CHAPTER 14

His Promises

I stood there in shocked as I watched him kneeled infront of me and holding a small box and a diamond ring inside of it. I couldn't believe that things like this would still possible to happen in my life. I didn't know that we'd reach this far.

I never thought of marrying him someday. I have been always bracing myself of losing him. I knew we weren't suitable for each other. I wasn't the girl who'll pass his standards as a wife. But here he is.

"Please marry me. I couldn't imagine living my life without you. I've been accustomed with your presence. I missed you when I'm not with you. You probably think that I'm rushing things for the both of us. You're still young but I want you to grow with me. I want us to live together and continue counting years."

I was so young. I was 24 years old. We were four years in a relationship but that four years we were kind of like on-off, on-off. Akala ko nga tuluyan na kaming magkakahiwalay pero lagi siyang bumabalik para suyuin ako. Until we get to this point. He's proposing. As I watch him asking for my hand there's a lot of things in my mind that time.

I'm only starting to build my career. Since mama and papa expected in me too much, I promised to myself that I had to focus on my goals and dreams not just for me but for my family. I have siblings to support their studies. My parents never obligate me to do that but I want to. If I don't help my family then who else will?

"I-i want to. But I have my family to support. Hindi ako mayaman kagaya mo Hilton. I don't think-"

"I'll support them. What's the use of my money if I don't help you? I'll do everything you want. Just... marry me"

"Ayokong maging pabigat sayo"

"I love you, baby. You'll never be a burden to me. You're my strength. I'm so scared to lose you" he said huskily. He licked his lower lips and his dimples showed. He never left an eye-contact with me

"I'll marry you" nanlaki ang mga mata niya at parang hindi pa makapaniwala.

"Shit. For real?"

"Oo nga"

"Jesus Christ. If this is a dream I wish not to wake up anymore" tumayo siya para yakapin at halikan ako. It was a long kiss. That was our longest kiss in our entire relationship. He never deepened our kisses like this since he said he don't want to get tempt.

He respected me too much. He never brought me to some dark areas. We will only go on a date outside like malls, parks and some public places. Not just in a private place because he doesn't want to do it until we get married. That's what I love him the most. His respect is too much high.

I thought he was a playboy or a manwhore cause that's what his face is shouting at. His manly and gorgeous face. He can get all the girls he want for himself. Yet here he is beside me. He stayed and loved me more than I deserve.

After that passionate kiss. He catch my hand and rub my fingers. He slowly slid the beautiful and expensive ring on my finger. It suits perfectly. I stared at my fingers for a while. Still trying to absorb in my head what just happened tonight.

He called his mom after that night telling them that he's engaged. I didn't know what's their reaction since I wasn't the one who's talking to them. Pinapunta niya ang pamilya niya dito sa Bicol para daw mamanhikan.

I heard na parang pinipilit niya pa ang mga ito dahil parang ayaw pumunta. Gusto niya kasing gawin din yung nakagawian na dapat humarap siya sa pamilya ko at isama ang kaniyang pamilya at maghanda. Gusto niya nga sana ng malaking selebrasyon pero pinigilan ko. Small celebration will be appreciated.