LAKSHMAN PRIYA

By _leeza_00

"Because he is Ram's shadow... and she is Sita's reflection... One is the personification of dutifulness and... More

WRITER'S NOTE
DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCTION
SUNAINA'S DREAM
BIRTH OF URMILA
NEEL KAMAL
MANDVI'S WISH
THE TRUE WARRIOR
CELEBRATION AND LEARNINGS
THE GREAT SURYAVANSHIS
WOMANHOOD (1)
WOMANHOOD (2)
THE DREAM MAN
ADISHESH AND KSHEER SAGAR
AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR
CRUEL RULE OF DIVINE
TWO WARRIOR BROTHERS
AHILYA'S CURSE
GAME OF DESTINY
MANGAL AARTI AND VIDHIKARI
FIRST MEETING
FIRST CONVERSATION
SHE FOUND HER MAN
THE UNWANTED GUEST
SITA'S SWAYAMVAR (1)
SITA'S SWAYAMVAR (2)
LAKSHMAN V/S PARSHURAM
HEART TO HEART
URMILA IS IN LOVE
SHE WON IT
(Character arts)
THE ROYAL LUNCH
TIMES TOGETHER
A SPECIAL BLESSING
CHAOS AND SILENCE
NEW LOVE BIRDS
THAT BEAUTIFUL FEELING
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (1)
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (2)
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (3)
RAM'S VOW
MULTIPLE MARRIAGES
SIGN FROM GOD
DARK SKY
HER CONFESSION
PERFECT MATCHES
LETTER OF URMILA
LETTER OF SITA
WHERE IS THE LETTER (1)
WHERE IS THE LETTER (2)
WHERE IS THE LETTER (3)
🎧 Playlist 🎶
RAM'S WISH
HIS CONFESSION (1)
HIS CONFESSION (2)
CRYSTAL CLEAR PATH
CUTE FIGHTS
WEDDING (1)
WEDDING (2)
WEDDING (3)
WEDDING (4)
WHO ARE THEY
BREAKING THE FAST
NIGHT OUT
PRINCESS OF AYODHYA
VIDAI
LUCID DREAM
MEETING SHANTA
PRANK AFTER PRANK
FIRST KISS
AYODHYA PRAVESH
GRAND WELCOME
GAME AND HUSTLE
RAGHU KULVADHU
I AM YOURS
LIFE AT AYODHYA (1)
LIFE AT AYODHYA (2)
LIFE AT AYODHYA (3)
MOONLIT ROMANCE
ARRIVAL OF ECLIPSE (1)
ARRIVAL OF ECLIPSE (2)
NIGHT BEFORE CORONATION
RAGE OF KAIKEYI
EXILE AND SEPARATION
DASHRATH'S LAST BREATH
BHARAT RETURNS
AT CHITRAKOOT
URMILA'S SLEEP
NONPAREIL LOVE
LONELY NIGHTS, SILENT STARS
TRUTH OF LIFE (1)
TRUTH OF LIFE (2)
URMILA'S INTUITION
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (1)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (2)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (3)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (4)
LOVE RETURNS
SITA'S GUILT
NIGHT OF DEEPAVALI
LAKSHMAN'S WISH
DAUGHTER OF SHESHNAAG
THE GOOD NEWS
THE HAPPIEST MORNING
SISTERS FOREVER
THE RUMOUR
UNWANTED DISTANCES
ASHWAMEDHA YAJNA

CHALLENGE

578 39 11
By _leeza_00

" Didi.... I'm scared.... "- Urmila said in a shaky voice to Mandvi, on their way to Maharshi Yagyanvalkya's ashram. For the first time Urmila was going to invite the groom for lunch as the Vidhikari of marriage. She had to act formal and decent. So she was dressed even more properly. Some maids were also with Urmila and Mandvi, who had a formal invitation letter neatly placed on a gold plate, which was for Rajkumar Ram and Lakshman, from Maharani Sunaina.

Mandvi replied- " come on Urmi, there's nothing to be scared. It's not like that you are going to talk to Rajkumar Lakshman for the first time. You have already done it twice or thrice... right ?"

Urmila nervously ran her fingers through her hair and said- "ummm..... those were different matters. I mean, i had serious things to discuss. But now, i don't know what to say. "

Mandvi frustratedly turned towards Urmila and said- " I have been teaching you this thing since last night. But you are still asking this....? So I'm telling you for the one last time, listen carefully. "

Urmila started listening to Mandvi super consciously.

Mandvi- " The first thing is smile. Smile super politely when you will see Rajkumar Lakshman... just like how Rajkumar Ram smiles at Sita didi.
Then act a little shy and ask him in a serene voice, how is he? is he comfortable in Mithila? And many questions like that. Then tell him about his other two brothers coming soon to Mithila. He will be extremely happy. Then you also need to look super happy by his happiness. Then ask him about his and prince Ram's food preferences. Take more time while asking about his choices of foods. Then tell him that you will prepare his food. May be he will get some hint of your feelings by that. And by observing his reaction through out the whole conversation from a distance, I'll easily calculate his views towards you.... do you understand?

Urmila nodded her head up and down.
"Good.. now just do as i said without panicking like this.." - Mandvi ordered Urmila.

Couple of minutes later...
Both the princesses and maids had reached at the Ashram where Ram and Lakshman were staying. First they found Rajkumar Ram, who was reading a thick scripture under a tree. So Mandvi immediately pulled Urmila towards that direction.

"pranam Rajkumar Ram... "- both the princesses bowed their heads down. Ram immediately looked up and his heart warming smile appeared on his lips. - " pranam Rajkumari Mandvi, Pranam Rajkumari Urmila... What brought two of you here ? "

" I am here as the Vidhikari, rajkumar Ram. And I have a invitation letter for lunch from Maharani Sunaina. "- Urmila said super elegantly which made Mandvi proud.

Ram replied- "vidhikari.... i had heard about this tradition of northern east parts of Aryavart. Which means you will be conducting the ceremonies of marriage. Right ? "

" You are absolutely right. I had brought the permission for marriage from Mata Gouri to sita didi. So I'm the vidhikari of her marriage. I'll be managing every ritual and ceremony of the marriage." - Urmila replied with a little brighter smile. Mandvi was super happy. Urmila was performing really well as the Vidhikari. She taught her younger sister perfectly.

"Great... and I'm really thankful to maharani Sunaina for welcoming me. I'll definitely arrive on time. "- Ram said

Then Urmila handed the letter to ram politely. And Ram also took it from Urmila's hands very politely.

Mandvi asked- " But rajkumar Ram, can you please tell us, where can we find Rajkumar Lakshman? This invitation letter has his name also. So we want to welcome him as well. "

" He must be at the guest house. Shall I call him ? "- Ram asked in his soft tone .
"No no rajkumar. We will go by ourselves to invite him. You please continue your reading. - Mandvi replied gently.

Then Ram sat back to continue his reading and the princesses started moving towards the guest house.

They easily found Lakshman who was sharpening his arrows. Once again Urmila was mesmerized by her dream man. Every time she was seeing him, she was falling in love with him.... again and again.....

Lakshman was simply in his daily minimalistic wear. His long hair was blowing in the slow wind. His eyes were totally focused on his arrows and this view was enough to increase Urmila's heartbeat.

"Go Urmila. Now it's the time for your main action. I'll stay here and observe his reactions."- an excited Mandvi whispered.
Urmila- "But.... but didi... he is busy with his arrows...."
Mandvi pushed Urmila in his direction while saying- "Just go near him Urmi... He will automatically come after seeing you. And yes..... don't forget whatever I had taught you. You did really well infront of Rajkumar Ram. And i hope you will perform better infront of Rajkumar Lakshman...... remember Urmila, be elegant and talk politely. "

Urmila slowly walked towards Lakshman. The tinkling sounds of Urmila's jewelleries became audible to Lakshman. So Urmila was expecting him to turn back to see her. But to her surprise, Lakshman didn't even move a little from his place. He was totally focused on his arrows. So Urmila slowly reached near him but still she was behind him. And before she could say a word, Lakshman said without even looking back- " How can I help you... Rajkumari Urmila... "

Urmila's eyes welled up in shock and she couldn't say anything... how did he just knew that it is her without even looking back.... Then Lakshman put his arrow aside and looked back to face the statuted Urmila.

He slowly walked near her. His handsomeness was making her breathing a little heavy.
Then  Lakshman joined his palm near chest and said- " greetings... Rajkumari. May I know what brought you to me again? "

Urmila was totally paused until she remembered that she is here as vidhikari and whatever Mandvi taught her. But her heartbeat was so heavy that she had no idea how to act infront of him. So by scratching her palm nervously, Urmila said- " Actually.. ummm... I'm here as the Vidhikari.. "

Lakshman squized his brows and asked- " as the what ? "
Urmila replied- "vi.. vidhikari... which means, I'm the manager of Rajkumar Ram and Sita didi's marriage. "

Lakshman raised his brows while answering- " oh... i understood. Actually Ayodhya don't have this vidhikari tradition so i don't know much about it. But my question is still unanswered Rajkumari... what brought you to me ? What's wrong now ?"

Urmila - " Everything is fine Rajkumar Lakshman. Nothing is wrong now. I just... I'm here to invite you for lunch at the palace. It is my mother, Maharani Sunaina's invitation. Please arrive at the palace with Rajkumar Ram. "

Mandvi was seeing all these from a distance and whispering to herself- " why are you so nervous Urmi.... act elegant. Stop scratching your palm atleast. "

Lakshman replied- "okay... I'll definitely come with my brother. Thank you so much for the invitation.... vidhikari. "
Lakshman smiled gently while Urmila smiled nervously. The main topic just ended right there but she had to stretch the conversation anyway. So Urmila just blankly stood there with eyes fixed on the ground while trying to remember what to say next...

Lakshman also stood their quitely for a moment and then asked- " Anything else? "
Urmila- "no... it's just..... "
Lakshman cut her in between- "why are you so nervous ? Do you need any help... ? "
Urmila- "no no... I'm totally fine... i just want to ask you that.... that..... how are you ?"

Urmila's voice was trembling. And Lakshman became a little confused- "I am.. totally fine and fit. Why ? "
Urmila- " ah... I'm just asking casually... "

Lakshman nodded his head with the same confused expression. She again asked- " um.. your other two brothers are arriving soon at Mithila. Maharaj Dashrath had mentioned this in his letter..."

Lakshman replied- " thanks for telling but I already know it rajkumari. Our father had sent a letter to us as well. "
Urmila became more nervous and said- "oh... okay okay.. that's great.. "
(Nervous laughs)

The conversation was definitely not going the way how she had planned. But it was becoming more and more awkward. So Urmila prayed silently- " mata Gouri... please save me from this situation. Give me a right thing to talk about.. "

Then suddenly she remembered to ask about their food preferences. So with a little excitement she asked again- "Rajkumar Lakshman, what are your favourite foods ? I... i will prepare them"

Lakshman took a step closer to Urmila and answered- "you will cook ? "

Urmila- "ye... yess... "

Lakshman- " Then please don't... I can already tell, how the food are going to taste... "
Urmila asked confusingly- "huh... What do you mean?"

Lakshman playfully rolled his eyes from Urmila and remained silent. Which made her frown her brows. - " Rajkumar Lakshman.... did you just indirectly said that I am a bad cook..?"

He widened his eyes and said- "me..??. no no rajkumari. I didn't say that. What i meant was... "

Urmila cut him in the middle and took one step closer to him- "what... what did you mean then... what did you mean by 'please don't..'? "

Lakshman tried to hide his smile and replied- " i mean, look at yourself.... whenever we meet, i find you in some dilemma. Everytime you are nervous, anxious, tensed and what not. No matter if the problem is still there or solved, you will always remain nervous like this.
And....... umm...... your nervousness can make you put salt in kheer or milk in daal... so I can clearly imagine what kind of food you would make."

"Oh... you think I'm always nervous about things? Huh...? do i look nervous... do i...? "- Urmila angrily stepped towards Lakshman and he took steps backward.
"Listen Rajkumar Lakshman.... Don't try to underestimate my cooking skills. After Sita didi I am the best cook of Mithila. And i can......"

Lakshman again cut her in between- " And the way you get angry so easily.... oh my God.... now I'm sure you will put too much chilli in everything as well. "

Urmila's eyes widened and she tightly placed her hands on her waist. " -i...? I get angry so easily?? RAJKUMAR LAKSHMAN..... YOU ARE SAYING THIS... I GET ANGRY SO EASILY..... "

Lakshman -"Look... look at yourself... what are you doing right now Rajkumari Urmila. You have come to invite me for lunch but you are shouting at me. You are shouting at the groom's brother. Now I'm totally sure that the foods prepared by you are going to be extremely spicy, which I don't like..."

Urmila- "Then who started it... who underestimated my cooking skills. "

Lakshman- "i didn't underestimate, i just spilled the fact. And I Rajkumar Lakshman of Ayodhya, can easily guess any person's creativity, just by looking at him or her. And as......."

Urmila cut him inbetween- "And I Rajkumari Urmila of Mithila, can do everything.... including teaching good lessons to stubborns who underestimate me. "

Both Lakshman and Urmila were looking into eachother's eyes like eagles. " Are you ready to proof it then ? "- Lakshman asked with a smirk.
" Ofcourse Rajkumar. Tell me how... "- Urmila replied proudly.

Lakshman- " Challange ?? "
Urmila-  " Challenge "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 21.4K 75
BOOK 1 OF 'The WAR of Dynasties' SERIES ✨ Princess Chandralekha was born in a royal family and was promised to the wealthiest king, but little did sh...
56K 1.4K 43
*Under major edit* Ayodhya's precious gem put to trails by treason and treachery. Follow Prince Ram as he undergoes various obstacles in his life whi...
8.5K 178 37
What happens after Sita leads herself to zero existence? what about her dear ones, whom she left behind? Is destiny sometimes really ruthless, cruel...
88.2K 4.1K 68
"Eternally?" "For an eternity and even more." __________ Coincidences; are they merely occurring by chance? The universe is always arranged for us, s...