His Promises

Door Rheiple

She always wanted to have a simple life yet ended up marrying a wealthy engineer. She fell in love and her dr... Meer

PROLOGUE:
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
PROLOGUE

Hilton's POV

186 3 2
Door Rheiple

This will be the last update for this story. I hope you enjoyed this journey with me, figuring out the life of the married couple named Rheiniel and Hilton. Because I enjoyed writing this whole thing up. There may be lots of hindrances by finishing this one but still I overcame it and I survived. That's life, eh. Anyway, this one will be Hilton's point of view. It's about his thoughts throughout their love story from the very beginning. I'm glad I finished it before tomorrow because tomorrow's a busy day. Happy New year, readers!! Wish you all the best, the happiness, the kindness of year 2024. I wish this another year will be good to us. :*
--------------------------------------- -------------------------------

End

How can you say that you're in love? I don't think you can actually put it into words; you just feel it deep within your heart. It's that overwhelming sensation when you can't bear to be apart from that special woman anymore. When you reach that point, hold on to her tightly and never let her go. Love is a powerful emotion that is best experienced and felt rather than explained.

"Patay na patay sayo si Julia noh. Ayaw ka tantanan. Balikan mo na nga" I don't know if Rupert was just bluffing or he's being serious. It's not funny.

"Hindi ko binabalikan ang mga ex ko" I smirked and watch the view outside the airplane again. Yet after I met her, I just ate those words I said to my brother-in-law.

Unfortunately, I let him convinced me to accept a project to his hometown, Bicol, Albay province. He's really good at convincing people, so here I am sitting with him on the way to the unfamiliar place. He said that it's a very beautiful place and I won't regret it for saying yes to his offer.

And he was right. I didn't regret choosing the project in Bicol, not only because the place is beautiful, but also because I found someone truly beautiful. From the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew for sure that she was the one I would be with for the rest of my life. It was an instant connection that I couldn't ignore, and I am grateful every day for the decision that brought me to her.

It all started in the dark.

She sat alone on a high stool, her presence captivating amidst the bustling bar. Her eyes scanned the bar, as if taking in the surroundings with a sense of curiosity. Her brown eyes sparkled in the vibrant lights, complementing her cherry-pouty lips. She had a slender nose and beautiful, long black hair that added to her overall charm. So pretty.

I couldn't resist the urge to approach her and strike up a conversation. She seemed like an angel, and despite any discomfort she may have felt, she chose to stay and engage in conversation out of respect for me, knowing that I was Rupert's friend, a professor from Bicol University.

"So, you're an AB English student?" I asked, seeking confirmation. If it was true, my admiration for her would only grow. I have a fondness for girls who speak English well, as I often communicate in the language myself.

"Oo. Bakit? May problema ka sa course ko?" Her eyebrows raised slightly, giving the impression that my question may have annoyed her. However, her inherent cuteness remained intact.

Rupert was trying to introduce me to some of her colleagues and other students but I was so glued to that mysterious girl sitting all alone and drinking an orange juice. That was really absurd yet I find it charming that she's not into drinking liquor. The way she looked at my face, it seemed like she couldn't believe that I was really sitting beside her. I'm used with that kind of reaction to every girls I've encountered but hers was damn precious. I like the way she admired my looks, the way she gasp some air every time I tried to get closer to her.

When she said that she needed to go home, I wanted to stop her and ask her to stay a while but who am I to have the right to do that?

'I need to make excuses to see her more often'. That's what I kept on thinking when I was about to leave the next day. I saw her all alone inside their room and I caught her staring at me while I was talking with Rupert. Her reaction when she saw me, looking at her was one of the cutest. I offered to help her on her thesis and asked for her number in return. That's when everything about us started. I kept on texting or calling her even though I was in the middle of my work.

"Bakit ka nagsinungaling? Hindi ka naman talaga foreman. Civil Engineer ka daw sabi ni sir Malate." Yeah right. I enjoyed our communication too much to the point that I didn't bother to clear this one with her.

I wanted to punch my own face when I saw her crying and hurting. I wasn't thinking that time, I was just trying to make a joke. I have always wanted to be honest with her. That was the first that I saw her hurting because of me, and I never wanted it to happen. She assumed that I intentionally lied about my job. She believed that if she had known from the start that I was an engineer, she would have pursued me sooner. However, that was not my intention.

I was so serious about her. I asked for her forgiveness even though she was pushing me away and avoiding me when she could. I didn't stop until she accept me again in her life.

I continued my pursuit of her, patiently waiting for her to reciprocate my feelings. However, we encountered issues when her friends began to interfere in our relationship. I wasn't sure what their issue with me was, but it seemed like they were trying to convince her that I was a bad guy. It was clear that Rivera had feelings for her. They even lied to her, saying I was with another girl, just to instigate a fight and encourage her to leave me.

I was so mad on her friends. I wanted to tell her not to trust them again because they're being mean, they're hurting their own friend, but I just kept it to myself. I just let it all happened over and over. That's why even though she's bringing her friends on every gatherings that we were in, I was ignoring them. My girl was blinded by their bad actions. I knew that they were so against about it when Rheiniel said 'yes' to my proposal months ago. It means that she's officially mine. That's one of the happiest moments in my life.

I let the days gone by first and wait for her to became comfortable with me getting closer to her. Like holding hands, hugs and ofcourse, kisses. She was so shy the first time I initiated to kiss her. Turned out, it was her first, despite her being a graduating college student. Unlike other girls. What a lucky guy.

There was a time that I noticed that she was upset when I saw her walking on the campus all alone. Seemed like she was having a deep thoughts and her smile didn't reach her eyes when she saw me.

"Hi baby. Are you alright?" I asked her gently. She just bit her lower lip and nodded. I brought her to her favorite place to help her lighten her mood, The National Bookstore. I bought her favorite books that she's been telling to me over the phone.

We went to Roxas boulevard and her mood has changed slowly when we saw a bunch of kids playing on there. She was so fond of kids. I'm hella sure that she will be a great mom to our future babies. But for now, she's still my baby. We kissed each other when the sun has set and it felt real good to be the reason of her happiness.

Rupert told me the next day that Rhein met Julia when they visited our quarters last, last day. He said that Rhein looked upset when she noticed that Julia was still so close to my family. I sighed heavily and called Julia to warn her not to come back again. She said that it was an order from my mom, I said I don't care, I just wanted her to keep her distance.

I told my mom and my sister that I already have a girlfriend and I'm crazy inlove with Rheiniel so I want them to stop pushing me to my ex. I wasn't asking for their opinion though, I was just informing them.

I was never really into fighting or involving myself in some chaos but when it comes to her, I'm ready to cross the ocean just to save her. Glad that I followed her that night when she was heading home in the middle of the dark. Night class wasn't really a good idea for college students especially for girls.

She was walking when the two boys started blocking her and talking some shits. I didn't think twice, I ran towards them and punch their faces real hard. Rhein was so scared when she saw me and my knuckles covered by blood. I got hit too more than twice. If only she wasn't there, begging for me to stop I might've killed that two.

She helped me until i reached our quarter and helped me put some medicine on my wounds.

"That is not so you. Hindi ka ganyan nung si Julia ang girlfriend mo" Hailee commented. My jaw clenched and I watched her with my piercing eyes. She was damn insensitive and stupid to say that infront of me and my girlfriend. Just thinking that Rhein will get hurt by listening to her, hurting me too.

"Watch your mouth, Hailee" I coldly warned my sister. She seemed scared and has become quiet. "Take a sit, babe. I'll just clean myself first." She nodded and smiled cutely, as if telling me that she's fine here. I changed my clothes quickly to go back to my girlfriend just incase my sister act like a bitch again. She forced a smile when she noticed I was done and excused herself that she needed to go home.

Annoyed at my sister, I firmly closed my eyes when I saw tears in her eyes as she hastily tried to leave my place. Before I could walk after her, she was already gone.

"I want you gone here by tomorrow, Hailee." I didn't look at her while saying that to my sister. "And stop meddling in my life, don't make me repeat that"

"Alex, you're a grown man. You're what? 26? 27? And she's just a college student. Wala pang trabaho unlike Julia. What do you want me to think kung bakit siya nakikipag-relasyon sayo? Pine-perahan ka ng babaeng yun" she said that with a loud voice. I'm trying so hard not to hurt my sister because her words is so out of the line. How could she say all that?

"So what now, if she wants my money? I can give it all to her because I love her. And will you stop acting like you care about me?"

"Alexander, listen to me! You are so blinded by her"

"Talk to yourself, Hailee" I answered uninterestedly while walking towards my bedroom.

Months have passed, and my project in Bicol ended so fast. I wanted to accept another project near my girlfriend's location so I could see her whenever I wanted to. However, the long-distance relationship was putting us to the test. I took her on a date because I would be staying in Quezon City more often in the coming days. I accepted another project there. She was a bit sad when I told her, but she still chose to be happy for me. We went to the cinema and enjoyed each other's company during the show. I was just controlling my desire to touch her body in that dark area.

I have immense respect for her. As much as I wanted to touch her so bad, I constantly remind myself that she was a graduating student with dreams and aspirations. I would never want to hinder her from achieving those dreams.

On my last night in my quarter in Bicol, she paid me a visit, carrying a bunch of papers. She asked for my help in revising her research papers. I congratulated her after she successfully defended her work. The problem is, the panelists told them to revise some part of their papers.

"Bukas sana ako magpapatulong kaso naalala ko, aalis ka na pala" I looked at her and she smiled without reaching her eyes.

"I'll be back, baby. I promise I'll be there on your graduation. I want to watch you march on stage"

"Dapat lang. Gusto kong nandun ka" she pouted and stood from her seat and chose to sit on my lap while I was busy reading their research papers. I swallowed hard when there's part of my body reacted of what she did. I held her arms to fix her position on my lap without hitting my hardness. "Huwag mo akong pansinin. Basahin mo lang yan" she said while laughing a little. I don't know if she's serious or just teasing me. I can't even focus on what I was reading until she moved closer and started kissing me.

When she's about to stop the kiss, I pulled her nape and I kissed her aggressively while putting down the papers from my hand. I was so out of control. Until I found my self that I was massaging her chest and I felt just like i woke up from a dream when I heard her moaning between our kisses.

I stopped kissing and touching her while breathing heavily. That was the first time that I almost got lost from my desire to touch my girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, baby" I looked away. I massaged the bridge of my nose as I was breathing heavily.

"Ayos ka lang?" when she noticed that I looked like in pain. She stood up worrying. "Anong nangyayari sayo?"

"Fuck, babe. It's abdominal pain. Don't do that again" I groaned. Trying to calm down this part of me.

"Masakit ang puson mo? Hala" I barked a laughter with her innocence. She doesn't even know what we were doing on that chair. Damn this girl.

"It's called, control pain, baby. I am using so much control right now not to do anything that we'll regret tomorrow" she bit her lower lip and nodded her head. She sat down across the table and watched me fix their papers.

I often sneak glances at her to check on what she was doing. She seemed to enjoy watching me as I marked their research paper with a blue pen, highlighting the parts that need revision. She looked so innocent. She looked stunning up close, even without any makeup on her face. Maybe that's why her friend, Ricci, is so infatuated with her. I wonder if she knows about that. Her beauty was hard to resist. That's why I never taken her to private places because I lose control when I'm around her.

When I left Bicol, I felt an overwhelming heaviness. I would constantly call and text her. Sometimes, she couldn't respond because she was busy with the workload of being a graduating student. Our project for building a new road in Quezon City had also begun. We needed to widen the road and even had to demolish nearby houses. Since it was a government project and a public area, we had to rush the road widening. We were forbidden from using cellphones to expedite the work. I was so frustrated because I couldn't reach my girlfriend. All I could think about was finishing the project so I could attend her graduation.

Finally, it was completed, and the mayor even threw a party in the city, but I didn't attend, despite their insistence. I immediately called Rheiniel because I missed her so much. We had been without communication for weeks.

My forehead furrowed as her cellphone rang multiple times before she answered. Is she still busy?

"Rhein? Um- How are you?" I didn't know if I should first explain why I called just now or if I should immediately express how much I missed her and that I would be returning to Bicol.

"Wala dito si Rhein" There. It ruined my fucking day. I called to alleviate some of my exhaustion from work and to hear my girlfriend's voice, and this is what I'm greeted with.

I couldn't hide my anger. I'm fucking sure that she's brainwashing my girlfriend right now. "Who's this?"

"Kaibigan niya. At kung pwede lang ho engineer, huwag ka nang tatawag dito. Tigilan mo na ang kaibigan ko. Marami pa yung pangarap sa buhay." The nerve of this girl.

"Who are you to tell me that? I don't have time for this. Just tell her that I called and I want to talk to my girlfriend."

Sometimes, things doesn't go the way you planned it. I have always thought that she'd be excited to see me on her graduation day. I watched her marched on the stage with her mother and she was so happy. Yet after I showed up, seemed like I just ruined her night. I ruined her perfect night that supposed to be celebrated.

I am staring at her face the whole time and watched her speak even though some of it was hurting me. She's completely brainwashed and it was too obvious. I won't ask her about the call because i wasn't stupid not to think that it was her interloper friend's idea to enrage me.

"Am I part of that? Of your plans? I mean your future" It's slowly tearing me into pieces after she declined my gift and knowing that she was setting aside my name from her future plans. I understood that she was her family's bread winner and she was obligated to help her siblings right after she graduated. But I'm her boyfriend.

This may sounds so pathetic but I begged her not to leave me and it's fine if I wasn't on her list of plans. It's fine if I wasn't her priority. I just want her to stay with me.

I decided to attend her graduation celebration even though it was pretty obvious that she doesn't want me to be there. I also offered to drive them home using my car. I caught a glimpse of her whispering back and forth with her two friends. It made me want to erase them right then and there, right beside my girlfriend. Don't they have better things to occupy themselves with?

Then we had another argument because of her friends. I just wanted to make her understand that those friends of her weren't good influences. If they were true friends, they would support her and not interfere with her life decisions.

When we arrived at their house, there was a simple celebration. I asked Rheiniel if I could send some additional food since she didn't want to accept my gift. She reluctantly agreed because I insisted. Besides, there were many guests, so it was better to have more food.

Even though I wanted to be close to my girlfriend, I didn't refuse her father's invitation to join him for a drink.

"Umiinom ka ba ng Ginebra San Miguel?" he asked me first before he opened the bottle.

"Opo, sir."

"Mukhang mga mamahaling alak lang ang kilala mo eh" he said that with a smile on his face. I don't want him to think that I was a wealthy man, that I couldn't fit in their life.

"Hindi po. Taga rito din sa Bicol ang napangasawa ng kapatid ko kaya hindi na din bago saakin ang mga alak dito"

He nodded as he filled an empty glass with that liquor and handed it to me. Out of respect, I didn't think twice and gulped it down.

"Ilang buwan na kayo ng anak ko?"

"Six months. Apat na buwan po akong nanligaw" he smirked as if something was funny about it. I poured myself a glass of liquor, and so did he.

"Napagod ka ba? Alam mo hindi na kasi yan uso ngayon na nanliligaw ang lalaki. Kung gusto mo at gusto ka rin ng babae, kayo na agad. Conservative kasi yang si Renyel eh. Ganyan siya pinalaki ng mama niya"

"No sir. It was worth to wait. I love your daughter"

"Anong plano mo?" I stopped for a moment and looked at him while thinking. "Kapag may trabaho na si Renyel. Kapag tumagal na ang relasyon niyo. Tsaka malayo din ang agwat mo sa anak ko" It felt like a trick question that I had to answer.

"Papakasalan ko po siya." He smiled again and initiate a toast. I felt like I just passed the test during that time.

I looked inside their house, and Rheiniel and I locked eyes. She was standing near the front door. It seemed like she had been keeping an eye on us. She mouthed, asking me if I was fine, and I responded with an assuring smile. It felt like she was the one worried for me. Her father is cool and kind, so I felt comfortable talking to him. Nothing to worried about.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months turned into years. Everything about me and Rheiniel has became more serious. We didn't see each other oftentimes due to our both busy schedules.

We were breaking up. Communication, time and jealousy problems and then I'd go find my way back to her to make it all up. Our distance was trying to maim my life until I finally realized that we've been doing this for almost four years. She was doing great with her dream job. Meanwhile, I already did everything I wanted in my life, I've got nothing to wish for and to discover. I wanted her to be mine forever. I wanted to own her. I've heard rumors about her co-workers that were hitting on her. So, I made a move, I flew from Makati to Bicol and asked for her hand in marriage.

My father always told me that love is a choice. He said that love alone isn't always enough to sustain a relationship, and that marriage doesn't necessarily guarantee a happy ending. According to him, marriage is simply another chapter in a couple's life, one that requires daily effort and commitment to survive.

We got married and moved into our future home in Makati. I had long planned and envisioned our future house together. Even back then, I saw my future with her. I became overprotective when I found out that she almost got lost in the city when she commuted alone for the first time. She was used to being with her friends. I was so scared at that time, thinking about what would happen if it were to occur again and I couldn't find her. I hired a driver for her to take her wherever she needed to go, but when I had nothing else to do, I would drive her to her whereabouts.

Our relationship had been beautiful for the past two years, as a married couple. However, it had hurt me whenever she refused the money I offered her. She didn't want me to help her send money to her family, so I had secretly sent the money to her mother to assist. I hadn't told her because I knew she would get angry. She had been so independent. It had scared me that she wasn't afraid of losing me because she could take care of herself. It had also hurt my ego as a man because I should have been the one providing the things she wanted.

Our fights as a couple had become more frequent, and one of the reasons was his work and his friend, Ricci. I don't know why she had to work when she could have asked for her husband's support and I had been jealous of that guy for a while, always hovering around Rheiniel, and I knew he had feelings for my wife. I didn't understand why Rhein still kept approaching him.

Sometimes, I also get scared when we're not talking to each other, fearing that she might eventually get tired and just suddenly leave me here. Hell, I don't know what to do without her. She's everything that I ever wanted. I knew that allowing space to dominate our relationship wasn't healthy. Despite this, I couldn't prevent myself from being consumed by jealousy. I was just afraid that my actions might have caused her more pain.

Well, I thought I already knew my wife, so well. I didn't know that she resented my attempts to protect her. I was unaware that despite my expressions of love, she was hurt by my role as her husband. It was excruciating to watch her express how tired she was of me. She doubted my relationship with Julia.

I thought that was the worst fight we ever had, but I didn't know that the darkest part of our marriage was yet to come. Her father fell ill, and instead of asking me for money, she chose to return to the job we often argued about. I also found out that she wanted to prove to my mother that she wasn't after my money, so no matter how much I insisted on giving her money, she wouldn't accept it.

I was crying that night, and someone sent a cut video where she and Edu were together in a dark room. My vision was blurred while I was driving, trying to find my wife. I was so mad, but I wanted to see her. I was so busy with my work to the point that I didn't give her much attention. I was mad, but I missed her so much. I just wanted her to explain the video and tell me everything, about her own side of the story as to why she did that. I am her husband, and I should be the one she leans on when she's going through life's problems.

Until I met a car accident and found myself the next day, lying in a hospital bed.

Another bad news was when I got out of the hospital, she was already gone. I was waiting for her everyday inside our home while drinking different types of wine, hoping for her to show up but two year had gone away, she never did.

Years later, we saw each other again in an unexpected area. She looked fine and successful without me. That was the life that she ever wanted if I didn't show up in the picture. But I don't care, I want her and I will always want her and nothing could stop me from taking her back in my arms again. If she was with Edu, I've still got string to hold on, our marriage papers.

When I saw her crying that day because I made her wait and she figured out that I was with Kimberly, that's the moment I knew that I had a big chance to win her back. She still got love for me. She wouldn't cry if she didn't care, right.

I followed her through Bicol and accepted the University's offer right away, still thankful 'til now that I have Rupert. He told me that offer actually and it was like a heaven-sent.

Maybe our love story wasn't perfect like others. Our marriage wasn't that clear and neat but it will always remain beautiful like my wife. Of all the wrong things that's happening in this world, she's that only thing that's right. Promises can be hard to believe sometimes because when it is break, it breaks two hearts too, but my promises to Rheiniel will always be in my mind.

Yet I don't need to make promises to make her feel secured. Love isn't about feeding your partner lots of promises, because if you do, there's a possibility to break her without a sound. I don't wanna do that, I just want to cherish her without speaking too much.

"Parang pamilyar ang kantang yan ah" I raised my brows at her. She couldn't remember our song on our wedding day. Although it was just a piano but I can still remember that song.

"You don't know that song?"

"Pamilyar nga eh" She's mad again. I was just asking.

"Okay. That's the background music on our wedding day"

"Halaa. Oo? Bakit hindi ko alam? Say you won't let go lang tumatak sa isip ko eh" I chuckled a little and stood from my seat to ask her to dance.

It's her friend's engagement party, Trisha I guess and I was forced by her to attend here. It's not new to me that no matter how boring the place is, I will always try to fit myself in because of her. I can wait all day as long as she's enjoying.

She slowly stood up. She's wearing a knee-length purple dress. Her baby bump is slightly showing but she looks so beautiful as always. She got a bright smile that I don't see more often these days, since she's always mad at me when I'm not even doing anything.

"What's it called? Sorry, I really forgot"

"It's you" I whispered to her and she nodded. We slowly swayed our bodies. I wrapped my arms around her waist as if protecting her from everybody. I know this party isn't about us but everyone's eyes are all on me and my wife.

'You
You're my love, my life, my beginning
And I'm just so stumped I got you
Girl, you are the piece I've been missing
Remembering now

All the times I've been alone, shown me the way
Led me here, led me home
Right through that door straight to you
You're my love, my life, my beginning
It's you'

I sing the last part, whispering it through her ears. I can feel how she reacts suddenly. She tightened her hold on my shoulder and pulled me for a hug.

"It's always you, baby"

I didn't hear her response, only her sniffs on my shirt and her small sobs while keep pulling me closer.  Oh God, What will become of me if there's no her? She will always be the half of my heart. The only one who can complete me. The only woman who can make me keeps my promises.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

7.2M 230K 12
Special chapters/AUs that are written during my Write with Me session in KUMU! Join me for spoilers, polls, and prizes! Kumu: @gwy.saludes
6.4K 60 26
I'm scared! Help me to read this... SPG 😎🤤 (18+above, Languages, Sexlovestory) some errors, gammars. Hope you like it! Please vote and comment. T...
1.2M 30.7K 64
"Love is like war,easy to begin but very hard to stop." Alastair Gray McKlein- a wealthy young-man guy with an epitome of God except to his personali...
1.5M 38.3K 40
SPG-R18 (Series 5) Life is struggle for Shea to go through life after the death if her grandmother. But then he came, Kiel Sebastian, an oh so good...