Imperfect Mate

By NightWolf718

Attending CottonWood High, also known as CottonWood Living Quarters For Rouges, life is difficult for Estelle... More

Prologue- Before CottonWood
Chapter 2- The Cabin
Chapter 3- Awakening
Chapter 4- The TakeDown
Chapter 5- Hidden Within
Chapter 6- Just Another Ceremony
Chapter 7- The Night
Chapter 8- Tongue Tied
Chapter 9- The Party
Chapter 10- Secrets Revealed
Chapter 11- Feelings Revealed
Chapter 12- The Monster Inside
Chapter 13- Missing You
Chapter 14- His Hidden Thoughts
Chapter 15- His Hidden Soft Spot
Chapter 16- The Camp
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part One
Chapter 17- Escape Attempt || Part Two
Chapter 18- Confessions
Chapter 19- BreakUps
Chaper 20- Is this even Love?
Chapter 21- Mistakes Uncovered
Chapter 22- The Unexpected
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part One
Chapter 23- A White Dress and Tux ||Part Two
Chapter 24- The Truth
Chapter 25- You're Mine
Chapter 26- Getaway
Chapter 27- Endless Footfalls
Chapter 28- Freedom
Chapter 29- A New Life (Ending)
<>Epilogue<>

Chapter 1- The Hunt

6K 209 2
By NightWolf718

Chapter 1- The Hunt
----------------

Running, all four paws plummeting the moist soil, heart pumping like wild hornets as I bolted after an innocent deer...

This was my life.

This was my life rather or not if I like it or enjoyed it.

Chasing after raw meat wasn't pleasant. I forced myself to think of the blood coursing through it as I hunted it down constantly.

Thump thump, thump thump, thump thump... The sound of the heartbeat loud in my ears.

The rest of the rogues here were having no trouble running after the vulnerable deer. They often glanced at me in challenge, knowing that I was a 'hybrid'.

'Keep up if you can' was what their eyes read.

But they didn't know anything of vampires. I could run probably faster then any other werewolf here, but all I try to do is fit in with the others around me.

Rain started to fall, clumping up into my thick coat of white fur. Howling came from my rogue partners as I noticed that Vance has attacked the deer down, ripping at it with his claws.

Their cheerful glee of noises only hurt my head, as I dangerously knew that our alpha will once again be ashamed of me.

Last time, he nearly held back from slashing my throat due to his frustration with me of not being able to get the kill when hunting...

Vance picked the deer off the leafy ground with his jaws as autumn was nearing. Blistery winds blew my fur in circles as rain pelted, but not fazing me as the other rogues tensed and slowed.

My blood was cold and my heart only ever pumped when I was in wolf transformation. It was an odd feeling to have my heart beat.

Fico neared Vance and he clawed the deer harshly, trying to free it from Vance's mouth.

Blood seeped into the soil in the process, causing my nose to sniff deeply and moan in pleasure.

This wasn't going to end up well....

Vance growled, taking his ground as he pounced slightly, trying to get Fico to back off.

But Fico only pounced higher, getting onto Vance's back and started to slash his skin.

Blood...

I haven't drank in days, my energy was low. I felt my eyes dilate.

Vance growled in anger, jerking his back up as he jumped, forcing Fico to get flown off, hitting a tree trunk nearby in the process. My vampire hearing detected the snap of bones in his ribs.

His howl of pain echoed in my brain, rattling my emotions to walk forward until I was nuzzling his nose with mine.

The other rouges ran off, leaving him and I alone together.

I could basically taste the blood pouring from his wounds, but I dare not to drink as I didn't want to be banished from this committee.

His transformation of being wolf faded due to his pain and injures. I mold down to human again as well, the both of us nude which wasn't an unusual sight for wolves. It came natural actually.

My mind screamed at me as I started my attempt to calm his groans of pain with strokes of my hand over his brow.

His amber eyes of a werewolf glared daggers into my cherry red ones.

"Get the hell out of here," he orders me, his healing ability was sealing up his fractured ribs quickly,"no one needs you."

"No, I may stay here as long as I please," I say confidently, ignoring his negative comments about me.

"You freak of nature!" He yelled in a raspy, sore voice, "get the hell out of here before I heal fully and beat your sorry little ass!"

I scowl at him, my pale skin blinding my own eyes, the sun hurt but didn't burn due to my wolf genes.

I may look like a freak to him, but I'm just different.

Everyone deserves a chance. Even the bastards, which in this case this guy was.

"Then you're going to have to beat my sorry little ass,'' I conclude, getting up as he did.

His height was gargantuan compared to mine, which intimidated me a little. His muscles were huge as they flexed and his tan skin tensed with rage.

"Then beating your sorry little ass it is," Fico declared, firing his fist at me.

Jumping high into the air, I do summersaults to avoid his attacks, easily getting away from his clenched fists just as he snatches me in mid jump and smacks me to the hard ground.

Pain shot up my spine as his foot stepped down on me, pressing me into the forest soil.

I squeeze my arm free and slash his ankle, leaping to my feet just as he growls and jerks away.

Blood...

My actions took over and forced me to pounce on him, punching and snarling. I lean down to bite his neck... sucking his fresh blood.

"Estelle-"

"Get your asses back to camp!" Alpha shouts from out of the woods, interrupting Fico's words towards me.

"I'll get you back for this," Fico threatened before running off in wolf form after I leaped off him, leaving fresh puncture wounds.

I watch until he disappears out of my sight before my senses smell out a puddle of blood nearby.

Vance's blood from being scratched...

My tongue licks my lips, drool practically dripping. I bolt over to the blood, lapping it up with my tongue as my fangs extend in full pleasure.

My wrist wipes my mouth as I was finished, the Alpha not even shouting at me to get back to camp.

I guess I should take this time to hunt then, knowing my scolding was going to be announced from him in a very nasty manner for feeding off a member of the committee...

-

The rain poured harder, fog setting in. I ran, trusting my instincts to guide me instead of my eyesight.

"Estelle!" I heard a male's voice shout.

I ran the other way from the noise, not wanting to get into more trouble.

"Get the hell over here!" He yells, the male's voice unfamiliar.

A snap of branches was heard nearby.

Prey?

I bolt in the sound's direction, my paws snapping tons of branches in the process.

"Whoa, it's a little one!" Another random male says with surprise.

I growl and snarl, my sharp teeth and jaw snapping.

A kick is felt in my side as I go down, curling up in excessive pain.

How many are there?

"Grab her!" another shouts and all a sudden my nape is grasped. My body was pulled to my feet as my body reverted back to human.

I felt clothes get thrown at me seconds later, pain still erupting through me.

"Put them on," one orders me, doing as told, I pull the sweat shirt over my head and slip on the skinny jeans.

No undergarments?

"Who are you people?" I angrily question them.

"Your worst nightmare," they all say together, making me shiver.

"Where did you come fro-" my sentence was cut off when a fist plummets into my mouth.

I scream in pain, but only receive a manly hand to slap onto my lips, quieting me completely.

"Shut it!" A random male demands in a harsh whisper.

I roll my eyes and try to kick.

"We got a feisty one, Jared," one gleefully says, gripping onto my ankle.

"Just the way I like them," Jared smirks as he makes his way closer to me.

"Now, tell me where your camp is," he commands, "or this might just be hell on Earth for you."

Since the fog cleared over, I could visually see how muscular and tall each and every single one of them were.

There had to be six male werewolves circling me, expecting the answer to come out of my bloodied mouth in which I spat.

"Not around here," I explain,"I'm a lone hybrid...." my words trail off in a lie.

"Wrong answer smartass!" Jared violently bellows, plummeting a hand across my face violently. A shock of pain shimmers across my angry red cheek.

"Abusing me won't get you the answer," I daringly speak, "just set me down and back away from me."

I squeal with pain as I felt random sharp claws grip my forearm, blood dripping from a fresh wound.

"Tell us where your goddamn people are!" A different wolf asks me pissed off.

"I don't have any people!" I stammer, my heart surprisingly beating for once with pure fright.

"Why do you demand to know anyways?" I question, spitting more blood.

"None of your business, little one," Jared answers.

"No telling you then," I snippily speak just as howling is heard and my body is dropped to the ground.

Ouch...

"Get away from her!" A similar voice threatens.

"No problem, sir," Jared says, slowly backing away with his pack following his lead,"we were just leaving."

Rustling is heard before they run off, leaving me moaning in pain, my healing not so fast as most werewolves.

"Making me save your ass now?" Alpha questions me as I noticed it was him,"just after you try to eat one of your camp members?"

"They- they...." I stutter, clenching my fists.

"You know what?" Alpha says questionably,"I don't care."

I sigh as my body is lifted up off the ground and into his broad arms.

"That pack, they wanted to know where our people were," I actually get out, my voice sounding muffled.

"You didn't dare tell them?" He questions me, his deep voice calming.

"No," I simply answer.

"Good," was all he said, leaving me with a million questions left to be untold.

-

"Get the medics," Alpha ordered some other wolves as he laid me down on a big, smooth rock.

"Don't make me take you out of our hunting group," he adds towards me, "one more move like any of that back there and you're out, Estelle."

I nod, a scowl on my face as he strides away, but not after giving my clothes an odd look and adding,"Meet me nine o'clock sharp tonight, we've got some things to discuss."

I simply nod once more with heavy eyes...

"My dear!" One female werewolf medic gasps,"what happened?"

"Just encountered some unknown wolf pack," I explain lightly, not feeling like enlightening her on the whole situation.

Her thin blonde hair was up in a messy bun as she wore her medic outfit. She wore white rimmed glasses and a ton of makeup.

She wasn't the kind of person to actually make it into a pack, so she worked alone as a medic for those who healed poorly and not as quick like me.

Kira was her name.

"I'm so sorry to hear that honey!" She gasps.

"Thanks," I murmur, trying not to look at the other werewolves eyeing me from a far.

"I'm going to grab my supplies, just try to think about happy thoughts," she cheerfully speaks,"those wounds got to hurt!"

I roll my eyes back after she leaves.

Kira was never the one to hurt an animal in a hunt, so Alpha decided to put her as a medic...

The job fits her well.

"Hon, just close your eyes and open your mouth nice and wide," Kira says to me calmly when she got back with her 'supplies' in hand.

I do as told and the rest of the time here was a blur. Needles and pokes until I was talking and breathing normal again...

But the bruises never left, along with the open wounds that required bandages...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...
83.5K 1.4K 19
Jasmine is a rare werewolf; she's the only golden one to ever exist. But even in human form she stands out, being quite gorgeous. And yet, as luck wo...
9K 487 23
Following her father's steps she grew up in chaos, wildness and trouble. With a strange skin hunger syndrome, she is navigating through life as a rog...
447K 13.4K 49
Cover by @auroralust Available on Goodreads under this title. Every year, wolves of age from around the country attend their Placing Tournament, the...