Hilton's POV

This will be the last update for this story. I hope you enjoyed this journey with me, figuring out the life of the married couple named Rheiniel and Hilton. Because I enjoyed writing this whole thing up. There may be lots of hindrances by finishing this one but still I overcame it and I survived. That's life, eh. Anyway, this one will be Hilton's point of view. It's about his thoughts throughout their love story from the very beginning. I'm glad I finished it before tomorrow because tomorrow's a busy day. Happy New year, readers!! Wish you all the best, the happiness, the kindness of year 2024. I wish this another year will be good to us. :*
--------------------------------------- -------------------------------

End

How can you say that you're in love? I don't think you can actually put it into words; you just feel it deep within your heart. It's that overwhelming sensation when you can't bear to be apart from that special woman anymore. When you reach that point, hold on to her tightly and never let her go. Love is a powerful emotion that is best experienced and felt rather than explained.

"Patay na patay sayo si Julia noh. Ayaw ka tantanan. Balikan mo na nga" I don't know if Rupert was just bluffing or he's being serious. It's not funny.

"Hindi ko binabalikan ang mga ex ko" I smirked and watch the view outside the airplane again. Yet after I met her, I just ate those words I said to my brother-in-law.

Unfortunately, I let him convinced me to accept a project to his hometown, Bicol, Albay province. He's really good at convincing people, so here I am sitting with him on the way to the unfamiliar place. He said that it's a very beautiful place and I won't regret it for saying yes to his offer.

And he was right. I didn't regret choosing the project in Bicol, not only because the place is beautiful, but also because I found someone truly beautiful. From the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew for sure that she was the one I would be with for the rest of my life. It was an instant connection that I couldn't ignore, and I am grateful every day for the decision that brought me to her.

It all started in the dark.

She sat alone on a high stool, her presence captivating amidst the bustling bar. Her eyes scanned the bar, as if taking in the surroundings with a sense of curiosity. Her brown eyes sparkled in the vibrant lights, complementing her cherry-pouty lips. She had a slender nose and beautiful, long black hair that added to her overall charm. So pretty.

I couldn't resist the urge to approach her and strike up a conversation. She seemed like an angel, and despite any discomfort she may have felt, she chose to stay and engage in conversation out of respect for me, knowing that I was Rupert's friend, a professor from Bicol University.

"So, you're an AB English student?" I asked, seeking confirmation. If it was true, my admiration for her would only grow. I have a fondness for girls who speak English well, as I often communicate in the language myself.

"Oo. Bakit? May problema ka sa course ko?" Her eyebrows raised slightly, giving the impression that my question may have annoyed her. However, her inherent cuteness remained intact.

Rupert was trying to introduce me to some of her colleagues and other students but I was so glued to that mysterious girl sitting all alone and drinking an orange juice. That was really absurd yet I find it charming that she's not into drinking liquor. The way she looked at my face, it seemed like she couldn't believe that I was really sitting beside her. I'm used with that kind of reaction to every girls I've encountered but hers was damn precious. I like the way she admired my looks, the way she gasp some air every time I tried to get closer to her.

When she said that she needed to go home, I wanted to stop her and ask her to stay a while but who am I to have the right to do that?

'I need to make excuses to see her more often'. That's what I kept on thinking when I was about to leave the next day. I saw her all alone inside their room and I caught her staring at me while I was talking with Rupert. Her reaction when she saw me, looking at her was one of the cutest. I offered to help her on her thesis and asked for her number in return. That's when everything about us started. I kept on texting or calling her even though I was in the middle of my work.