Oddities (Marauders Era)

By Prettymama29

Chapter order is INTENTIONAL An Interactive Marauder's Era Fanfiction. Poly Relationship with one girl with... More

Introduction
Chapter I: The Sorting
Chapter II: Housemates
Chapter III: Morning Potions
Chapter IV: Care of Magical Creatures
Chapter V: Dueling
Chapter VI: End of Day
Chapter VII: Toes
Chapter VIII: Detention
Chapter IX: Astronomy
Chapter X: Tulips and Berries
Chapter XI: September Fifth 1976
Chapter XII: An Evening Out
Chapter XIII: Cuddles and Thievery
Chapter XIV: A Boring Day
Chapter XV: September 7th 1976
Chapter XVI: Full Moon
Chapter XVII: Answers and Questions
Chapter XVIII: Letters and Stargazing
Chapter XIX: Little Fox
Chapter XX: Cheese
Chapter XXI: The 'Perfect' Date Pt. 1
Chapter XXII: The Perfect Date pt. 2
Chapter XXIII: Admittance
Chapter XXIV: Finally
Chapter XXV: A Little Fluff
Chapter XXVI: Girlfriend
Chapter XXVII: Barty Crouch Jr.
Chapter XXVIII: October 1st 1976
Chapter XXIX: Quidditch Season
Chapter XXX: Halloween Filler
Chapter XXXI: Distracting Filler
Chapter XXXII: Chamber of Disappointment
Chapter XXXIII: Butterflies and Trains
Chapter XXXIV: Topsy Turvy
Chapter XXXV: The Kowalskis
Chapter XXXVII: Christmas Morning
Chapter XXXVIII: Hugo and New York
Chapter XXXIX: Another Year towards Death
Chapter XL: Animal
Chapter XLI: Beautiful Creature
Chapter XLII: Hairy Situations
Chapter XLIII: January 2nd 1977
Chapter XLIV: Headmaster
Chapter XLV: Stressed and Bratty
Chapter XLVI: Test Stress
Chapter XLVIII: Promises of Home
Chapter L: Summer Pt 1
Chapter LIII: Summer Pt 2
Chapter LIV: Summer Pt 3
Chapter LVI: Screeching Halt
Chapter LVII: Tinsel Valley
Chapter LVIII: Untitled
Chapter LIX: Bubble Wrap
Chapter LX: Regulus Black
Chapter LXI: Guilt
Chapter LXII: Tart
Chapter LXIII: Engrave
Chapter LXIV: Lily Evans
Chapter LXV: The Marauders Filler

Chapter XXXVI: Two in the Morning

3.8K 188 122
By Prettymama29

Ronnie laid in bed Christmas Eve night, ready to go to sleep. A book in her hand about the most dangerous muggle animals alive. Something she found amusement in. The only light coming from her nightlight shaped like a dragon with a flame lighting the room. Something her aunt Queenie got her on a trip she had gone on.

A thump sounded from downstairs along with a few voices, causing Ronnie to sit up in her bed, placing her book on the side of her. Someone let out a squeal of panic before someone else shushed them. Ronnie moved to her door, grabbing her thick robe before pulling the door open. Avery was already at his door, meeting her eyes curiously.

"Shh! James!" A voice that sounded an awful lot like Sirius echoed up the stairs. Another squeal of panic left the downstairs, sounding like James Potter. Avery rolled his eyes, moving to leave his room to go down the stairs, but Ronnie stopped him with a grin.

"I got this. Go back to bed." She urged. He stared at her before sighing, turning around and closing his door quietly. Ronnie turned back towards the stairs, moving down them quietly to catch the sight of the four marauders standing by the front door, all of them dressed in black with beanies on. Looking like a bunch of robbers from a muggle movie.

James was currently fighting with the Chinese chomping cabbage with Sirius shushing him. Remus and Peter were both sighing at them like troubling parents. Ronnie grabbed the voodoo doll from the table that sat at the middle part of the stair before tossing it at the cabbage, pulling it from attacking James. All four sets of eyes looked up in alarm at the new person in the room.

"Ronnie!" Peter greet with a grin, rushing past Sirius and James to hug her. "Happy Christmas!" He mumbled.

"Merry Christmas, Petey." Ronnie mumbled back as he pulled back. Remus shoved Sirius and James out of the way, pulling her to him next with a passionate kiss, his fingers in her hair carelessly.

"Alright, alright! Let the rest of us in to say hi." James grunted out, moving away from the cabbages that seemed to lean a bit towards him. Remus pulled back with a soft smile, a sigh of relief leaving him.

"Hi." Ronnie whispered quietly, her smile growing as she looked at him. He looked more energetic than he did that evening she last saw him on the train. Remus pressed his lips to her forehead for a long moment before mumbling his own hi.

"Ahh!! What the-" Ronnie and Remus pulled apart to see James jumping away from a Mooncalf that had apparently banged its head against his back. Ronnie let out a laugh as James stepped back into Sirius before hiding behind him as the wide-eyed creature moved closer to him. "Ronnie!!" James yelped. Remus laughed along with Ronnie as Peter covered his mouth.

"Don't use me as a shield!! My hair is too pretty for this thing to munch on it!" Sirius shouted a bit loudly, causing the mooncalf to stutter back a bit. Ronnie shook her head, walking over to them and stroking the top of the Mooncalfs head softly.

"He doesn't bite, you loony tunes." Ronnie chimed, pulling a treat from her robe pocket and feeding it to the puppy like animal that had its large eyes on James still. "He likes you, James." She told him, looking over at the frightened teenager. James let out a huff of air, disbelief.

"That thing looks like an alien, Ronnie! Look at it." James mumbled out, causing the mooncalf to step back from Ronnie. It looked saddened by the insult. Ronnie looked at James with a glare.

"Calm down. You probably look like an alien to him as well. Probably thinks you look like his family." Ronnie muttered out, causing Sirius, Peter, and Remus to laugh. James looked at Ronnie with a gasp.

"Bu-but-" James stammered before sighing, stepping out from around Sirius finally. His eyes looked at the mooncalf, who was already looking back at him.

"You know - it's kind of cute." Sirius acknowledged, getting a look at the creature. Ronnie smiled, nodding.

"His name is Harvey." Ronnie commented, causing James to arch a brow at her.

"Harvey? Why Harvey?"

"Like Harvey Glatman." Ronnie explained simply, noticing the odd looks of confusion from all four of the guys. "What? Harvey Glatman- You know, the serial killer who was known as the Lonely Hearts Killer..." Remus snorted at that as James looked at Ronnie with concern.

"You named him after a serial killer?" He questioned softly. Ronnie tilted her head slightly as Sirius let out a harsh laugh before walking over to Ronnie and pulling her into a strong kiss.

"You are something else." He mumbled against her lips, his hands holding her head before moving his lips to her nose in a playful manner. "Only you would name a mooncalf after a serial killer."

"You know what it is??" James questioned, a bit surprised.

"I read." Sirius shrugged. Remus rolled his eyes.

"He read Fantastic Beasts on the train - borrowed it from my trunk. You didn't see him with it?" Remus mentioned. James looked from Remus to Sirius before letting out an aggravated sigh. Harvey, the mooncalf, hit his back with his head again and made James turn around with his hands in the air in defense.

"Bloody Hell, Harvey, stop that!" James whined.

"What is all of this?" Ronnie looked up to see her father at the top of the stair in pinstripe pajamas and his hair a mess from sleep.

"Dad!" She greeted with a grin. "This is James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew." She introduced. Newt came down the stairs, nodding his head.

"That's nice - who comes at two in the morning?" He mumbled, yawning. "Come on, show them their rooms and get back to bed. Big day tomorrow." Ronnie nodded enthusiastically, grabbing a hold of Sirius' hand and nodding at the others.

"Come on. I'll show your rooms so you can rest." She told them, pulling Sirius along as the others followed. James glanced over his shoulder to see Harvey following him.

"No! You stay here." He told the mooncalf sternly with narrowed eyes. Harvey tilts his head a bit before James rushes off to follow the others.

Ronnie laughed as Sirius let out a small laugh. Turning to see his eyes looking everywhere as he walked, along with Remus and Peter. James idly making sure Harvey wasn't following him still, which he was at a distance.

"This place is insane." Peter mumbled in disbelief. Spotting the mix match doors and the oddly narrow in the center hallway.

"Mom and Dad made it magically." Ronnie told them. "Magic extenders - magic - is always a bit wonky." She explained, stopping in front of a door that was looking a bit inflated. "Sirius, you can stay here. My room is right next to you, and Avery is across from me." Ronnie said, pushing the odd door open, which sounded like it had let a bit of air out as she did.

"I can't sleep with you?" Sirius asked with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows. Ronnie laughed, shaking her head.

"Sirius, you kick in your sleep. I don't think Ronnie would like that." Remus mumbled from behind. Sirius huffed before walking into his room. Hearing him mumble about it being one time.

"What about me, foxy?" James flirted, rushing next to Ronnie ahead of Remus and Peter.

"You can sleep here- It's safe for Harvey as well." Ronnie mentioned, stopping at a green door with flowers moving up it like a vine.

"Wait, I'm not sleeping with Harvey watching over me!" James snapped out as the Mooncalf came up to them happily.

"Come on, James. He's not the actual serial killer." Remus encouraged.

"Harvey is a huge cuddler. Kind of like a cat or a dog." Ronnie told him, turning towards him and giving him a short kiss to his chin since she was too short. James let out a sigh, leaning down and kissing her on the lips before resting his forehead to hers.

"Fine. But if I wake up to its giant eyes staring at me, I'm sleeping with you." He warned. Ronnie nodded with a smile.

"My bed would be yours. But give him a chance." Ronnie encouraged. James nodded, pulling away to look at the mooncalf that was suddenly inches from him.

"Come on, Harv. Let's go over the rules." He muttered, leading the mooncalf into his room. Ronnie laughed before showing Peter to his door across from James'. A plain looking door that creaked open slowly.

"Petey - Just keep an eye out for the demiguise. Dad's likes to explore this part of the hall." Ronnie explained as she waved Peter into his room. Peter sighed, nodding. Like he was accepting the fate of being woken up to something scaring him. Ronnie went to walk to the next room before Remus grabbed her hand.

"Ron-Ronnie. Can I sleep on the floor in your room?" He asked in a quiet voice. Ronnie looked at him, confused by his question before softening her gaze at his slight panic.

"Something happened during the break?" She asked curiously. Remus chewed his lip, showing the signs of wanting to say yes, but looking around. She nodded. "Of course. But you're not sleeping on the floor. Gotta keep you safe from the monster under the bed." She winked, lacing her fingers with his before leading him back the way they had come.

Remus glanced around as Ronnie closed the door behind them. The bed was only a twin if that- but Remus had cuddled with her in a single size hospital bed. Ronnie was a tiny girl.

"Want to talk about it?" Ronnie asked from behind him as she slid her robe off and hung it on the hook by her bedroom door. Remus turned to look at her, pausing slightly when he noticed her nightgown. Swallowing harshly, he turned his head away, shrugging.

"It's -" He paused, his voice breaking a bit. "It's nothing - Dad left." Ronnie frowned, her eyebrows lowering in confusion.

"Your dad left - Wha-why?" Ronnie asked, grabbing his arm and pulling him to the bed to sit. Remus kept his eyes off her, the moon lighting her up more along with the nightlight she had in her room.

"My- my uh- mom died a few years ago... She was a muggle." Remus told her quietly, keeping his head turned to examine the floor like it was the most interesting thing there was. "Dad has been off the rail since - and with the curse on me... I don't blame him, really.. it was only a matter of time -" He stopped his talking when Ronnie grabbed his face to turn him to face her.

"Your father didn't leave because of you." She told him sternly. "He left because he couldn't handle seeing something that reminded him of the wife he loved. Because he was too much of a coward to hang around to be a father. But never would he leave because of you." She told him. Remus stared at her, a bit taken back by the girls rant. His cheeks squished as he was held by her. "Don't blame yourself for someone elses cowardly ways."

With that, Remus leaned in and crashed their lips together. Ronnie, taken by surprise, released his cheeks to run her fingers into his messy hair. Their lips move against each other in a passionate rhythm.

Ronnie felt her head spin at the feeling rushing through her as Remus pulled back slightly, meeting her eyes in pure sincerity as words leaked from his lips.

"I love you."

----

A/n: 😊

Questions!!!

I have none.... unless you have ideas for presents that aren't common ones. Ronnie wouldn't give commonly thought of things. And I don't think socks would be it either, unless it's socks and something else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198 2 11
Alcyone is the youngest daughter of the noble and most ancient house Black. Just like her sisters, her parents had her fate arrange by agreeing on an...
16.7K 528 30
"So you want to snog boys?" I sighed. "It's a bit more complicated than that, James." When James Potter finally gives his adopted sister the freedom...
1.5K 80 17
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...