and Qrow perches atop it. Red flickers of damaged Aura move over his body twice. Tyrian comes out of the floating dust and grime inside the building, purple flickers moving across his body. As the two begin to strike again, Ruby jumps in between and deflects Tyrian's blades with Crescent Rose)

Jaune: Ruby!

Vortex: She got this we should heal our injuries.

(Vortex holds Jaune back from moving forward)

Tyrian: Do you wish to be taken?

Ruby: No! But I won't stand by and watch someone get hurt!

(Both Qrow and Ruby move in to attack Tyrian who parries both weapons and the three clash. He kicks Qrow away then shoots and jabs at Ruby with tail, she blocks and tries to counter but the blow is knocked aside. His eyes purple again, Tyrian closes in and almost gets her with his stinger, but Qrow blocks it)

Qrow: (glancing to the side) Ruby! What did I say?! Get back!

Ruby: This is my fight, too!

(She attacks Tyrian while he's still locked blade-to-blade with Qrow, but his legs arch away from the swing of Crescent Rose)

Qrow: No, it's not that. It's—

(Ruby attacks again, and Tyrian moves to her. He flips and sends her back with a two-footed kick. She slides closer to the building and gains her ground, but the wooden beams near the roof have been shaken up too much and a heavy one breaks and descends upon her. Qrow slices it in half so it falls in pieces to either side of Ruby without touching her. She smiles at him in gratitude and affection, and he raises his head from his stance to look at her, only to gasp in pain as he is immediately cut in the abdomen by Tyrian's stinger. Tyrian chuckles while everyone but Ruby pauses in shock. She, however, immediately cuts off the stinger from the rest of Tyrian's tail. It bounces, spurting purple liquid, to the ground. Tyrian reels back and cries out from the pain. Standing, he whirls to face Ruby, infuriated)

Tyrian: You bitch!

(He takes a step or two forward but is off balance. Vortex, Nora, Ren and Jaune all move to block his path to Ruby and Qrow. Tyrian takes a few awkward steps, not engaging)

Tyrian: (to himself) She'll forgive you.

(He runs away)

Vortex: Yeah you better run your freak.

(Qrow, who had still been upright with his weapon at the ready, collapses to one knee and clutches at the wound, panting heavily Vortex then runs over to help)

Ruby: (rushing to his side) Uncle Qrow! Are you okay?

Vortex: Crap come on old don't die on us.

Qrow: I'm not old. I'll be fine. He just grazed me.

Vortex: Yeah with his stinger.

(He pulls his shaking hand away to show the blood on it. The other three arrive at his side)

Nora: Who was that guy?

Ren: How did you get here?

Jaune: Why are people after Ruby?

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? What's going on?

Vortex: Yeah spill.

Qrow: (breathing heavily and clutching his abdomen again) What's your favorite fairy tale?

Vortex: What? Look whatever he's talking about can wait we should move and find someplace to rest and sleep.

(They all nod as we head out and grabbed our stuff we find a nice spot we then start to make camp as they unpack and I start to work of a fire!and after that we all sit around a campfire, Ruby, Vortex, Qrow, Jaune, Ren and Nora sit on four logs positioned in a square. Qrow has just finished telling the story of the Maidens. There is silence and Qrow takes a swig from his flask. He has a bandage wrapped around his abdomen over his clothing)

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: (sighing) Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Vortex: And it's whoever was in their thoughts last. someone they trust.

Qrow: Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha. the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Vortex: A super huntress.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: (looking angry) So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

(Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from group. Qrow watches him go)

Vortex: I can believe that magic is real and all this stuff but they're still one question?

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian - why was he after me?

Qrow: (sighing) Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you in order to make sure you were safe. All of you.

Vortex: Wait how? I can fly and I did see you.

Qrow: Well I know how to blend in.

Ruby: Well, then, why not just travel with us? It seems like that would've been way easier.

(Jaune answers her loudly enough to be heard, but with his back still turned to everyone)

Jaune: He was using you as bait.

Vortex: Come jaune. Don't be like that.

Qrow: Look, I wouldn't put it like that - it's complicated.

Jaune: (turning back to face him) What is all of this? Ruby's being hunted, Vortex and his team split up, the schools are being attacked, all for what?! What is the point of all of this?! Will you just tell us what's going on?!

(Qrow stares at him, then slouches over with a sigh)

Qrow: Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, 'kid.

(Jaune sits back down on his log and crosses his arms. Qrow starts to take another swig, but changes his mind before the flask reaches his lips)

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days.

Vortex: Yeah no kidding. Their a few story's about us faunas and how we came to be.

(Qrow caps and sets the flask down)

Qrow: This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.

(Pan over to a nearby large rock, where Qrow's story is illustrated with a display of light and shadows from the campfire)

Qrow: They were two brothers. The older sibling, the God of Light, found joy in creating forces of life. Meanwhile, the younger brother, the God of Darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas about how things should go. The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, wildlife. And at night, his brother would wake to see all the things that the elder had made and become disgusted. To counteract his brother's creations, the God of Darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all he could do to rid Remnant of life. Life always returned. So one night, the younger brother went and made something - something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything.

Ruby: The creatures of Grimm.

Vortex: Monsters.

Qrow: You guessed it. The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn't last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation. together, something that they could both be proud of, their masterpiece. The younger brother agreed. This last great creation would be given the power to both create and destroy. It would be given the gift of knowledge, so that it could learn about itself and the world around it. And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have free will to take everything it had learned and decide which path to follow - the path of light or the path of darkness. And that is how Humanity came to be.

Ren: But... what does that have to do with us?

Vortex: Yeah how do we fit in all this.

Qrow: Well, that's the kicker. See, the four gifts to mankind - knowledge, creation, destruction and choice - aren't just metaphorical. Each of them exists in a physical form, left behind by the Gods before they abandoned Remnant, and each of them is extraordinarily powerful. If someone were to collect all four, they'd be able to change the world. That's exactly what the enemy wants. The Huntsman Academies were created to train generations of Humanity's protectors, but they also serve another purpose - guarding the Relics. When Ozpin's predecessor founded the schools, he built them around the Relics to act as a fortress. Not only would they be easier to defend, but they would constantly be surrounded by trained warriors. The hope was that hiding them would keep mankind from using them against itself. and, of course, keeping them out of her reach. So yeah, there's that.

Vortex: Wow I don't even have words.

Ruby: Her. You mean Salem?

Qrow: That's right. Not much is known about her. Quite frankly, that's not what matters. What matters right now is that she wants the Relics, and if she gets them, it's not going to end well.

Vortex: It will be Armageddon. The death of us all.

(Team RNVJR still sits talking to Qrow at the campfire)

Jaune: Alright. So, let's say we believe all this. There really is this crazy evil being behind these attacks, not just some thugs trying to become powerful. Why doesn't the world know? Why isn't Atlas going after them? Or Mistral?

Nora: And why aren't we in more of a hurry to get to Haven? Shouldn't we be getting them a message? What if they're next?

Vortex: This is all just crazy.

Qrow: The Headmaster over there saw what happened to Beacon. He's not dumb. He'll be on his guard. Besides, it takes time to mobilize forces like that. Do you really think they planned out that attack on Beacon overnight? (pointing at Jaune) And to answer your question, it's the same reason we keep quiet about the Maidens. If the whole world knew about the Relics, about Salem, there would be chaos. There'd be another Great War on our hands, and this time, you'd have to fight. (pointing at Jaune again)

(Jaune turns away)

Vortex: No just him but all of us and with what me and my team do their do anything to have us on their side.

Qrow: Look, I had the same questions, too. But ol' Ozpin would always put his foot down. "We can't cause a panic." Heh, can't tell you how many times I've heard that. Salem's smart. She works from the shadows, using others to get what she wants, so that when it comes time to place the blame, we can only point at each other. She's trying to divide us— Humanity, and so far she's done a pretty damn good job.

Vortex: No kidding it didn't take long for us to put a knife to each other throat.

Ruby: Alright, so what should we do?

(Everyone looks to Qrow)

Qrow: (chuckling) I don't really know.

)The teens all look at each other, surprised and nervous. They return their gaze to him when he starts speaking again)

Qrow: Ozpin has put a lot of trust in the Headmasters. Like I said, the schools are an important part of stopping Salem. Atlas is going to be on high alert after the last attack, and Vacuo is—

Vortex: The place were brawl is from so yeah.

Qrow: It'll be hard to hire thieves and scoundrels to fight against other thieves and scoundrels. Take that, add in the fact that Cinder and her crew claim to be from Haven, and I think it's likely the next target. So, we're on our way to the Headmaster. Haven't heard from him in a while, even before the attack. I'm hoping he has the answers.

(Qrow stands, but grabs at where he was cut)

Qrow: (groaning) Alright, I think it's time you kids got some sleep.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow?

Qrow: Yeah?

Ruby: (standing) This is a lot to take in, and it all sounds crazy, but. I'm willing to do whatever I can to help because I trust you. But why couldn't you trust me? Why couldn't you just travel with us, instead of this secrecy, and, and—

Qrow: Look, this has nothing to do with trust. I-- It's a long story, okay?

Nora: Seriously? Now you're tired of telling us stories?

Vortex: You just told us a whole thing about the maidens while we ate.

(He stares at the fire in silence before speaking. As he talks he kneels down, picks up a stick and pokes at the fire)

Qrow: Did you know that crows are a sign of bad luck? Old superstition, but it's how I got my name. See, some people can absorb electricity and some people can burst into rose petals, other can make their body's or wing metal and some people are just born unlucky. My Semblance isn't like most - it's not exactly something I do. It's always there, whether I like it or not. I bring misfortune. (chuckles bitterly) I guess you could call me a bad luck charm. Comes in real handy when I'm fighting an enemy, but it makes it a little hard on friends. (looking over at Ruby) and family.

(Getting up, he still holds his side)

Jaune: Well, you are just a real bundle of help, aren't you?

(Ruby and Nora turn to glare at Jaune)

Qrow: Yeah.

(He walks away from the campfire, slowly)

Ren: Where are you going?

Qrow: Taking a walk.

Ruby: There's nothing else you want to tell us?

(A red-eyed raven lands on a tree branch with a quiet caw. Qrow looks at it, and it cocks its head, looking at him)

Qrow: Not tonight.

(He continues his slow walk away, leaving the four teenagers to themselves for a bit. The log he had prodded earlier rolls out of the campfire. Ruby watches Qrow, concerned, It is morning time at the campsite.. All five teenagers are in their sleeping bags, the campfire burned out in the middle. Qrow sits up against the base of a tree, facing the group. Ren sits up with a sigh)

Ren: We should probably get moving.

Jaune: (sitting up) Yeah, yeah.

Vortex: I'll start on breakfast.

(Both turn at the sound of Qrow coughing, which grows louder and sounds worse with each cough. Nora and Ruby sit up, and Ruby quickly goes to her uncle's side. Purple staining is visible on Qrow's bandage, which he is holding his right hand over. He lifts his left hand to his mouth as he continues to cough. A cuckoo bird joins its call to the rest of the morning birds. Qrow pulls his hand away with a groan, and the whole palm, including up over the wrist and his fingers, is covered in the purple stain. Ruby's eyes grow wide, and she gasps. Qrow looks at his hand)

Qrow: Well...

Vortex: It just as I thought qrow poisoned from the guys stinger. 

(He looks up at Ruby)

Qrow: That's unfortunate.

Vortex: I don't think we can help him. We need to find a town they might have medical supplies we can get.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 395 16
you wake up in another world. with a body that it isn't yours and a power that it isn't yours either...but, you are here now, how about you have some...
1.1K 15 12
Several months has passed after Beacon fall, and our heroes is now back with a new adventures! Unfortunately, at this time team RWBY are... divided...
9.7K 250 13
ah, yes. the teenage years of ones life. arguably the most important years. take (y/n) and Ruby for example. both 15, and in love. boyfriend and girl...
43.6K 331 11
I like Rwby even though I hardly watched it. So I'm doing a story on it. Well multiple ones.