Chapter XLIV: Headmaster

A few days went by after arriving at Hogwarts. Boring days. No classes had started yet and the students were enjoying their final day before school would resume.

Albus Dumbledore was a peculiar man, with his long greying beard that matched his curly peppered hair. Half moon glass perched on his nose and a suede leather hat with a tassel that sat atop his head. His periwinkle robes swept along the floor as he walked towards the Great hall.

The hall was full of students, awaiting their meals. But everyone paused their chatter as Albus Dumbledore walked down the path before stopping at the podium. His hands coming together in a clasp in the center, a mystical smile pulling at his aging lips.

"Before we enrich our stomachs with the final meal of the day, I'd like to say a few words." He spoke in a loud and clear voice that made everyone curious. Dumbledore didn't usually make announcements unless it was necessary or dire. But with a smile and his hands expanding out into the air he spoke. "Bumfuzzle. Blubber-nugget. Malarkey. Snollygoster." He said with full confidence. Everyone stared at him in complete confusion before he lowered his hands. "Let us EAT!"

Food piled high in the middle of the tables and students snapped out of the confusion to pull the food onto their plates with glee. Albus nodded, turning his head to nod at the teachers before he moved to leave the hall.

"Albus? Not eating here today?" McGonagal asked. Albus turned his head slightly at her with a twitch of his nose, shook his head.

"Ah, I do believe I have prior engagements to attend to. If you'll excuse me." He turned away and walked down the hall. His light blue eyes scanning the tables, spotting the marauders laughing and chatting. His lips tugged up slightly as he walked by them and continued to leave the hall.

——

Albus walked along the halls with a curious expression on his face. His eyes spotting three of the four marauders talking in front of the Charms classroom on the fourth floor.

"I hope you three aren't causing any trouble." Albus said with a small smile on his face. James, Sirius and Remus looked up at the headmaster who was looking curious as ever.

"Us? Trouble? We don't even have that word in our dictionaries." James joked with a grin. Remus rolled his eyes at his friend before looking at Albus.

"We were just looking for Ronnie, you haven't seen her, have you?" He asked politely. Albus looked thoughtful before shaking his head.

"I have not - not in... I believe an hour at least." He hummed before his blue eyes flicked pass the boys before going back to them. "Have you checked that broom closet?" Sirius frowned, craning his head to look at said broom closet.

"Why would she be in there?" He asked. Albus only shrugged with a crinkle around his eyes.

"Why would anyone be in there?" James nodded at the wise words before turning around to go look in the closet, not even second guessing his headmaster.

"Wait, Prongs -" Remus tried but James had tossed the door open and a cackle released from within before a whipped pie was thrown in his face.

"POOPY POTTY HAS DONE A NAUGHTY!!!" Peeves rushed out of the closet with a manic laugh following him as he whipped out more pies towards Remus and Sirius. Remus having enough time to duck and Sirius getting smacked right in the face with his mouth wide open in shock. "LOONIE ROONIE PULLED A MEANIE!!" With the Peeves ducked into the ground, his laugh echoing after him.

Laughter came from behind them, Remus turning his head to see Ronnie standing before them in Dumbledores robes, the tassel hat on her head making her curls stand out. James whipped the cream off his eyes, turning to glare at the girl who was bent over with laughter.