Chapter XXXVII: Christmas Morning

"I love you." Remus whispered out. Ronnie blinked a few times, taking in the words that Remus had just muttered to her. Her lips parted to try to respond, but Remus shook his head. "Don't respond. Just I love you. It's how I feel, and I know you aren't ready for that. That's okay. But it is how I feel."

"Okay." Ronnie nodded quietly. Remus smiled, pressing a short kiss to her lips.

"We should lay down, knowing those two, they will be in here in a few hours to wake us up." He warned her, pulling the blankets back so he could get in his place. Ronnie let out a laugh, shaking her head as she moved to lay next to him, his arms moving instantly around her and pulling her into him.

"I'd be surprised if James and Sirius beat Barty and Rosie." Ronnie mumbled, scooting closer to him. Remus tightened his jaw at the movement, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"Are they here already?" He asked in a tight tone. Ronnie let out a soft sigh, shaking her head.

"Not yet. Will be soon, I suppose." Remus moved his hand to grip her hip, stopping her from adjusting anymore. "Oh- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." Ronnie trailed off. His fingers were digging into the nightgown that covered her hip. The hitch in Ronnie's breath and the tension in Remus caused Ronnie to turn her head slightly to look at him. The air seemed to thicken before Remus lifted up to meet her for a kiss.

Ronnie let out a soft moan as she rolled over to face him more, her nightgown moving up slightly as she moved closer to him. His fingers freezing as the feel of skin meets his fingertips. His lips pull away from hers as he lets his thoughts run wild.

"We shouldn't -" He tried, but when his eyes met the darkness of Ronnie's, he nearly lost it. His hand moved along her thigh, pulling her leg up and over his hip before moving in to claim her lips again. Both of their minds foggy with the tension being released.

With a swift movement, Ronnie rolled on top of Remus, her hands moving along his face before tangling her fingers into his hair. Remus moved to sit up slightly on his elbows, groaning into her mouth as her teeth grazed his tongue. His hands moved to her thighs again, causing him to lay back down, bringing Ronnie with him.

"Remus -" Ronnie gasped as he ran his fingers along her outer thigh, pushing the nightgown up more. His lips moved away from hers to trail along her cheek before finding her neck.

A crack pulled the two apart. Remus and Ronnie both breathed heavily as they looked at each other. Faces flushed, and a red dusting floated to their cheeks.

"VERONICA LOVE!!!" A voice shouted down the hall, causing Ronnie to scramble off of Remus.

"Shh! You moron! Everyone is sleeping." That was definitely Rosier scolding Barty. Right when Ronnie got herself situated on her side of the bed, which was incredibly close to the still heavy breathing Remus, the door flew open.

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS!" Barty shouted, throwing his arms out in a grand gesture. Rosier popped his head next to Barty, raising his eyebrows at the two in bed.

"Hmmm, It is a Happy Christmas, isn't it?" He questioned with a smirk. Ronnie blushed before jumping up out of bed with a smile.

"Merry Christmas, you two. Is Dora and Bella with you?" She asked, grabbing her robe that Rosier had held out for her with his smirk still taunting them. Remus cleared his throat as he ran his hand through his hair. Barty pursed his lips to hold in the grin that was dying to drag across his face.

"You two exchanging early presents? Alone? How scandalous!! I bet the other two boyfriends don't know about this arrangement." Barty teased as Ronnie shoved him out of the room.