Chapter XI: September Fifth 1976

Ronnie sat down next to Peter in Potions, laughing as Barty grumbled to his seat while plucking a strawberry from his hair

"G'morning, Ronnie." Peter greeted as he placed his potions book on the desk, opening it up to the Polyjuice potion.

"Morning, Peter." Ronnie greeted back as she glanced at the potion in their cauldron. It was looking alright. Just as it should be since it had only been going for three days now.

"Ah, Morning class!" Slughorn chimed as he came out of his office. "Don't worry bout your potions too much today. Instead, since there isn't much to do with them I will be assigning some homework." A collective groan filtered through the class as Ronnie sat up in her seat. "Nothing much, don't you worry yourselves. I just require a 14inch essay on Polyjuice potion. The bad outcomes, the smell- taste. The works. You may even start it now." He announced.

Ronnie reached into her bag and pulled out some parchment and a muggle pen before jotting down at the top what she would need to write. She glanced to Peter to see he was looking at his book to gain perspective of the potion. Or to copy it, she wasn't sure.

"Do you want to work on our essays together, Peter?" Ronnie asked the shy boy. Peter jerked his head up, smiling at her before moving his head to nod.

"He's busy." Sirius said from in front of them. The curly haired boy was glaring at her. Ronnie raised his eyebrow at him.

"Is he? All day then? Why not let the boy speak on his own." Ronnie snipped at him. James turned in his seat as well to glance at Ronnie. His hazel eyes examining her facial expression.

"Why are you wanting to spend time with him? Do you like him?" Sirius teased in a sneer. Peter paled significantly. Ronnie furrowed her brows, a bit confused by the question.

"Are you jealous, Sirius?" Ronnie asked him, leaning onto her desk. Sirius parted his lips, not knowing what to say at first before scoffing at the girl.

"Why would I be?" He said in a disgusted voice. Ronnie let out a hum, acknowledging him before going back to writing on her parchment.

"I'll be in the library all of study break, Peter, if you'd like to join me." Ronnie told him, going back to conversing with her class partner. "Sirius, James and Remus are welcomed to join us as well if they please." She added.

James glanced to Sirius to see he was angrily scribbling along his parchment, nearly tearing it with the quill.