Chapter XIII: Cuddles and Thievery

Ronnie sat at the top of the astronomy tower alone

Ronnie sat at the top of the astronomy tower alone. The moon casting a blue glow over her surroundings as she sat with her legs hanging out under the raining and her arms resting on the rail above her legs. A mustard yellow knitted blanket over her shoulders as she looked out at the land below.

She had come straight up here instead of going back to her common room.

"Ronnie?" Ronnie turned her head slightly to see Remus climbing the last step and walking towards her. His Gryffindor robes still on but covering a thick sweater that was a bit holy. "You haven't been waiting long, have you?"

"No. I just came here after Dinner." Ronnie told him, turning back to look out at the grounds. Remus moved to sit next to her, slipping his legs through the railing and sighing as the moon reflected on his face.

"You didn't say a time, otherwise I would had been here sooner." He told her, resting his arms on the railing before laying his head on top.

"It's alright. I enjoyed watching the sun disappear into the trees." Ronnie said softly, moving the blanket over to wrap on his shoulders as well. Remus moved a bit closer, inhaling the scent of flowers and tutti fruity that seemed to be soaked into her skin. Ronnie turned her head a bit to see that Remus was already looking at her. A light blush rushing up his neck as he looked away.

"It is really peaceful at night." Remus said quietly. Ronnie smiled.

"It is." She agreed. She reached into her bag that laid next to her on the stone pavement. "I got your socks-" She pulled out a pair of forest green wooly socked that had little wolves stitched into them, holding them out to Remus. "Don't worry, they protect toes, not steal them." She assured with a grin. Remus let out a chuckle as he accepted them.

"No, these are great." Remus said, holding the socks in his hands. In his mind, Remus was trying to knock some sense into himself. He felt like he had no idea what to do next. He turned his head to look at her again when he noticed the small silver scar on her cheek. His hand moved on its own, tracing the silver line with his thumb as his hand held her jaw.

Ronnie tilted her head slightly, giving him a better view of the scar as she looked at him.

"It was from a fall." Ronnie spoke softly. Remus' hazel eyes flicked to hers as she spoke. "I flew on a Thestral when I was young. Wasn't on it right and when I tried to adjust- I fell."

"I don't get it." Remus said with a small, kind of goofy, smile. "You have a scar and it just makes you that much beautiful." As soon as the words left his lips, he sucked his lips in, scolding himself for saying that out loud.

"Your scars are beautiful too, Remus." Ronnie told him, her blue eyes holding a sternness. "Don't let no one tell you otherwise." Remus stared at Ronnie, letting her words sink in. His eyes searched hers for a moment before he slowly began to lean in. His hand moving across her cheek, tilting her face back slightly as his fingers brushed along her red curls. Ronnie let out a soft breath as her eyes began to flutter close, butterflies swarming her stomach in heated ball.