Best Mistake

By allhailqueendani

"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confus... More

Chapter One: City of Angels
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Character List
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Thirty-One

349 8 1
By allhailqueendani

Special thank you to EC_Faith for giving me my first thirty votes!🥹💗

"I can show you more options if any of these aren't to your liking."

I found myself sitting outside by the pool of a house I'd grown so accustomed to in my younger years.

Marsai, my ex's boyfriend fiancée sipped on her cranberry juice and rubbed her pregnant belly as I showed her scrapbooks of the previous jobs I'd done.

"No, I like these colors perfectly fine."

"Okay."

"I think I'll stick with the pink and blue." she settled and I nod my head.

"Of course."

Marsai sighed; clearly something was on her mind. "Be honest, you think it's to plain."

"Honestly, I doesn't exactly scream grandest party of the year it.." I told her and she giggled slightly.

"Well, what would you suggest?" she questioned, and my eyes scanned the booklet before an idea popped in my head.

"How about gold, lemon yellow and blush brown." I pointed to the different colors palettes.

"You think so, but wouldn't it clash with my traditional blue and pink."

"Not necessarily. You plan on using these colors for the whole of the party while the blue and pink will primarily be in gender related stuff."

"Right."

"You can take my word for it but at the end of the day the decision is up to you, feel free to think it over while looking through the book some more." I suggested.

"Okay." she nod her head.

Suddenly my phone begin to ring and I quickly fished it out of my purse, checked it and saw that it was Ashley calling.

"Excuse me for a moment, I have to take this." I told Ms.Wilson.

"Of course, You should probably answer that inside the house." Ms.Wilson said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. It's much more quiet in there."

After little consideration, I found myself entering the house and answering Ashley phone call.

"Hello." I said, as I closed the patio door behind me.

"Hi, what are you doing?"

"Sort of in a meeting with a client, so forgive me if I have to cut this conversation short. What do you want?"

"Are you busy tonight?" she asked and I rose an eyebrow.

"Depends. Why?"

"Theo just closed one of the biggest deals of his life and wants to celebrate with a few of his friends, you care to join?"

"Not really."

"Please you know how horribly boring these people are and I need someone there to entertain me."

"That's exactly why I declined, I'd rather stay home & take dick with my panties pulled to the side than go to dinner with Theo's boring friends."

"Come on, you can even bring your boyfriend. This would be the perfect opportunity for us to meet him."

"l don't know."

"Please!"

"Alright, I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you.. Thank you... Thank you..Bye."

"Wait.. You didn't even tell me where we're going?"

"The NITECAP... It's opening Mic night. Maybe tonight we'll get to hear that angelic voice of yours." she teased and I laughed, my voice was the furthest from angelic.

"Of course not, but alright bye see you later." I told her before ending the call, soon after I got on my phone and searched for Nando's contact, once I came across it I tapped on on our messages and decided to send him a quick text asking if he happened to be free tonight.

Right as I pressed send on that message, I heard the door to the entrance open and close, then the sound of footsteps could be heard coming down the hall.

"Oh, shit." I said, as the person reveal themselves to be Zachariah.

"Jazmin. Hey."

"Hey." I said, dully.

"Why do you say it like that?"

"Zachariah, seriously?" I deadpanned.

"Yeah, I know." Realization dawned on him and he shook his head.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ironing out a few details for the gender reveal with your fiancée."

"She's really looking forward to this."

"Yeah, I'm aware."

"Why are you being so curt with me?"

I narrowed my eyes at him because he knew exactly why and chose to act clueless; "You know why." I told him.

"Look, Jazmin you know I still love you, right?"

"Zac don't—" I shook my head.

"Seriously I do." He spoke and I glared at him.

"Are you forgetting you're the one who left me, correction cheated on me, then went and knocked up the same chick you did your dirt with."

"Look, I know and I kick myself everyday for how things ended between us."

"Do you?"

"Yeah." He nod.

"Well, keep on kicking."

"Can I just take you to dinner, so I can explain?

"Zac, there's nothing to explain."

"Yeah there is, I atleast owe you that."

"Look, Zachariah I'm happy and you should go be the same with the girl carrying your unborn child."

He shook his head.

"There's more to that story than you can even imagine, can I just take you to dinner so I can explain."

"No, because my boyfriend wouldn't like that."

"Y-You've moved on."

"Yes, did you expect for me to wait around for you?!"

He raised his hand and scratched the back of his neck, "Sort of."

"Ha!" I laughed in his face.

"Your an idiot." I shook my head.

Next thing I know the patio door was being pushed open and Ms. Wilson was sticking her head inside.

"I think I know what I want to do." she announced happily, but than realized Zachariah was here and her eyes flickered between us.

"Zac, what are you doing home so early?"

"I left some important papers on my desk, had to drop in and get them." He told her.

"Oh well, what were the two of you chatting about? Baby names?" she joked. I glanced at Zachariah, a smirk fell upon my lips when an light bulb goes off in my head and I thought up something so cunning.

"Mr. Noble and I were actually just discussing the perfect way to reveal the gender of your baby and he suggested a fly-by."

"What is that?"

"Basically a helicopter fly-by and release smoke-powder creating a dazzling streak across the sky to announce the gender of your new arrival."

"Babe that's amazing. You're willing to do that for me?" she said excitedly.

"Anything to make you happy." He smiled awkwardly and I chuckled.

******

******

"You're fucking gorgeous." Fernando looked at me as I exit my apartment bulding, closing the door behind me.

I was wearing this tan mini dress with a boned corset overlay and underwired cups that snatched the body for a sexy, cinched fit. The cups had pretty draped details while the skirt features all-over ruched detailing.

"You look really handsome." I told him as I walked down the stairs. He wore this slim fit suit in the color black and a white t-shirt replaced his usual button up, which was a little more on the casual side.

"Thank you." He said, pressing a kiss to my lips once I got to the bottom.

"You ready babe?" He asked and I nod my head.He opened the car door for me and I get in, After he closes it and goes around to the driver side.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to come to this with me." I immediately say once he was situated in the driver seat.

"No problem, I was interested in meeting the people you hang around on an ordinary basis, anyway."

"Good, because my bestfriend is eager to meet you aswell. Fair warning she intends to ask you a bunch of questions to make you uncomfortable."

"That'll be impossible, but still it'll be interesting to see what she's got for me."

"Yeah and once you get pass all twenty questions, she'll absolutely love you."

"Hopefully." He said, before putting the key in the ignition and starting up the car.

"Although if she doesn't that'll be just fine, because I do." I smiled and leaned against his arm.

"I like you too, angel." He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

Apparent one forehead kiss wasn't nearly enough, because the whole way to our destination he would stop to peck my forehead.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I asked, curiously.

"Kissing you? I just want to." He shrugged, making me chuckle.

"Yeah that's 'cause you're obsessed with me'." I teased with a huge smile on my face.

"I'm obsessed? This is coming from the mouth of the girl who literally has my bicep in a chokehold." He said, and my clutch on his arm tightened.

"I just missed you alot today but that doesn't make me obsessed."

"Oh yeah, so what does that make you?!"

"Clingy."

"I like when your clingy."

"I like that your obsessed with me." I replied and he laughed.

"You say that now but wait until you find out I'm watching your at every waking moment."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You'd really do that?"

"Honey, I have the time and the resources."

My eyes widen at this honest truth and although I should be freaking out I was kind of turned on.

"You're crazy." I told him.

"I know."

"You know, you wear alot of hats in this relationship."

"What do you mean?"

"You're my lover...my stalker..my protector...my prop—"

"You're forgetting the most important one." He interrupted me.

"What?"

"I'm your daddy, too." He said with a slight smirk on his face and I laughed.

After our conversation in the car we briefly arrived at the restaurant. We walked inside and I immediately spot Ashley and Theo sitting at a nearby table.

"Hey guys." I waved to them, grabbing there attention.

"Hi sugar." Ashley cooed as she lifted from her seat and jumped into my arms, Theodore sighed behind her.

"Everytime." He rolled his eyes, making us laugh.

"Jealous much?" I teased as Ashley detached myself from me.

"No, can we just act like adults for one evening."

"Never." Ashley and I said at the same time, he shook his head.

"Aww, come on babe you know we only act all touchy just to make you angry, we really hate eachother's gut." Ashley joked, rubbing his arm.

"I'm aware." He grumbled, making me chuckle.

Theo pretends to hate our antics but he absolutely loved it, it was something that made us all close and that's why he played along everytime.

"Okay guys..." I said, excitedly grabbing Nando hand in mine.

"Mr. Rivera." Theodore's surprised voice, interrupted my introduction.

"Wait, what am I missing? You two know each other?" I pointed between them slightly confused.

"Yes, Mr. Rivera happens to be one of my biggest clients, this man owns alot of property.."

"Really?" I flickered my eyes toward Nando.

"What can I say, I'm a jack of all trades." He shrugged.

Ashley and I gave eachother a 'what the fuck' look.

"Well I guess since you guys are already acquainted there's no need for an introduction."

"Um hey, what about me?" Ashley waved and I sighed.

"Fine. Ashley meet Fernando, Fernando meet Ashley." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Same." she smiled.

"Okay, so are you guys hungry? I hope so because we've already ordered the salmon, it's really good here." Ashley announced.

"Wait, you ordered for the whole table?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry, who says we eat seafood?"

"I'm know you eat fish, we just took a shot in the dark when we ordered for him." she pointed at Nando before taking her seat.

"Salmon is fine." Fernando chimed in, and I shook my head.

"See, the nice gentleman say it's okay!" Ashley exclaimed and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Next time can you please have the decency to call me first or wait until we arrive so we can order our own food." I told her as we followed behind them in taking seats, like a gentleman Nando pulled out my chair for me then he sat down beside me.

"Duly noted."

"So, where are your other guest?" I questioned as I looked around at the table and noticed it only consist of four chairs.

"Unfortunately something came up and they couldn't make it."

I glanced over at Ashley as she let out a sigh of relief and I smiled at her craziness.

"That's to bad honey, I was so looking forward to seeing them." she said, rubbing his back.

"Yeah." He reached for his glass and took a sip.

"So how did the two of you meet?" Theo asked, sitting up in his seat.

"She lost her phone in my club, I found it and the next day she came by to pick it up." Fernando answered.

"Technically we met the night before when I forgot my ID at home and he helped me get in the club." I further explained.

"Jazmin at the club? I take it you were there too." Theo said with a questionable look, glancing towards Ashley for an answer.

"You know I was. That night happened to be very eventful." Ashley smirked before taking a sip from her champagne glass.

"Fernando, were you born in California?" Ashley asked although she was fully aware of his past, since we searched him up.

"No, Mexico." He answered and I smiled.

"How many years have you lived here, in the U.S?"

"Twelve or so years."

"You like it here?"

"Been here this long." He shrugged.

"Do you have family."

"Of course, doesn't everyone."
"Anyone that resides here?
"Yes, my sister."
"Parents?" Ashley asked.

"Of course, they live in Mexico." I answered for him.

"Where in Mexico do they live?" Ashley pressed I loved that she was willing to ask below surface questions but I wasn't sure if Fernando was.

He cleared his throat and sat up in his seat. "How about you tell me about yourself first. I only know a light job description and that you two are really close." He scooted his chair closer.

Ashley face contorted into shock as she didn't expect him to turn the question on her.

"There isn't much to know about me other than I have my friend best interest at heart..."

"Is that so?"

"Indeed it is, You're not usually the type of guy she goes for and I'm unsure what she sees in you. So I must ask what are your intentions with my bestfriend?" she parted her mouth to question him just as the waitress approached our table with platters of food and she placed them down in front of us, partly incorrect with the placement, but we fixed that quickly by trading plates.

"Anyways, as I was saying—"

"Ashley I think that's enough for now." I decided to intervened before she could ask him anymore question.

"Yeah, let the man eat for heaven sake." Theo chimed in which earned him an eye roll.

"Fine. Kill me if I want to know more about the man dating my sister." she said before stabbing the lettuce on her plate, I shook my head.

Eventually Ashley and Theo started up a conversation between themselves while Nando and I did the same.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"She's not holding back. I feel like I'm at a job interview."

"I know but you're doing so great." I told him, smoothing my thumb over his cheek to remove any lipgloss.

"Leave it." He told me and I smiled, sitting my hand in my lap.

"If she's acting like that, I can't imagine meeting your lawyer father." He shook his head and I chuckled

"Yeah, when the time comes I might have to prep' you for those questions. Which is easier for you flash cards or notes?!" I joked lightly.

"Adderal." He answered and I laughed.

After dinner we left the guys at the table to talk before heading over to the bar to get us something to drink.

"So what do you think?" I asked Ashley as I sipped on an gin and tonic.

"First, let me begin with he's twice as hot up close...and he's big like super 'big'." she said, putting the emphasis on big.

"I'm aware." I smiled.

"He seems very laid back, well mannered and an apparent gentleman. He passed my boyfriend test with flying color just aslong as he continues treating you well I'm fine with you dating him."

"You sound like somebody's father. More specifically mine."

"I'm trying to be your mama." she exclaimed and I slapped her arm.

"Your disgusting, my dad practically raised you."

"So what, he still can get it." she shrugged and I shook my head.

"I know you like to joke about cheating but would you ever actually step out on Theo?"

She sighed deeply; "No, he's literally my soulmate I would never do that to him.."

"I thought I was your soulmate." I pouted playfully.

"You're my platonic soulmate. Theo's the love of my life, the literal air I breathe."

"Aww, that sounds lovely."

"I know." she smiled.

"Speaking of soulmates, you would never believe who I ran into today?"

"Who?"

"Zachariah."

"Shit."

"Yeah."

"Where?"

"I was at his house—" she interrupted before I could finish explaining.

"Why the hell were you doing at his house?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm planning his fiancée's gender reveal."

"Wait, you're what?!!" she nearly shouted.

"I'm—" she interrupted me, again.

"I heard you!! I didn't know he was engaged let along expecting a baby."

"Yep." I nod my head; " But that's not all."

"What more can there be?"

"He told me he still loves me."

"Shut the front door."

"Yeah and unfortunately for me that brought back a whole bunch of unwanted feeling."

"Make sense, you did have it bad for him."

"Yeah, I'm just so mad at myself for even wanting him."

"Wait, So, you want him or you don't want him?"

"I don't want him. I'm genuinely happy with Nando. I swear it"

"I know, but you also swore Zac was the one.."

"Yeah, but he fucked me over."

"Yeah and you haven't been the same since."

I shook my head thinking about that whole situation, " I was sure I moved on from him."

"I know honey, It's probably just your conscious telling you that you need closure from the situation."

"Well, he did ask me out to dinner so he can explain himself."

"Maybe you should take him up on his offer."

"What?"

"Yep. Go see what that's about so you can officially end that chapter of your life."

"Are you insane? Fernando would kill me."

"You should tell him."

"Very funny, now be serious."

"Okay, tell him or don't tell him. Regardless I got your back." she shrugged.

I sighed deeply. "Fine."

"You're life is such a fever dream." Ashley shook her head.

"I know."

"Here I am thinking about blowing my man rocks off and you drop this bomb on me."

"Ash please, to much information." I cringed in disgust.

"As if you don't plan on doing the exact same thing once you leave here."

"I don't know, I'm a little tired I might crash when I get home." I yawned.

"Suit yourself but me and mine's will be taking a nice hot ride on an sex swing." she smirked.

"Remind me to never touch the door handles in your place, ever again." I told her and she laughed.

Soon Ashley left my side to go join Theo and Nando took her place beside me.

"Your friend is quite intuitive."

"What did she do?"

He tilted my chin up and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"We're so fucking tonight." He whispered against my lips and I pulled away.

"How did you even hear that?"

"Good ears."

"Liar, you were eavesdropping."

"Sort of."

"So did I pass her test?"

"Apparently."

"How did you like her?"

"Irksome but tolerable."

"Irksome? Did her questions annoy you that much?"

"Her personality is a bit much for me and I didn't particularly like how the two of greeted eachother, what was that anyway?"

"That was just a silly little joke."

"Still I don't like it."

"I don't like that you don't like her."

"I didn't say I didn't like her, I just don't find her presence pleasant. But that problem can be solved with time I just need to warm up to her; and in any case that doesn't happen I understand her importance in your life and I would never come between that."

"Okay." I nod my head.

"Did you atleast enjoy your dinner?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to enjoy dessert much better."

"But we didn't—" I cut myself off as I realized what he was referring to, I lookup at him and he gave me this look.

I pressed my thigh together in response, wondering if my panties would be able to withstand all the moisture if he keep staring me down like that, yet his face remained emotionless.

"After we leave here I would like to take you somewhere special." He spoke and I nod my head.

"Okay but where might that be?!"

"My place."

"But I've been to your place plenty of times, it isn't so special anymore.." I smiled.

"Let me rephrase that I would like to bring you to my house."

"Oh.." My eyes widened, as unpleasant memories recurred in my mind.

"I know you've been there before but you didn't get the proper tour due to certain circumstances."

"Okay." I nod my head.

"Alright." He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Soon after that we started up a conversation about the restaurant but that didn't last long as it was interrupted by my annoying friend.

"Come do a song with me." Ashley beckoned me.

"No, I don't feel like singing." I said, dismissively.

"Please." she gave me puppy dog eyes and I shook my head.

"Oh, you ladies should perform Journeys 'Don't Stop Believin' I love that song, especially when amateurs sing the lyrics." Nando chimed in.

"See, he'll love it. Come on." Ashley said, grabbing my hand.

"Go ahead babe." Nando insisted and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're the worst" I mouthed to him as Ashley begin dragging me towards the stage and he grinned.

******

"I always wondered why people buy such big houses if only one person will be living there, personally I find it ridiculous."

Nando had just given the complete tour of the first floor of his house and we were heading back in the livingroom, discussing what I saw.

"Well I need room for all my stuff and of course my huge ego." He joked and I laughed.

"Yeah, yours isn't easily deflated." I shook my head.

"Would you like a tour of the upstairs now?" He asked.

"Of course."

"Okay but first I need a drink. Would you like some champagne." He asked and I nod.

He moved to the bar, where he grabbed two glasses and began to pour us some pink champagne.

"Fancy." I said as he passed me the bubbly.

"You like this kind?"

"It's okay. Do you?"

"I like it." I admit taking a sip from my glass.

"I like alot of champagne. But I didn't think I could pick my favorite until this very moment."

"Why do you say that?"

"Pink champagne is officially my favorite due to it being the reason for you getting out of that dress tonight." He answered and I laughed.

"Well I guess we should toast pink champagne, it's the only thing better than regular champagne." I told him and we clinked our glasses together.

"Let's go upstairs." He said as he sat his already finished glass down on the coffee table.

"Okay but I already saw your bedroom so don't expect a big 'wow' moment." I warned him and he smirked in response.

"You didn't see my bedroom, what you saw was the guest room."

My mouth fell open.

"If that was the guest room I can't wait to see what the master looks like."

"I promise you won't be disappointed. Follow me." He grabbed my hand and began walking towards the stairs.

Eventually we made it to his bedroom and I immediately let go of his hand as I looked around.

"Uh, this is so you." I told him as I moved further inside, noticing the tall bed in the center of the room.

"What is this high-grade egyptian cotton, I'm thinking four hundred and thirty four thread count..." I sat down, running my hand over the the smooth sheets.

"God. You're so boujee." His eyes stayed on mine.

"And you love it." I smiled.

"Mhmm." He replied, coming to sit next to me on his bed.

"Impeccable choice." I told him.

"I know." Nando hand reached out, grabbed my jaw and he crashed his soft lips on to mine.

He pecked my lips a few times and I pull away before thing can get hot and heavy.

"Show me the closet." I told him, removing his hand from my face and pulling him up to his feet.

He lead me towards some white double doors and pushes them open revealing another room.

It was a stunning two story closet that featured a staircase leading up to the second floor that was fitted with mirrored closet doors and shelves lined with designer clothes. It also boasted a crystal droplets chandelier illuminating an oval closet island with mirrored top surrounded by mirrored bi-fold wardrobe doors and shelves for shoes.

"Aw. It's lovely." I said as I looked around, mesmerized by the beautiful sight.

"Think so?"

"Mhm." I nod my head.

"Can I take a look around?" I asked, eager to explore.

"Yes you may."

With his consent I explored the closet, I scavenge through every drawer, check behind every door and looked through ever shelf.

Somehow I found the drawer with his sunglasses and there was a pair in there that I immediately fell in love with.

"You like them, huh?" Nando asked as I put the black frames on my face.

"Yes."

"You can have them if you like."

"Seriously?"

"Mhm." He nod his head.

"Okay."

"Alright you had your fun, but now it's time for bed." He said, removing the sunglasses from my face and I pouted slightly.

He grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the bedroom.

"Wait." I stopped in my tracks.

"What?" He asked and I run over to one of the drawers I'd previously searched through and pulled out a silk shirt.

"I liked this one." I said, hugging it to my chest and Fernando chuckled.

"I don't know why you bother getting night clothes when I'm just going take it off of you.." Nando smirked.

"I was thinking instead of sex tonight we can just cuddle."

"No sex?" He repeated but I couldn't help but detect a hint of disappointment.

"You sound disappointed. Is that really all I'm good for?"

"Of course not angel." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Big spoon or Little Spoon?" He asked and I smiled.

"Little Spoon."

"Okay." He nods. I get undressed and changed into the T-shirt while Nando settled for a pair of boxers.

We get in bed and I become comfortable under the duvet; the sheets, the pillows, everything smelt like him.

I laid on the right side facing the window, while Nando did the same and wrapped me in a big hug, his arm rested over my waist and our legs intertwined together.

"Goodnight angel." He whispered, pressing a kiss to the curve of my jaw.

"Night." I mumbled, snuggling further into his embrace and it wasn't long after we said our goodnight's that I drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

960K 15K 40
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝." "𝐌𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐭." ...
100K 1.8K 44
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
1.6M 71.9K 52
Just one slight mistake threw me into a world that knows nothing but crime, violence, betrayal, and death. Just one slight incident led me into the...