The Intern

Von rosietapia3

What happens when a 16 year old girl applies for an internship at the Outset. She has lived a rough life, and... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 26

498 11 3
Von rosietapia3

-Sunday March 26-

*Amelia's POV*

Today Alex is leaving but first we're heading to one of my aunt's house to spend some time together. Alex got his bags and went on his car to my aunt's house while I waited for my parents. It was 11 right now. My dad and I went out for bagels and coffee in the morning like last week.

"Okay are we good to leave?" Dad asked.

"Yes let's go." Rose said. The drive was a 30 minute drive to a small neighborhood.

"Where do I park the car?" Dad asked as he saw the driveway full of cars.

"On the grass." I told him.

"I think that's illegal." Dad told me.

"Here, let me park it." I told him.

"Amelia we'll just find another spot." Mom told me.

"Please. I won't crash." I said. Dad got out and so did mom and Rose. I reversed the car right by the grass.

"That was cool." Rose said. We walked to the backyard where my family was. I took my family and I greeted everyone before sitting down. Rose went to play with my younger cousins. One of my older cousins Theo came to us.

"Amelia how are you?" He asked me.

"Good." I told him. He turned to my parents.

"I'm Theo, can I offer you any drinks?" He asked them.

"Water please." Mom told him.

"Any kind of beer please." Dad said. Theo went and brought their drinks. He left to help my aunt.

"Here dad let me open it for you." I told him and he handed me his bottle. I used the edge of the chair to open it.

"How?" Mom asked me.

"She has experience." My cousin Maria told them. She handed me a cup. "Here." She told me.

"Eyy Maria."I heard my aunt and she came and took my cup.

"Vamos tía." (Come on aunt.) I told her and she turned to me.

"No sigas con tus pinches estupidezes o si no." (No more of your fucking stupidity or if not) She started yelling at me.

"Ya ya...no te enojes." (Okay okay...don't get mad) I told her going back to sit with my parents.

"Scared of her." My mom stated.

"Who wouldn't." I said to her. Alex came and joined us. Soon we started eating.

"Food is good." My mom told me. We left at around 5. I didn't want to say goodbye to Alex but we had to.

*Scarlett's POV*

I noticed that Amelia was a bit sad because Alex left. And Jacob is with his family for some business meeting.

"Hey Rose, why don't you go play with Amelia." I told her.

"Yes mommy." She said and ran upstairs.

"You alright Scar?" Chris asked me.

"No...it's just I don't know. Amelia feels more happy with her adoptive family and I kind of feel bad. I made her leave her family because I got her back. I feel selfish Chris." I said and Chris gave me a hug.

"Scar, Amelia enjoys being with you. Have you seen how many times she smiles when you're here." He told me. He dragged me upstairs and led me to Amelia's room. Slowly opening the door. Amelia was on her bed while Rose was playing with stuffed animals on the ground. Rose stood up with a stuffed animal.

"Amelia?" Rose asked.

"Yeah Rose." Amelia said turning to her.

"What's the name of that little girl in Monsters Inc?" Rose asked her..

"Boo." Amelia answered her and Rose hit her with the stuffed animal on her face.

"You scared me." Rose said and I had to hold in a laugh. Chris chuckled.

"Rose I would run if I was you." Amelia told her and Rose started running. Me and Chris moved out of the way. Rose started laughing with Amelia behind her.

"You can't catch me." I heard Rose and I started laughing.

"See Scar, Amelia is happy with us and we're not stopping her from seeing her family." Chris explained. Suddenly I heard a sudden noise that made me jump.

"All good." Amelia yelled. I decided to check on them but Chris pulled me towards him and giving me a hug.

"Don't worry. I was looking at the wall and...it needs something." He told me. I looked at the wall in front of him. It was blank.

"What were you thinking?" I asked him.

"Maybe a picture frame with Amelia when she was born. I know you still have them." He said to me.

"I'll have them before your family comes." I told him. "Have I ever said how Amelia looks so much like you?" I said to him.

"No we don't." He responded.

"Hey Mom, can Jacob come over in a few minutes?" Amelia yelled. I went downstairs.

"Amelia we don't yell in this house. And yes he can come." I told her.

"Mommy, Amelia made me..." Rose started speaking but Amelia covered her mouth.

"Little kids, am I right?" Amelia said and took her hand away. "Did you just lick me?" She asked. Rose gave her a smile. You could see where her baby teeth fell.

"Hey Amelia, you haven't posted those tiktoks that you and me do. Right?" I asked her.

"Nope." Amelia told me. I went to sit to next to Chris.

"Have you seen the groupchat? Downey wants to do a competition of who has better kids." Chris told me.

"He's crazy. We're not going to compare our kids." I told him. "What's the competition?" I asked him making him laugh.

"Giving them bad gifts. Joe and Anthony are the judges." He explained.

*Amelia's POV*

Jacob and Gio got here around the same time that my parents went upstairs to finish some work with their agents.

"Gio and Jacob." Rose said.

"Hi." They both told her.

"What's in the bag?" Rose asked Gio.

"Some spicy chips but we got you some chocolate." Gio said handing her a kit kat bar.

"My mom is going to hate you." I warned him. Jacob came and gave me a kiss on my head.

"Any updates on your adopted dad?" He asked me.

"Nope. Maybe tomorrow." I told him. Gio was playing with Rose. 10 minutes later my parents came down.

"Hi Gio and Jacob." My parents said.

"Hi." They both said.

"Who gave you chocolate Rose?" Mom asked her and Rose pointed to Gio who gave her a smile.

"Gio." Mom told him.

"I was trying to do something kind." Gio told her. I noticed my dad had his hands behind his back.

"Dad, what are you hiding?" I asked him. He looked at me.

"Can I tell Amelia and Rose the surprise?" He asked.

"You two better not be having another kid." I told them.

"Nope." Mom said coming to sit next to me. "You don't have to worry about that." She told me. Dad gave me and Rose a wrapped gift. I took it and sat on the floor next to Rose. Dad got his camera out.

"Open them." He told us. I unwrapped mine and it was a bar of soap. I still had to be thankful.

"You like it?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah thank you for this gift." I told them and heard Rose sniffling.

"What happened Rose?" Jacob asked her.

"I got toilet paper." She said starting to cry.

"Rose you still have to be thankful." I told her.

"I am...but I was expecting like a toy." She said crying.

"Use the toilet paper to wipe your tears." I told her. I stood up and gave my parents a hug.

"Why are you so happy about a bar soap?" Jacob asked me.

"My parents gift it to me. It's more than what I got growing up." I explained. Mom was consoling Rose. Soon 9 hit and Rose went to bed. Me and the boys decided to film a podcast.

"Okay so I think childhood stories is something to start off." Gio said. I have so many.

"I don't remember a lot, just the times that my mom would bake for the holidays." Jacob said. "Just special since she wasn't around that much." He added.

"I have a story about albóndigas (meatballs), do you guys wanna hear it?" I spoke.

"Yeah, yeah." Gio said.

"Absolutely." Jacob told me. Just then my parents walked in and sat behind cameras.

"I've told it many times." I said softly while adjusting myself. "I didn't like soup as a kid, right?" I started saying. "My mom would always make albóndigas because my dad loved it." I explained. "So I didn't want to try it...you know I was like make me some chicken tenders, you know what I mean." I spoke and I could see everybody focused.

I took a sip of water before speaking. "She was like you have to try the albóndigas. And at the same time in my life, I was taking a lot of baths." I said.

"How old were you?" Gio asked me.

"I was like 8 or 9 years old." I answered him. "So she would get mad whenever she saw me in a bath. She wanted me to take a shower." I said and I saw my mom becoming more serious. The memory making me laugh. "One night, it all came together like a movie." I stated.

"Oh no." Jacob said.

"I didn't want to try her albóndigas so she got super mad at me she was like go upstairs and take a shower to get ready for school tomorrow." I said starting to laugh. "I'm running the bath water because I want to take a bath." I said laughing. "She comes upstairs and beats the shit out of me in the bathroom because I didn't try her albóndigas and I wasn't taking a shower." I said while still laughing.

The boys started laughing too.

"And she was shouting at me about both things  because I wasn't trying the albóndigas." I said.

"Did you ever brought it up to her?" Jacob asked me.

"A few times and she would say that she doesn't remember but it sounds like something that she would do and it's hilarious." I added finally managing to not laugh.

"I honestly thought she was going to pour like albóndigas into your bath while you were taking the bath." Gio said making us laugh.

"That would've been better than what she actually did." I told her.

*Scarlett's POV*

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Amelia is laughing through her trauma.

"That would've been better than what she actually did." Amelia was saying. "She slammed my head against the wall."

"Jesus Christ" Gio and Jacob both said. I turned to Chris in shock.

"It was just because she loved her dish of albóndigas and now I love albóndigas." Amelia said laughing. "So maybe she did the right thing?" She finished saying. Gio couldn't stop laughing.

"She beat some sense into you." Jacob told her. "Do not beat your kids." He said to the camera.

"Yeah don't beat your kids." Amelia also said. "And everytime I would tell her she would always be laughing." Amelia said while making a cackle laugh. "She told me that she never remembered it but she remembered this one time that she beat me up in the car because I was acting up in school." She said, I was so mad. "And I was like, what I don't remember that at all."she finished saying and I started tearing up.

"She hit you that hard." Gio commented. I don't care, I stood up and interrupted their podcast.

"Sorry guys." I told them as I went to hug Amelia.

"You okay mom?" Amelia whispered in my ear.

"I feel so guilty for making you live a hard life." I whispered back. Amelia just hugged me tighter.

"Awww, a mother's love." Jacob said. "Also, Amelia was talking about her adopted mom." He clarified.

"Don't feel bad, we'll talk later." Amelia told me and I pulled apart walking towards Chris who gave me a hug.

*Jacob's POV*

After Amelia told her story we decided to lighten up the mood.

"So we have the one chip challenge and we'll see who wins." I explained as Gio handed all of us a box. We got the chip and ate all of it.

"Fuck." Gio said. Amelia had a poker face on. My stomach was burning.

"It's hot, I need like dairy." I said and Chris stood up.

"I feel fine just a bit of sweat." Amelia said.

"I feel like I need to go to the hospital." Gio said. Gio started holding his chest and you could see the saliva coming out of his mouth. Scar had a concerned look.

"I feel like throwing up." I said. Chris came back with some yogurt, ice cream and milk. We took it and started eating it.

"I think I win." Amelia said.

"How are you not dying." Gio told her. It took like 20 minutes for us to continue. After we finished we cleaned the mess up.

"Do you guys want to stay for a sleepover?" Scar asked us.

"If it's too not much trouble." I told her.

"No trouble just make sure to sleep in the guest room." She told us.

"Understood." Gio said as we exited and headed to the living room.

"Amelia goodnight princess." Chris told her giving her a kiss on the head.

"Night bubba." Scar told her. Giving her a kiss on the head as well.

"Good night." Amelia told them.

"Night boys." Chris and Scar told us.

"Goodnight." We said. They went upstairs and we stayed until 2 in the morning playing video games and watching movies.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

119K 2.5K 101
14 years old girl living with her foster parent but they never cared for her once. She was force to be grown at such young age. She has given up the...
150K 3.4K 41
Ashley has been in an orphanage ever since her parents had passed in a tragic accident, leaving her with no one. She's now 16. The Lynches decide to...
368K 9.2K 35
When Braeden loses her entire family to a terrible accident, she gets put into the foster-care system. Her foster family turns out to be the bad boy...
1.6K 63 32
Scarlett is a 17 year old orphan with an ugly past but what happens when a certain someone adopts her will her life change forever or will it get wor...