Best Mistake

By allhailqueendani

"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confus... More

Chapter One: City of Angels
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Character List
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Nine

382 10 0
By allhailqueendani

******

I got up and stretched, checking the time. It was already going at ten o'clock. My phone buzzed, and it was Leia telling me to get up and join her at the club, claiming she had some good news to tell me. I didn't understand why she couldn't tell me what it was over the phone, but she refused because she wanted to reveal it to my face.

I undressed and took a nice, long shower. After I got out of the shower and did the rest of my hygiene stuff, then went to my bedroom to find an outfit.

I laid my clothes on the bed, then focused on my hair and makeup. I left my hair in its natural state and as for my makeup; I did all the basics before topping it off with my favorite Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss that was a soft-pink shade.

Once I was done getting dressed, I grabbed my purse and shut off all the lights before leaving my apartment. I took me about ten minutes to make it to the club and like every night before; it was packed. Fortunately, for me, I didn't have to wait because the bouncer had become familiar with who I was. He just let me in.

I danced through the crowd of people before I made it to the bar.

"Can I get a sprite?" I asked the bartender as I sat down on the stool. I felt a tap on my right shoulder, and I looked over it, but nobody was there. It wasn't until I heard 'Surprise!' that I realized I'd been duped.

"Leia." I grumbled, glaring at her as she perched on the stool beside me.

"Hey." she greeted, getting comfortable.

"So, what's the good news?" I asked.

"Well... " she drawled, " I have officially sold my piece."

"Oh my gosh, congratulations," I announced, giving her a hug. Something like that was definitely worth celebrating.

"Gracias. To celebrate, let's get intoxicated off our asses!"

"I'm not sure about getting drunk, but I will take a shot with you." I told her.

"Whatever! Bartender, pour us something good," she requested.

Little did I know, one shot wasn't nearly close to what my body would consume that night.

After some time, I was dazed and realized I was at my limit and had to stop.

"I have to use the bathroom be back." I slurred, hopping off the stool. Those tequila shots hit like a ton of bricks when I stood.

"Wait, don't use the public one. Use the one in my brother's office."

"Are you sure?"

"It's fine. He wouldn't mind." She assured.

"Okay." I replied.

"You remember where it is, right?"

I nodded.

"See, just go," she urged me.

"While you do that, I'm going to go dance." She added, stumbling off the chair, and I giggled.

On the way back there, I thought the guard would stop me, but when I told him the deal, and he recognized me from the other night, he grunted and allowed me to pass.

I strolled inside the office and everything still looked the same. He kept it real neat in here... I glanced around one last time before I went to use the restroom ... I washed my hands, checked my makeup and stepped out.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and noticed the manila folder sitting in the middle of his desk and got a little curious, but before I could do anything, the door opened, and I jumped out of my skin.

"What are you doing in here?" Fernando questioned, and I gulped as I watched him close the door behind him.

"Uhh, your sister said it was okay for me to use the bathroom." I hiccuped.

"This isn't Leia's office. Why are you behind my desk?" He asked

"I-I was just..." I pursed my lips together. I had no lie to tell him. He'd caught me red-handed, and he was going to send me to jail for snooping.

"You were just what?" He pushed for an answer, but I stayed silent, raking my brain for some kind of excuse.

"You were being nosey." He said, and I felt my face heat from the embarrassment. He advanced towards me before I could even open my mouth to respond. I stepped back, hoping to widen the distance between us, but whenever I took a step back he took larger steps closer. I kept backing away until I hit a wall making an 'umph' sound.

He quirked his luscious, soft looking lips into a smirk when my back hit the wall. As he closed the distance between us, practically pinning me against the wall with his body, his eyes trailed up and down my body until they finally met mine.

"If you were looking for something, there's nothing in here."

"I wasn't. I just got curious."

"Curious about what?" He asked, his proximity setting my nerves aflame.

"Well?" He pushed when I didn't answer. His lips were so close to my face that I could feel his warm breath on my cheek. I averted my gaze to the ground, and tilt my head slightly.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Ever heard the phrase, curiosity killed the cat." He said, his hand gripping my jaw, forcing me to look at him. I gulped. Was he threatening to kill me?

"I-I'm familiar." I spoke, in a strained voice that was not familiar to my ears. Next thing I knew, his lips were contacting mine. His rims were so soft, and I allowed myself to melt into the kiss, unlike the first time. He dominated the kiss, and his grip on my face became stronger, but it didn't hurt.

"What the fuck!" I heard, pulling away from the kiss and looking over to the door where Leia stood with her mouth agape.

"Leia..." I called. I didn't get the chance to explain before she went rushing out the room.

"Shit!" I said, shoving him away from me and running after her. I pushed past intoxicated people and dancing bodies searching for Leia. When I saw her, I noticed she had taken a bottle of alcohol from behind the bar and was drinking it.

"Who wants to do body shots?" she shouted, and several guys nearby cheered.

"Absolutely not." I advised her and grabbed the glass out of her hand.

"Leia, you're drunk." I informed, sitting the bottle on the bar, which the bartender took and hid.

"Come on, the night is young." she slurred, putting her arm around my shoulders.

"We should live it up!"

"I think it's time for you to go home." Fernando said, coming up behind me, before Leia could oppose he signal over one of his guards.

"Wait... No." she refused as the guard helped her off the island. "No, please, I'm not ready to retire." Leia begged as the guard tossed her over his shoulders.

"Thank you." I said, thanking the guard as his assistance was well needed.

"Don't praise him." Leia sneered at me. I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she was being.

"Let go of me." Leia continued to fight the guard, as we made our way out the entrance, grabbing the attention of people waiting to get in.

"Ms. Riverá, please stop." The guard pleaded.

"Leia, settle down." Fernando told her, annoyed by the way she was acting.

"No, I can go home on my own," she said, struggling to get out of the guard's arms.

"Victor, listen..." she pleaded, as he continued to carry her.

"Do you need help to get to your car, too?" Fernando asked me, and I shook my head furiously, not wanting to be manhandled.

"Mhh." He hummed, looking me up and down before calling over one of his guard.

"He's going to follow you home. Make sure you get there safe."

"Okay." I nod, grabbing my keys out of my purse. I started walking towards my car, feeling his eyes on me the entire way.

Once I reached my vehicle, I realized I needed to stay my butt out of Phoenix because every time I was there, some shit went down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 341 24
🔞 - I like mafia -They are dangerous -No i want a cute mafia ( You will get one but I'm not sure if he is cute or not) ~Read to know about that hi...
21.9K 1.5K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...