The Intern

By rosietapia3

What happens when a 16 year old girl applies for an internship at the Outset. She has lived a rough life, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 17

858 25 1
By rosietapia3

-Tuesday March 7-

I went to school and I decided to go to the office to talk with someone about me getting bullied but they simply dismissed it. That put me in a bad mood for the rest of my day. At least I had soccer today. I was at lunch eating with Jacob, waiting for Gio.

"Guys, look what's trending." Gio said as he joined us. I opened and saw multiple posts about Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson having a daughter. I can't believe how fast it's trending.

-Friday March 10-

I was kind of upset because Chris is leaving today. I wanted to stay home but Scar wouldn't let me.

"Have a good day at school." Chris told me as he dropped me off for school.

"I'm going to miss you." I told him.

"I'm going to miss you two princess." He told me. "But you can always facetime me." He reminded me. I gave a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye. And then Rose was going with her dad for the weekend but he's picking her up today.

"Amelia, I got everything we need for the podcast." Gio said to me.

"You alright?" Jacob asked.

"Chris left for work today and he's going to be gone for a week and Rose is going to her dad's." I told them.

"How about this? Saturday night, us 3 mini golfing at night. I'm sure my parents can rent us a mini golf." Jacob told me.

"Yes and we can make a YouTube video out of it." Gio said.

"That sounds like fun." I told them. After school, Jacob drove me to Scarlett's house around 5. Me and the guys went for some smoothies.

"Where were you? School ended at 3." Scar said to me after she greeted me.

"Me and the guys went for some smoothies. Forgot to text you." I told her.

"I have an interview with Drew Barrymore the 15, so in like a week. Do you want to come?" She asked me.

"Of course. So what are we eating for today?" I asked her.

"Since it's just us two...how about we order something and then we can watch a movie?" She recommended me.

"Yes, can we order some sushi?" I asked her.

"Of course." She told me and went to make an order. I decided to call dad I mean Chris.

"Hey princess, do you miss me already?" He asked me.

"Yes, I don't have no one to tease." I told him.

"You have your mom." He pointed out.

"No way, I'm not messing with her." I told him.

"Good answer bubba." I heard Scarlett's voice.

"Anyways, did you saw my message?" I told him.

"Yes I did. I'll help you organize it and we'll do it after I come back." He told me.

"What are you two up to?" Scar asked. I had to come up with a quick lie. I turned to Scar who had her eyebrow raised.

"Chris promised me that he was going to help me with my photography." I told her. We talked until the doorbell rang and I had to say goodbye.

"Alright Amelia, what movie?" Scar asked me.

"Chris told me I should watch Aladdin, I've never seen it before." I told her.

*Scarlett's POV*

I had this whole weekend with Amelia and I was going to make it count. Right now, we were enjoying some sushi while watching Aladdin. I've watched the movie a decent of times so I instead focus on Amelia's reaction to some scenes. She looked so much like Chris but she clearly has my facial features, she does have Chris's eyes which I love.

"Hey Scar, umm...tomorrow me and the boys are mini golfing at night." She told me.

"How?" I asked her.

"Jacob's parents are renting a place so we can stay overnight." She told me going back to focusing on Aladdin. I texted Kate about what we needed to finish. She responded and it wasn't a lot. Just check everything is in order, respond to some emails, and lastly be ready for promoting. I felt Amelia snuggling to me and it warmed my heart.

"Tired?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it's been a long day." She answered. "Do you have any pictures of when you were pregnant with me?" She asked me.

"Of course, we can look through them after the movie." I told her. The movie finished and I got up to throw the trash away. "Alright, come on." I told her and she followed me to the storage closet. I found 2 albums. I would have more but I didn't get to see her grow up.

"What's this frame?" She pointed to a frame I had in the back.

"That's a picture of me pregnant with you but I took it off because it always reminded me of me losing you and not being a better mother." I told her. She went and pulled it out.

"Well...you got me back and so far I think you're doing a good job of taking care of me." She complimented me. She went and hanged the frame right next to her bedroom door. I got the two albums and went to the coffee table in the living. Both me and Amelia sat down on the floor.

"Is that me?" She asked to an ultrasound pic and I almost started tearing up.

"Yeah." I told her. We looked through the albums and she stopped at a picture. "What is it?" I asked her.

"No...it's just that you guys seemed like ready to be parents. I always thought that because you two are celebrities you didn't want to settle." She told me and I hugged her.

"Of course we were. We were excited to be parents even if we were young." I told her. After looking through the photos Amelia went upstairs and brought out a small album.

"These are some pictures of me as a kid." She told me. "You can look through them." She added. I took it and quickly flipped through it.

"I'll look at it before I go to bed. Now, what do you want to do? Soccer?" I asked her.

"Really." She said excited.

"Yeah come on let's go before it gets dark." I told her. Amelia ran for the ball and then passed it to me. I tried passing it back but that didn't work out. "Oh no that was horrible." I said and Amelia laughed.

"You tried. Two tips for you." She told me and I got ready to listen. "First one and it's really important...maybe stick to films and beauty products." She said and I was speechless.

"Amelia." I said and she ran. I ran after her but she was really fast. "Okay enough. There's no way I'm catching up to you." I told her. In the end, Amelia did help me. We went inside and had a conversation about her growing up in Mexico which was interesting. We went to bed at around 11.

-Saturday March 11-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up at 4 in the morning and went on a run like last week. I was heading over to the diner. I was ready to eat some of those delicious pancakes that Iris makes. And don't get me started on the coffee. That's all I thought while running. Once I got to the diner, I made sure to text Scar. I doubt she was going to see it. It was just 5 in the morning and she usually wakes up at 5:30 maybe 6.

"Good morning...Amelia right?" Iris greeted me.

"Yeah it's Amelia, Iris. And morning to you too." I told her.

"An order of coffee, bagel and pancakes?" She questioned me.

"Yes, how do you remember it?" I asked her.

"You were the first teenager I've seen come at 5 in the morning." She told me and I chuckled.

"This diner is what motivates me." I told her. She went and prepared me the breakfast. There was no one at the diner so it was quiet except for the old music that was playing.

"Here's your coffee and bagel. Pancakes will come out shortly." Iris told me and I thanked her.

"Hey, Iris, could I have some omelets and Nutella crepes to go?" I asked her.

"Yeah, so anything new?" She asked me.

"Not really, although I have a soccer game at like 1 today. I'm excited for that. And then me and my friends are mini golfing later." I told her.

"What about your parents?" She asked me.

"Oh, my dad had a business trip." I told her.

"And your mom?" She asked me.

"She's working in the morning but I'm giving her a break from me. I've been a lot to her believe it or not." I told Iris. "What about you?" I asked her.

"Nothing new, business is as usual." She told me. She then started talking about her family while I ate my pancakes. At like 5:45 I got a text back from Scar.

Scar- Do I need to pick you up?

Amelia-Please

"So, what position do you play in soccer?" Iris asked me.

"Usually a striker but sometimes as central defender." I told her.

"Is your mom picking you up?" Iris asked me.

"Yeah, she should be here soon." I told her. Iris went and got the omelet and crepes ready. I texted Jacob in the meantime. It was around 6 when I heard the car honking.

"Here you go. Take care Amelia." Iris told me handing me food.

"Thank you again." I told her and leaving a $30 dollar tip. I was heading out the door when she stopped me.

"I can't accept this." She told me.

"No, you deserve it. Please." I told her. She came and gave me a hug. I bent down a little and it felt nice.

"Thank you again. Hope to see you next week." She told me and I said goodbye.

*Scarlett's POV*

I woke up around 5:30 and saw Amelia's message. How in the hell can she wake up early. I did my hair and got changed. I went to the diner and I got there at like 6. I saw Amelia coming out and then a lady stopping her. They were talking and the lady gave Amelia a hug. I don't know why I felt some kind of jealousy seeing Amelia hug another lady. It's stupid of me. Amelia came and opened the door.

"What did you bring this time?" I asked breathing in the delicious smell.

"Oh Iris made an omelet and a Nutella crepe." She told me. We headed to the office to meet up with Kate.

"Who's Iris?" I asked her.

"She's the owner of the diner. She's such a nice person and really understanding. Also, she makes really good food and coffee." She told me. When I went to the office, Amelia went and took some photos of the city from the window. I enjoyed the breakfast that Amelia brought while I waited for Kate. Kate got there at 7 and some of the workers got there 7:15.

"So, should we get started?" Kate said. I turned to Amelia who was talking with the people.

"Yeah." I told her. We finished at 10 and I left with Amelia because she had a game. We got home and Amelia did some work while I finished my work in my office. We had a light lunch and it was soon time to go.

"Got everything?" I asked her.

"Yes." She told me. We got in and I dropped her off. She went to warm up, good thing the game was aways. So far they have won all their games. And Amelia has scored at least 6 goals so far. I sat on the top of the bleachers hoping to not get recognized.

"How's it going Scarlett?" I heard Jacob's voice.

"It's going good. How are you?" I asked him.

"Doing well. Can't wait for this game to start. Gio is at home doing homework and I'm done with practice." Jacob told me.

"When are your baseball games?" I asked him.

"This monday. Lia promised to come watch." Jacob said.

"Hmm." I said to myself. "So...Jacob do you like Amelia?" I asked him and he turned away.

"As a best friend. I mean she's been a great friend. Always supporting my ideas and dreams. And she's really competitive and always challenging me. I like that about her too. And then her personality is just wow. And I should stop talking. I've said enough." He said and I couldn't help but chuckle. Yep, he definitely has a crush. The game started and I could tell it was going to be an easy game. By the first half, Amelia's team was winning 3-0.

"Let's go Amelia." I shouted once 2nd half started. Jacob was getting tired and laid on the bleacher in front of me with his hat covering his face. "Tired of the game?" I asked.

"The sun just feels really nice." He told me. I noticed two girls way in the front shouting a bunch of swear words and I was getting annoyed. Suddenly Jacob stood up. "What the fuck are those two motherfuckers doing here?" He said softly trying to avoid me from hearing him. He stood up and walked to the girls.

*Jacob's POV*

I'm still questioning why the fuck Brittany and her friend are here.

"Alright, what are you two up to?" I asked them.

"Us? Nothing." Brittany said innocent.

"Bullshit."I told them. "You better not do anything to Amelia, I'll keep an eye on you two." I said going back to Scar.

"Who are those two girls?" Scar asked me.

"Pick me girls." I told her keeping an eye on both of them. I focused on the game. Amelia's team won 5-0 and Amelia scored a hat-trick. She was with her group and I went down with Scar following behind.

"Hey Jacob don't leave me." Scar said. I waited for her and went to the gate.

"Can I just say how much my feet are killing me." Was the first thing Amelia said. "Carry me please?" She asked to Scar.

"You're taller than me. There's no way." Scarlett responded. "Tell Jacob." She said.

"My pleasure." I said picking Amelia up like a sack of potatoes. Amelia started punching my back.

"Put me down you jerk." She said.

"Sure." I told her heading to the muddy side.

"Jacob don't you dare." Amelia told me and I started laughing. I kept carrying her until I arrived ti Scarlett's door.

"Don't forget, at 7 I'll pick you up so you have like 4 hours. Bye." I said to Amelia and Scarlett and went to my car.

*Amelia's POV*

I'm so happy about winning the game. We got home at around 3:15 and went and took a shower. After I got ready I called Chris and talked with him for about 30 minutes.

"Hey Amelia, I'm making a salad, do you want some?" Scar asked me.

"Yeah, hey Scar...I was checking the fridge and realized you don't have beer." I told her and she quickly turned to me.

"Why do you need beer?" She questioned me.

"I've been dying for this food that I like and to give it some flavor you add beer." I explained to her.

"Show maybe the recipe and maybe...I can get you some." She told me. We spent some time playing some games until Jacob picked me up.

"Hey Gio, how's it going?" I asked him.

"Alright." He told me. We got to the place and waited until everyone left which was around 9 at night. Gio got the camera out and started filming.

"What up everybody, get ready for this video...overnight at a mini golf." Jacob said to the camera. "I have Amelia here with me." And I waved to the camera. "And Gio." Jacob ended and Gio faced the camera to himself. "Now...some of you may be wondering how I manage this..." Jacob started.

"Rich parents." I said and Jacob pushed me to the foam pit.

"I'm not the one who has celebrity parents Amelia." He told me and I threw him a foam pit. Jacob explained what we were going to do. It was an hour in when I thought Gio stopped recording.

"Who would've thought that Captain America and Black Widow are my parents." I said while hitting the ball.

"Amelia camera is still on." Gio told me.

"We can edit it out or just bleep it." Jacob assured me. We kept playing until  2 in the morning. I slept on the foam bit, and Jacob and Gio in a trampoline. I had a lot of fun. I'm so glad to spent moments like these.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 63 32
Scarlett is a 17 year old orphan with an ugly past but what happens when a certain someone adopts her will her life change forever or will it get wor...
1.9K 28 13
It is a story about a 13 year old girl named Y/n who got a job at Marvel really unexpectedly. Will she get the permission to act? Will she ever be ac...
What A Life By aptorca28

General Fiction

23 3 6
when situations present themselves in front of melody she handles them. life was so mixed up for her being a parent at 22 working being apart of a fa...
150K 3.4K 41
Ashley has been in an orphanage ever since her parents had passed in a tragic accident, leaving her with no one. She's now 16. The Lynches decide to...