Chapter XIX: Little Fox

Potions class went by as expected that day

Potions class went by as expected that day. The class worked on their potions and talked about some things they would be revising in that week. The most exciting thing that happened was that Peter did something to make their potion explode all over the place. Everyone thought that Ronnie had done it, since she took full blame as she laughed with green and brown chunks in her curls.

Before Care of Magical Creatures, Ronnie stopped by her dorm to change her clothes since the washing spell only wanted to work on her hair and face. When she came out of the common room, James, Remus Peter and Sirius were waiting for her. The best part? Sirius didn't seem totally disgusted by her at the moment.

"What are you four doing here? You're going to be late for Kettleburn's big presentation." Ronnie told them with a smile. Remus and James both grinned goofy grins at her.

"We wanted to walk you to class." James said as he stepped up and grabbed her arm, just like how Barty would when he dragged her to lunch or breakfast. "Besides, we're not always on time."

"Only because of these idiots." Remus pointed out, nodding to Sirius and James. Peter laughed, nodding in agreement.

"Hey, I wanted to go straight to class. You two were the ones who wanted to wait around for Miss I can't make a potion." Sirius huffed, crossing his arms.

"Don't lie." Peter said loudly, elbowing Sirius in the side.

"Yeah, Pads, you were the one who actually mentioned waiting for- what did you call her?" James questioned with a smirk tugging his lips as Sirius was glaring at him.

"Little Fox." Remus chimed in with a smirk of his own. Ronnie felt the blood run up her cheeks as she glanced to Sirius who was avoiding even a glance at her.

"Hmm." Ronnie hummed with a smile. "I like that name." She commented before leading the way to class. They were already late.

Sirius stayed back a bit, letting the others walk ahead as he glared at the floor in front of him.

Kettleburn ended up going on and on about dragons today. Bringing up the idea that Gringotts had one deep within the tunnels as a guard against thieves.