Chapter XXVIII: October 1st 1976

Ronnie was surprised how fast the rest of the month went by

Ronnie was surprised how fast the rest of the month went by. September ended with nothing but a bang of excitement as Quidditch Tryouts began. 

"Why would you want to commentate instead of playing?? You OWN a broom!!!" Barty exclaimed as he laid upside down on the common room emerald couch.

"I prefer watching." Ronnie shrugged. Barty shook his head at her, making him slightly dizzy from the blood going to his head. Avery rolled his eyes at Barty and Rosier let out a snort. Both of which was sitting in their own chair by the fire.

"Barty's just mad neither of us play either." Rosier informed Ronnie. "He's a beater, you know?"

"It's the best position!" Barty chimed with a grin. "Regulus is our seeker, bloody good one at that. Mulciber is the other Beater and Pucey is a chaser, along with Flint. I think we need a Keeper and a chaser this year." Barty explained before falling off the couch and onto his head with a thud. His legs still on the couch. "Ouch!" He mumbled loudly.

"I would still enjoy Commentating over playing." Ronnie shrugged once more after laughing at Barty.

"I dunno. You might be biased with your boyfriends playing against us!" Barty huffed as he sat the proper way on the couch. "Sirius is Gryffindors Beater and James is a Chaser." Ronnie snorted with shake of her head.

"Fitting." She hummed, her eyes catching on a sulking Regulus Black as he made his way to the exit of the common room. Her curiousity was somewhat her biggest flaw, as it forced her to get up. "I'll see you all at Lunch." She waved, walking after Regulus.

"Think about trying out!!!" She heard Barty try once more. She laughed, rolling her eyes at him as she stepped out in the dungeons corridor.

"Hey! Reggie!" She shouted as she jogged to catch up to the boy. He turned his curly cover head to her with a scowl, clearly not wanting to even acknowledge her.

"Regulus." He corrected her, his voice just like Avery's always was, dull and uninviting. Ronnie ignored it just as she did with most people using it.

"Right, Regulus." She said with a sigh. "Are you alright? You seem...not well." Ronnie asked with a slight grimace at her own wording. Regulus lifted his lip at her, of course taking offense to it.

"I'm perfectly fine. Is that all?" He questioned, wanting this interaction to be over.

"No." Ronnie said with a short shake of her head. "Listen, about what those girls said last month..."

"You already thanked me." Regulus  interrupted her. Ronnie shook her head.

"That's not what I was getting at." Ronnie told him. "I was trying to think what she had meant at the end of her spewl... are you- I mean, I know Sirius left because of family issues...but you- You're safe, right?" Regulus went pale at her mention before narrowing his thick brows at her and glaring.