err0r oneshots

By namescape

Y know The tittle Just a bunch of err0r one-shots and stories because I can They're mostly stories but somet... More

Daycare
Prophet
Psychiatric
True Judgment
Log 90
Flowerbed
Truce.
Recovery
The Brave, The Bold, and the Fool
What is Mine
"New Life"
Taken in
A LOVEly pair
Something Well Deserved
Little Ducklings
POW
VOID
BACK DEMON!!
Our Home
Siblings
Child's Play
She missed
ittybitty
Ruins
Imagery
Happy
Heaven
TW: Panic Attack
SOUL
REST
Possession
Perfect
Star Pupil
ANTI-VOID
Missing
Sacrifices
Sacrifies ll
Sacrifices |||
Safe
Hug
HAPPY (maybe) BIRTHDAY
Nom nom
Cooking

Grieving

147 9 1
By namescape

A simple night in Outertale quickly turned to an all out fight that would end badly.

Nightmare had invited his closest to a night under the stars in celebration for a certain Destroyer's birthday. It wasn't really his date of birth, they didn't know when he was born or created, but it was a nice pun to have his birthday on the fourth of April. It was also a wondrous day that was overshadowed and underappreciated by the birthday boy himself but the vigilantes of the multiverse had made it special to the tired grandpa, because he was so old, millennials kind of old. A simple invitation to Outertale turned to a small birthday party with the gang and Blue, their agent in the light, having a small picnic with treats mostly centered around chocolate as it's something Error could even manage to keep down. Blue of course, supplied other appetizers along with his signature tacos so no one's magic was completely filled with sugar. His cake was one of chocolatey goodness and after a traditional song and presents, all of which were thoughtful and had him smiling, each got a cup and took a scoop of cake. It was a day to remember, just as the previous years had been.

Near the end of the event, with their stomachs full or satisfied, a portal opened more inland which alerted none of the partygoers. A handful of uninvited guests exited the portal and softly made their way to the celebration. Small bundles made of blue string were being formed into small bodies as a thank you gift from Error to Nightmare, Killer, Cross, Horror, Dust, and Blue. he didn't have to give gifts to others when it was his day but he felt the need to give back to them. After all this time, after all he's been through, they continue to stay by his side and could never ask for anything more. He had friends he could trust, who have gained his trust and have allowed him in their lives, he was forever indebted to them, even if they insisted this was how friends treat each other.

The group neared the picnic goers who were completely oblivious to their surroundings and what was to happen. Their fair celebration of years of destruction and terror was going to be cut short. A signal was given by the head of the group and they jumped out of the hidden bushes to the closest target, coincidentally they had a target like soul.

Killer's intuition and the sudden bloodlust from Ink attracted the attention of Nightmare and the teary eyed murderer and they were barely able to prevent the ambush. Killer's jacket was nicked before he could escape, jumping right through the picnic interrupting the others. More ambushers came from the forest line catching them off guard. Blue went to hide so as to not reveal his double life but he was followed and also attacked as if he's killed before. He hasn't but it seems as if it was too late to take back anything. The gang was quickly outnumbered with how many adversaries there were and the sudden ambush but they held their own. Nightmare was busy so he couldn't create an exit and Cross had to switch his magic in order to make a portal, so he too couldn't create an escape. As they fought a cry was heard splitting the gang's attention...

To Dust. Bones went through his skull and his jacket showed to be losing its form. He was dusting...

A strangled cry came from one of the gang and sockets widened in despair and realization. The attackers spared no time for them to grieve and continued their attacks. Horror was next to go, his wide and bright eye was stabbed through and a pair of blasters came from behind to finish off the starved monster. Enclosing their jaw around the monster and dusting him in seconds.

Dust jacket laid on the ruined floor of Outertale and Horror's was blaster away with another attack directed at another vigilante. Killer continued to dodge the multiple attackers, using his physical weapon to the best of his ability. Having his magic depleted due to his universe's route wasn't useful but he recovers the lost magic with his increase in stamina and attacks closely related to that of the Human's. He does have to attack physically or risk losing some of his artillery with moving targets. Cross kept his ground, being a royal guard helped greatly but he did lack the LV count that most of his teammates had. His giant knife is useful in one to ones but is slow to attack yet covers a wide range. His dual blades are more favorable but require closer combat. They also aren't the base to his portal hopping ability, he'd have to switch to his much larger blade to make an escape but couldn't risk that at the moment, his health would surely deplete in seconds if he took such risk.

Blue strings wrapped up the attackers, delicately intertwined with each other. Souls weren pulled out and the sanses and papyri went limp like puppets and were thrown into battle against Dream and Ink. Error held his own just as he's done for years. The one day he dares to have for himself is ruined and now the ones he cares about, the ones he holds close to his soul, are about to be killed. Because he dares to be selfish. Nightmare had planned all this out and he's just ruined it! Ink's persistence to get rid of him has constantly put his loved ones at risk, as if their lives weren't hard enough! He knew their sides of the stories and these Stars just claimed as if they knew everything! Right and wrong! Yes genocide is wrong but what other choice is there?! Talking with the genocidal child? They still would've been deemed insane!

Ink broke through the strings as Dream attempted to aim at Error but was forced to dodge Nightmare's attack. His extra appendages provided long range and made it more difficult to defend or dodge as more would quickly attack. Dream's weapons consisted of a staff for close combat with dull effect like that of a bat, dual blades that--like Cross's--can be used for closer combat and come with a rope attached to each blade making it easier to recall them back, and finally his bow that can be nicked with arrows of positivity and fired for long range battles. With Nightmare and others who prefer long distance fights his bow and arrows are extremely helpful but take a few too many seconds to knick and aim.

Firing an arrows that split into multiple smaller shards of positivity, Dream knicked more arrows and fired them at Nightmare and Error, his main targets. Error sent out his strings to tie up Ink, but he dodged and sent out his own attacks, colored blots of ink of different colors that each had a different purpose. None of which were good.

Killer was surrounded by a circle of blasters and wasn't given enough time to dodge. He was blasted with his dust and clothes being evaporated with him. There were no traces of him left to mourn or collect. He would be forgotten in due time because there was nothing to remember him by. With another bad guy gone, their forces would be able to quickly overwhelm the remaining three. Nightmare looked around at his remaining family, seeing only Cross and Error left. He didn't or couldn't see where Blue had gone, he could only hope the best. His breathes grew heavy not from exhaustion, but from the realization that he's going to lose everything again. He lost his universe, his mother, his only brother who continues to put a pedestal of someone long dead above his head. He was not about to lose his family, the family that he built and cared for, for so many years.

He left Dream and went to join Cross, wanting to take him back home before he too dusted. Cross was pushed out of the way of an attack leaving Nightmare to take the brute of it. His only Achilles heel was his twin's positivity but that didn't mean he was adverse to pain. The cage of bones impaled his body, stealing his breath away from him at the moment. Cross looked devastated at Nightmare's pain and put more effort into his attacks, summoning blasters and bones that would shake the entire universe. Nightmare moved to the shadows, his HP taking a hit but he was able to stand. He wanted to reach out for Cross and almost did before Cross was blasted by a new universe's magic, being sent to a tree on another island. He could see more attackers following after, eager to dust him.

Heavy breaths shook the guardian's frame, he attempted to direct his anxieties and anger at those daring to be self entitled, hypocritical, and corrupt. Those sorry excuses for judges that claim to rule the multiverse will mourn for as long as he does. He took risks, risks he would be willing to take to protect his family. Physically jumping onto enemies and stabbing them with his tentacles and driving them insane with hallucinations and insufferable migraines. He pulled at their skulls with his bare hands and dusted many of them.

Cross had seconds to breath before he was bombarded with bone attacks stabbing through his ribs and limbs. He pushed through his depleting health and fought back, his ribs cracked and bones shaking from pushed limits but he continued. He had to continue to fight, if not for himself but for his fallen brethren.

He was tackled by Color who summoned his arm blaster right at his skull. His flame sprouting through his skull continued to change color as his empty smile looked down at his fallen body. He wouldn't dust by this corrupted judge and go out by his own hand. With his remaining strength he summoned his blaster who opened her maw to prepare a laser before Color's blaster fired. It would be a close call considering Color's blaster looked to be ready to fire. His blaster looked at him in pain but blasted both Color and Cross in a bright light. Unfortunately Cross saw a bright light before his blaster reached the both of them. A soul cracked and then another.

And then there were two.

Nightmare continued to tear into the wayward judges and was eventually left in a field of dust. The multiverse was shaking at the loss of so many important characters dying outside of their universes. This was warned by all multiversal travelers that were willing to risk interacting with other AUs. If something happened to their universe while they were out, they'd disappear or be greatly affected by their universe's malfunction. If they were to die, their universe would malfunction or most likely self-destruct. The same would happen if they didn't return to their original universe once a week. These were the conditions most lived by with the exception of those under Nightmare and outcodes.

Nightmare looked to the island where Cross was thrown to and saw no one. He could only hope that Cross got away and was on another island. Outertale is based in space so he must've gotten away, he wasn't one to just give up or surrender easily. But he had to check. Going over to the island, there was nothing. The tree looked to be burned away by a blaster and clothes covered in dust were left in front of it. The clothes of his trusted guard and another none notable sans were covered in dust. He was completely in denial, believing Cross had gotten away and he was waiting for Error and him to return. They could mourn their lost family and recover and continue through this dastardly multiverse. He looked around and avoided the dust, it was probably just a scratch and he lost his jacket, yeah. He lost his jacket. Picking up the jacket he stored it in his inventory. There were shorts and his entire uniform in that pile. He had extra, he wouldn't miss his shorts. Or shirt. Or buckles. Or boots. He was fine.

Nightmare needs to help Error, then they could return back home. Where Cross was...

Error fought Ink and Dream with experience. It wasn't an easy fight, having him dodging and dodging and unable to fight back. Red paint got on his already torn clothes seeping into his spine. Bones were stabbed into the ground and strings flew around the stars of Outertale but paint and arrows flew faster and more frequently. They were on the offensive and seemed determined to injure him as much as possible. This wasn't new but it was a bit rude considering Nightmare had planned all this out for him. He could do without something as big as a picnic but to plan such an event then have it all destroyed by the so called "protectors" of the multiverse was a stab in the soul.

He continued dodging until an extra appendage came from the side and hit Ink in the skull. Nightmare continued to attack Ink, while Error dealt with Dream. Arrows flew across Outertale as Dream tried to multitask, helping Ink while defending himself from Error. Ink evaded Nightmare's attacks and threw back twice as many punches. His main focus was getting rid of the evils of the multiverse more specifically; Error. He could deal with Nightmare, Nightmare didn't destroy universes and Dream could deal with his twin. Ink wished to create and create and create, filling the world with his creations and life. Another attack had Ink glaring at the negative twin and he chose to completely ignore the other in favor of going against Error.

He was quickly overwhelmed once Ink came from behind and straight into his back, Cracking his spine and following with blue paint which slowed him. Error stood on his feet and dodged around the Creator's close ranged and frantic attacks while evading Dream's arrows. Some would snag on his coat, tearing it and allowing Ink to get a hit. Nightmare joined the battle moving to distract Dream and Ink but Dream's arrows dug into his tar further damaging him and lessening his attacks that Dream dodged. Error was forced to an edge and Nightmare hit Ink, grabbing his leg and dragging him away. Dream quickly took over for Ink by firing a projectile at Error's chest. The force from the arrow hitting its target and the intent filling it sent Error over the edge. He grabbed the arrow from his chest and tugged at it before seeing Nightmare at the edge. His socket widened in horror before his head was blown out by Ink's brush sending a brigade of bone piece and tar falling off and after Error.

Error's sockets were wide in disbelief as he saw the last of his family die in front of his eyes.

The void greedily swallowed him. Tearing at not only his bones by his soul and coding. Every one and zero, every letter was picked apart and scattered across the void giving him no time to grieve his loved ones.

He died. Emotionally.

Black was all he saw as his mind was dazed. He couldn't think properly and while he knew he was conscious it was like he was on the verge of unconsciousness. He saw nothing and didn't know if his eyes were even open. Tears fled his sockets as his mind became less foggy and the dust upon his soul became more than he could handle.

His family,

the only ones that would accept him for who he is because they too were outcasted...

People that went through shit and came out more sane than that demented council of stars.

They were dead.

All because of him.

His role as the destroyer led them to their deaths, their mere alliance with him was their end. They could have still been alive, together and spreading chaos all the while having no connection to him. They would be happier without him in their lives, without the constant worry over his old wounds or his life, they could've moved on but no, he had to join their lives and now they were dead.

Everyone he ever opened himself up to was killed or persuaded by the stars that he was just a mindless, psychopathic, manipulative mass killer. They were quick to leave or dust, leaving him alone for another century. Those that he so selfishly kept close wormed their way into his soul where he promised them and himself to keep them close and safe, to hold them above his own head as they held more importance than his own life. He'd let the balance fall for their own safety and health.

And now they're dead.

The wind flew behind him as he fell down into the snow. His ribs began to burn and it felt harder to breathe. He laid in the snow, limp; his mind heavily blaming himself for his friend's dust that is now on his hands. He closed his sockets and didn't bother taking calming breaths to collect himself. His coding didn't feel at all together and his mind and body were screaming at him. His bones broke themselves as they relaxed against the cold snow, pops originated from his spine as his head looked to the rocky ceiling of the underground. His eyes were just dull so he shut them and covered his face with his scarred hands. He couldn't bother to stand if Ink came for him. If anything killing him would be a mercy...

Steps coming closer had him debating on whether he should open his eyes or just let the footsteps come closer. As he listened in, he realized there were multiple footsteps. Two if he really cared to listen in. The steps were the loudest in the bleak Snowdin forest and he didn't bother getting up. A small part of him was hoping it was the Council coming to finish him off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 90 38
It's mostly about one-shots or ideas about Undertale (and AUs too, of course). If you like to use my ideas or continue a oneshot, please credit me an...
288K 3K 37
I love Yandere stuff! So I've decided to make one! This is my first oneshot book! Please enjoy!
21.6K 642 42
Welp...here it is ꧁•••••꧂ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...
1.9K 85 16
HELLO EVERYBODY this is a new story! this story will be a killermare story but during the process of it there will be other ships with killer and in...