bunny love [k. bakugo x oc]

By oikawahatesme

Kuri Nakano is a half Japanese girl from the U.S. living what most would consider a good life; with pro hero... More

0. Prologue
1. Arrival
2. The Dorms
3. The Girls Talk
4. Study Buddy
5. Running
6. The Importance of Sleep
7. Sick
8. Stubborn
9. Fight
10. Apology
11. Quirks and Stuff
12. The School Festival
13. The Band Team
14. The Obligatory Bath Scene
15. Christmas Party
16. Class 1-B
17. Valentine
18. Final Exam
19. The End of the Beginning
20. Visitors
21. The Sports Festival
22. Dumb Luck
23. Work Study
24. Investigation
25. Encounter
26. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Finals
27. Another Summer Training Camp
28. The Tattoo
29. The Obligatory Pool Scene
30. Patrolling
31. Into the Dreamscape
32. Kiss and Make Up
33. Doors to Nowhere
34. What Friends Are For
35. Birthday
36. Confessions
37. Rehearsal
38. The Play
39. Rumors
40. First Date
41. Gifts
42. The New Year
43. Interrogation
44. Rainy Day
45. Conflicted
46. In-Laws
48. Another Sports Festival
49. Torment
50. Empathy
51. Midnight Rambling
52. Change of Pace
53. A Teacher's Worth
54. Abroad
55. California Girls
56. Facing Reality
57. Long Overdue
58. Summer Festival
special chapter announcement!

47. Sleepover

295 7 2
By oikawahatesme

Kuri stepped into the well-lit, but extremely cramped storage room that Katsuki's mom had led her into, slowly following her almost-mother-in-law through a tall maze of clothing-filled plastic crates. Each box bore a label denoting the year it was from and what article of clothing it was. Kuri's eyes scanned the stacks upon stacks of archived clothes, wondering how they would sort through this mass to find anything for her.

"Here we are!"

Katsuki's mom stopped abruptly and reached to grab a box labeled "nightgowns" from the top of a stack. Kuri awkwardly stood beside her as she kneeled on the floor and began sifting through it. Kuri glanced at the remaining boxes in the stack, also full of pajamas.

"Um, Mrs. Bakugo, would you like me to help?" Kuri asked, pointing at the crates.

"Oh, yes! Thank you, Kuri, that would be great," she grinned. "By the way, just call me Mitsuki. After all, you're close to becoming a part of the family."

Wow, she's way more forward than Katsuki. We just met and are already on a first-name basis. Guess she's the laid-back type.

"Alright," Kuri chuckled shyly and reached to grab another crate. She set it down on the floor across from Mitsuki and opened it, gingerly examining the colorful, satiny contents to determine which ones were her style. "You seem very supportive of Katsuki's decision to date me."

"I sure am!" Mitsuki exclaimed. "I never expected him to attract such a lovely girl, so I'm all for this. He's so arrogant I didn't think he could win over anyone."

Mitsuki laughed to herself, then pulled out a nightgown to hold it up to the light. She squinted at it for a moment, then folded it and placed it on the crate's lid, which was on the floor beside her.

Kuri hummed in thought, both wondering if she should pick out any of the cute nightgowns she spotted and about Mitsuki's statement.

"You know, if someone told me on the day I met Katsuki that we would date in the future, I wouldn't have believed them. Sure, he was handsome and maybe cool, but not friendly and definitely not nice," Kuri said, chuckling as she recalled the time Aizawa forced him to help her study. She selected a rosy pink nightgown with puffy sleeves, placed it next to her, and sighed. "Though, it's not like I wasn't annoying, too, given how I buzzed around him like a fly. I think because I was constantly teasing him and trying to have fun, we ended up connecting, and I realized he wasn't that bad. That's when I fell for him."

"And how long did that take?" Mitsuki asked, refolding a nightgown she'd picked out from the box, then changed her mind about.

"Only a couple months, so not long," Kuri shrugged. She questioned herself in the back of her mind why she was opening up so much to Mitsuki, but something about her demeanor made her feel like an old friend. "Katsuki took a lot longer, though. He apparently figured out his feelings for me that day we caught the vigilantes."

Mitsuki raised her eyebrows, and a smile glinted across her face that belonged more to a nosy teenager than a benignly curious mom. Her expression reminded Kuri of the face Mina made when she wanted to hear some juicy details, which was probably why Kuri felt inclined to share so much.

"So, what exactly happened on that day to make Katsuki against talking about it earlier?"

"Well..." Kuri hesitated. She said earlier that she'd keep their first kiss a secret because Katsuki seemed embarrassed, but now he wasn't here to object. Should she go against his wishes? It's not like he would find out, would he?

Kuri bit her lip as if to scold herself. It wasn't right to break that promise, so she decided against telling the truth. Plus, if Kuri were to actually try and explain the events leading up to the kiss—because Kuri knew she would need to—she would get caught up in her trauma and freeze. Mitsuki didn't need to see all that during their first meeting.

"If you're interested in knowing what happened, you should ask Katsuki because I was out of it that day," Kuri finally answered.

Mitsuki uttered a quiet sigh of disappointment but covered it with an understanding smile.

"Alright, though I don't think he'll be keen on giving me the full story," Mitsuki said before examining her and Kuri's small stacks of choice nightgowns. "Looks like we have some good options for you! Time to try them on."

"Already?" Kuri asked, looking up and whipping her head around at the crates piled high around them. "But there are so many more boxes...?"

"We can look through those another time," Mitsuki waved her hand and rose to her feet. "We just need to get you something wearable for now. Plus, a smaller pool is easier to pick from—especially if it's saturated with good choices!" Mitsuki placed the lid back on the box she'd opened, then took her stack of hand-selected nightgowns and proudly handed them to Kuri. "You're welcome to change in here before you choose. There's a mirror by the door, and I'll be outside until you're done or if you want a second opinion on how you look."

Kuri thanked Mitsuki, who left quickly and closed the door behind her, allowing Kuri the privacy to determine which gown was best. She picked up the short stack of pajamas and the lid of one of the crates so she could rest her options somewhere without dirtying them.

After removing her clothes, she picked up the first gown: a long, dark purple nightdress composed of satin and lace. It was a tad too tight around her shoulders, so she put it in a new stack and picked up the next nightgown.

"You know, Kuri..." Mitsuki suddenly spoke from the other side of the door.

"Yes?"

"I think Katsuki has softened under your influence," Mitsuki continued. "We barely argued today, and he seemed more reserved because he hardly raised his voice. But, it could just be that he's grown and finally less rude and immature."

Kuri hummed as she contemplated Mitsuki's observations.

"I think there's some truth to what you're saying," Kuri said as she donned the next nightgown. "Katsuki has changed slowly over time, so I don't notice on a day-to-day basis, but he's definitely different from when we met. I don't think that's all my doing, though. I believe he's changed of his own volition."

"Well, if you're not the root cause, what is?" Mitsuki asked. "I'd like to know because then we could get him to treat me and Masaru like we're his loving parents instead of hiding from us."

Kuri wasn't sure what to say to that, considering most kids—including herself—thought that their parents' very nature of being parents was plenty of reason to avoid them. Still, she didn't want to dash Mitsuki's hopes, so she thought of the most genuine thing she could say. After all, Katsuki wasn't her, so he had a better chance at reconciliation and bonding with his family.

"I think Katsuki will open up to you on his own; you don't need to pressure him with obscure methods," Kuri said. "Plus, you've been very wonderfully kind, welcoming me into your home and all. You and your husband are good parents, and I think Katsuki will come to see that soon enough and show his love a little more. And I know he loves you two by how worried he was about today."

The nightgown Kuri was currently trying actually fit, but it didn't look good on her, so she put it at the bottom of the pile.

"Oh, I'm sure he was having trouble keeping his cool," Mitsuki chuckled. "But what does that have to do with love?"

"Well, if he didn't love you, he wouldn't care so much about your approval," she said, her words now reminding Kuri of herself as she picked up the next gown.

Kuri had doubted her love for her parents before, but she clearly cared about them. Otherwise, why did she want to appease them and follow their instructions for her life?

"Also, he probably wouldn't have come by at all if he didn't love you," Kuri continued. "Plus, didn't he tell you about me on his own terms? That means he's willing to share this part of his life with you."

Whereas Mama and Dada only found out about Katsuki through a mishap... Maybe my love for them is still up in the air.

"I guess it's only a matter of time before he'll be willing to share more," Mitsuki admitted.

In the silence following her statement, Kuri checked herself out in the dusty mirror beside the door. She might have stumbled upon the perfect nightgown. It was one that Mitsuki picked out, made from drapey black cotton fabric that ended right above her knees. Loose sleeves covered the length of her arms and ruffled at the wrists. A tiny fuschia bow sat at the center of the square neckline, and lace of a matching hue acted as the gown's trim.

Kuri smiled at her reflection and cracked open the door, now ready for some of Mitsuki's feedback. She poked her head out and asked if Mitsuki would mind taking a look at the nightgown she picked.

Mitsuki excitedly announced her approval and beckoned Kuri out of the room.

Kuri left the door slightly ajar as she stepped out and gave a little spin to show off her choice. Mitsuki smiled proudly.

"You look stunning, Kuri! That piece is one of my earlier ones, but still a favorite. It's cozy, isn't it?" Mitsuki beamed. Kuri nodded, then noticed Katsuki's dad coming down the stairs. His footsteps alerted Mitsuki, who turned her head to address him. "Oh, honey. Done already?"

"Yes, I set up a futon in Katsuki's room," he said. "Katsuki and Kuri can decide who gets the bed or the floor."

"Masaru, what do you think of Kuri's outfit?" Mitsuki asked.

Katsuki's dad raised a hand to his chin and carefully regarded Kuri.

"An elegant style!" he said emphatically. "It's amazing that you found something that fits so well. Now, it's time to look for tomorrow's clothes, yes? I can help with that."

"Alright, let's be quicker this time," Mitsuki said, determined. "What're you in the market for, Kuri?"

Kuri looked back and forth at the two fashion pros, then thought of the fully stocked room behind her. What did she even feel comfortable asking for from them?

"Um, I guess something you won't miss?" Kuri suggested with a shrug. "I don't know how soon I'll get these back to you."

"Just keep them," Mitsuki waved her hand reassuringly. "We have plenty of duplicates."

"Oh, alright, thank you," Kuri said, taken aback by their generosity. "Let's see, then..."

They spent the next fifteen minutes digging through several boxes to find a relatively plain pair of brown slacks and an off-white, short sleeve blouse. Kuri had decided she wanted something simple, and Katsuki's parents had obliged. Once her outfits were squared away, Kuri changed back into the clothes she'd worn that day in preparation to go upstairs.

Before she could open the door to leave the room full of clothes, she heard Mitsuki remark something to her husband.

"I'm starting to think that Katsuki takes after you."

Kuri stuck her ear by the door to listen to their conversation. She felt a little guilty for doing so, but she couldn't help her curiosity! Not to mention Mitsuki wasn't whispering anyway.

"Why's that?" Katsuki's dad asked.

"Because he's soft on his girlfriend and can't counter her teasing."

"Is that how you think of me?" he chuckled.

"I think it's how you think of yourself."

Katsuki's dad laughed at that, and Kuri tried and failed to stifle her own giggle.

"Kuri, are you all wrapped up in there?" Mitsuki called from the other side of the door.

Oops, they caught me eavesdropping.

"Yes, I am," Kuri said, stepping out with her stack of new clothes in hand.

"Alright, then, feel free to head upstairs!" Mitsuki said. "Katsuki should be done showering by now."

Kuri looked at the two people who'd raised her precious boyfriend. They were so full of care for their son and her as well. Kuri felt so welcome in their home, it kind of caught her off guard. The immediate warmth and love which radiated from them beset all of Kuri's expectations for her first meeting with her boyfriend's parents; she'd assumed they'd be cordial but respectfully distant, yet they acted like she was their new child. Maybe they did already consider her their in-law.

Kuri smiled widely and bent her waist to bow.

"Thank you so much for everything," Kuri said, hugging her new clothes close to her chest. She glanced up at them with an appreciative look. "I really appreciate your kindness."

"You're welcome! It's the least we could do after offering that you stay over," Mitsuki said, slinking an arm around her husband's waist.

"Have a good night, Kuri," Katsuki's dad smiled, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder.

Kuri bid them good night as well and took off for the stairs, ascending them quickly as she thought about the experience awaiting her. Though she felt pretty nervous about it, she hoped sleeping in the same room as her boyfriend wouldn't be too awkward.

"Oh, wait, Kuri!" Mitsuki called, and Kuri backtracked to look over the banister at the two still standing on the first floor.

"Yes?"

"Tell Katsuki that his dad and I are rooting for you two!" she grinned.

Kuri giggled, and a similar sly grin popped onto her face.

"I will."

-----

Katsuki shuffled back into his dimly lit room, a towel draped over his damp hair, but stopped in his tracks just before stepping on a large object obstructing his path. The empty space in the middle of his room had been replaced with a forest-green futon about half a meter from his bed. So this is what his dad had set up for Kuri... Why didn't he just prepare the guest bedroom?!

Katsuki's face reddened as he realized what this meant: he and his girlfriend would sleep in the same room together. Alone.

How am I supposed to sleep in these conditions...

Katsuki suddenly heard a knock on the doorframe, and he whipped around, trying to compose himself as he came face to face with Kuri. She had a stack of unfamiliar clothes and a shy demeanor that seemed like a faint reflection of Katsuki's current disposition. Kuri's gaze shifted from Katsuki to the setup behind him.

"It looks like we're sharing a room," she said, her tone not conveying any of her thoughts about this predicament.

"Yeah," Katuski said, trying to come off as nonchalant, though he knew his girlfriend would likely see through his act. He slipped his towel off his head and threw it over his shoulder.

"Can I leave my stuff here?" Kuri asked, stepping into the room and gesturing to place some of her clothes on his bed. Katuski nodded, and Kuri shed half of her items, leaving them on the foot of the bed. "Well, I'll go shower now. See you later."

Katsuki awkwardly waved as Kuri sidestepped out of the room, and he listened to her footsteps go all the way down the hall before he turned back to face his dilemma. He paced beside the futon, glancing at the other furniture and objects around his immaculate room and tidying them as he saw fit. It was unnecessary, but he felt the need to perfect his room if Kuri would be staying in it for several hours.

Why was Katsuki so nervous anyway? It's not like anything would happen—at least, he had no indecent intentions. Maybe it was just the pressure of a situation like this. Two people alone in a room overnight... What will they do? Most people's minds would jump to something that Katsuki considered out of the question. He tried to calm himself, sure that Kuri was just planning to hop into bed and fall asleep without incident.

Katsuki fell into his desk chair and massaged the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb. Deep down, he knew he wasn't actually worried about Kuri wanting to do something risque, considering her asexuality; he was overthinking the little things instead. Like, what if he snores and annoys her? Does Kuri need a stuffed animal to fall asleep? Should he take the bed or the floor?

That last question weighed on him the most as he considered the two beds before him. Both were perfectly fine options, but Katsuki thought it might be rude to make a guest sleep on the floor while he stayed in a bed. Something about that approximately fifty-centimeter height difference would make it feel like he was relegating his girlfriend to the floor because he was some asshole with a superiority complex. Not that he didn't have issues, but he wouldn't be the type of person to force Kuri to be lower than him.

Despite wanting to treat Kuri like a princess, letting her sleep in his bed would do a number on his heart. Sure, he hadn't slept on it in months, but the idea of her using it made him feel so damn bashful. Katsuki couldn't fathom why, though, since their relationship was now going on five months, so you'd think he'd have this under control. Yet, there he was, tapping his foot nervously in his childhood room at the thought of being alone with his girlfriend—something he did often. His fatigue and unease about being back home for the first time in a while were probably getting to him.

Katsuki turned around to rest his elbows on his desk and discovered another new object in the room. It had taken him several minutes, but he had finally noticed the present addressed to him from his parents, waiting patiently on the desktop beside his out lamp. He smiled slightly and resolved to open it in the morning. His parents must have planned to have them stay over all along, considering they left his present upstairs.

Those two...

Katsuki could always count on them to do annoying crap.

He sighed and stood from his desk, searching for something in his room to distract him. His fluttery heartbeat in anticipation of Kuri's return made him feel like he was crushing on her all over again. Perhaps those fluffy, adolescent feelings didn't go away even after dating for a long time. Katsuki was probably destined to feel crazy about Kuri forever.

Katsuki chuckled at the thought of him being head over heels for her at twenty, fifty, eighty, and beyond. Good thing the idea didn't bother him one bit.

Thirty-ish minutes passed as Katsuki rummaged around his room, unearthing everything he hadn't taken to the dorms. At some point, his mom came in to drop off Kuri's bag, which she'd presumably forgotten to bring upstairs in the hecticness of finding clothes. Katsuki left it by her clothing stack at the foot of his bed, then continued looking through his closet. He had left a limited supply of clothes behind when he was forced to move to the dorms, so he wondered what he could even wear back to UA. Katsuki shuddered at the thought of sorting through bins with his parents, but he still chose to close the closet doors.

Forget it, I'll figure something out tomorrow.

Then, he heard soft footsteps padding toward the door and turned around just as Kuri crossed the threshold of the doorframe. She stepped into the room and pushed the door closed but not all the way, letting a sliver of hallway light shine in. Her action made the room even dimmer since only a single lamp was on by his bed. Good thing he'd left the curtains open, so some moonlight could shine through his window.

Kuri stood in place, leaning toward his bed, then away from it as if unsure where to go.

"Hi," she greeted him before moving to his bed to pick up her stack of stuff. She said something about her bag miraculously returning, but Katsuki didn't really hear it because he was entranced by what Kuri was wearing.

She looked stunning in her black nightgown—so stunning that Katsuki was at a loss for words. He stood there, mouth slightly agape, staring at his beautiful girlfriend. Kuri made anything look good, but sometimes certain outfits enhanced her cuteness to a degree that left Katsuki breathless and unable to take his eyes off her. He wasn't sure why that had to happen when the situation was likely to only get more awkward and intensify his flustered feelings.

Kuri looked at him imploringly, tilting her head in slight confusion.

Shit, she must've asked something.

"Sorry, what?" Katsuki asked, glancing away in embarrassment. He was so distracted while looking at her that he hadn't heard a word.

"You must be pretty sleepy if you're not even listening," Kuri chuckled, the truth behind her misconception causing Katsuki to blush more. "Where do you want me to sleep?"

Katsuki examined the two options again, mind running into overdrive as he rapidly reconsidered the pros and cons of both choices. The dilemma fried his brain, but for Kuri's sake, he knew he needed to make a selection. She was even more indecisive than him, so Katsuki ultimately let his polite instinct guide his choice.

"I'll take the floor," Katsuki stammered, avoiding her eyes and rushing to tuck himself into the futon. He heard Kuri giggle as he pulled the sheet over his head.

"Alright, then, I'll have your bed," Kuri said. She hummed quietly, and Katsuki heard a soft thump as she placed her clothes and bag on the hardwood floor between the bed and futon. He listened to the click of Kuri turning off his bedside lamp and the sheets rustling as she crawled into his bed. Katsuki peeked out from under the covers once she sounded settled.

Even in the low lighting, he could see Kuri peering down at him with a grin, and somehow she felt imposingly close. His girlfriend was only one roll away from ending up on the floor beside him.

"I'm kind of surprised that your parents are letting us share a room," Kuri said, drawing the dark gray comforter tighter around her shoulders. She looked cozy and content, unlike Katsuki, who was stiff as a board.

"Same," he concurred. "It feels weird that this is happening."

"My heart is beating really fast right now," Kuri giggled, the comforter shifting as she presumably curled her body into a ball. "I wonder if I'll be able to fall asleep."

"Why are you so nervous?" Katsuki asked, his tone so flat from nerves he probably sounded composed, despite his heart hammering in his chest. He was marginally surprised that this situation vexed her since her behavior didn't necessarily indicate she was concerned.

"I don't really know," Kuri said, rolling onto her back and then back on her side to look at him. "For some reason, it's nerve-wracking to be sleeping so close to you. That doesn't make sense, though, because I know nothing will happen. I just can't help worrying about everything."

Her confession rang jarringly familiar to his concerns.

"That's how I feel, too," Katsuki muttered. "Even if all we're doing is sleeping, it's weird that you're in my house, in my bed, and I had no say in anything."

"Sorry that I didn't insist we leave," Kuri said, chewing on her frowning lip. "I didn't realize it would make you so upset."

"It's alright," Katsuki reassured her. "One way or another, my parents would've gotten us to stay the night. They're just annoying like that."

Kuri laughed and grabbed Katsuki's second pillow from behind her so she could hug it.

Damn it, I should've looked for a stuffed animal...

"Okay, just pretend I'm not here," Kuri said, obscuring the lower half of her face behind the second pillow. "You know, it's not like this is the first time we've fallen asleep next to each other."

"Yeah, you fell asleep on me on New Year's."

"And you fell asleep that time you were supposed to help me with homework."

"Oh, right, during your first week here. God, that was ages ago," Katsuki remarked, amazed at how much had changed between them since then and how much had changed within himself. Katsuki was no longer that same boy who ran away from Kuri's room that night, angry and embarrassed that she patted his head.

"Exactly, this isn't new for us. So, we both gotta chill," Kuri asserted.

The two of them basked in silence for a minute or two, and Katsuki closed his eyes as he reevaluated the day. Maybe it hadn't been so bad...? After all, dinner went smoothly, his parents loved Kuri, and no one chewed him out. Even now, sleeping in the same room as Kuri didn't turn out to be too big of a deal.

"Today went better than expected," Katsuki thought aloud.

"I think so, too. It was nice spending the day—and now, night—at your house," Kuri said. Katsuki cracked open his eyes again to look at his girlfriend's grin. "Thanks for bringing me over today."

"If you want, we can come back in the future," Katsuki said. "I bet my parents will want to see you again."

"I'd like that," Kuri smiled sweetly. "Oh, they're rooting for us, by the way."

"I'm sure they are," Katsuki chuckled as he closed his eyes again. He caught Kuri's quiet giggle.

"You have a cute sleeping face," she whispered.

In response, Katsuki opened his eyes again, a bit of blush tingling his cheeks.

"Hey! Why're you opening them?" Kuri complained.

"It's a little hard to sleep knowing you're watching me," Katsuki chuckled.

Kuri huffed in insincere frustration and shut her eyes. Her sleeping face looked cute, too. Definitely cuter than his, though he didn't bring it up, because he knew that would mean an unending tiff about who was more adorable.

"Fine, I'll sleep first," she said. "Good night, Katsuki."

"Good night, Bunny," Katsuki replied softly.

He took the next few minutes to silently watch his girlfriend as she dozed off, finding his heart gradually relenting its pace as he observed the rise and fall of Kuri's chest with each breath. Katsuki joined her in breathing slowly, and soon enough, it became harder to keep his eyes open.

After a bit, he closed his eyes one last time, and rolled onto his back, finally able to fall asleep. He couldn't wait to wake up to see his girlfriend beside him in the morning. Katsuki knew that would make it a good day.

-----

Kuri's eyes blearily blinked open to an unfamiliar ceiling overhead. It rushed back to her all at once that she was in Katsuki's house, sleeping in a bed that smelled like him. Her legs shivered, and Kuri noticed she'd kicked the sheets aside in her sleep, so she pulled them back over herself. She must've awoken from the cold.

With the comforter fixed, Kuri grabbed her hugging pillow, which had fallen on the floor, and noticed Katsuki sprawled out on his futon. Like her, he moved around in his sleep, so the covers weren't completely on him anymore. She stifled a giggle at the endearing sight.

How strange that Kuri was really there, sleeping over at her boyfriend's childhood home, while there was no guarantee that they would be able to stay together post-graduation.

Kuri sighed. Negative thoughts always seemed to wiggle into her mind when it was late at night. She tried to convince herself they'd find a way to stay together within the next year. They had to! Otherwise, Kuri wouldn't know how to forgive herself for letting Katsuki go...

But if Kuri wanted to avoid separation, that started with convincing her family. What could she do to reason with them? Her parents had only met Katsuki once, so their impression of him was likely warped. And having a boyfriend they didn't approve of sure wouldn't help her case for moving to Japan permanently. Besides the staying together business, she also needed to tell her parents she was quitting hero work...

Perhaps an in-person meeting would do some good?

Kuri impulsively sat up in bed, reaching for her bag on the floor beside her. She rifled through it for her phone and squinted at the bright screen as she opened her messages. The words on the screen were fuzzy, so she held her phone far above her face, hoping it wouldn't slip from her hands and crash on her nose.

Curse my farsightedness...

She could've gone back to the bathroom to retrieve her contacts from the container Katsuki's dad provided for her, but it didn't feel worth it for this random text. Even if just a few words could result in the biggest turning point in her life—assuming all went well—Kuri couldn't be bothered to fix her eyes for a single message.

She slowly typed out a text to her family group chat.

"Hey, do you want to meet Katsuki? If so, I can bring him along this summer when I visit."

After she hit send, Kuri felt around beside her for her bag and placed her phone back inside. As she did, she glanced at Katsuki for a moment and caught him shivering.

Though Kuri was hesitant to leave the warmth and comfort of the bed, she slipped out from under the covers and crept to Katsuki's side. She grabbed the corner of the futon and slowly pulled it back over Katsuki's body, smiling at his adorably peaceful expression.

Kuri already knew her parent's response would be a resounding yes, even if they all knew how awkward the experience would be. There would be a lot to talk to her parents about when she brought Katsuki home, so he and Kuri would need to extensively discuss their game plan before they touched down in SFO. Hopefully, everything would work out in her favor...

Katsuki rolled onto his side to face away from Kuri and began anxiously muttering something in his sleep. She placed her palm on his head and gently caressed his hair. Soon enough, his sleeptalking ceased, but Kuri stayed in place for a moment.

Kuri knew what Katsuki would say when she asked if he would accompany her to California over summer vacation; like her parents, he would undoubtedly agree.

Everyone in her life was eager to accommodate her—at least, on the surface. Kuri hoped her family would be willing to go deeper and find it within themselves to love her enough to let her leave. 

(A/N)

hey y'all happy pride! i was trying to hustle to get this chapter out (not that i really succeeded lol it still took nearly a full month since the last one) cuz i'm going to japan for two weeks!!!!!

anyway since i'll be gone a while that might mean it'll take me longer than usual to get the next chapter up BUT i'll be using my time away to extensively plan the next arc 👍

oh and life update i graduated high school 🔥

- chris 🎓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 704 39
This is a Katsuki Bakugo x Reader, Slow Updates! slight Shinso x reader (not really) An attempt at Enemies to Lovers Y/n Satou a girl who doesn't s...
523K 14.4K 49
*In process of editing* You're Kirishima's estranged twin sister. You've come back to Japan after pursuing a modeling career in America (Don't give m...
1.2M 32.1K 44
(Y/N) is a girl with a quirk, that likes to surprise. With her parents on another continent it's sometimes difficult for her to become a hero without...