The Intern

By rosietapia3

What happens when a 16 year old girl applies for an internship at the Outset. She has lived a rough life, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 23

688 21 0
By rosietapia3

-Monday, March 20-

*Amelia's pov*

I'm so tired from yesterday. This whole week I'm in recovery. I wonder what's going to happen with my siblings. A knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" Mom asked me.

"Okay. Just worried for my siblings. Jacob sent me a text yesterday for me to go talk with his uncle who's a lawyer. I don't want to cause my adoptive dad any harsh punishment." I explained.

"Honey, look what he did to you and your cousins. He deserves it." Mom said and I let out a sigh. She came and sat next to me.

"Amelia, I don't understand this." Rose came in handing me a paper with instructions and a lot of parts to a toy.

"Sweetie, did you ask uncle Chris?" Mom asked.

"But Amelia knows everything." Rose responded making me chuckle.

"Sure. Just let me wear my glasses." I told her.

"You wear glasses?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, sadly I got stuck with your vision." I said jokingly. I helped Rose with the toy and handed it to her. Mom went downstairs to make some breakfast.

"Amelia, do you want to watch those videos in Mexico?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah, in a few minutes, but I need to do something first. Come with me." I told him and opened my window. He followed me even though I should be resting. I started walking to the nearest store.

"Ooh, are we going to rob a store?" He asked me.

"No stupid, I need to buy something." I told him. I went to the store and found vaporub. "Jackpot." I said and went to pay. As we were walking out we spotted a young mother with her baby.

"Look at that baby, it's adorable." Alex said. Suddenly a guy came up and snatched the kid.

"Give me back my kid!" The mother yelled. The guy ran in between me and Alex. I inmediately took off after him. Alex caught up to him and pushed him. I managed to grab the baby before it fell. The mother caught up.

"Thank you." She told us out of breath. I handed her the baby and the guy stood up and ran. Me and Alex decided to head back home before my parents notice. I mean it was 9 when we left and now it's closer to like 9:45.

*Chris's POV*

I went down and saw Rose playing with a new toy. I saw Scar cooking some delicious eggs and bacon.

"Morning baby." I told her making her smile.

"Morning babe, does it smell good?" She asked me.

"It smells so delicious. Just like you." I told her and she smacked me in the arm. I saw her cheeks slowly reddening.

"Could you go up to Amelia's room, she and Alex went upstairs like an hour ago." Scar told me.

"Yes ma'am." I said jokingly. I went up the stairs and knocked on Amelia's room. I heard Dodger barking and Amelia to come in.

"Need anything dad?" Amelia asked me.

"Yeah, your mom is finishing with breakfast if you two want to start heading down." I told them.

'Uh yeah, also, is there anything planned today?" Alex asked me.

"Not that I'm aware of. Why?" I told him.

"So we can watch our family videos." He told me.

"That sounds good with me. Now let's go eat." I told them. They were behind me teasing each other the whole way down. We sat down and Rose joined us. Scar soon came out with the food.

"It smells good mommy." Rose told her.

"Thank you Rosie." Scar said and turned to Amelia. She was to busy talking with Alex. Scar then went back to eating a bit disappointed. I then got a text and went to check it. It was Amelia, who said that she wanted to do the surprise dinner for Scar.

"Alex give me my bacon." Amelia spoke.

"Nope, do you want it?" Alex said and then licked the bacon.

"Why are you so disgusting. You eat like a pig." Amelia responded and grabbed some of his grapes.

"No, those are my favorite." Alex said as Amelia ate them.

"Alright you two split up." Scar spoke. Rose was holding in her laugh. Alex and Amelia finished eating and quickly did their dishes before going up.

"Hey mommy, why is Amelia and Alex always fighting?" Rose asked.

"That's how they are Rose. They grew up with each other. And it can sometimes get annoying." I explained to him.

"And, they sometimes do it for fun." Scar added. I looked around and saw Dodger eating his food.

*Amelia's POV*

I told Jacob about my plan and he said he was going to help me. Gio is on vacation. Me and Alex are going to pick him up and do some groceries. Then, dad said he was going to take mom and Rose out, so we can start setting up. Alex and I got in his car and went to Jacob's house.

"Hey Lia, you okay?" Jacob said as he came to me a gave me a soft kiss.

"I'm fine, thanks." I told him.

"I'm fine too." Alex spoke. Jacob got in the back seats and we started the drive to the super market. I started telling the boys for my plan tonight. We got to the supermarket and bought everything we needed. And some candy too. By now it was now closer to 12.

"So who's cooking?" Jacob asked.

"Me and Alex." I told him and he looked offended.

"I can cook." He defended himself.

"But you burn the food." I told him. "I'm kidding, I actually need you to help me with decorating." I told him.

"Yay." He said not so excited. My dad texted that he's already out of the house. Time to surprise mom.

*Scarlett's POV*

I honestly felt like staying in with what happened recently, but Chris wanted to go out.

"Where we going uncle Chris?" Rosey asked.

"To go watch some movies." Chris told her as we got in to Chris's car. I still don't know why Amelia wouldn't want to come. We got to the movies and there wasn't a lot of good movies. Most of them didn't seem for Rose.

"Batman." Rose said. Chris paid the tickets and snacks and we went to see Batman. Kind of funny. Marvel actors seeing a DC movie. Some movies are good but Marvel has better movies. There was not a lot of people which was great.

*Amelia's POV*

When we got home, me and Alex got everything out. He started cooking while I went out with Jacob.

"So what's the plan?" He asked me.

"Well, I was thinking of putting a small round table right in front of the patio. Maybe hang some fairy lights. And um...I can't think of anything else."I told him.

"Alright, well I'll get started, I'll call you if I need any help." He told me. I gave him a small kiss before heading back inside. For appetizers, some salad along with some chicken wings.  And then, main course meal is going to be  Chicken Alfredo pasta with garlic bread. And then dessert, some chocolate cake with flan.

"I'll get started with the pasta then, you can start with the chicken wings." Alex told me. It was now 1 and we should be done by 3, maybe 4. I went outside to make the wings and talk with Jacob. He looks hot setting up.

*Chris's POV*

After the Batman movie ended, it was nearing 2.

"Hey Chris, I'm getting really hungry." Scar told me. I knew if she ate, she wasn't going to eat later.

"Uncle Chris, can you buy me ice cream?" Rose asked me.

"Of course." I said and I hated leaving Scar in this state. But I had a good reason.

"I want the cookies and creme ice cream please." Rose said to the worker.

"Scar..." I said to her. She looked at me and then turned her head. She's hangry for sure. "And one mango with strawberry ice cream please." I said. I paid and Rose went to eat her ice cream next to Scar. I sat in front of both girls. It was 10 minutes later and Rose and I finished our ice cream.

"Mommy, I'm going to the playground." Rose told Scar. I took Scar's hand but she pulled them away.

"Scar, did I do something wrong?" I asked her. She just kept watching Rose play. She's scary. I decided to call Amelia. "I'll be back." I said and she didn't say anything.

"What's up dad?" Amelia said.

"How much more? Your mom is getting hangry..." I told her and she started laughing.

"You're scared of mom. That's funny." She responded.

"It's terrifying." I whined.

"Let's see. It's 2:20. Maybe an hour more. Sorry dad." She said and hanged up. I can't deal with an angry Scar. I went back and Scar had her back turned to me.

"Mommy, can we go back home?" Rose asked after 30 minutes of playing.

"Sure, did you get tired?" Scar asked her and Rose nodded yes. We were heading towards the exit when I spotted a train.

"Hey Rose, don't you want to ride that train?" I asked her and her eyes lit up. I bought a ticket and Scar went with Rose to the train that goes around the mall. It should be a 10 minute ride.

"Why is Scar so scary?" I said to myself.

"You're Chris Evans. Is it alright if we get a quick picture." A fan approached me. I took a photo with him and he thanked me again before leaving.

*Scarlett's POV*

I know Chris is hiding something. I'm starving which makes me mad at him. Sitting here with Rose has kind of helped me. By the time the train ended, it was 3. Now, I just wanted to go home.

"How was the ride?" Chris asked.

"It was really fun. Hey uncle Chris, can I ride one of those toy animals?" Rose asked. I let out a huge sigh. I swear if Chris...

"Of course come on." Chris said and went with Rose so she can ride the toy for 15 minutes. I went over to Chris and slapped his arm.

"Chris, I really want to go home. I'm starving." I told him and he gave me a side hug.

"After this we'll leave baby." He told me. He gave a me a kiss on my head. At 3:20, we left the mall and headed home.

"Oh no, there's traffic." I said.

"Must've been an accident." Chris said. The 15 minute drive turned into 30 minutes. I was so happy to be back at home.

*Amelia's POV*

We were done by 3:30. We'll make sure to warm up. I made the boys change into better close. I got changed into a dress. It was 4, when dad's car pulled up.

"Hey guys." I said to them.

"Going on a date?" Mom asked me.

"Umm...actually I need you and dad to dress up. I'll be here with Rose." I told her. She cautiously went up and I stayed with Rose.

"We did a lot of things. I'm hungry." She said. I warmed her some pasta so she could eat. Alex and Jacob came in and Rose started laughing.

"They look silly." Rose said.

"I know right. They look like penguins." I told her making her laugh more. Jacob and Alex glared at me. Soon, Rose finished and I took her to her room so she could take a nap.

"Everything is warmed up." Alex said.

"Lights are on, should be more beautiful as it gets darker." Jacob told me.

"Why are we getting dressed up?" Dad asked.

"You and mom need a date. So this is for mom, but also for you. Just a thank you." I told them. We waited for mom. After 5 minutes she walked out. Dad's mouth went wide open.

"Scar, you look beautiful." Dad told her.

"Thanks, you too. Now, I'm hungry." She said.

"Right, well if you two follow me. I'll lead you to an exclusive table." I said and opened the doors to the patio. I walked them down to the grass where the small table was at.

*Scarlett's POV*

I did not expect this. I turned to Chris who also had a surprised face. Amelia led us to the backyard, to a table on the grass. It was beautiful. Especially, the lights hanging. Chris pulled the chair for me to sit.

"Your waiter should be here any second. Hope you enjoy it." Amelia said and placed a menu and walked off.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Chris.

"I knew she was planning something. But wasn't expecting this." Chris said. Just then Alex came in a suit. I tried so hard not to laugh at his suit that was not adjusted.

"Good afternoon, could I get you started on some drinks?" Alex asked us.

"What do you have?" Chris asked.

"Well beer, but that's not romantic, so don't choose that." Alex said making us chuckle. "I can offer you to start with either lemonade or some champagne. I also have tequila, but that's better for later." He said.

"Wait, I don't recall having tequila." I told him.

"Now you do. Oh and of course some Coca cola or Sprite." Alex said.

"I'll have the lemonade please." I told him.

"And I'll have Sprite please." Chris said. Alex took our menus and left.

"We didn't even get to choose our food." I joked.

"I know, this place is really not it." Chris said teasingly. Jacob soon came out also with suit, but more adjusted.

"I have your drinks and some sparkling water." He said. "Your appetizers should be out shortly." He added.

"Food is ready." Alex yelled.

"Never mind, I lied." Jacob told us. Jacob helped Alex with the appetizers. "So we have some classic Buffalo wings and greek salad. Enjoy." He told us. Both of the boys retreated. I grabbed the wing first.

"How is it?" Chris asked.

"Really delicious actually." I told him. We had some conversation. After a while, Jacob came to clean our plates and Alex came.

"Now for the main meal. Chicken Alfredo pasta with garlic bread." He said. He left quickly.

"All of my favorite foods. Do you know why Amelia did this?" I asked him.

"She'll tell you later." He said. "Wow, they sure know how to cook." He added.

"Now I don't have to worry about making the food." I mentioned. The pasta was perfect. Amelia soon came out with the boys after we finished eating.

"Now, dessert, we have some chocolate cake and flan. If you're full, then too bad." She said and picked up our plate. The desserts were to die for.

"You still hangry?" He asked me and I kicked his leg.

"Very funny. Sorry for giving you the silent treatment." I told him.

"Sorry, for not giving you food." He told me. "It's nice out. And I'm stuffed." He said.

"Yeah, I'm full." I told him. Just the. Dodger came outside to join us.

"Alright, now let's get the couple to dance after the meal they had." Alex said. Me and Chris turned to the patio. Amelia, Jacob and Alex had an instrument. They started singing shut up and dance.

Chris stood up and gave me his hand which I gladly took. We started dancing and toward the end, we gave each other a kiss.

*Amelia's POV*

I'm so glad my parents are enjoying this. Me and the boys kept singing a few more songs. At 8, everything was cleaned and we were watching a movie with Rose. I stood up for a glass of water.

"Why did you do it?" I heard Scar.

"I wanted to thank you for taking me in. For giving me a home. Welcoming me." I said and she gave me a hug.

"Thank you bubba." She told me. We went back to the movie and soon went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.4K 41
Ashley has been in an orphanage ever since her parents had passed in a tragic accident, leaving her with no one. She's now 16. The Lynches decide to...
320 12 23
This story is about a young girl trying to find herself. Going through relationships, school, family, friends, and now a baby on the way, what will b...
278K 8.3K 40
After Emma's parents died, shes been stuck in the girl's orphanage. Her real concern is if she could trust the boys who are adopting her. They seem o...
18.1K 478 13
Meet Hope a 16 year old girl who may not be the prettiest and smartest girl alive but she has a heart of gold. However like any other teenager she h...