LAKSHMAN PRIYA

By _leeza_00

"Because he is Ram's shadow... and she is Sita's reflection... One is the personification of dutifulness and... More

WRITER'S NOTE
DISCLAIMER
INTRODUCTION
SUNAINA'S DREAM
BIRTH OF URMILA
NEEL KAMAL
MANDVI'S WISH
THE TRUE WARRIOR
CELEBRATION AND LEARNINGS
THE GREAT SURYAVANSHIS
WOMANHOOD (1)
WOMANHOOD (2)
THE DREAM MAN
ADISHESH AND KSHEER SAGAR
AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR
CRUEL RULE OF DIVINE
TWO WARRIOR BROTHERS
AHILYA'S CURSE
GAME OF DESTINY
MANGAL AARTI AND VIDHIKARI
FIRST MEETING
FIRST CONVERSATION
SHE FOUND HER MAN
SITA'S SWAYAMVAR (1)
SITA'S SWAYAMVAR (2)
LAKSHMAN V/S PARSHURAM
HEART TO HEART
URMILA IS IN LOVE
CHALLENGE
SHE WON IT
(Character arts)
THE ROYAL LUNCH
TIMES TOGETHER
A SPECIAL BLESSING
CHAOS AND SILENCE
NEW LOVE BIRDS
THAT BEAUTIFUL FEELING
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (1)
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (2)
UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR (3)
RAM'S VOW
MULTIPLE MARRIAGES
SIGN FROM GOD
DARK SKY
HER CONFESSION
PERFECT MATCHES
LETTER OF URMILA
LETTER OF SITA
WHERE IS THE LETTER (1)
WHERE IS THE LETTER (2)
WHERE IS THE LETTER (3)
🎧 Playlist 🎶
RAM'S WISH
HIS CONFESSION (1)
HIS CONFESSION (2)
CRYSTAL CLEAR PATH
CUTE FIGHTS
WEDDING (1)
WEDDING (2)
WEDDING (3)
WEDDING (4)
WHO ARE THEY
BREAKING THE FAST
NIGHT OUT
PRINCESS OF AYODHYA
VIDAI
LUCID DREAM
MEETING SHANTA
PRANK AFTER PRANK
FIRST KISS
AYODHYA PRAVESH
GRAND WELCOME
GAME AND HUSTLE
RAGHU KULVADHU
I AM YOURS
LIFE AT AYODHYA (1)
LIFE AT AYODHYA (2)
LIFE AT AYODHYA (3)
MOONLIT ROMANCE
ARRIVAL OF ECLIPSE (1)
ARRIVAL OF ECLIPSE (2)
NIGHT BEFORE CORONATION
RAGE OF KAIKEYI
EXILE AND SEPARATION
DASHRATH'S LAST BREATH
BHARAT RETURNS
AT CHITRAKOOT
URMILA'S SLEEP
NONPAREIL LOVE
LONELY NIGHTS, SILENT STARS
TRUTH OF LIFE (1)
TRUTH OF LIFE (2)
URMILA'S INTUITION
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (1)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (2)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (3)
IN SHADOWS OF EXILE (4)
LOVE RETURNS
SITA'S GUILT
NIGHT OF DEEPAVALI
LAKSHMAN'S WISH
DAUGHTER OF SHESHNAAG
THE GOOD NEWS
THE HAPPIEST MORNING
SISTERS FOREVER
THE RUMOUR
UNWANTED DISTANCES
ASHWAMEDHA YAJNA

THE UNWANTED GUEST

572 32 5
By _leeza_00

Finally the day arrived, for which whole Mithila was eagerly waiting. The hall for Swayamvar was gorgeously decorated. The chairs for guests, VIP guests and participants were separately placed. The shiv dhanush was brought to the centre of the hall by the help of nearly hundred men. Nearly all the people of the janakpuri had gathered at the hall.

Sita was sitting infront of a mirror and nearly 6 to 7 women were doing her shringar. She was dressed in reddish orange attire with golden angavastram. After seeing Ram at the Gouri mata temple, she had become even more silent and calm. Still she was managing to smile and hide her pain perfectly. She was just mentally getting ready to put varmala in some other man's neck while the man she loves would be present there. On the other hand Ram was also doing the same. He gracefully dressed up by hiding his feelings and got ready to witness his desired woman putting varmala in some other man's neck, right infront of his eyes. Lakshman was quitely observing his brother and nobody had seen Urmila in the palace from morning.

Just like everyday she woke up way before the sunrise and went to the Mithileshwar Mahadev temple. Today she had nothing to pray for. So she was just silently sitting there without facing Sita. Because seeing Sita hiding her feelings in a magestic way will make her burst out into tears. But Lakshman's words were stuck in her mind. That's why she  was still sitting infront of Mahadev.

Sunaina became emotional after seeing her daughter getting ready for swayamvar. The memories from her childhood started dancing infront of Sunaina's eyes. She hugged sita and cried like a child until both sita and Sunaina heard Mandvi angrily shouting and coming inside sita's room...

" This is not done kirti... they deserve severe punishment. It could be a normal thing for them but in Mithila it's a severe crime... and criminals need to get punished...." - Mandvi was super angry and Shrutkirti was just running behind to cool her mind down.

Sunaina asked- " Mandvi... what happened? What crime you are talking about "

Mandvi answered angrily- " A serious crime badi maa... Someone purposefully destroyed the ripe crops of nearly 10 people... and to fullfill the lose, he just threw couple of thick gold coins right on the farmers face.... You tell me badi maa, isn't it a crime in Mithila ? "

Sunaina stood up from her place- " ofcourse it is Mandvi. Who told them that their gold coins could replace the farmer's labour? As the queen of Mithila I'll punish them by myself. Tell me who is he. "

Sita also stood up - "yes Mandvi... tell us who is that person" ?

Shrutkirti answered both Sunaina and Sita- " It's the king of Lanka, badi maa... His name is 'Ravan' "

Sunaina's limbs became cold after hearing this name.

Mandvi joined- " yes badi maa... people are saying that he has a flying vehicle in which he and some of the members of his court had come. He landed that in the middle of the crop field. And to clear their king's path, his bodyguards just cut the crops entirely. In this way they had destroyed nearly 10 people's field."

Sunaina immediately ordered a maid to inform Maharaj janak that Maharani wants to meet him immediately.

Janak knew why sunaina asked for an urgent meeting. Sunaina rushed angrily inside janak's chamber where this meeting was fixed. Before janak could say anything sunaina burst out- " May I know Maharaj.... why  Lanka pati Ravan is participating in my daughter's swayamvar? What made you invite him...? Answer me Maharaj..."

"Please calm down Sunaina. I can clearly understand what are you saying... "- janak said peacefully.

Sunaina- " then why did you invite him ? How can you do that... ? Just remember it maharaj... my daughter isn't marrying Ravan. I'm repeating, Sita is not marrying a monster like Ravan. "

Janak grabbed sunaina's shoulder gently and made her sit on the nearby chair - " Don't worry Sunaina... our daughter will never marry Ravan. Because the challenge infront of him is Shiv Dhanush. "

Sunaina- "Maharaj, He is that dangerously brilliant scientist... who has made a flying vehicle, Pushpak viman. He is that sharp musician...who had made the mighty musical instrument, Rudra veena. He is that warrior... who had defeated devraj Indra multiple times. Also he is one of the greatest devotees of Lord Shiva himself. How are you so sure that Ravan won't be able to lift Shiv Dhanush.? "

Janak smiled gently- " I know he is a great personality. He has much more unbelievable achievements. He is the richest king of the world. He has everything except one..... and that is Dharma...
Don't forget what Lord Parshuram told us, Sunaina. Except Sita, only her true soulmate will be able to lift the Shiv Dhanush. And do you really think a person like ravan could be made for a divine child like sita ? "

Sunaina found some good point but still... she was the mother. How could she take any risk.... - " Then what's the point of inviting him ? "

" It was my idea Maharani. " - Chakrabahu entered in between.

" Then tell me the reason behind it Prime minister Chakrabahu. "- Sunaina questioned.

Chakrabahu politely replied- " We had sent invitation to all the kingdoms. But if we would have skipped Lanka then it could be an insult to Ravan and for which he could have attacked on mithila. Infront of his army and exceptional weapons we are just nothing. "

Sunaina- " Then what about the insult, he did to Mithila by destroying crops. "

Janak answered- " He will get it's reply in the swayamvar hall..... when his ego and arrogance will get crushed under the shiv dhanush. "

_______

The swayamvar hall was filled with kings and princes from different nations and some were still arriving one by one. Everybody had taken their respective places.  Then king janak arrived and everybody stood up to give respect to him and Sita with her sister came just after him. Everybody was astonished by seeing the beautiful princesses of Mithila. Everyone's determination to win the swayamvar increased after seeing the charm of Sita.

Couple of minutes later two gigantic men rushed inside the swayamvar hall by clearing the path and behind them another gigantic man was coming. The amount of gold on his body was way more than his perfectly pleated clothes. A big crown made up of gold and diamonds was on his head. A long blade was in his waistband and his forehead was entirely covered by the Shaiva tilak. Even after entering king janak's entry, he didn't show any respect towards him and walked straight through the entrance like a storm. The guard tried to show him his seat but his own two body guards pushed him mercilessly and he fell on the ground.

Then he went straight to the nearest seat to the Shiv Dhanush where a king was already sitting. His bodyguards again pulled the king out of his seat and cleared it for their gigantic king.

This whole thing triggered everybody's anger. But nobody had the courage to oppose him.
Sita whispered to Mandvi- " is this the....."
" yes... this is Ravan. The king of Lanka. " - Mandvi clenched her jaw.

Sunaina's heartbeat was extremely high. But janak consoled her.

"Start the swayamvar, Maharaj Janak.... "- Ravan ordered in his tremendous heavy husky voice.

Janak replied- " Lankesh... some guests are yet to arrive. Let them come. Then we will start. "

One of the body guard screamed- " How dare you make Maharaj Ravan wait...." Ravan stopped him in the middle and said- " Maharaj Janak.... you know very well. Nobody except me can lift this bow. Because i am the greatest shiv bhakt (worshipper of shiva) in the world.... the great Lankadhipati Ravan. You want me to compete with these trivial kings ?"

Janak answered with a straight expression- "Everybody will the chance. And this is the rule. We can't change it for you... "

"JANAK...." - Ravan stood up from his seat and screamed. " I am the owner of Swarn Lanka, who had defeated Indra himself. If I want it won't take a second for me to destroy the entire mithila. But you want to test my patience right... then let me show you who am I. By lifting the bow, I'll show you all your standards. Keep the varmala ready princess sita... "

Ravan moved towards the Shiv Dhanush and everybody's heartbeat increased, especially sita... she looked at all the guests, Ram and Lakshman were not present, which had already increased Urmila's anxiety as well.

Chakrabahu stood up immediately- " Be carefull Ravan.... If you won't be able to lift the shiv dhanush then you will bow down to Maharaj janak and leave Mithila with all of your body guards immediately and never look back"

While smirking at Chakrabahu, Ravan placed his one hand on the shiv dhanush. He thought he will move it by one hand, but he was wrong. Then he placed both of her hands and tried to move it. And failed again. Now he put all of his efforts but still the bow didn't even flinch a little. Now Ravan was feeling ashamed. So by putting his utmost effort and screaming loudly. He tried once again to lift it but failed. He kept doing it again and again for nearly fifty times and at the end he had to give up. He had become totally sweaty and was breathing heavily. One of his bodyguard brought a glass of water for him but he threw it angrily...

Chakrabahu started laughing- " So Maharaj Lankadhipati Ravan... who had defeated Indra.... the greatest among greatests.... ... What happened to you?"

Ravan screamed again- " Don't be so proud of yourselves you stupid people of Mithila. If a great Warrior like me couldn't move it an inch, then how these normal kings will lift it ?
I'm telling you Janak.... This woman (pointed at Sita) will always remain a kumari. Nobody will be able to marry her.. "

After throwing up his anger of defeat, Ravan immediately left the Swayamvar hall with his bodyguards. The whole hall remained silent for a minute. Because whatever Ravan said was a matter of concern. He was right.

If the one who had defeated devraj Indra, could not even move the bow and inch then how the normal kings will be able to do it.

But only Urmila had already known the person, who could lift the shiv dhanush just like sita. So she said in her mind- " Where are you Rajkumar Lakshman... Please come soon with your brother. My sister is waiting for him....
And i am waiting for you... "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 71 10
She was always the second . Second to her parents , second in her husband's priority - yet Urmila , the daughter of Janaka never complained. She knew...
44.5K 2.2K 66
The Girl with a hope to conquer the freedom she has always desired of is set on a journey to achieve her goals. She lost herself, her hobbies, her em...
65.3K 3.8K 134
P.S.: This is the BOOK 2 of the story FAMILY: Where LIFE begins and LOVE never ends.! Following values and preachings of Ramayana to get to know all...
188K 9.1K 200
FAMILY: Where LIFE begins and LOVE never ends.! Following values and preachings of Ramayana to get to know all kind of love a life gives you surely...