Chapter XXXIII: Butterflies and Trains

Christmas break came quickly

Christmas break came quickly. The Hogwarts Express was taking the majority of the school home for the holidays in only a days time. Ronnie was sitting in the Headmasters office with a smile on her face as she rested her legs on his desk and watched as he unwrapped the new pair of self warming socks in a periwinkle blue knit. Tassels and ruffles lining along them

"I owled mom for them last month before the autumn feast." Ronnie explained to him with a quirk of her naturally red lips.

"I do enjoy this color, so." Albus commented as he looked over the precise knitting. "Is this one of Queenies works? Her stitching is impressive. Do you think she has a pattern for them?" Ronnie let out a giggle, nodding.

"I'll make a copy for you and owl it out while I'm home." She assured him, licking her lips as she contemplated asking a question.

"All you have to do is ask, Ms. Scamander." Albus urged with a raised brow. Ronnie let out a breath, nodding.

"I was curious who that woman was on Halloween with you. She seemed awfully familiar." Ronnie voiced. Albus smiled, glad that was the curiosity.

"Ahh, Magadora Huggle." Albus said in thought. "An old student of mine. She was here when your father was." Ronnie perked up slightly, interested in the woman.

"Was he friends with her?" She asked. Albus shook his head.

"I don't think so. Magadora was a quiet girl when she attended. Kept to herself mostly. A Gryffindor." Albus explained. "She had the same interests as your father, though. Excelled in anything to do with Magical Beast."

"I wonder why she felt so familiar to me." Ronnie hummed, leaning back in her seat with her arms crossed.

"Perhaps an old school photo." Albus chimed, his hand moving over the socks, admiring the softness. "Now, fill me in on all of the gossip." Ronnie laughed as Albus leaned forward a bit, getting comfortable for some real drama.

That's exactly what Ronnie gave him. She went on to tell him about the Chamber of Secrets and about the Marauders.