Chapter XVII: Answers and Questions

It was like the air was stolen from Ronnie's lungs as Remus held her face close to his, his lips on her own

It was like the air was stolen from Ronnie's lungs as Remus held her face close to his, his lips on her own. It was her first kiss ever. Her heart was hammering but also felt like it wasn't beating at all. Her eyes fluttered shut as she moved her lips with his.

Remus felt like butterflies were swarming his stomach as he pulled back slightly to process what he had just done. His forehead resting against Ronnies.  He had just kissed her. It was completely random, he hadn't even thought about doing it. Seeing her show absolutely no fear of him and then keeping him from hurting someone by getting him to chase her- and he didn't hurt her.

Ronnies eyes opened slightly as she pulled back from him. Her brows furrowed in thought. 

"That was my first kiss." She said in a soft tone. Remus' eyes widened slightly as he realized what he had really done.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" He began to apologize, but he stopped when Ronnie let out a laugh.

"I wasn't telling you I was mad about it." She told him, her fingers brushing along his messy hair. Remus let out a sigh of relief. At the moment he really didn't know what to feel or say. "I'm just surprised." Ronnie finally said with a slight shrug. Remus frowned in confusion.

"Surprised? How is it surprising?" He asked in disbelief. "I like you Ronnie. I thought the flowers and late nights were telling." He explained, running his hand over his face.

"So you don't give flowers to James or Sirius? Poor Peter never gets woken up to a flower on his pillow?" Ronnie teased, making Remus grin with a shake of his head. "Well, I like you too, Remi." She admitted slowly. Remus eyed her, as if waiting.

"Is there a but to that sentence?" He asked in worry. Ronnie shook her head.

"I just-" She let out a sigh as she tried to put her words together. "I'm not very good at displaying it when I like someone. My emotions were never exactly an easy thing to show." Ronnie told him. "I've never done this before." Remus stared into her blue eyes.

"Done this...does that mean we are doing something?" He questioned carefully. Ronnie raised her brow as a blush rushed over her cheeks.

"I don't-" Before Ronnie could go on, James and Sirius entered with plates of food in their hands. Peter came up behind them. All freshly showered and clothed and looking completely exhausted.

"Morning!" James announced in his joy as he looked at Ronnie and then Remus. Noticing the odd air between them. Remus hhad just now looked away from Ronnie, his face screwed up in worry and Ronnie was smiling with an unsure mist in her eyes.

"Interrupting something?" Sirius asked suspiciously. Ronnie shook her head before yawning.

"I should go shower and get changed. Maybe get some shut eye!" Ronnie said before rushing out of the room. Sirius and James shared a look before walking to Remus with a look that demanded he explained. Peter, who was grinning like he knew a secret, walked over to the spare bed next to Remus and sat down munching on some bacon.