Best Mistake

By allhailqueendani

"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confus... More

Chapter One: City of Angels
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Character List
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Five

504 11 0
By allhailqueendani

I woke of this morning feeling a little uneasy. Whenever I drank I tried to keep it at a minimum for this exact reason.

Lastnight was insane, fighting and a possible shootout I really couldn't wrap my head around it. After lastnight I didn't plan on ever going back to Phoenix, 'who knows what can happen next time' I thought. I didn't dwell on it to much and decided to get my day started.

I sat up in bed and went to grab my phone, and freaked when it wasn't on the charger beside my bed.

I throw the covers back and run to the kitchen to search my purse and it wasn't there either, I huffed in frustration.

Wondering where I could have put it, I wasn't drunk or anything so it's not like I forgot where I put it.

I searched my apartmen up and down, before eventually settling on using my apple 'find my' tracking app, their was a possibility I left it at the club and didn't realize.

I whipped out my ipad and went the app seeing that my phone was still at the club. I sighed relieved.

                                 Messages

Jazmin: (Hey, can you check with your brother and see if my phone was found, I lost it lastnight)
A'Leia: (Sure)

I took her a minute but she texted back telling me he did and I was ecstatic that it wasn't stolen and I didn't have to buy a new one.

Jazmin: (Meet me up there?)
A'Leia: (I can't kind of busy, but he'll assure your phone is returned.)

I smacked my lips and started getting dressed I had work in about a hour and thankfully Phoenix wasn't far. I got dressed and left the house, making it to the club in under twenty minutes. I walked up to the door and knocked, a guard opens it. 

"We don't open until nine." He said gruffly, before going to slam the door shut.

"Wait!" I yelled, stopping him.

"I'm here to pick up my phone I lost it last night and was told your boss found it." I explained.

He looked me up and down before opening his mouth "Wait here", and then closing the door.

I folded my arms across my chest, tapping my feet on the ground impatiently waiting for him to return. I wasn't sure what he was doing but he was taking way to long.

The door opened again and the same guy peeked his head out "Come in." He said stepping aside, and I rolled my eyes before walking in.

Seeing the club in daylight was much different from at night and while I expected it to be a mess surprisingly it wasn't, these people work really fast.

"Right this way." He said pointing to another entrance, and I started walking ahead of him down a hallway. I checked behind me to make sure the guard was still there, but along the way I guess he'd stop following me.

As I approach the office, I notice the light shining from the cracked door and I hear light chattering and although the guard had told me I could go right on in, I didn't.

I peeked slightly through the crack in the door and inside there was Leia's brother, who just so happened to be the same guy who helped me get in lastnight.

He was leaned up against the front of his desk and in between his legs was a girl with a really short skirt on, and the only reason I paid attention was because my eyes trailed down to the hand he had placed on her ass.

She flicked her blonde tresses over her shoulders and was giggling excessively, whatever he was saying must've been really funny.

I looked at the time on my watch.

10:32

My client was going to be at my office at eleven, so I had to hurry. Athough I could see they were having a very intimate moment standing there was beginning to feel ridiculous.

I gathered myself before raising my fist and knocking on the door, it took seconds to get a respond.

"Who is it?" a deep voice spoke.

"It's Leia's friend." I answered back.

"Come in." He said and I pushed open the door, Upon entering neither of the two moved out of their positions, but eventually the girl turned around rolling her eyes and I recognized her to be the bottle girl from last night.

"Hello." I said, awkwardly breaking the silence.

She removed herself from his arms.

"Hi, I'm Chasity." she said, formally introducing herself.

"Jazmin, we actually kind of met lastnight." I told her.

"Really? we had a full house hard to remember everybody." she smiled fakely.

"Right." I chuckled and smiled back giving her the same fake energy.

"So what are you doing here? Club doesn't open until nine." she asked folding her arms. The way she was questioning me, had me unclear on rather this was his office or hers.

"Chasity." He spoke, grabbing her attention.

"Yes?" she says, sweetly.

"Give us a minute."

"You're kicking me out." she pouted.

"Chasity, just give us the room" he said, sounding annoyed. She narrowed her eyes, but didn't say anything else before storming out of the office making sure to bump into me on her way out, knocking my purse off my shoulder in the process.

"Bitch." I uttered, adjusting the strap on my shoulder, he chuckled finding that amusing.

I rolled my eyes. "Your employee's are quite rude and very unprofessional." I informed him.

"Well they need a back bone if they want to work in a place like this."

'What they need are ass whopping's, I thought to myself.

"Anyways, why did you come here exactly?" He said folding his arms across his chest.

"My phone, A'Leia... I mean Leia said she called ahead." I told him, making my way further into the office.

"No." he said, I furrowed my eyebrows what does he mean by 'no' Leia specifically said he would have it.

"No, I'm talking about the night you first came to the club." He specified, I thought it was odd that he would question me about that.

"Is this like one of those survey questions where you ask what about this we company caught my interest." I joked but he looked unamused.

Tough crowd.

I cleared my throat ,"Oh, well I was meeting with a friend." I resolved to answer.

"Yeah, I heard that."

"Wait! Leia told you about that?" I said feeling quite embarrassing but also annoyed, I mean what girl want a cute guy knowing about her being stood up. It almost immediately makes you seem unattractive. Other than, that I wonder why they were talking about me and what else did she say.

"Well, if you knew already why did you ask?" I furrowed my eyebrow. But he ignored my question, I watch him open his desk drawer and grab my cellular device.

"Who was your friend?" He asked coming from around the desk, with my phone in his hand.

"Why do you want to know?!" I asked, this was starting to feel like an interrogation.

"Just curious, wondering what type of company my sister is keeping." He explained, which I could sort of understand.

"Well you don't have to worry about him because he ghosted me. " I had no idea why I admitted that, especially to someone who was definitely not a friend.

He didn't say anything but stared at my face, like he was expecting me to say something else.

"What?" I asked, things were starting to feel weird.

He grinned. "Your a beautiful girl, do men not stare at you often?"

"Thank you but 'no', atleast not noticeable, it's considered to be rude." I said, matter of factly.

"Now may I have my phone, I've got someplace to be." I said, noticing he was standing there holding it hostage the entire time.

He walked over to me, towering over me a few inches. He was all up in my personal space I was able to get a whiff of his cologne, and god did he smell amazing. I placed my hand out in front of me and he slowly but surely sat the phone down in my palm, "Be kind to me sister, she seems to really like you."

"I will and thank you." I said, clasping my hand around the phone, placing it in my purse before turning to leave.

"What about my drink?" I heard him say and I slowly turned around to get a good look at his face because there was no way, he was being serious.

"Drink?"

"Are you still willing to uphold the offer, you made lastnight?"

"Today...I mean like right now because I have to work." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Come back another night." He insisted.

"I'll be here." He told me.

"I'm not sure if i'm going to be returning after lastnight events." I spoke, truthfully.

"Don't let a little scuffle, run you away." He smirked but I wasn't amused and he could tell.

"Next time you see me, remember you owe me one."

"Okay." I said and with that I left his office.

On my way out I called ahead to my assistant to tell her I was on my way. Which in turn she told me my clients had arrived and were waiting on me.

When I pulled up outside the building , Kasey was waiting for me, coffee in hand.

'Oh thank heavens'

"Goodmorning"

"Morning" she responded, in her usual chirpy voice

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 7.3K 43
Hope you all like this story! There will be a lot of plot twist . There also may be some parts that will offend some, but I will put warnings at the...
31.9K 1.2K 37
You ever wanted something so much, but you know it's bad for you, so you try and you try not to want it, but that need for it only grows stronger? We...
2.3M 83.6K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
66.3K 980 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...