Chapter XXI: The 'Perfect' Date Pt. 1

James Fleamont Potter was a lot of things

Clever.

Loyal.

Funny.

Right now though? He was excited. His hand held onto Ronnie's smaller one as he guided her out of the Great Hall and towards where the Staircase was.

"I thought we were going to Hogsmeade?" Ronnie questioned in confusion as he ended up pulling her under the staircase where a statue of a one eyed witch stood.

"Patience, Vixen." James told her with a grin before looking at the statue. "Dissendium." He said clearly in a lowered tone. The statue gave a jolt before moving to the side a bit. A dark tunnel appearing behind it.

"Wha-" Ronnie started before James pulled her into the tunnel. It was dark and there were cobwebs in every corner of the rocky tunnel. Ronnie tried to look around, but James seemed to be in a hurry. By the time they made it to a ladder that led to a wooden panel, James held his hand out for Ronnie to go first. Her eyebrow going up at him.

"Well? Go on." He encouraged with a grin.

"Up a mysterious ladder where you can up my skirt?" Ronnie questioned with her hands on her hips. James flushed a vibrant pink that glowed in the dark tunnel.

"I- No! I- Never would I-" James sputtered over his words causing Ronnie to laugh.

"I'm joking, James." She told him eith a grin. "But I'm not going girst, I don't know what's up there." She told him with a stern gaze. James smiled at her, shaking his head.

"You don't trust me?" He questioned, stepping over to the ladder.

"I trust you as much as I trust a Niffler." She told him. James frowned, unsure if that was good or not. Secretly, Ronnie did trust Nifflers- well mostly Casper. But without another thought, James moved up the ladder. Peeking through the wooden panel as he carefully lifted it up. He glanced around before stepping up the ladder more and climbing out. The panel lifting away and his face looking down the gape with a smile.

"Come on, Vix." James encouraged, holding his hand out to her. Ronnie smiled, climbing the ladder carefully before grabbing his hand and letting him help her out. Looking around, there was a lot of boxes and shelving with more boxes.

"A stock room?" Ronnie questioned when she looked over to the bespectacled boy. James let out a short chuckle, lacing his fingers with her before pulling her to the door that led to HoneyDukes, the candy shop of Hogsmeade. The store was nearly empty with it being a weekday. Someone was stocking a shelf and another was peering around the blood pops. "How long have you known that passageway led here?" Ronnie asked as she turned back to look at the grinning boy.