The Intern

By rosietapia3

What happens when a 16 year old girl applies for an internship at the Outset. She has lived a rough life, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 14

994 25 7
By rosietapia3

-Saturday March 4-

*Amelia's POV*

I woke up at 4 in the morning because I had too much going on. Brittany bullying me, but mostly about my mother's death. That is something I will never get rid off. An image I wish to erase. I got changed and decided to go on a morning run. I climbed out of my window and heade out. It was a bit chilly so I grabbed a sweater. I don't know how many miles I ran. I did come up to another town. I was hoping to see a diner open.

"Why are there no diners open at 5 in the morning." I said to myself. I walked one more block until I spotted an open diner. I walked in and there was only one other person drinking his coffee.

"Morning, a bit early isn't it?" I heard a middle aged woman.

"Yeah, for most people." I replied. I took a seat at the bar and the woman walked behind the bar.

"Coffee? Or Hot chocolate?" She asked me.

"Coffee please." I told her. I looked around and it was a cozy diner. I looked around and then looked at the menu. "And could I also have a bagel please." I told her.

"Of course." She said going to grab a bagel and placed it on a plate and gave it to me. "And can't forget the cream cheese." She told me. She then served me the warm coffee. I took a sip and it was the best coffee I had in a while.

"It's really delicious."I told her and she smiled at me.

"Anything else?" She asked me.

"Can I have the classic pancakes please." I told her.

"On it." She told me and went to the kitchen. I took a lot on my phone and noticed it was now 5:45. Jacob's party is at 2, so I still have plenty of time. I texted Jacob in the meantime because he usually wakes up at 5:30.

"Here you go. Homemade pancakes." The lady told me. I took a bite and it was delicious.

"Really good. Wow." I told her making her chuckled. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Iris." She told me. "What's your name?" She asked me.

"Amelia." I told her.

"What a lovely name." She told me.

"Thank you." I told her. Since there wasn't a lot of people, I had a conversation with her. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller. Scar.

"Hello." I said.

"Morning." She told me and I could hear some tension. "I came to check up on you so I could say goodbye. And come find out that you're not here." She told me and I gulped.

"Yeah about that..." I started but she interrupted me.

"Where are you?" She asked me.

"At a diner." I told her.

"I'll pick you up. Send me the address." She told me and hanged up.

"Guessing that was your mom or dad." She told me.

"Yeah, but it's been only like a month or two since I first saw them. I was adopted when I was a baby and..." I started. I made sure to send Scarlett a text.

"I'll make you some Nutella crepes to go." She told me and went to the kitchen.

"Thanks Iris." I told her. "Do you have any advice of adjusting to something new?" I asked her.

"I would say to embrace uncertainty." She told me and it made me confused. "Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won't have a title until much later." She explained to me.

"Guess you're right." I told her.

"I'm always right." She said making me laugh.

"How much for everything?" I asked her.

"16 dollars." She told me.

"A bit cheap for this amazing food if I'm being honest." I told her.

"I don't see the reason of making food so expensive." She simply replied. I handed her my card. I feel bad for not having cash. She handed my card back.

"It was nice talking to you. I'll make sure to come back." I told her. "I don't see many diners now a days." I told her. Suddenly I heard a car honking. She handed me my crepes and I left. I saw Scarlett's car and opened it. She didn't look happy.

"Any cash by any chance? I asked her. "I forgot to leave tip." I told her. She grabbed her purse and handed me a 20. I ran inside and left it on the bar.

"What's in the box? Smells good." She told me.

"Crepes. Want some?" I asked her. Before she responded I cut her a piece. I gave it to her and she ate it.

"It's really good." She said.

"The pancakes are to die for." I told her. On the way to the Outset I told Scar everything that happened. We went to the Outset and I mostly didn't do anything. Scar took the crepes and ate it. We left at around 9 and went home.

"So, what time did you wake up?" Scar asked as she was driving.

"Like 4 in the morning." I said looking out the window and then the car suddenly came to a stop making me lung forward. Thank God there were no cars. "Jesus." I said.

"4 in the morning?!" Scar yelled.

"Why you brake?" I questioned her and she went back to driving.

"Sorry." She replied. "How come I didn't hear anything?" She asked.

"Probably asleep." I responded. We got home and I went to take a shower. When I changed, I went downstairs and everybody was watching a movie. Man do they love watching movies. I decided to go to the backyard and sit by the trees. I leaned my head against the trees and closed my eyes.

*Scarlett's POV*

It was now 10, when me and Chris were watching a movie with Rose. We invited Amelia, but she decided to go to the backyard.

"Mommy? I asked Amelia yesterday a question...but I was confused about her answer." Rose said to me quietly.

"Well...maybe she doesn't know how to answer it. After all, it happens to everybody." I whispered. "Now watch the movie." I told her. I looked out and Amelia looked so peaceful. But I know she's struggling with something. After the movie finished at around 10:45, Chris decided to make some snacks. It wasn't cold outside, so I walked out with Rose.

"Amelia." Rose said running to her. Amelia inmediately hugged Rose and opened her eyes. I took a picture of the moment. It warmed my heart so much. I walked to my girls and sat next to them. Chris soon came out with a tray of snacks and laid it on the grass.

"Hey Chris, can we throw a football?" Amelia asked Chris.

"Yeah, come on." He responded and they both stood up to find a football. They found and started throwing it at noe another. Chris and Amelia are literally the same.

"Hey mommy, do you think I can join a soccer club? I want to play soccer like Amelia." Rose told me excitedly.

"Of course, I'll find you a soccer club for the summer, maybe spring." I told her and she laid her head on my lap  I couldn't resist caressing her hair while watching two of my favorite people enjoying time with one another. I can't forget Rose either, she's also my favorite. We spent time playing until it was 12:30 and decided to get ready. I got a dress for Rose out and then I found a comfortable dress all the way to just above my knee.

"You look nice." I heard Chris's behind me as I did my makeup. I looked at the mirror where our eyes connected.

"You as well...you look really handsome. Did you take a shower?" I asked him.

"Of course, why would I not?" He asked me.

"Because it's you." I simply said chuckling. We suddenly heard some yelling. "You would think with the age gap that they would not argue a lot." I told Chris.

"They are sisters." Chris simply told me. He went on his phone while I finished my makeup and my hair. "Hey Scar, has Amelia said anything about a guy other than Jacob and Gio?" Chris asked me.

"Not that I'm aware of." I told him. He showed me an Instagram post from Amelia's account. "Isn't he the same guy from other photos?" I asked and he nodded his head. We decided it be best to not get so worked up. We left at around 1:30. Jacob's house wasn't too far...according to Amelia.

*Amelia's POV*

It was around 1:50, when we got to Jacob's neighborhood.

"Wow, these are really big houses." Rose said looking out the window. "Which one's Jacob's?" Rose asked me.

"You see the guarded gate?" I told Rose and she nodded. "That's his house." I told her.

"I didn't know he lives in this area." Scar said as we got to the gate. The gates opened and dad slowly drove to the driveway filled with expensive cars. We got out with the gifts and Jacob greeted us.

"Oh thanks for coming. Come in." He told us. "You can leave your shoes on." He added.

"Where should we place your gifts?" Dad, I mean Chris asked.

"I can take them." A person said.

"It's fine Erica, you don't have to." Jacob told her. Erica was one of Jacob's parents maid, nanny for Jacob but Jacob says she's more like a second mom to him. We walked out to his backyard. We left the gifts at a table full with gifts.

"Jacob why don't you present us these lovely people. Hello Amelia." Jacob's dad said. Jacob's mom next to him.

"Hi." I told them and they smiled at me.

"Yes papa, these are Amelia's parents Chris and Scarlett and her youngest sister, Rose." Jacob said as they shook each other's hands. Jacob's mom walked to Rose.

"Jacob's younger cousins are in the bouncy house if you want to join them." She said and Rose turned to Scar.

"Go." Scar told her and she ran to the bouncy house.

"Why don't you two come with us, meet our family while enjoying some delicious appetizers." Jacob's dad told Chris and Scar as he led them to the couches where the rest of the family were.

"Anyways, Gio is over here." Jacob said as we walked to a small round table and saw Gio eating the sandwiches in one bite.

"Hello." He said with food in his mouth.

"Hi Gio." I said laughing as he swallowed the sandwich.

"Seriously? One bite." Jacob said astonished.

"Have you seen how small they are. What is up with you rich people serving small portions." Gio told him as he grabbed the vlog camera. He started recording Jacob and me as we walked around his party.

*Chris's POV*

I was totally not expecting such a lavish party. Jacob's parents took me and Scar where the rest of their family were sitting. He introduced us to them. Turns out, that most of them are lawyers, surgeons, business people, and engineers. I held on to Scarlett's hand to calm my anxiety.

"I recognize you two. You both do acting in those Marvel movies. Right?" One of the guys said.

"Yeah." Scar said.

"Oh, so you two spend your fair enough time in Hollywood. Does it get exhausting attending so many events?" A lady said.

"Yeah, you know there are times where I want to be with my kids instead of attending a place with a lot of papparazis." Scar told them.

"Gruyere and crab palmieres anyone?" Jacob's mom said coming with a small tray. Wow. Really fancy, I never had them so I took one. I could tell Scar was waiting for my reaction. It was okay, I like crab so it didn't bother. Jacob's family started talking about business and then donations that they've done. Luckily, the main dish was served and everyone started eating. I subtly stood up and went to Amelia.

"Exhausted?" Jacob asked and I looked at him. "I know it can get boring. I've been in that situation too many times." Jacob told him.

"Yeah." I said and then turned to Amelia. "Your mom is going to kill me for ditching her." I told her making her laugh. I looked at the bouncy house and could see Rose having fun.

"Oh man, you definitely made a huge mistake. Sleeping on the couch is going to be your bed tonight." Gio said laughing making all of us laugh.

"Yeah, nobody's going to be there to help you. You dug yourself into a hole." Amelia added on making the boys laugh.

"Alright enough teasing." I told the three of them. But I still kept laughing. "So, what are you three doing?" I asked them.

"Vlogging. I have a YouTube channel." Jacob told him. I have to see these videos. Jacob told me his account and I subscribed to him.

"Okay, I'll be back." I told them heading to the bouncy house.

"Uncle Chris." Rose said as she came down the slide. "I'm hungry." She told me.

"Do you want to go with mom or with Amelia?" I asked kneeling to her height.

"Ummm...Amelia. Last one is a rotten egg." She said taking off. I slowly ran behind her to let her win. We reached Amelia and Gio picked Rose up and started tickling her. "Jacob save me." Rose said reaching out to Jacob who took her.

"You're safe now Rose." Jacob told her adjusting her in his arms. "Do you want some sandwiches or fruit. How about both?" He told her carrying her to the food table.

"I've got to say...he's good with kids." I said to Amelia and Gio.

"He doesn't have siblings so that's probably why." Amelia responded. It was around 4:30 when they cut the cake.

*Amelia's POV*

The cake looked delicious. It was 4:30 and I was anxiously awaiting for my piece. The reason for the party being early is because Jacob's parents are taking him to Hawaii for the day tomorrow.

"Hey Amelia, haven't had the time to talk you. How are you?" Jacob's mom asked me. During my hard time I know I can count on her. Even though she may be working a lot she does try to spend time with Jacob and me.

"It's going good. My parents are just the best people I could ask for. And my little sister, she's just the best." I answered her.

"I'm glad you found your family." She told me.

"I'm glad too." I said looking towards my parents who were eating next to Rose.

"When me and Jacob's dad have some time and your parents too...I think we can plan to go to another state or country to spend the day together. How does that sound?" She asked me.

"It sounds magnificent." I told her with a big smile. I excused myself and went to my parents. Leaning my head against Scar's shoulder. I was getting tired from the morning activities.

"Tired?" Scar whispered to me and I nodded my head yes.

"Hey Lia, I see you got tired from the running." Jacob teased me.

"Anyways, Jacob was supposed to ask you..." Gio started glaring at Jacob. "I told him this idea of you two creating a podcast. So would you be down?" He asked me.

"Yeah, why not." I said before yawning.

"Well...you can leave to get some rest. Most of my should be leaving soon." Jacob told me. I stood up making my parents stand up.

"Rose come here." Mom yelled at Rose who was still playing.

"I'll see you on Monday you two." I told Jacob and Gio. "Enjoy your birthday tomorrow Cob. Better bring me a souvenir." I told him.

"Why am I getting you a gift it it's my birthday." Jacob told me. I left to say goodbye to his family and thank his parents for inviting us. Mom and dad did the same. I went to Rose and picked her up.

"I had a lot of fun today Amelia." Rose told me.

"Yeah?" I asked. And she nodded her head yes.

"Hey girls, come on." Scar called us out and I walked with Rose to the car. Dad opened the door for us and I placed Rise on the seat. We got home close to 6.  Scar went upstairs to turn the bath for Rose. After that Scar came down while Dad was changing into his sleepwear.

"Hey Amelia, can you come here?" Scar asked me. I walked to the kitchen island and sat in front of her.

"What's up?" I told her and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Sorry. How may I help you?" I corrected myself.

"You know how your dad left me to talk to Jacob's family while he was having fun." Scar explained to me and I nodded my head. "I want some kind of payback. So could you help me scare him or prank him?" She asked me. Oh she's cool.

"Of course. Can I record it?" I asked her.

"Yes and then send it to me." She told me.

"Wait...what do I get in return?" I asked her.

"How about I give you 15 dollars." She told me.

"You're an actress make that 50 and you got yourself a deal." I told her and Scar glared at me but shook my hand. "Pleasure making a deal with you." I said and walked away. I went upstairs to think about a prank. I realized that I could crawl to the laundry room right in front of me when Chris goes to turn off the hallway lights. Every night he goes downstairs and grabs a bottle of water. So that was set. Now I had to wait.

"Amelia, what are you doing?" Rose asked me.

"Nothing, why? Do you want to play something?" I asked her.

"No, um, could I just sit here with you." She said.

"Sure." I said as I grabbed my computer. I sat kn my bed, my back leaning against the head board while Rose laid her head on my legs. It was now 7 and we just had dinner so Chris and Scar are probably cleaning downstairs.

"What was life like in Mexico?" Rose asked me.

"Well...prices are cheaper but you don't get paid enough there. In my town, you were close with everyone which was nice. And the food is to die for." I told her as I kept working on my homework. I could feel her dozing off. She must be tired from playing all day. I finished my homework at around 8 and carefully carried Rose to her room and tucked her in.

"Amelia can you come down for a minute?" I heard Chris's voice. I ran downstairs and saw Chris and Scar by the kitchen island.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No, just me and your dad are a bit confused on your like status. Citizenship wise." I heard Scar explain.

"Yeah that also confuses me. I mean as little I didn't know what was going on. I'm not sure how my family did it. I think they made a mess." I told them.

"Do you want us to hire like a person who can help us with your situation just to make sure everything is in the right place?" Chris asked me. I nodded my head yes and they let me go. After a while I heard both of them going upstairs. Then I heard Chris's footsteps going down and up the stairs. I opened my door before he came up. I was crawling backwards first...so like my back facing the floor. Once I heard the lights turn off I crawled to the laundry room.

*Chris's POV*

I went downstairs for a bottle of water and then went upstairs to go to bed. I turned the hallways lights off but I suddenly heard a noise. I turned to see what was in front of me which was nothing but darkness. I peaked into the room closest to me but nothing. I turned back and I heard the noise again. I turned and threw my bottle.

"Who's there?" I said. "Hello." I said and suddenly I heard the water bottle being thrown at my feet. "What the..." I said. I decided to turn when I heard a noise again. I turned and saw a shadow coming at me. "Aaagh." I said and then I heard laughing. I turned the lights on and saw Amelia laughing.

"Oh my gosh that was the best." Amelia said going to get her phone.

"I heard a girl scream." Scar said and she saw Amelia laughing.

"I got him Scar." Amelia said and they high fived one another.

"How could you betray me?" I said to Amelia.

"Because...I just got 50 bucks." She told me and I turned to Scar.

"Payback babe." She told me as she chuckled. I couldn't believe it. After that whole incident we all went to bed. I wasn't going to go down. Prank wars has started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 28 13
It is a story about a 13 year old girl named Y/n who got a job at Marvel really unexpectedly. Will she get the permission to act? Will she ever be ac...
4.5K 86 17
A story about a girl,she is living a bit of a normal life but...Her parents treat her badly,she get kinda bullied in school,ppl hate her and treat he...
21K 1.1K 34
A woman adopted a little girl for her daughter, so she wouldn't be lonely. The little girl didn't have the best father but she knew her mother tried...
1.1K 92 22
Keep in mind this was my first story. Imagine being trapped in a world that decides everything for you -- how much you eat, how much sleep you get, w...